PDA

View Full Version : I'm really looking forward to seeing the new guys, particularly Watmore

Hibbyradge
06-02-2014, 09:58 PM
I'm very hopeful that Saturday will be an entertaining and successful 90 minutes.

Watmore looks an extremely exciting prospect, direct and a bit unconventional. We haven't had anyone like that at ER since Ivan used to get us off our seats.

Haynes too, should bring something different to the side, namely pace, and all in all, the prospect is tantalising.

I don't expect to see much of Boateng, but I'm sure he'll feature at some stage.

Should be good.

Jonnyboy
06-02-2014, 10:10 PM
I'm very hopeful that Saturday will be an entertaining and successful 90 minutes.

Watmore looks an extremely exciting prospect, direct and a bit unconventional. We haven't had anyone like that at ER since Ivan used to get us off our seats.

Haynes too, should bring something different to the side, namely pace, and all in all, the prospect is tantalising.

I don't expect to see much of Boateng, but I'm sure he'll feature at some stage.

Should be good.

I agree. :agree:

wazoo1875
06-02-2014, 10:13 PM
I agree too I'm really looking forward to see this kid play. Very direct

Alfred E Newman
06-02-2014, 10:15 PM
So am I. Mind you, after the video I was looking forward to seeing Edwin DeGraf as well!

EskbankHibee
06-02-2014, 10:20 PM
yipee

nonshinyfinish
06-02-2014, 10:29 PM
I'm hoping that they're all s***e, so that I can rip them on the internet. :agree:

FranckSuzy
06-02-2014, 10:31 PM
yipee

Very insightful contribution from you there, as ever.

Ronniekirk
06-02-2014, 11:18 PM
I agree too I'm really looking forward to see this kid play. Very direct

Think he is going to Tantalise us all .Gutted I can't be at the game

Bronson
06-02-2014, 11:20 PM
I'm hoping that they're all s***e, so that I can rip them on the internet. :agree:

That's the spirit:top marks

jodjam
06-02-2014, 11:23 PM
I'm looking forward to another run out for Stanton. If he carries on from 2 weeks back we will be fine. Plus more game time for Harris.

Be nice to see new lads but hopefully our young lads start the match.

Green Reaper
06-02-2014, 11:26 PM
Just as exited to see what Haynes can do, good feedback from friends down south that as long as he is fit he will bang them in. Watmore is exciting though, true edge of the seat player by all accounts, really looking forward to seeing them play

Jones28
07-02-2014, 01:00 AM
I think all 3 will start on Saturday

GreenLake
07-02-2014, 01:07 AM

Should be good.

Might be a while before we can see him in the US. I don't see any coverage on TV for this next game and I don't think Hiberniantv/xtra has it either. No audio either.

I'll need to follow post by post commentary on hibs.net where at least it won't be biased. :greengrin

Pete
07-02-2014, 02:42 AM
yipee

New signings. What's not to love about that?

@gdown:

hibbybrian
07-02-2014, 03:02 AM

On .net you can do that whether they are Tom Kite or not :greengrin

Hibercelona
07-02-2014, 06:47 AM
Watmore - "The next Lee Power"
Haynes - "Alan O'Brien without transport"
Boateng - "Bench warmer........ for the reserves"

Etc... etc....

oneone73
07-02-2014, 06:59 AM
I'm looking forward to another run out for Stanton. If he carries on from 2 weeks back we will be fine. Plus more game time for Harris.

Be nice to see new lads but hopefully our young lads start the match.

This.

The Sea-gull
07-02-2014, 08:29 AM
I'll be my usual boring balanced self and wait until I have seen them play a few times before passing judgement.

When I don't know of a player I am not excited about going to see them I am intriged.

I don't go on what people "in the game" say about them. Managers , media pundits and agents will always talk players up. Some end up being good, some bad and some ugly.

As an aside, the only thing I find more annoying than fans moaning about players being rubbish, is fans moaning about fans moaning about players being rubbish. It's the fans fault don't you know. We are the worst fans ever. :yawn:

Hibbyradge
07-02-2014, 08:47 AM
yipee

Do you really wonder why people think you're a Hearts supporter? :faf:

Try this. (http://www.okcupid.com/tests/the-personality-defect-test)

Heedersnvolleys
07-02-2014, 08:48 AM

Is forster injured? I don't see how he deserves to be replaced certainly at RB anyway.

Hibby Kay-Yay
07-02-2014, 09:04 AM
What's your thoughts on the lineup?

Williams

Forster
Nelson
Hanlon
Stevenson

Watmore
Stanton
Craig
Harris

Collins
Heynes

Heffernan, Zoubir, Robertson, Boetang, Murdoch

ALF TUPPER
07-02-2014, 09:05 AM
Watmore - "The next Lee Power"
Haynes - "Alan O'Brien without transport"
Boateng - "Bench warmer........ for the reserves"

Etc... etc....

.....hahahaha quality . :top marks

Jones28
07-02-2014, 09:06 AM
Is forster injured? I don't see how he deserves to be replaced certainly at RB anyway.

I reckon Maybury will drop out regardless, straight swap for Boateng and Forster to centre half?

Matty_Jack04
07-02-2014, 09:19 AM
I reckon Maybury will drop out regardless, straight swap for Boateng and Forster to centre half?

Boateng and Nelson centre half wouldn't surprise me to be honest maybe a temptation to give Hanlon an extra week, delighted he's back though been a big miss, if he starts, boateng on the bench as said above Forster has done nothing wrong at RB to miss out, I'm more interested to see what happens up front, be good to see Haynes but Stanton was great behind Collins last game...finally abit of real competition for a jersey though

Hibbyradge
07-02-2014, 09:20 AM
What's your thoughts on the lineup?

Williams

Forster
Nelson
Hanlon
Stevenson

Watmore
Stanton
Craig
Harris

Collins
Heynes

Heffernan, Zoubir, Robertson, Boetang, Murdoch

It looks exciting, but I think the midfield would get over run.

Also, is McGivern definitely still out?

Andy74
07-02-2014, 09:36 AM

Not sure any will.

HibeeMassive
07-02-2014, 09:44 AM
Boateng and Nelson centre half wouldn't surprise me to be honest maybe a temptation to give Hanlon an extra week, delighted he's back though been a big miss, if he starts, boateng on the bench as said above Forster has done nothing wrong at RB to miss out, I'm more interested to see what happens up front, be good to see Haynes but Stanton was great behind Collins last game...finally abit of real competition for a jersey though

I'd agree to an extent, I think Forster has done ok when at RB. However, he's a bit like Stevenson at LB for me - good and solid defensively, but on occasion when he does get forward can be a bit wasteful with the ball. If Boateng is a more rounded full back, I think he might get the nod.

I'd actually like to see Forster and Hanlon back in the middle, if we can forge a defensive central pairing who will play together for the next few seasons that would be a massive difference to us defensively I reckon. I like Nelson also, but for me I'd stick with the young guys who haven't done much wrong when paired together recently.

Andy74
07-02-2014, 09:51 AM
I'd agree to an extent, I think Forster has done ok when at RB. However, he's a bit like Stevenson at LB for me - good and solid defensively, but on occasion when he does get forward can be a bit wasteful with the ball. If Boateng is a more rounded full back, I think he might get the nod.

I'd actually like to see Forster and Hanlon back in the middle, if we can forge a defensive central pairing who will play together for the next few seasons that would be a massive difference to us defensively I reckon. I like Nelson also, but for me I'd stick with the young guys who haven't done much wrong when paired together recently.

We need Nelson just now, much weaker at the back when he isn't playing.

Alex Trager
07-02-2014, 09:52 AM

I happen to think Forster is good to watch going forward. Always trying to beat men, and more importantly looking for a green jersey to pass to rather than hoofing

Ronniekirk
07-02-2014, 10:19 AM
We need Nelson just now, much weaker at the back when he isn't playing.
Agree for this season we need Nelson in there if we are going to get into and stay in top six

Aldo
07-02-2014, 10:41 AM
Agree for this season we need Nelson in there if we are going to get into and stay in top six

This. I think him and Hanlon play well together.

stoneyburn hibs
07-02-2014, 10:58 AM
Be great if the loan players hit the ground running but I'm really looking forward to seeing Harris, Stanton and Forster, hopefully Forster back at right back.

JustSimplyHibs
07-02-2014, 11:06 AM
A ken this thread is about the new players but i'm looking forward to seeing Stanton again... That boy has real potential and i hope he develops his talent and is consistant.

Haynes and Watmore i'm looking forward.

CapitalHibs
07-02-2014, 04:01 PM

Williams

Forster
Nelson
Hanlon

Taiwo

Watmore
Robertson
Stanton

Craig

Haynes
Collins

subs. Heffernan, Harris, Handling, Zoubir, Boateng, Stevenson, Murdoch

Hibby Kay-Yay
07-02-2014, 04:28 PM
Williams

Forster
Nelson
Hanlon

Taiwo

Watmore
Robertson
Stanton

Craig

Haynes
Collins

Not sure we can have 7 subs for a cup game. Thinking agsin about ny line up:

Williams

Forster
Nelson
Hanlon
Stevenson

Watmore
Craig
Robertson
Harris

Stanton
Collins

AFKA5814_Hibs
07-02-2014, 04:36 PM

Williams

Forster
Nelson
Hanlon
Stevenson

Watmore
Craig
Robertson
Harris

Stanton
Collins

I hope we can as we had seven subs in the last round against Ross County. :greengrin

Onion
07-02-2014, 04:38 PM
Williams

Forster
Nelson
Hanlon

Taiwo

Watmore
Robertson
Stanton

Craig

Haynes
Collins

Decent team but expect its too soon for Hanlon. Boateng might get the nod.

CapitalHibs
07-02-2014, 04:42 PM

Williams

Forster
Nelson
Hanlon
Stevenson

Watmore
Craig
Robertson
Harris

Stanton
Collins

Rule has been changed (ie brought up to date)

Kato
07-02-2014, 04:51 PM
yipee

that's the spirit

hibees 7062
07-02-2014, 04:56 PM

Since when did they have to be s***e to be ripped mate ? :greengrin

scoopyboy
07-02-2014, 05:03 PM
Decent team but expect its too soon for Hanlon. Boateng might get the nod.

Nope.

poolman
07-02-2014, 05:04 PM

From Raith :confused:

Hibbyradge
07-02-2014, 05:29 PM
From Raith :confused:

Right enough, silly me.

They're in the league below us. We barely need a midfield to beat them, never mind a strong one.

I sincerely hope Terry Butcher isn't as arrogant.

Broken Gnome
07-02-2014, 05:33 PM
Right enough, silly me.

They're in the league below us. We barely need a midfield to beat them, never mind a strong one.

Aye. Ross County absolutely walloped our midfield in the first quarter final tie in 2010 I seem to recall. At home.

It happens, and Raith will be physical enough to do it.

GreenOnions
07-02-2014, 05:52 PM
It's always good to see new faces in the team. However, we've had a couple of promising additions recently that have helped us - the return of both Harris and Stanton. I think we'd all like to see them much more. With Hanlon and Robertson also returning we're already a lot stronger.

With the medium term in mind I'd still like to see Forster retain his place and gain more experience as, for the most part, he's been excellent for us.

We do need more pace and width though so I'd like to see Watmore start with the other newcomers on the bench:

.....................Williams

Forster....Nelson....Hanlon...Stevenson

....................Robertson

Watmore....Stanton...Craig.........Harris

......................Collins

Only one out-and-out striker but still a pretty attacking line-up I'd say and potentially both flexible and entertaining!

Subs: Murdoch, Boateng, Taiwo, Thomson, Zoubir, Heffernan and Haynes

Deek9
07-02-2014, 06:20 PM
We need to get control of midfield first so think we need to be solid early doors. I'd go Williams
Forster
Nelson
Hanlon
Stevenson
Robertson
Craig
Stanton
Harris
Heynes
Collins

StarMan10
07-02-2014, 06:32 PM
Would like to see

Williams
Forster Nelson Hanlon Stevenson
Robertson Craig
Watmore Stanton Harris
Collins

Subs - Murdoch,Boateng,Taiwo,Haynes,Handling,Heff,Cumming s

theonlywayisup
07-02-2014, 06:39 PM
I really don't see many changes from the last few games. In fact, it would be poor man management IMO to leave out players that will be our future beyond the end of the season or those who have performed well recently.

I think Nelson & Hanlon will be the centre backs and Williams in goal. Forster will be right-back. Stevenson, if not in midfield, will be the left back assuming McGivern is out.

Up front, Collins will play possibly with Haynes, though I think it would be good to give Cummings a run out against a lower league team.

In midfield, I can't see him dropping Harris nor Stanton (especially if Stevenson is at left-back) and expect to see two from Craig, Robertson, Tawio and OTJ.

Watmore will be on the bench, as will Boateng.

All IMO, but I know nothing............!!

Edit: looking forward to the game, can't wait!

poolman
07-02-2014, 06:51 PM
Right enough, silly me.

Who's being arrogant :rolleyes:

It's my opinion that that midfield would have no chance of getting overun by Raith

Thats's all

GreenLake
07-02-2014, 07:25 PM
Looks like hibstvxtra is showing the game. First Hibs game streaming in a new home so hopefully I won't upset the neighbors when Watmore beats four men and rifles one into the top corner. :thumbsup:

Hibbyradge
07-02-2014, 07:27 PM
Who's being arrogant :rolleyes:

It's my opinion that that midfield would have no chance of getting overun by Raith

Thats's all

Ok. You're entitled to your opinion, but a 4 man midfield with only one tackler would be overrun by most half decent football teams.

Have you seen how little support Harris gives the left back?

Raith would thank us for fielding those 4. That's my opinion.

Of course, TB may agree with you.

poolman
07-02-2014, 07:34 PM
Ok. You're entitled to your opinion, but a 4 man midfield with only one tackler would be overrun by most half decent football teams.

Have you seen how little support Harris gives the left back?

Raith would thank us for fielding those 4. That's my opinion.

Of course, TB may agree with you.

Opinions, that's what MB's are all about :agree:

Hibbyradge
07-02-2014, 07:45 PM
Opinions, that's what MB's are all about :agree:

No they're not.

Billy Whizz
07-02-2014, 07:51 PM
How much football have these 3 loan players played of late. Of they haven't played much it would be a risk to have more than one start. The objective is to win the game, and the new players can get game time when their ready

Sas_The_Hibby
07-02-2014, 08:03 PM

Should be good.

Ivan did get us off our seats, it's true, but he soon put us back on them again, after his final pass ended up outside the Albion Bar! :greengrin

hibsbollah
07-02-2014, 09:55 PM

Should be good.

I'm looking forward to seeing Haynes most. His interview on HTV was good, but i really warmed to him when asked to choose between 'The Only Way is Essex' and 'Made in Chelsea' he said 'neither' with clear disdain.

derek0762
07-02-2014, 10:01 PM
Sean Murdoch is injured so won't be on the bench tomorrow, who's the next in line goalie?

Nevi_SOL
07-02-2014, 10:05 PM
Sean Murdoch is injured so won't be on the bench tomorrow, who's the next in line goalie?

Paul grant then dougie horne

derek0762
07-02-2014, 10:06 PM
Paul grant then dougie horne

Cheers,

NorthNorfolkHFC
08-02-2014, 08:47 AM
Would like to see

Williams
Robertson Craig
Watmore Stanton Harris
Collins

Subs - Murdoch,Boateng,Taiwo,Haynes,Handling,Heff,Cumming s

I reckon this will be team, it'll either be watmore or Haynes

Ronniekirk
08-02-2014, 09:17 AM
How much football have these 3 loan players played of late. Of they haven't played much it would be a risk to have more than one start. The objective is to win the game, and the new players can get game time when their ready

Agree and can't see T B wanting to take a risk given we have lost last three games .He will want to get us back to winning ways especially at home Hayes could start and Watmore to come off bench or vice versa .Maybe depends on whether Heff has shown he is fit enough to come back in .

HibbyKeith
08-02-2014, 10:00 AM
If any of the loan guys are to start the game I think it will be Haynes. hes had more first team experience.

When you look at performances against Celtc it makes the team selection a difficult one for TB,

Stanton and Taiwo were very good, so its hard to drop guys when they've done so well the game before (result excluded), he wont drop Craig, Hanlon is a certainty to come back into the team,

so for me that leaves only really zouby as a potentially replaceable at the top end of the pitch from the team that faced celtc.

I'd go..

Williams

Craig Taiwo

Haynes Stanton Harris

Collins

I am looking forward to seeing Watmore play though. just dont think it will be from the start.

Brightside
08-02-2014, 11:17 AM
Not sure any will.

Haynes might... :wink:

Brightside
08-02-2014, 11:19 AM
If any of the loan guys are to start the game I think it will be Haynes. hes had more first team experience.

When you look at performances against Celtc it makes the team selection a difficult one for TB,

Stanton and Taiwo were very good, so its hard to drop guys when they've done so well the game before (result excluded), he wont drop Craig, Hanlon is a certainty to come back into the team,

so for me that leaves only really zouby as a potentially replaceable at the top end of the pitch from the team that faced celtc.

I'd go..

Williams

Craig Taiwo

Haynes Stanton Harris

Collins

I am looking forward to seeing Watmore play though. just dont think it will be from the start.

Like that team. But i'd move Craig further up, just one holding in Taiwo.