PDA

View Full Version : Rowan Vine

theonlywayisup
06-02-2014, 05:47 PM
It will be interesting to see how Rowan Vine gets on lowly Morton. Will it turn around our views on him or will it reinforce the thoughts of many.

Personally, I hope he gets among the goals and gets his career back on track.

His first media session, though, didn't go well!

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/rowan-vine-misses-morton-unveiling-after-fuel-error-1-3296120

Ronniekirk
06-02-2014, 07:34 PM
It will be interesting to see how Rowan Vine gets on lowly Morton. Will it turn around our views on him or will it reinforce the thoughts of many.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/rowan-vine-misses-morton-unveiling-after-fuel-error-1-3296120
Ran out of gas ? Now why does that sound familiar

Mark79
06-02-2014, 07:43 PM
thought he lost his license?

Ronniekirk
06-02-2014, 07:45 PM
Well if that's true he has told Morton a huge porky pie to avoid attending the media conference to introduce his signing

oconnors_strip
06-02-2014, 07:50 PM

Was for 2 months back in October

Judas Iscariot
06-02-2014, 07:52 PM

Why would you want him to do well?

Was as an utter waste of a wage lazy ******* with us..

I couldn't care less if he never scores again

BOB MARLEYS DUG
06-02-2014, 08:01 PM
Put the wrong fuel in his car :faf:

Sir David Gray
06-02-2014, 08:53 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if he goes there and does quite well.

It wouldn't be the first time.

CallumLaidlaw
06-02-2014, 08:57 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if he goes there and does quite well.

It wouldn't be the first time.

Doing quite well for Morton in the 2nd tier, and doing well for us in the top tier, are 2 different things

The Beastie Bus
06-02-2014, 09:04 PM
Waste of time, brutal signing, should never have been at Hibs.

iwasthere1972
06-02-2014, 09:09 PM
Good job we didn't get Shiels as a manager if this is the standard of player he is signing.

Sir David Gray
06-02-2014, 10:18 PM
Doing quite well for Morton in the 2nd tier, and doing well for us in the top tier, are 2 different things

Not saying it's not different, but it would just be typical for us to have had someone on our books who was pretty much useless for us to then have him go to a club a couple of months later and be a revelation for them.

You could argue that he was a pretty useful player for St Johnstone before he came to us and they're in the same league as us.

Kaff
06-02-2014, 10:19 PM
Good job we didn't get Shiels as a manager if this is the standard of player he is signing.

Top scorer (equal) in the team that finished 3rd last year. I know he has been a major letdown for us but these were the type of players many were shouting for. What happened with us that he flopped yet at St Johnstone he thrived?

Viva_Palmeiras
06-02-2014, 10:21 PM
Why do we get in more than our fair share of duds?
I thought Vine showed glimpses against Malmo - his goal that was chalked off it was a well executed strike and boy would that have made a huge difference. It just wasnt to be or was it? I know its not an exact science (even Fergie got a few wrong) but surely we should learn the type of players that are required for Hibs - cant we just clone the famous five?

Kato
06-02-2014, 10:25 PM
I intend dancing the Rowan Vine tomorrow at a Celiedh. You puff your chest out and leap in the air miming not being able to trap a ball from any angle. Get eight people doing it and it's mental. If he was brought up in Niddrie he'd be shunned as a disgrace.

SMAXXA
06-02-2014, 10:52 PM
That explains it, he was putting the wrong fuel in his bond when he was here, can't expect to see results if that's how he's treating his engine :wink:

Gus Fring
06-02-2014, 10:59 PM
I intend dancing the Rowan Vine tomorrow at a Celiedh. You puff your chest out and leap in the air miming not being able to trap a ball from any angle. Get eight people doing it and it's mental. If he was brought up in Niddrie he'd be shunned as a disgrace.

Sounds like a more animated version of another dance taking the city by storm at the moment. The Jamie Hamill.

Waxy
06-02-2014, 11:03 PM
Oh Rowan. You could hide a couch in that beard.

FitbaFolkKen
06-02-2014, 11:05 PM

Never has a username been so apt!

jacomo
06-02-2014, 11:18 PM

??

Shiels is operating in a different league with a different budget.

iwasthere1972
06-02-2014, 11:35 PM
??

Shiels is operating in a different league with a different budget.

I know. I was trying to be funny.

Nailrod
07-02-2014, 09:41 AM
Why do we get in more than our fair share of duds?
I thought Vine showed glimpses against Malmo - his goal that was chalked off it was a well executed strike and boy would that have made a huge difference. It just wasn't to be or was it? I know its not an exact science (even Fergie got a few wrong) but surely we should learn the type of players that are required for Hibs - cant we just clone the famous five?I agree. It was a good volley. Given how much of a confidence thing football is, if that one had counted it might have made a big difference.

That was one of Vine's first games for Hibs. It was a game in which every one of our players was left looking like a shambling amateur. The first time Vine got near the ball in the second half, a guy beside me in the Famous Five started screaming apoplectic abuse at him. Literally screaming. Literally apoplectic. He was practically frothing at the mouth. It was as if Vine, personally, had been responsible for seven years of rubbish at Easter Road.

The treatment Vine got from the fans, I don't actually blame him for jacking it in after a few games. It was like "Why the ****** should I knock my pan out for these aerosols?"

I think he'll do fine at Morton. And for goodness sakes don't any of us start asking ourselves why quite so many players who seemed decent enough signings at the time have completely failed at ER. Introspection is always much less fun than abusing a scapegoat.

Fergus52
07-02-2014, 09:55 AM
Why would you want him to do well?

Was as an utter waste of a wage lazy ******* with us..

I couldn't care less if he never scores again

I agree he was murder, but I never thought he looked lazy.

theonlywayisup
07-02-2014, 10:26 AM
Another example of the headline "Rowan Vine glad to escape Hibs" not exactly matching the report.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/rowan-vine-glad-to-escape-hibs-1-3297943

Rowan Vine has revealed his disappointment that his short stint at Hibs didn’t work out.

The 31-year-old forward moved to Easter Road from St Johnstone last summer, but after initially toiling to win over fans, he fell out of the equation entirely when Terry Butcher replaced Pat Fenlon in November. After joining Morton, Vine said: “Hibs is a lovely club, but I’m the type of player who loves to play football. You want a level playing field and a chance to fight for your place. But, if the indication is clear you aren’t going to get a chance and your face isn’t fitting, you move on.
“I was glad to get things done [with Morton] as I knew that I wouldn’t be playing football for the rest of the year at Hibs. Since Pat left, I haven’t had a chance, and that’s frustrating. The game’s about opinions.”

Kato
07-02-2014, 11:10 AM
"Why the ****** should I knock my pan out for these aerosols?"

The small matter of who was paying his wages might have seen him knock his pan in a bit more.

Nailrod
07-02-2014, 12:42 PM
The small matter of who was paying his wages might have seen him knock his pan in a bit more.Why? I turn up to work. I get paid a wage. If I got dog's abuse screamed at me from the minute I arrived until the minute I left I would still pick up my wage, but I very much doubt that I would knock my pan in.

I would look for something else as quick as I could, but I would still pick up my wage. Pretty much like Vine has done.

Scouse Hibee
07-02-2014, 12:55 PM
The fact is most people were pretty happy when we signed him, had played well against us and also had been sold for a couple of million not that long ago, it didn't work out at Hibs but no need to bad mouth the guy now.

Hibiza
07-02-2014, 01:01 PM
Take James Collins too.

marinello59
07-02-2014, 01:05 PM
Why? I turn up to work. I get paid a wage. If I got dog's abuse screamed at me from the minute I arrived until the minute I left I would still pick up my wage, but I very much doubt that I would knock my pan in.

I would look for something else as quick as I could, but I would still pick up my wage. Pretty much like Vine has done.

And that happened with Vine did it? He got abuse from some but the majority were pretty supportive of him despite the fact he played less than well for us. I would generally wish a player well when he leaves us but I couldn't care less what happens with this guy. From his parting shots to St Johnstone about their lack of respect, to his ''forgotten'' driving ban, (we've all done that, right), to his pathetic attempt to win favour by manufacturing a twitter spat with Neil Lennon he has been a less than appealing character.

SaulGoodman
07-02-2014, 01:10 PM
Take James Collins too.

No bother :hilarious

California-Hibs
07-02-2014, 01:10 PM
Take James Collins too.

Wow.

Brightside
07-02-2014, 01:13 PM

I'd score goals at Morton. Even "daealinewithgaz" scores.

bigwheel
07-02-2014, 01:22 PM
Take James Collins too.

Mental note to self - ignore Hibiza's views on football

Thecat23
07-02-2014, 01:28 PM
Take James Collins too.

Worst post of 2014 goes to.............. YOU!! Well done it's no mean feat.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
07-02-2014, 01:39 PM
Take James Collins too.

Hahahahahahaha.

Boyle89
07-02-2014, 01:47 PM
I agree he was murder, but I never thought he looked lazy.

Really? I don't think I saw him run once. There were numerous occasions in games where the ball has been a few yards from him but it looked as though going to the ball didn't even cross his mind.

dave62
07-02-2014, 01:49 PM
Was poor for us, but I genuinely wish all the best at Morton. He's moved on and so have I.