PDA

View Full Version : Craig Swan article.....

Mikey09
06-02-2014, 01:22 PM
Sorry peeps but I am a bit thick when it comes to most things computerish and have nae idea how to post a link to Craig Swans article in the daily record. If someone could then bash on. Just wanted to say it really does make sensible reading.

007 Mickey Weir
06-02-2014, 01:26 PM
What's it about?

Mikey09
06-02-2014, 01:32 PM
What's it about?

Basically ripping the piss out of skacel's whinging. That he wasn't moaning and whining when he was on there books being paid a kings ransom. A lot of other really good points in it but I'm at work and don't have time to type it out. If someone could post a link it's worth a read.

Mikey09
06-02-2014, 01:33 PM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/craig-swan-rudi-skacel-wrong-3116536

CRAIG reckons Skacel needs a reality check and should vent his anger towards those who are to blame for the mess Hearts are in and not the panel who refused to allow his transfer...

Cheers HibeeN...... :thumbsup:

Bostonhibby
06-02-2014, 01:37 PM
Pains me to say it as I am not a fan of then ****** but it is spot on here, just set outs the facts for those that can bear to see them :greengrin

When all the blood letting was going on and folk were losing their jobs big Trudy was where? now there's a chance of getting some attention and maybe more of the idiots cash he is there.

One things for sure Trudy is unlikely to have a pop at vlad for the mess as vlad was the paymaster and may have some stories to tell there as well.

livi hibs 1875
06-02-2014, 01:43 PM
Someone from the media saying it as it is , alot more should be said and done instead of allisbarry

Gus Fring
06-02-2014, 01:44 PM
There's another media outlet for them to vent their paranoia at.

They don't like The Scottish Sun because Gordon Smart is a Hibby

They don't like STV because they said they were on the verge of administration.

They don't like the Daily Record because they had a go at King Conk.

Mikey09
06-02-2014, 01:54 PM
Someone from the media saying it as it is , alot more should be said and done instead of allisbarry

It it really shows that "journalist", and I use that word in the loosest possible way, up for what he is..... Barry Anderson.... Writes what he is told.

Off the bar
06-02-2014, 01:58 PM
excellent piece, here in full for those who don't want to dirty their web browsers with the DR website!

RUDI SKACEL has got to be having a laugh. Seriously.

It appears the Czech has decided to start speaking out on the disgust he feels at the decision that was taken to block his return to Hearts.
Skacel feels wronged by the fact a Scottish Professional Football League panel did not sanction his registration last month under the rules of the Jambos’ transfer embargo.
It’s everyone’s fault. It’s discrimination. It’s about age. His name. You name it.
No Rudi. It’s because the former Tynecastle majority shareholder brought the club into disrepute after running it into the ground.
A running into the ground that was sparked by handing the likes of yourself thousands of pounds a week which they just could not afford.
Nothing against Skacel, it wasn’t his fault, but bleating is a bit rich given he must surely know why Hearts are in their current mess, know exactly the reasons for the administration and why the subsequent transfer embargo is in place.
He must know who was responsible.
Or if he doesn’t he should do. He was one of the first dominoes to start the tumbling effect.
Skacel left Marseille to sign for Hearts in 2005 as part of the Russian businessman’s revolution.
A revolution based on chucking dosh around.
Skacel surely didn’t come here for the scenery.
Like the rest of the foreign lads who headed for Tynecastle there is a large suspicion he must have done it for the Wonga.
Now let’s be clear. Again, that’s not Skacel’s fault.
It’s a bit like the caning Rangers manager Ally McCoist got over his salary.
If someone is daft enough to put vast sums of money on a contract in front of any player or manager you can’t blame them for signing it.
They don’t hold the purse strings. They just see the figures and sign. And why shouldn’t they?
But when the poop hits the whirly thing don’t start blaming everyone else.
Skacel had no interest in what Romanov was doing behind the scenes with Hearts.
He took his wages and collected a Scottish Cup medal after beating Gretna in the 2006 final before heading south of the border a year later to join Southampton.
After four years he came back and got some more of Romanov’s monopoly money.
Brilliant on the park again, he got his hands on another Scottish Cup gong after the demolition derby against Hibs.
But we all know now Hearts could not afford to build these squads. Could not afford to be paying the likes of Skacel to win those trophies.
This column has already stated this season Gary Locke and his team deserve a lot of sympathy for the mess they were left with this year.
But that has allowed a lot of judgment to be clouded.
It started to become trendy for people to call for Hearts to be released from the chains. For the authorities to give the club a break.
That’s a joke. Are the people in charge supposed to just rip the Romanov chapter out of history?
Thankfully, the club seems on course to come out of administration and that’s great news.
The burden should be lifted from those within the club, the ones who were left to pick up the pieces of the Romanov shambles.
The young players and the management forced to suffer week on week after their 15-point handicap and embargoes.
But they were the lucky ones. At least they still had jobs.
How about the ordinary folk in the ticket office or the kitchens with mortgages and families to feed who were slammed on to the dole because of this disgrace.
Not Skacel. He was away playing football elsewhere and it’s time for a reality Czech.
Good people lost their livelihoods. If anyone deserves sympathy, it’s them, not Skacel.

jacomo
06-02-2014, 03:36 PM
Good article. Shame the Yams are too dumb to understand it.

I bet there were even more furrowed brows than usual around Gorgie today.

erin go bragh
06-02-2014, 03:56 PM
Well said that man ( still wouldnt buy that rag tho , baw hair better than the sun )

Ggtth

GreenLake
06-02-2014, 04:06 PM
Some of the emotionally disturbed posts on bricksack about this Rudi article are hilarious and if you imagine this is one on-the-money media article out of months worth of writings favorable with their situation. Contrast that with the hyperbolic reaction (smoke generation) to the alleged letter to the Lithuanian President by a Hibs fan. A letter they claim to be written by someone who is completely bonkers. Not because what they say lacks any truth, in fact, it reads very bluntly factual to neutrals with moderate intelligence. The reason it is judged ridiculous is that we have become so accustomed to layer upon layer of BS spewed by people in power who say one thing while believing or intending something entirely different. If the letter is ridiculous, it is because someone is naive enough to expect that such a plain speaking letter would be considered credible in this culture of corruption. Instead we have the likes of Ian Murray and Lord Foulkes spoon feeding these maroon berks with the kind of self-flattering drivel we get leading up to government elections. We are the special ones, we are unique, everyone else is wrong, we are victims and it's not our fault but yet we will make history while saving the world kind of crap. Never a mention of the real victims. We will advise people how their football clubs can be run by fans while serving sanctions for being serial cheats, raking around the buckets trying to survive and behaving like fanatical fantasist fannies. The madmen are the ones running the asylum over in Gorgie but they read their own hysterical posts through maroon tinted spectacles.

We are the famous! :greengrin

Swan diving team, swan diving supporters, right on the money article by Swan. :top marks

NAE NOOKIE
06-02-2014, 04:58 PM
excellent piece, here in full for those who don't want to dirty their web browsers with the DR website!

It appears the Czech has decided to start speaking out on the disgust he feels at the decision that was taken to block his return to Hearts.
Skacel feels wronged by the fact a Scottish Professional Football League panel did not sanction his registration last month under the rules of the Jambos’ transfer embargo.
It’s everyone’s fault. It’s discrimination. It’s about age. His name. You name it.
No Rudi. It’s because the former Tynecastle majority shareholder brought the club into disrepute after running it into the ground.
A running into the ground that was sparked by handing the likes of yourself thousands of pounds a week which they just could not afford.
Nothing against Skacel, it wasn’t his fault, but bleating is a bit rich given he must surely know why Hearts are in their current mess, know exactly the reasons for the administration and why the subsequent transfer embargo is in place.
Or if he doesn’t he should do. He was one of the first dominoes to start the tumbling effect.
Skacel left Marseille to sign for Hearts in 2005 as part of the Russian businessman’s revolution.
Like the rest of the foreign lads who headed for Tynecastle there is a large suspicion he must have done it for the Wonga.
If someone is daft enough to put vast sums of money on a contract in front of any player or manager you can’t blame them for signing it.
They don’t hold the purse strings. They just see the figures and sign. And why shouldn’t they?
He took his wages and collected a Scottish Cup medal after beating Gretna in the 2006 final before heading south of the border a year later to join Southampton.
Brilliant on the park again, he got his hands on another Scottish Cup gong after the demolition derby against Hibs.
But we all know now Hearts could not afford to build these squads. Could not afford to be paying the likes of Skacel to win those trophies.
This column has already stated this season Gary Locke and his team deserve a lot of sympathy for the mess they were left with this year.
It started to become trendy for people to call for Hearts to be released from the chains. For the authorities to give the club a break.
That’s a joke. Are the people in charge supposed to just rip the Romanov chapter out of history?
Thankfully, the club seems on course to come out of administration and that’s great news.
The burden should be lifted from those within the club, the ones who were left to pick up the pieces of the Romanov shambles.
The young players and the management forced to suffer week on week after their 15-point handicap and embargoes.
How about the ordinary folk in the ticket office or the kitchens with mortgages and families to feed who were slammed on to the dole because of this disgrace.
Not Skacel. He was away playing football elsewhere and it’s time for a reality Czech.
Good people lost their livelihoods. If anyone deserves sympathy, it’s them, not Skacel.

But the football history books will still show that they did win them. Gretna not so bad, because they were also a team built on money which didnt exist ..... but we behaved honestly and lost out to the Yams cheating as a result. The Yam players on the park that day did what they were paid for and thats fair enough, they were too good for what we had ...... the thing is, they shouldnt have been on the park. That is the fact which should be highlighted every time the Yams disgrace is mentioned.

I hate the Record but well done Craig Swan.

Gus Fring
06-02-2014, 05:11 PM
But the football history books will still show that they did win them. Gretna not so bad, because they were also a team built on money which didnt exist ..... but we behaved honestly and lost out to the Yams cheating as a result. The Yam players on the park that day did what they were paid for and thats fair enough, they were too good for what we had ...... the thing is, they shouldnt have been on the park. That is the fact which should be highlighted every time the Yams disgrace is mentioned.

I think this is somewhat harsh on Gretna. Their demise was due to the declining health of Brooks Mileson. They didn't do anything that any other club hasn't done.

I'm sure when they were liquidated they were actually in less debt than Hibs are now?

Seveno
06-02-2014, 05:26 PM
I think this is somewhat harsh on Gretna. Their demise was due to the declining health of Brooks Mileson. They didn't do anything that any other club hasn't done.

I'm sure when they were liquidated they were actually in less debt than Hibs are now?

My recollection was that when he became I'll, it became clear he didn't have any money left.

Gus Fring
06-02-2014, 05:36 PM
My recollection was that when he became I'll, it became clear he didn't have any money left.

He was declared bankrupt after he died. I'm not suggesting Gretna were shining examples of financial success just not much worse than many clubs in Scotland and the rest of the UK.

NAE NOOKIE
06-02-2014, 05:44 PM

Aye .... Perhaps I was being a bit unfair to Gretna. I was not trying to suggest that Gretna were crooked or for that matter Brooks Mileson, who if nothing else was a character, may he RIP. Mr Mileson's wealth was finite and there was no way he could have sustained Gretna in the long term as a top league club with no prospect of growing the fan base given the area they are from.

Mind you ... the way Gretna started kissing the Yam's arse after that final in 2006 didnt exactly endear them to us. For all that I apologise for mentioning them in the same sentence as that bunch of crooks.

Gus Fring
06-02-2014, 05:54 PM
Aye .... Perhaps I was being a bit unfair to Gretna. I was not trying to suggest that Gretna were crooked or for that matter Brooks Mileson, who if nothing else was a character, may he RIP. Mr Mileson's wealth was finite and there was no way he could have sustained Gretna in the long term as a top league club with no prospect of growing the fan base given the area they are from.

Mind you ... the way Gretna started kissing the Yam's arse after that final in 2006 didnt exactly endear them to us. For all that I apologise for mentioning them in the same sentence as that bunch of crooks.

No need to apologise.

Their final act as a football club was to beat Hearts so they redeem themselves slightly on that front. :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
06-02-2014, 06:26 PM

You're right, the record books will show that they won trophies with players they simply couldn't afford. However, the history books will show that at some point chickens come home to roost and bills must be paid.
Will the Hearts fans think it was worth it when they're relegated? Possibly
How about if the club is liquidated and has to re-form? Again, still possible.
But what if the club goes under completely or takes decades to recover? Will they think it was worth the price then? No chance.
Actions have consequences, and the full consequences of Hearts' financial scandal are yet to unfold.

Jonnyboy
06-02-2014, 07:21 PM
An honest tabloid article re Hearts!!!!

As rare as a good looking Jambo, for sure :agree:

Ronniekirk
06-02-2014, 07:41 PM

:dancer::dancer::dancer:

mjhibby
07-02-2014, 09:48 AM
You're right, the record books will show that they won trophies with players they simply couldn't afford. However, the history books will show that at some point chickens come home to roost and bills must be paid.
Will the Hearts fans think it was worth it when they're relegated? Possibly
How about if the club is liquidated and has to re-form? Again, still possible.
But what if the club goes under completely or takes decades to recover? Will they think it was worth the price then? No chance.
Actions have consequences, and the full consequences of Hearts' financial scandal are yet to unfold.

Indeed there is a lot worse to come. Even allowing for the disgraceful reneging of debts of £30m once they are relegated the fans will then have the reality of living within their means. No big money buys means no chance of any success and how long the so called loyal supporters(10800 at the semi at er) will go and support a championship team we will soon see. The price of them not being in
thespl and our consequent loss of money is worth it for the joy of not having them anywhere near er for the foreseeable future. Just as you sow you shall reap. :aok:

doddsy
07-02-2014, 10:19 AM
WOW a Journo who does not speak with forked tongue, this is a real welcome surprise, who knows it may even start a

revolution or cull which I have called for among the institutionally rank rotton ones like Hugh (Glasgownost) Keevins, Graham (silverspoonlicker) Spiers

Chic (yamswillstayup) Charnley, Tam (mentionsyamseveryfewsecondsonhisshow) Cowan, and all the other 'Pundits' or 'Bandits' more like who are doing

their very best to undermine the vast majority of honest clubs who do try to live within their means. I have said for a long time that most of these bandits ( I say

most as the much more honest ones like Richard Gordon, Willie Millier, Murdo McCloed are in the minority, I forget the names of the few other ones I

regard as honest.) should be reigned in for being so biased. Well done Craig Swan for being openly honest, a rare thing these days.

Onion
07-02-2014, 10:27 AM

In a nutshell. Everyone knows it and accepts this as a FACT, except the dumb Yams.

Onion
07-02-2014, 10:33 AM
WOW a Journo who does not speak with forked tongue, this is a real welcome surprise, who knows it may even start a

revolution or cull which I have called for among the institutionally rank rotton ones like Hugh (Glasgownost) Keevins, Graham (silverspoonlicker) Spiers

Chic (yamswillstayup) Charnley, Tam (mentionsyamseveryfewsecondsonhisshow) Cowan, and all the other 'Pundits' or 'Bandits' more like who are doing

their very best to undermine the vast majority of honest clubs who do try to live within their means. I have said for a long time that most of these bandits ( I say

most as the much more honest ones like Richard Gordon, Willie Millier, Murdo McCloed are in the minority, I forget the names of the few other ones I

regard as honest.) should be reigned in for being so biased. Well done Craig Swan for being openly honest, a rare thing these days.

It sometimes doesn't take much to turn sentiment against you. Trudy's outburst is just a continuation of the bleating and whinging the Yams have done over the last few month, but bottom line is he's a mercenary who made £££££ out of Lithuanian pensioners and charities.

Also sense the media love in with Aberdeen might be on the turn after their fans attacked Lennon.

Mikey09
07-02-2014, 10:47 AM
It sometimes doesn't take much to turn sentiment against you. Trudy's outburst is just a continuation of the bleating and whinging the Yams have done over the last few month, but bottom line is he's a mercenary who made £££££ out of Lithuanian pensioners and charities.

Also sense the media love in with Aberdeen might be on the turn after their fans attacked Lennon.

Agree totally on your first part about skacel onion........ However in my opinion the love in re Aberdeen is just gonna get worse. :aok:

johnrebus
07-02-2014, 10:50 AM

Strange that it takes the Daily Record to spell out the truth about Hearts, when our very own, 'Scotsman', would feint at the very thought of doing so......,

:rolleyes:

brog
07-02-2014, 11:18 AM
It's a decent article & is certainly the first time that the MSM are starting to reflect the thoughts of non Yam supporters. It's great he highlights the fact that ordinary folks lost their jobs while Rudi swanned off elsewhere but there's still no mention of the creditors, including all of us as taxpayers, who have lost out due to the Yam deceit. I'm also still waiting for the first journo to point out that while Southern was proclaiming self-sufficiency, the Yams actually had £m's of debt outstanding, many of which originated a year or so before admin finally happened. From memory, the Yams ran up a bill of about £11k in Italy, to Il Ciocco for accommodation & training facilities during their pre season stay in Barga in July 2012. That bill was never paid & the Famous are now somewhat infamous in that Scots/Italian community. Still it's the first crack in the nauseating coverage to date, hopefully more to follow.

BH Hibs
07-02-2014, 11:23 AM
Agree with what's being written although the cynical part in me thinks the criticism from the DR is more to do with Skacel having a three part interview in the sun over the last three days.

Geo_1875
07-02-2014, 11:26 AM

I don't remember reading that column.