PDA

View Full Version : Big game on Saturday but would it have been better away?

inglisavhibs
05-02-2014, 06:19 PM
In recent years we seem to be up for the fight in Scottish Cup ties away from Easter Road where our away fans give the team brilliant backing. It's a huge game for the club and we need a noisy home support. I would expect Butcher to have us show the right attitude from the start, winning the fifty,fifties and working our socks off. No Scottish Cup tie is easy and Saturday will be no exception.

B.H.F.C
05-02-2014, 06:41 PM
In recent years we seem to be up for the fight in Scottish Cup ties away from Easter Road where our away fans give the team brilliant backing. It's a huge game for the club and we need a noisy home support. I would expect Butcher to have us show the right attitude from the start, winning the fifty,fifties and working our socks off. No Scottish Cup tie is easy and Saturday will be no exception.

From the point of view that it would be a big away support, somewhere different and a good day out it would have been good if it was at Raith.

However we've also done well at home in the cup the last couple of years. Last year we beat Hearts and Aberdeen. The year before we beat Killie. So we should have enough to beat Raith. Don't expect a big home crowd though.

CB_NO3
05-02-2014, 07:03 PM
I say 9k tops. Hope Raith bring a good crowd over. Its only a 25 minute drive really. Ill take a 1-0 as long as we are in the hat for the next round.

Baldy Foghorn
05-02-2014, 07:14 PM
I say 9k tops. Hope Raith bring a good crowd over. Its only a 25 minute drive really. Ill take a 1-0 as long as we are in the hat for the next round.

Hoping for a lot more than 9k to be honest.......

B.H.F.C
05-02-2014, 07:24 PM
Hoping for a lot more than 9k to be honest.......

Cant see more than 6/7k Hibs fans with season tickets not valid for a lot of people. Was buying my ticket online yesterday and didn't look like many sold at all.

Baldy Foghorn
05-02-2014, 07:26 PM
Cant see more than 6/7k Hibs fans with season tickets not valid for a lot of people. Was buying my ticket online yesterday and didn't look like many sold at all.

Disappointing if true, it's the Holy Grail.....

NadeAteMyLunch!
05-02-2014, 07:30 PM
I'd be more up for it if it was an away day. Better that it's at home though in the respect of progressing

B.H.F.C
05-02-2014, 07:38 PM

Agree. Except the Hearts cup ties in the last few years when did we last have a big home crowd for a cup game though? If it was at Raith you could guarantee we would sell the stand behind the goals out.

lucky
05-02-2014, 07:42 PM
Can't see a big crowd but to be honest who really thinks we will make it 3 cup finals in a row?

erin go bragh
05-02-2014, 07:43 PM
When is the last time we have lost a Scottish cup tie at home ?
Raith Should bring a decent crowd , plus with no game for us last week( im withdrawn and cant wait hopefully theres more like me and we get a decent crowd and a even better Hibs performance .

Ggtth

Baldy Foghorn
05-02-2014, 07:45 PM
Can't see a big crowd but to be honest who really thinks we will make it 3 cup finals in a row?

Avoid Celtc and we have a great chance of making it 3 in a row......

inglisavhibs
05-02-2014, 08:04 PM
Me

SaulGoodman
05-02-2014, 08:09 PM
When is the last time we have lost a Scottish cup tie at home ?
Raith Should bring a decent crowd , plus with no game for us last week( im withdrawn and cant wait hopefully theres more like me and we get a decent crowd and a even better Hibs performance .

Ggtth

2008/09 season? Lost 2-0 v the yams.

Not bad when you look at it that way :greengrin

inglisavhibs
05-02-2014, 08:51 PM
Scottish Cup games are the first games on my radar. Love the cut and thrust of knock out football and can't really understand why fans nowadays give them a miss (till the semi's and final of course!).

kaimendhibs
05-02-2014, 09:05 PM
Can't understand why people would swerve this game. Chance to progress in the cup and potentially 3 new players in the side! It's the Scottish cup ffs

Sent from my iphone

Pretty Boy
05-02-2014, 09:23 PM
Raith have sold out the bottom tier of the Dunbar End and are now selling tickets foe the top tier I believe.

I might be struggling because of the earlier kick off but will probably just about make it.

Jones28
05-02-2014, 09:37 PM
I was actually going to go to this game if it was away! Really fancied an away day in Kirkcaldy aaaaye.

As it happens I'm now working so can't go anyway.

Can't see a huge crowd, but if raith are now selling tickets for the upper tier then that's a really good sign, so hopefully 10k

CapitalHibs
05-02-2014, 10:08 PM
Definetly would have been better as an away game....we could all be "dancing in the streets of Raith"...apparently:greengrin

Titch
05-02-2014, 10:16 PM
I'm glad it's at home and couldn't care less how many fans we have there all I care about is I'm there and my bairns are there GGTTH

Saorsa
05-02-2014, 10:19 PM
Glad it's hame or would have been another weekend for me with nae fitba.

and the cup top up :flag:

frazeHFC
05-02-2014, 10:21 PM
Away trips are much better but i'd rather we got through so home will do nicely. And it's perfect timing being at home as Hardwell after it. :dj:

PatHead
05-02-2014, 10:21 PM
Made a narse of it and booked to go away this weekend. First cup tie I have missed in ages.

FranckSuzy
05-02-2014, 10:36 PM
Made a narse of it and booked to go away this weekend. First cup tie I have missed in ages.

:tee hee:

madabouthibs
05-02-2014, 10:48 PM
I'd also have loved a wee trip to Kirkcaldy, the Ayr and Killie trips the last couple of seasons have been fantastic days out!
I can't go this weekend anyway, which I'm a bit pissed off about, but if I'm honest, for some bizarre reason I would've been more pissed off missing an away trip. :cb

Viva_Palmeiras
05-02-2014, 10:54 PM
I'm glad it's at home and couldn't care less how many fans we have there all I care about is I'm there and my bairns are there GGTTH
Exactly - listen Te yerselves! ;)

Westie1875
05-02-2014, 11:05 PM
I'm glad it's at home, really looking forward to seeing what the new guys can offer us.

CapitalHibs
05-02-2014, 11:48 PM
http://www.footballandmusic.co.uk/dancing-on-the-streets-of-kirkcaldy/

Telt yas!:greengrin

7 Hills
06-02-2014, 07:09 AM
While there is something to be said for having a hard-core, partisan support at an away cup game - with another home game, I'm quids in on my cup top up! :aok:

Nevi_SOL
06-02-2014, 07:49 AM
2008/09 season? Lost 2-0 v the yams.

Not bad when you look at it that way :greengrin

And who was saying our home record was bad. Haha