PDA

View Full Version : League Cup final venue

speedy_gonzales
05-02-2014, 01:05 PM
BBC Link (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/26036144)
Not seen it posted elsewhere so feel free to merge mods.

I thought the general consensus was that Parkhead was getting the Scottish cup so Ibrox would be getting the League cup,,,,apparently not so.
I would imagine the bears will be grumping about collusion and conspiracy now!

green&left
05-02-2014, 01:07 PM
Anyone know why its a 2.30pm kick off and not 3pm?

007 Mickey Weir
05-02-2014, 01:11 PM
Probably rugby game on TV on same day.

Onceinawhile
05-02-2014, 01:14 PM
Ibrox would have made more sense IMO. No chance there will be a crowd over 50,000 unless ICT take 10,000+.

Seems strange to me anyway.

DH1875
05-02-2014, 01:46 PM
Ibrox would have made more sense IMO. No chance there will be a crowd over 50,000 unless ICT take 10,000+.

Reckon ICT will take more than 10k. Its their first ever cup final and there's plenty of folk from around about the Inverness area who now live in the central belt who I'm sure will make a day of it with family and friends. That said though, still means your looking at the sheep taking 40k+ and I can't see that happening.

Billy Whizz
05-02-2014, 01:52 PM

Ibrox seemingly isn't available, as Rangers have a TV game already confirmed for that weekend

Gus Fring
05-02-2014, 01:59 PM
Ibrox is also hosting the 2 Scottish Cup Semi's as well which would have been taken into consideration. If Ibrox had gotten 2 Semi's and a Final that wouldn't have been very fair.

Peevemor
05-02-2014, 02:04 PM
Reckon ICT will take more than 10k. Its their first ever cup final and there's plenty of folk from around about the Inverness area who now live in the central belt who I'm sure will make a day of it with family and friends. That said though, still means your looking at the sheep taking 40k+ and I can't see that happening.

I went to Hampden for the Inverness v Dunfermline SC semi in 2004. In our group there was a couple of people originally from the Inverness area (but not regular matchgoers), 2 hibees, a yam and a Raith Rovers fan. The total attendance was around 14k IIRC. The match went to a replay at Pittodrie where not even 6k turned up (a record low for a SC semi).

lucky
05-02-2014, 02:05 PM
Lucky to get 35000. ICT will be around 7500 and sheep won't get above 30000

Keith_M
05-02-2014, 02:18 PM
Between the League Cup Final and the Scottish Cup Semis and Final, they've probably already decided to have two games at Ibrox and two at Parkhead, so as not to be seen favouring one side or the other.

It is unlikely there'll be a crowd anywhere near 60,000 but they'll probably do what Celtc have been doing and close parts of the Upper Tier.

Either way, I wish we were going to be there, half empty stadium or not.

bigstu
05-02-2014, 02:21 PM
As someone said Ibrox already has 2 semi finals.

Can anyone remember how many Hibs tickets were sold for the Livi final at Hampden?

Pretty Boy
05-02-2014, 02:46 PM
As someone said Ibrox already has 2 semi finals.

Can anyone remember how many Hibs tickets were sold for the Livi final at Hampden?

Was about 38 000 I think.

Actually think Aberdeen will raise similar numbers for this game. With them basically having an unlimited allocation a lot of people will go with mates, extended family etc. Same sort of situation as us against Livingston.

The_Todd
05-02-2014, 02:48 PM
It'll probably be the biggest crowd Celtic Park sees this season.

Jones28
05-02-2014, 03:34 PM
This is where Scotland is really missing a mid size stadium, 30-35K would have been perfect for this game.

Onceinawhile
05-02-2014, 05:18 PM
It'll probably be the biggest crowd Celtic Park sees this season.

Nah, we will take more to the scottish cup final on our own.

CB_NO3
05-02-2014, 05:37 PM
This is where Scotland is really missing a mid size stadium, 30-35K would have been perfect for this game.
Aberdeen will take at least 30k IMO.

NAE NOOKIE
06-02-2014, 06:26 PM
Ex ICT chairman made me laugh on the telly when he said he couldnt understand why Parkhead was chosen "but at least its not Pittodrie at 7am"

If we are capable of 38,000 at Hampden the Sheep can manage the same at Parkhead. ICT will do very, very well to take 10,000. Well done the SPFL for moving the KO forward half an hour. Obviously taking into account the fact that 2 of the 3 clubs based furthest away from Glasgow are in the final.

Ibrox would have been better, it would be nice if the SPFL could have given a brand new club struggling to establish itsself in Scottish professional football a glamour game .... hey ho, such is life.

Frazerbob
06-02-2014, 07:02 PM
Aberdeen will take a huge support down. I wouldn't be surprised it was over 40K, assuming they'll get as many tickets as they want. The city is going mental about the final. Folk who haven't been to a game in the time I've lived here (12 years) are talking about nothing else. I hope they win it for my Dons supporting step son's sake and it'll mean some extra business for my pub but it's beginning to do my nut in!

Del Boy
06-02-2014, 07:05 PM
McCoist is greeting about it so good decision IMO

patch1875
06-02-2014, 08:21 PM

He is such a fud.

Jonnyboy
06-02-2014, 08:22 PM

No doubt he'll be moaning to his Chairman ........... if he can remember who that is

Sylar
06-02-2014, 08:39 PM
Not in relation to the League Cup but I cannot for the life of me understand why Celtc Park has been chosen for the Scottish Cup final.

I know it's the biggest capacity stadium but let's be honest, the chances of Celtc getting to the final are quite considerable given how well they're performing and it effectively results in a home tie for them.

I know the stadium will be split 50-50 (theoretically) if that does happen but the players in their familiar confines results in a home advantage IMO.

By contrast, the chances of Rangers getting to the Scottish Cup final are smaller, so surely Ibrox would have been a better choice for the final.

ChooseLife
06-02-2014, 08:53 PM
I think it will be interesting to see how many fans the sheep can take to this, very similar to us vs Livi in 2004, 40K sheep is a real possibility.

Judas Iscariot
06-02-2014, 08:56 PM
Not in relation to the League Cup but I cannot for the life of me understand why Celtc Park has been chosen for the Scottish Cup final.

I know it's the biggest capacity stadium but let's be honest, the chances of Celtc getting to the final are quite considerable given how well they're performing and it effectively results in a home tie for them.

I know the stadium will be split 50-50 (theoretically) if that does happen but the players in their familiar confines results in a home advantage IMO.

By contrast, the chances of Rangers getting to the Scottish Cup final are smaller, so surely Ibrox would have been a better choice for the final.

Shocked you'd be championing Ibrox

Sylar
06-02-2014, 08:58 PM
Shocked you'd be championing Ibrox

You really need to get a hobby.

Where else is there?

Hampden out of commission, previous multiple examples of the SFA ruling out Murrayfield and no other stadiums are big enough.

If we manage to get to the final and had to play Celtic, would you really be happy facing them in their own stadium?

If Celtic don't make the final, I've absolutely no issues with Parkhead but on current form, it's more likely than not.

Hibs Class
06-02-2014, 09:42 PM

He's a horrible, snide, morally bankrupt, cowardly wee turd.

Hibernia Na Eir
06-02-2014, 09:42 PM

aye. saw that on bbc website. wish the fat old grumpy Hun would STFU and concentrate on losing more goals for his half bit club. McCoist. Always the Tosser.

TRC
07-02-2014, 12:56 AM
St james' park think it would be good and some adventure going over the border to watch to scottish teams.

lEXO
07-02-2014, 01:01 AM
He's a horrible, snide, morally bankrupt, cowardly wee turd.You are being far to kind to the pr/ck.

Jones28
07-02-2014, 01:02 AM
St james' park think it would be good and some adventure going over the border to watch to scottish teams.

I suppose they had the FA cup in Wales when wembley was being done up, mind you it was another national stadium

Jones28
07-02-2014, 01:03 AM
Aberdeen will take at least 30k IMO.

Absolutely, no doubt in that

The Sea-gull
07-02-2014, 09:05 AM

That would have been a good shout for the Scottish cup final for a wee change though two Scottish teams down there for a big game is asking for fan trouble.

St James is one of the venues that Celtic are seemingly looking at for their Champions League games if they can't paly in Glasgow due to the Comonwealth games. Murrayfield and surprise, surprise, Dublin are the other places touted.

marinello59
07-02-2014, 09:19 AM
Aberdeen will take a huge support down. I wouldn't be surprised it was over 40K, assuming they'll get as many tickets as they want. The city is going mental about the final. Folk who haven't been to a game in the time I've lived here (12 years) are talking about nothing else. I hope they win it for my Dons supporting step son's sake and it'll mean some extra business for my pub but it's beginning to do my nut in!

I really, really, really hope they lose. :greengrin

Frazerbob
07-02-2014, 12:54 PM
I really, really, really hope they lose. :greengrin

That was never in doubt mate! :thumbsup: