PDA

View Full Version : What are your favourite away days?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
05-02-2014, 11:47 AM
1 - When we beat Rangers 3-0 at Ibrox in the cup, O'Connor, Sproule & Killen all scoring. Our end was bouncing!

2 - Killie in the cup last year.

3 - Tynie last season when Sparky scored a stunning free kick :thumbsup:

What's yours? :flag:

Billychaotic182
05-02-2014, 11:53 AM
A cold winters day in Aberdeen where tony stokes bossed the game

SteveHFC
05-02-2014, 11:56 AM
A cold winters day in Aberdeen where tony stokes bossed the game

:agree:

Golden Bear
05-02-2014, 12:01 PM
Motherwell for me.

It's usually a good game and then there's the fish supper to look forward to on the way home.

:greengrin

SteveHFC
05-02-2014, 12:07 PM
Malmo :cb

speedy_gonzales
05-02-2014, 12:10 PM
Any away day in Dunfermline, a short walk from Dunfermline Town station to the East Port pub.
Cracking mix of support there.
A walk along to EEP then grab a couple of Stephens steak bridies then the main event.
One particular game that stood out for me was a good few years back when Jamie McLuskey thought he was auditioning for Soccer AM's showboat reel!

DC_Hibs
05-02-2014, 12:13 PM
A wee bit winter sun in the Caribbean 2000.

Wont be repeated.

Pretty Boy
05-02-2014, 12:19 PM
Love away games against lower league teams in the cup.

Enjoyed Cowdenbeath and Ayr a couple of seasons back. A 2-0 win at Montrose and 4-0 at Stenhousemuir also spring to mind from when I was younger.

Winning the 1st Division at Firhill against Hamilton. 2-0 up and the fans going mental when it came through that Falkirk were losing.

Was at the first 2 of the 0-3s at Ibrox. Probably enjoyed the cup game more as it was a great feeling when the realisation hit that we had absolutely destroyed them twice at Ibrox in the space of a few months.

Millenium derby, 2-1 with O'Connor and Shiels, the Gordon Hunter derby, Leighs free kick and then Caldwells winner. In fact any win at Tynecastle. The ine I always regret missing was the Casper derby, was stuck in Aberdeen and couldn't get down.

Sergey
05-02-2014, 12:22 PM
Lewes, East Sussex - not that Hibs have ever played there (at least not to my knowledge) but it's a cracking day out and a beautiful little town with a quirky little ground.

IWasThere2016
05-02-2014, 12:25 PM
Love away games against lower league teams in the cup.

Enjoyed Cowdenbeath

:agree: Coldest day EVER! Very enjoyable though!

CIS and Skol Semis and finals were good too :flag:

Really enjoyed the two 1-4 wins v. the Dundee teams in late 2004/early 2005 under TM .. mega bragging rights up here :cb

Any win in Sheepland is priceless too! :thumbsup:

Pretty Boy
05-02-2014, 12:49 PM
Lewes, East Sussex - not that Hibs have ever played there (at least not to my knowledge) but it's a cracking day out and a beautiful little town with a quirky little ground.

Lovely little town.

Stayed there a couple of years back when I was down at Plumpton races.

hibs4thecup1988
05-02-2014, 01:03 PM
Killie away last year for me

Inverness the year before that when O'Connor scored with the last kick of the game for our first win up their EVER.

St Mirren away too last year when Sparky scored the free kick literally cause it was my wee lads first proper away game :agree:

Nameless
05-02-2014, 01:05 PM
CIS semi -V- the huns that went to pens.
SC game at Ibrox - 0-3 (GO'C/Sproule/Killen)
Yams 1-2 (GO'C/Shields)
Arabs on Boxing day 0-4 - I seem to remember Alen Orman scoring a blinder.....
Last day of the season about 5 or 6 years ago, away to Killie. We lost 2-0 I think, but the whole day was superb. Football somtimes ruins a good away day:wink:

lord bunberry
05-02-2014, 01:22 PM
I used to love going to brockville, train from Waverley, off at Falkirk, 2 min walk to the pub, then a 5 min walk to the stadium. Some of the away days there were mental, the 2 when we were in the 1st division were 2 of my favourite away days ever.

wearethehibs
05-02-2014, 01:26 PM
3-0 at Ibrox but not the 1s everyone talks about.

200 or so of us in the corner all expecting to be hammered after a woeful derby defeat a few days earlier, only for Hibs to play like Brazil. Miller, Rankin and Dickoh with the goals.

What a night.

frazeHFC
05-02-2014, 01:28 PM
Scottish Cup away days are amazing. Killie and Ayr up there with my favourites. Motherwell 4-0, Tynie 2-1 and Dunfermline 3-2 are also favourites.

Basically any trip we take a big support and win goes top of the list, atmosphere and enjoyment.

Forgot about Motherwell 6-1, that was quality!

Juice-Terry
05-02-2014, 01:42 PM
The Roseburn. :thumbsup:

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-02-2014, 02:55 PM
Daugavpils, Dnipro and Essen for trips outwith Scotland. Paris with Scotland for favourite overall, closely followed by Kano and Archies game at Tynie and Hunters at the same venue.

mim
05-02-2014, 03:11 PM
Like many others, my favourite away day is to Easter Road. :greengrin

Bayern Bru
05-02-2014, 03:20 PM
Rangers 3-0 away in the cup - think we'd taken about 3000 fans and it was mental.
Killie 4-2 away in the cup - ditto.
4-3 Falkirk semi - got so carried away celebrating I punched my da after Doyle's goal went in. :duck:

Does the friendly against Union Berlin count? :greengrin

Greencore
05-02-2014, 03:22 PM
1 - When we beat Rangers 3-0 at Ibrox in the cup, O'Connor, Sproule & Killen all scoring. Our end was bouncing!

2 - Killie in the cup last year.

3 - Tynie last season when Sparky scored a stunning free kick :thumbsup:

What's yours? :flag:
2-1 Deano and gaz @ tynie. 3-1 hibs @ celtc park, killie in the cup last year. 4-3 semi final last year. Best game of football I have ever been too, to come back after 3-0....

Ray_
05-02-2014, 03:35 PM
First ever trip to Ibrox, 3-1, Marinello x2 and Joe McBride, this saw us top after wins away against Hearts & Celtic during the previous couple of months.

marinello59
05-02-2014, 03:38 PM
Fir Park, a midweek game in 1978. We won 4-2 but what made this game so memorable for me was that one of my all time Hibee heroes, Des Bremner scored that night.
(I just checked back to see who the other goal scorers were and Ally Macleod got 2 and Willie, oh Willie Murray got the other one. )

Onceinawhile
05-02-2014, 04:15 PM
Dunfermline away circa 5/6/7 years ago. Full away end brilliant sunshine. 1-0 down at half time, mcluskey and fletch came on. 2 goals for fletch and two for deeks into our end and we won 4-1.

Another one was an (I think) 2-2 draw with killie where boozy did his cruciate. Notable mainly for half time where some ex killie player did the half time draw and gave us some abuse, cue 15 solid minutes of the hibs fans singing. Great fun.

celtic 1-3 was good to. First win I'd seen there and still wasn't convinced we would win til the whistle went.

GlenrothesHibee
05-02-2014, 04:21 PM
[QUOTE=Bayern Bru;3898205]Rangers 3-0 away in the cup - think we'd taken about 3000 fans and it was mental.
4-3 Falkirk semi - got so carried away celebrating I punched my da after Doyle's goal went in. :duck:

Does the friendly against Union Berlin count?

We took over 5000k to Ibrox im sure

Albanian Hibs
05-02-2014, 04:27 PM
[QUOTE=Bayern Bru;3898205]Rangers 3-0 away in the cup - think we'd taken about 3000 fans and it was mental.

Does the friendly against Union Berlin count?

We took over 5000k to Ibrox im sure

JustSimplyHibs
05-02-2014, 04:27 PM
Was away back in the late 80s - first away game at Tynie and got beat but the walk back was immense... Bit like Sect43 march last season although on a bigger scale with no flares, it was during the festival and i always remember tourists taking pictures of hundreds (must of numbered a near thousand) of Hibby's walking along the road with banners and singing Hibs songs, a bus full of Chinese or, Japs folk was stopped and all you could see was these folk in the bus taking pictures, got to Princes St and the polis seperated us :(

Good day for that reason.

As for the rest, Belguim followed by Ibrox 3-0, LC 93 Final at Parkhead and Scottish in 2001, every derby when we pump THEM, Motherwell a good day out but going over to Dunfermline always tickles my fancy!!!

cabbage_88
05-02-2014, 04:31 PM
0-3 Sproule Hat trick at Ibrox
0-3 Scottish cup at Ibrox
0-3 At Tynie, Lehmann, Sauzee & Miller
1-2 at Tynie Gaz & Deano

4-2 at Killie in the cup last season was also unreal!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

The Sea-gull
05-02-2014, 06:30 PM
Dunfermline away circa 5/6/7 years ago. Full away end brilliant sunshine. 1-0 down at half time, mcluskey and fletch came on. 2 goals for fletch and two for deeks into our end and we won 4-1.

Another one was an (I think) 2-2 draw with killie where boozy did his cruciate. Notable mainly for half time where some ex killie player did the half time draw and gave us some abuse, cue 15 solid minutes of the hibs fans singing. Great fun.

celtic 1-3 was good to. First win I'd seen there and still wasn't convinced we would win til the whistle went.

Sorry, this might make you feel old but the Dunfermline game you mention was nearly 9 years ago - March 2005.

Hermit Crab
05-02-2014, 06:33 PM
3-0 at Ibrox but not the 1s everyone talks about.

200 or so of us in the corner all expecting to be hammered after a woeful derby defeat a few days earlier, only for Hibs to play like Brazil. Miller, Rankin and Dickoh with the goals.

What a night.

I was there. Woeful hibs support. Proud to have been one of them.

GlenrothesHibee
05-02-2014, 06:42 PM
[QUOTE=GlenrothesHibee;3898240]

It gets bigger every year haha. Early kick off and live on TV as well ;-) Was it a Sunday?

patch1875
05-02-2014, 06:51 PM
Stirling in the fog

B.H.F.C
05-02-2014, 06:53 PM
Any of the 3-0 games at Ibrox. The 1-0 win under Collins was good as well.

Had a good couple of trips to Inverness, usually ruined by the game though! Malmo and Maribor fall in to this as well.

Probably my favourite was the 4 days I spent in Belfast and Dublin a few years ago when we played Glentoran and Shamrock.

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-02-2014, 06:55 PM
Daugavpils, Dnipro and Essen for trips outwith Scotland. Paris with Scotland for favourite overall, closely followed by Kano and Archies game at Tynie and Hunters at the same venue.

Oh aye and Millwall was quite "interesting" too!

Ronniekirk
05-02-2014, 07:14 PM

standard Liege away when goram didn't read the free kick deep into extra time and we went out We stayed in a place called Ghent ..The game in Athens that newer got played the first time because all planes were grounded after we touched down Remember Pat Stanton was at our Hotel and we had a big meeting that he spoke at Once folk accepted the game wasn't on we had a great night out A guy in the taxi on the way back announced he was getting out half way round a round about and promptly opened the door a fell out .Some folk will do anything to avoid paying the fare.

SteveHFC
05-02-2014, 07:19 PM

Was at both Dnipro and Essen. :top marks

NadeAteMyLunch!
05-02-2014, 07:19 PM
The Hibs crowd at Ibrox 0-3 Scottish was 7,000. Was reported at the time. The entire stand was literally shaking, incredible. It was an early ko on the Sat, 12.30 I think and was on Sky. I've got a tremendous photo of us all in the stand after the game. It's mad how many Hibees are in it. Can't post from my phone annoyingly but someone else will have it. It's online. I'd take Sevco next round. Would be tremendous to get close to that number again.

Other than that...

Millenium derby
Every other win at Tynie(missed the Brian Kerr game but watched it in Ibiza so wasn't too gutted)

Killie last season

Motherwell 0-4 last season

Dunfermline 2-3 last season

DUFC Scottish a few years back now, 2-3 with Grant Brebner getting a hat-trick!!

Stenhousemuir Scottish when I was a wee boy 0-4, two unbelievable free kicks from Super Joe T!lol

Play off second leg away to Airdrie. Was sick with nerves but we cruised it in the end.

Loads of good memories of our season in Div 1. Sauzee's debut through at Ayr. Our other game through at Ayr. 3-1 down after 90 mins and then big Yogi scored two in the last min to make it 3-3. Tremendous atmosphere

Baldy Foghorn
05-02-2014, 07:21 PM

Ditto Mr Crab, always proud to be a Cabbage:greengrin

NadeAteMyLunch!
05-02-2014, 07:28 PM
Dunfermline 2-3 two seasons ago*

Aldo
05-02-2014, 07:29 PM
Where to start

Gebsie's winner at the PBS same end - first time I'd seen my dad really drunk.

1-2 win at the PBS in the pishing rain when super Stevie scored the 2nd into Georgie road end (away end)

Millennium Derby - Hibs support sung from start to finish. Brilliant atmosphere and result

SF V Der Hun aka Sevco at Hampdump - 7,000 Hibees out singing 25,000 or so Huns all night brilliant.

Probably all away trips on the IEC Hibs bus- mental

The company at last seasons Cup Final. Brilliant laugh and banter

Probably loads more but they stand out

SteveHFC
05-02-2014, 07:35 PM
SF V Der Hun aka Sevco at Hampdump - 7,000 Hibees out singing 25,000 or so Huns all night brilliant.

Fantastic night mate.

Murdock scoring the winning penalty :top marks

Aldo
05-02-2014, 07:36 PM
Fantastic night mate. Murdoch scoring the winning penalty :top marks

You are a weegie song was immense... I was hoarse for days. Brilliant nite.

SteveHFC
05-02-2014, 07:39 PM
You are a weegie song was immense... I was hoarse for days. Brilliant nite.

I was only 11 at the time mate ;-)

Can't believe the game was 10 years ago :(

Aldo
05-02-2014, 07:41 PM
I was only 11 at the time mate ;-) 10 years today!

Whaaaaaattttttt 11. I'll no tell you how old I was. :-)

SteveHFC
05-02-2014, 07:42 PM
Whaaaaaattttttt 11. I'll no tell you how old I was. :-)

64? :wink:

Aldo
05-02-2014, 07:43 PM
64? :wink:

Cheeky B. Nae respect for your elders. Twat ;-)

It did end in 4 tho!!!

SteveHFC
05-02-2014, 07:44 PM
Cheeky B. Nae respect for your elders. Twat ;-)

It did end in 4 tho!!!

:cool2::wink:

Aldo
05-02-2014, 07:46 PM
:cool2::wink:

;-). Thot you'd like that.

IWasThere2016
05-02-2014, 07:48 PM
Dunfermline 2-3 two seasons ago*

That's a good 'un. Great support that day - totally behind the team!

IWasThere2016
05-02-2014, 07:52 PM
Fantastic night mate.

Murdoch scoring the winning penalty :top marks

Was in Der Hun debenture seats. Sat on ma hands aw night til them when I let a squeal oot! Got some looks :greengrin

Aldo
05-02-2014, 07:53 PM
Was in Der Hun debenture seats. Sat on ma hands aw night til them when I let a squeal oot! Got some looks :greengrin

Were you no singing the weegie song whilst sitting on your hands??? ;-)

Mr White
05-02-2014, 07:59 PM
Fantastic night mate.

Murdock scoring the winning penalty :top marks

De boer missed his to give us the win steve.

SteveHFC
05-02-2014, 08:05 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVnigShdkZ4

tamig
05-02-2014, 08:07 PM
Skol cup semi 91. What a night and what a few days after it too.

Onceinawhile
05-02-2014, 08:12 PM
Sorry, this might make you feel old but the Dunfermline game you mention was nearly 9 years ago - March 2005.

Ouch!

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-02-2014, 08:36 PM
standard Liege away when goram didn't read the free kick deep into extra time and we went out We stayed in a place called Ghent ..The game in Athens that newer got played the first time because all planes were grounded after we touched down Remember Pat Stanton was at our Hotel and we had a big meeting that he spoke at Once folk accepted the game wasn't on we had a great night out A guy in the taxi on the way back announced he was getting out half way round a round about and promptly opened the door a fell out .Some folk will do anything to avoid paying the fare.

Aye, they were good too. Only got as far as Zante for the AEK game, didnae bother flying on to Athens when we found out the game was off.

IIRC the Liege goal was from open play, doesnae really matter though!

Maribor would have been better if hadnae been for the long walk from the town centre to the stadium and back in the pishing rain!

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-02-2014, 08:51 PM
Watching Vela playing v Barca reminds me of the game down at Carlisle the Sunday after Maribor, he scored the first goal in a pre-season tie at The Emirates for Arsenal v Celtic after about 5 mins, judging by the queue in the bookies the whole pub must have backed him! :-)

B.H.F.C
05-02-2014, 09:00 PM
Aye, they were good too. Only got as far as Zante for the AEK game, didnae bother flying on to Athens when we found out the game was off.

IIRC the Liege goal was from open play, doesnae really matter though!

Maribor would have been better if hadnae been for the long walk from the town centre to the stadium and back in the pishing rain!

Pishing rain is a bit of an understatement re Maribor!

Pretty Boy
05-02-2014, 09:05 PM

I had a ticket for what would have been a hat trick of 0-3s for me.

Was at the derby at the weekend which was brutal, met a girl in the boozer after and arranged to take her out on the Wednesday forgetting about the game, thought 'I'll give it a miss, won't miss much', we won 0-3 and the night out was a ****ing disaster.

Ringothedog
05-02-2014, 09:11 PM
3-5 v Celtic (DC Final)
1-2 v Celtic (LC final)
0-7 v Hearts 1973
0-3 v Videoton(Uefa Cup)
0-2 v Hearts( Stevie Archibald)
0-3 v Hearts(millennium derby)
0-3 v Huns(several times)
2-0 v AEK Athens

There are loads more but those are the ones that spring to mind

Iggy Pope
05-02-2014, 09:33 PM
Essen, Cork and Dnipro had me out of my mind in a short spell. Seemed you travelled, got pished, got home, bought some badges to give away and started again.

Away wins are always great.
I'm lucky enough to have witnessed all three of those 3-nowts at hunville and it's a place I always appreciate being a Hibby at no matter what the outcome.

Trips? I like Killie and Tannadice best. Always have in 40 odd years of pilgrimage. Mostly sufferage, but Tam McManus inspiring the Hibees bounce in the 2001 QF at Killie and the Golden Generation running all over the Arabs on the day after (Tsunami) Boxing Day 04 are prime.

Has anybody on these boards had a better away day than Tynecastle 73, Hampden 72, 01 or 07 though?

Alex Trager
06-02-2014, 07:22 AM
Had a truly immense time in Ross county this season in the Scottish cup, the semi last year and two one at Tynie last year two of my favourite ever Hibs games considering the way we won them.

I could watch Ross Caldwell calmly score that goal everyday and still enjoy it.

As for the semi... Well that speaks for itself

Alex Trager
06-02-2014, 07:23 AM
Pishing rain is a bit of an understatement re Maribor!

I also remember the heavy heavy rain. Which was weird cause it was a good day when we were all in the square. I had lots of fun in Maribor. An away day this year after lifting the cup would be nice in Europe

Hibee87
06-02-2014, 07:30 AM
There has been many good away days. 1-0 brian kerr game at tynie. Non stop bouncing and singing for 90 mins+

all the obvious ones, cup games last season, v aberdeen the year before etc etc

but my all time fav was prob John Collins first game in charge v Motherwell away.

6-1 was the score. We played like barca that day and felt like we were capable of scoring everytime we went up the pitch

Derry Hibee
06-02-2014, 09:31 AM
Has to be malmo, first time away at a European match. Loved every second. Even the walk to the stadium from the pub was brilliant...and beer in the stadium!

silverhibee
06-02-2014, 10:42 AM
Pre-season friendlies down South have always been good away days, Bolton was fun and wee trip down to Carlisle a few seasons back, Essen was also a good we trip too, and always liked going up to Inverness in the car.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
06-02-2014, 11:05 AM
Pre-season friendlies down South have always been good away days, Bolton was fun and wee trip down to Carlisle a few seasons back, Essen was also a good we trip too, and always liked going up to Inverness in the car.

Bolton was brilliant:agree:

Seveno
06-02-2014, 12:04 PM
Going down to Elland Road to play the mighty Leeds United in 1973 was a great experience. We were playing a top European team and held our own only to go out on penalties at ER after two goalless matches.

Little did we know that Leeds future would be spent stuck in a lower league having overspent and gone bust. Now what does that remind me of .............

hfc-1875
06-02-2014, 12:17 PM
3-0 at Ibrox (cup game)
1-0 at tynie riordan pen
game in Aberdeen when it was p*shing doon wi snow
dark heid 2-1 Galbraith last min winner

GlenrothesHibee
06-02-2014, 12:44 PM
Bolton was carnage ;-)

LancashireHibby
06-02-2014, 01:40 PM
Not sure I can count Bolton!

Belgium, Berlin and Malmö were all immense.

Killie away in the cup last year will live long in the memory.

Remember winning 4-1(?) on my first trip to Motherwell a few years ago, that was a good trip.

SteveHFC
06-02-2014, 01:44 PM
]I also remember the heavy heavy rain. Which was weird cause it was a good day when we were all in the square.[/B] I had lots of fun in Maribor. An away day this year after lifting the cup would be nice in Europe

The walk back from the Stadium was class :wink:

It was only a bit of rain :cb

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-02-2014, 02:27 PM
Bolton was carnage ;-)

Oldham was my first away game down south with Hibs. Very similar carnage there too, as was Preston.

Went down to Blackpool twice, never made it to either game!

Ryan91
06-02-2014, 02:33 PM
Beating the Huns in the Cup at Ibrox is always a special one for me. Feeling the Broomloan shake as we all did the bounce was just epic.

Killie in the Cup last year was fantastic, the atmosphere that day was brilliant.

Surprised nobody has mentioned the 2007 CIS Cup Final - what an away day that was.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
18-02-2014, 10:46 PM
I have a great picture of us all in the stand at Ibrox but have no clue how to upload it from my mobile!

Bishop Hibee
18-02-2014, 11:02 PM
Anderlecht was a stand out. Madness from start to finish :thumbsup:

Any semi or cup final win is up there along with beating Hertz at the PBS.

A personal favourite was this game http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/game.php?gameid=9050 away to Dundee Utd at Christmas 2004. I was living down south and was up with the family for Christmas and got persuaded to go to Tannadice to see the new exciting Hibs that Mowbray was developing. I wasn't convinced but went and was amazed at the 4000+ Hibs support. "Same old Hibs" I said when Jason Scotland scored first for the Arabs but what I watched next was a fantastic display of attacking football and a 1-4 finish in our favour. If anyone has the highlights please post a link.

The QF away to Killie was a recent superb day out. The eagles soared :hnet:

oramhibee
19-02-2014, 06:00 AM
Don't really know if friendlies count but 2-1 at Blackpool in 2010.
1500 of us went down!

Hovehibby
19-02-2014, 06:35 AM
Fir Park for the cup game a couple of years ago 7-6 on penalties. One of the very few times coco the clown outwitted the opposition.

Hibercelona
19-02-2014, 07:29 AM
The Boozy show, when we hammered Motherwell 6-1.

I've never been to a more one sided game.

Hibernia&Alba
19-02-2014, 08:41 AM
I always enjoy Pittordrie, especially in the middle of winter.

The PBS is always fun, of course, though in my experience the result has usually been anything but!

It's nice to get to see the smaller grounds occasionally. Stranraer was great. I've visited a few grounds for non-Hibs games. Anyone who's been to Arbroath in mid-winter will testify to what an experience that is!

NOLA
19-02-2014, 10:05 PM
Dunfermline has always been my favourite away day, used to like going to the old Love street for some reason, big away end and we would always make our way round to the fence separating us from the local paisley youths who would make cut-throat gestures like they were glasga hard men :greengrin dont remember many wins through there mind you.