PDA

View Full Version : worst ref at easter road this season ?

dastardly8
04-02-2014, 07:30 PM
Who is the worst ref seen at ER this season ?

degenerated
04-02-2014, 07:33 PM
That's an easy one. Not just the worst ref at easter road this season. The worst I have seen ever is Craig Thomson.

SouthamptonHibs
04-02-2014, 10:37 PM
Hard to tell this year. I can't remember there names but pretty sure ref's have not given pen's in following games at ER
ICT game lost 2-0, stonewall pen on Forster, st Johnstone at Xmas 0-0 denied stonewall pen think it was Collins, st Mirren a couple of weeks ago lost 3-2 last min handball, last game v Celtic lost 4-0 Collins brought down.

4 different refs all big decisions.

lEXO
04-02-2014, 10:53 PM
Trying to remember the last time we had a decent ref at ER. Probably a European tie.

Sir David Gray
04-02-2014, 10:57 PM
This isn't even up for discussion.

SMAXXA
04-02-2014, 10:57 PM
The obvious one would be Thompson but I'm gona go for that dingle on Sunday at Easter road in the hearts game! worst display I've seen in many a month

O'Rourke3
04-02-2014, 11:09 PM
Only ref I've been reasonably impressed with over a game was Bobby Madden at New Year. Been some awful decisions and performances from all the others - although Alan Muir's display v St Johnstone for the Robertson booking really rankles.

Hibercelona
04-02-2014, 11:12 PM
The obvious one would be Thompson but I'm gona go for that dingle on Sunday at Easter road in the hearts game! worst display I've seen in many a month

It's amazing how whenever a referee is having an "off day" in any game involving Hearts, it always favours Hearts.

I mean, when have you ever seen a poor refereeing display go against them?

Dashing Bob S
04-02-2014, 11:37 PM
Can't see past CT. Would love to, but can't.

frazeHFC
05-02-2014, 12:06 AM
Seen a fair few horrible performances this season alone but Craig Thomson (just typing his name annoys me) tops it. Prick.

monktonharp
05-02-2014, 12:25 AM
craig Thompson is the dingle of all dingles imho. that eejit at the buddies game at ER gets first prize for performances at the holy ground this season though. willie colm is acceptable

snooky
05-02-2014, 12:32 AM
I think what is most poignant about this thread is that you could pick any of them and you would be correct.
That fact alone shows that the standard of refereeing in Scotland is at an all time low .......... and falling.

craigmounthibby
05-02-2014, 12:52 AM
Alan Muir v St Johnstone before Christmas. Absolute shocker.

ehf
05-02-2014, 12:53 AM
That's an easy one. Not just the worst ref at easter road this season. The worst I have seen ever is Craig Thomson.

:agree:

On the basis that Thomson is a corrupt cheat who detests us and does us down at every opportunity, a more meaningful question is who is the worst ref other than him; which hopefully reduces the assessment to mere competence or otherwise.

carnoustiehibee
05-02-2014, 01:12 AM
A night game v rangers a few years ago.old east stand, I'm sure alan freeland was the ref. the atmosphere that game and hassle ref got was really bad

Saorsa
05-02-2014, 01:18 AM
If you ignore the cheat because that's what he is then for just poor refereeing it has tae be Muir against St, Johnstone, absolute howler. Followed by gollum

B.H.F.C
05-02-2014, 01:41 AM
Alan Muir v St Johnstone before Christmas. Absolute shocker.

Aye. That was the game that he booked Scott Robertson for pointing out that the wall was only about 6 yards away!

Dashing Bob S
05-02-2014, 02:25 AM
For any referee to be considered worse than Craig Thomson, they would have to wear a Hearts top, steal the bust of Father Canon Hannan, stuff it with explosives and detonate it inside the Dnipro kids orphanage, while massacring fleeing survivors with an AK 47 in one hand, twirling a maroon scarf in the other and singing the Hearts version of 'My Way'.

Even then it might be a close call.

Hibercelona
05-02-2014, 02:29 AM
For any referee to be considered worse than Craig Thomson, they would have to wear a Hearts top, steal the bust of Father Canon Hannan, stuff it with explosives and detonate it inside the Dnipro kids orphanage, while massacring fleeing survivors with an AK 47 in one hand, twirling a maroon scarf in the other and singing the Hearts version of 'My Way'.

Even then it might be a close call.

Interestingly enough, theres a thread over on P&B with fans from other clubs who are touting Thomson as Scotlands best.

I know the standards are poor all round, but what are these people on? :rolleyes:

TomTheHibbyBev
05-02-2014, 03:27 AM
Who else but Craig Thomson:grr:

SouthMoroccoStu
05-02-2014, 06:21 AM
Aye. That was the game that he booked Scott Robertson for pointing out that the wall was only about 6 yards away!

What made that incident better was the ref offered to move the ball FORWARD to compensate......

REALLY?!? :rolleyes::confused:

But CT will always win this contest

The Gorf
05-02-2014, 08:28 AM
Who is the worst ref seen at ER this season ?
Don't know about the worst this season but do you remember the Portugeuse refs at ER when ours were on strike? I remember they were very professional and the game flowed without any hassle.

Saorsa
05-02-2014, 09:18 AM
Don't know about the worst this season but do you remember the Portugeuse refs at ER when ours were on strike? I remember they were very professional and the game flowed without any hassle.Maltese. :wink:

Bristolhibby
05-02-2014, 09:31 AM

Yep, gets my vote. Let's not forget Collins getting his shooting leg taken out in the box in the last few minutes. "Play on Boys!" WTF!

J

The Gorf
05-02-2014, 11:26 AM
Maltese. :wink:
Maltesers eh! Sweet :aok:

Ell_Chrisso
05-02-2014, 11:37 AM
Them all, would be the correct answer.

allezsauzee
05-02-2014, 11:39 AM
Craig Thomson

Winston Ingram
05-02-2014, 11:49 AM
I think Craig Thomson has held this accolade for the last 10 years

Hexham Hibee
05-02-2014, 12:00 PM

This table shows the ratio of yellow cards for and against teams. This is not based on just one game but all the games the ref has officiated in against all the SPFL teams. EG for all games involving Hibs where CT has been ref he has booked 73 Hibs players and 44 opposition players = 73/44= 1.66.

Simply put if a ref has booked the same number of players from each team then that ratio would be 1:00. But if he books less players for one team but more for the other team then the ratio is less than 1:00 (Look along the Celtic line and you'll see that only Bobby Madden has booked more Celtic players than those of other teams). You will also see that all other refs have booked fewer Celtic players but more of the opponents players

However if he books more players of one team than an other the ratio is more than 1:00. E.g. For every 1 yellow card CT has handed out to our opponenets he will book 1.66 Hibs players!

So who is the worst? Taken with a pinch of salt and caveats such as statistically significant and all that there are some talking points in there. Finnie books twice as many Hibs players than other our opposition but that is based on 17 for Hibs and 8 for other teams.

A wee bit west coast bias in Iain Brines figures?

Happy looking and we will see how much paranoia this generates.

GGTTH

ps The figures are based on info from www.transfermarkt.co.uk

05-02-2014, 02:36 PM
Craig Thompson always has a howler against us. Doesn't even try to disguise his dislike for us anymore. Unprofessional, cheating hearts *******. God only knows why this hearts ******* was given the 2012 cup final. Can you imagine if that had been the OF, if a ref who clearly had alliances to rangers was appointed to referee and OF cup final, celtic would have been in up roar.

JimBHibees
05-02-2014, 03:29 PM

This table shows the ratio of yellow cards for and against teams. This is not based on just one game but all the games the ref has officiated in against all the SPFL teams. EG for all games involving Hibs where CT has been ref he has booked 73 Hibs players and 44 opposition players = 73/44= 1.66.

Simply put if a ref has booked the same number of players from each team then that ratio would be 1:00. But if he books less players for one team but more for the other team then the ratio is less than 1:00 (Look along the Celtic line and you'll see that only Bobby Madden has booked more Celtic players than those of other teams). You will also see that all other refs have booked fewer Celtic players but more of the opponents players

However if he books more players of one team than an other the ratio is more than 1:00. E.g. For every 1 yellow card CT has handed out to our opponenets he will book 1.66 Hibs players!

So who is the worst? Taken with a pinch of salt and caveats such as statistically significant and all that there are some talking points in there. Finnie books twice as many Hibs players than other our opposition but that is based on 17 for Hibs and 8 for other teams.

A wee bit west coast bias in Iain Brines figures?

Happy looking and we will see how much paranoia this generates.

GGTTH

ps The figures are based on info from www.transfermarkt.co.uk

Interesting stuff however one of the most startling stats was that if I am reading this right only Euan Norris has booked Hibs players less than Hibs opponents. I am obviously biased however no way are to me Hibs anywhere near the dirtiest or most cynical team in the league.

Hibernia&Alba
06-02-2014, 05:58 PM

100 per cent. A disgraceful excuse of a human being. Utter Yam turd.

Hibercelona
06-02-2014, 06:14 PM
Interesting stuff however one of the most startling stats was that if I am reading this right only Euan Norris has booked Hibs players less than Hibs opponents. I am obviously biased however no way are to me Hibs anywhere near the dirtiest or most cynical team in the league.

We're absolute pansies compared to every other club in the league. It's a miracle that we always seem to pick up more bookings than the opposition. Absolutely staggering.

Hibernia&Alba
06-02-2014, 06:29 PM
We're absolute pansies compared to every other club in the league. It's a miracle that we always seem to pick up more bookings than the opposition. Absolutely staggering.

Being totally objective and having examined all the evidence, I am more convinced than ever in my belief that every referee is out to cheat us. Only somebody who has passed an impartiality test should be allowed to referee Hibs games. I think I'd be a terrific referee at ER, for example.

For some reason I can't post the winking smiley that is surely warranted.

truehibernian
06-02-2014, 06:31 PM

Not only did Robbo point out and measure the yards for him, he booked Robbo then allowed the wall to creep forward and steal yet another yard, which was never back far enough anyway.

Absolutely, by a country mile, the worst refereeing showing in the last few seasons at Easter Road. He got decisions wrong for both sides that day.

Charlie Richmond was awful whenever at Easter Road - the Berra barge on Lewis in the derby when we were all over Hearts was just embarrassing when you see what pens are given for then and since. That first 45 we could have been 3 or 4 up, spoiled by that utter balloon.