PDA

View Full Version : ICT Game

Kojock
04-02-2014, 03:22 PM
Will now take place at 19.45 on Tuesday 18th Feb.

Wheat Hound
04-02-2014, 03:40 PM
maybe a late pick for live TV coverage?

Sean1875
04-02-2014, 03:44 PM
nice sensible time to rearrange for a trip to the highlands...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CB_NO3
04-02-2014, 03:53 PM
Seek. Am going to see The Strypes in Glasgow that night. Its a bit short notice like.

B.H.F.C
04-02-2014, 03:59 PM
Plenty notice for people to arrange transport etc for a round trip of over 300 miles

Pretty Boy
04-02-2014, 04:57 PM
Scottish football: Where the fans come last.

theonlywayisup
04-02-2014, 05:02 PM

Grand. School holidays week and I will be up north that week. Great timing. Only a ten minute drive for me.

Baldy Foghorn
04-02-2014, 05:31 PM
Supporter's buses will be running, I will post details for Carlton Bus within the next day or two......

Centre Hawf
04-02-2014, 07:03 PM
This is the luck of the draw sadly. We were meant to be play them the weekend there but due to ICT in the cup it was postponed.

greenlad
04-02-2014, 07:11 PM
Hopefully not an issue - but if we draw with Raith Rovers on Saturday would the replay of that not normally be 10 days after the first game, ie the 18th?

Likewise if Inverness draw away to Stranraer?

Billy Whizz
04-02-2014, 08:18 PM
As an aside, noticed that Hearts v Aberdeen from last weekend has been rescheduled for Tuesday 1st April.
This means that the derby will more than likely be on Saturday 29th March, rather than the Sunday 30th. Health and safety won't let the young Hearts players play Sunday and Tuesday!

Gus
04-02-2014, 08:22 PM
maybe a late pick for live TV coverage?

I thought the Man City v Barca game was on that night?

CB_NO3
04-02-2014, 08:26 PM
This is the luck of the draw sadly. We were meant to be play them the weekend there but due to ICT in the cup it was postponed.
Not really a draw though is it? Its the spfl being idiots as usual and giving people only 2 weeks to make arrangements at work and so on. Not really ideal to let your employer know you need a half day.

Centre Hawf
04-02-2014, 10:41 PM
Not really a draw though is it? Its the spfl being idiots as usual and giving people only 2 weeks to make arrangements at work and so on. Not really ideal to let your employer know you need a half day.

The time of notice we have isn't great but the fact its a midweek game is unavoidable due to cup circumstances and i'll let the SPFL or SFA away with that.

Joe Baker II
05-02-2014, 09:30 AM
The time of notice we have isn't great but the fact its a midweek game is unavoidable due to cup circumstances and i'll let the SPFL or SFA away with that.

No issue with game being midweek (like midweek in Highlands and travel already booked) but there was no excuse for short notice (it has been known this game would have to be arranged since, er October so why no announcement until February!), the fact a push was not made to get a date earlier yet another example of Petrie/O'Hagan's complete disregard for supporters (or to be charitable is it just stupidity?) who go to away games I am afraid.

Sad thing if club's attitude was better (and it is not valid to deflect blame to SPFL - Petrie has influence there) I would buy a season ticket again!

Baldy Foghorn
05-02-2014, 09:39 AM
No issue with game being midweek (like midweek in Highlands and travel already booked) but there was no excuse for short notice (it has been known this game would have to be arranged since, er October so why no announcement until February!), the fact a push was not made to get a date earlier yet another example of Petrie/O'Hagan's complete disregard for supporters (or to be charitable is it just stupidity?) who go to away games I am afraid.

Sad thing if club's attitude was better (and it is not valid to deflect blame to SPFL - Petrie has influence there) I would buy a season ticket again!

As of yesterday at 3pm, the Manager and Secretary indicated that they didn't know the fixture had been re-scheduled as nothing had been confirmed at that stage.....

Hard to blame Hibs on this one.....

green&left
05-02-2014, 09:55 AM
What would happen if we drew with Raith Rovers? Would the replay not be that week?

GreenLake
05-02-2014, 10:05 AM
Butcher won't be able to plan for playing formations against ten men or less in this game against ICT like Brown could (he is probably still working Locke like a sock puppet).

Virginia Hibs
05-02-2014, 10:11 AM

Think your wide of the mark here JBII. As Baldy said Club we're not even aware before the SPFL announced the game yesterday. Don't know how you can go blaming individuals at the Club.
I've asked the question of the Club in an email last night and got a reply saying as much. In fact by the tone used the Club are not too pleased at this announcement. Understand the Club were waiting until the outcome of this weekends Scottish Cup Ties before trying to re-arrange this date. For "Petrie/O'Hagan" think you need to be substituting SPFL. Oh and Petrie's nothing to do with the SPFL - hes on the SFA.

hibs4thecup1988
05-02-2014, 10:14 AM

Really?! I mean seriously!? You having an absolute laugh?? :confused:

Heard it all now...

weonlywon6-2
05-02-2014, 01:06 PM
nice sensible time to rearrange for a trip to the highlands...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edinburgh school holiday week so may not be too bad for some folk.

will check local travel lodges and see if i can get a deal

JimBHibees
05-02-2014, 01:19 PM
Hopefully not an issue - but if we draw with Raith Rovers on Saturday would the replay of that not normally be 10 days after the first game, ie the 18th?

Likewise if Inverness draw away to Stranraer?

Pretty sure it would be.

Billy Whizz
05-02-2014, 01:35 PM
Pretty sure it would be.

The replay is on 18th February
Click on the "here" just before the Rangers v Dunfermline fixture
http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2986&newsID=13043&newsCategoryID=1

tanfield
06-02-2014, 08:34 AM
never been up there before, what's the script with admission? ticket only? if so do you have to get them in advance?

IFONLY
06-02-2014, 08:45 AM
never been up there before, what's the script with admission? ticket only? if so do you have to get them in advance?

You normally buy a ticket at the stall outside the ground.

IberianHibernian
08-02-2014, 05:58 PM
Will date change after ICT draw in Stranraer ?

hibee_girl
08-02-2014, 06:07 PM
Will date change after ICT draw in Stranraer ?

Most likely.

theonlywayisup
08-02-2014, 09:13 PM

Likely to be re-arranged again due to ICT's replay.

"And, with no winner at Stair Park, the sides will meet again on 18 February." Will probably go to the replay as I will be up in Inverness anyway. :rolleyes:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25995139

Billy Whizz
10-02-2014, 12:48 PM
Likely to be re-arranged again due to ICT's replay.

"And, with no winner at Stair Park, the sides will meet again on 18 February." Will probably go to the replay as I will be up in Inverness anyway. :rolleyes:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25995139

Inverness v Hibs now officially postponed. No new date given

http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/fixture-amendments/

The Sea-gull
10-02-2014, 01:22 PM
Inverness v Hibs now officially postponed. No new date given

http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/fixture-amendments/

Suspect it could be Saturday 8th March if ICT go out cup. I don't think they will so who knows when it will be; a midweek later in Feb or in March maybe. No free weekends unless ICT are out the cup.

I know the fixtures all come with a disclaimer that they are subject to change but they could have waited until the cup results were known before rescheduling this one. Or they could have at least made it clear in their press releases that in the event of either team drawing their cup ties, the match would not go ahead on this date.

Folk probably have booked transport and possibly even accomodation by now. Especially with it being the School holiday week some fans may have been making a night or even a couple of days out of it to take thier kids to a midweek match they would otherwise not have bothered going to on a School night.

green&left
10-02-2014, 02:14 PM
Suspect it could be Saturday 8th March if ICT go out cup. I don't think they will so who knows when it will be; a midweek later in Feb or in March maybe. No free weekends unless ICT are out the cup.

I know the fixtures all come with a disclaimer that they are subject to change but they could have waited until the cup results were known before rescheduling this one. Or they could have at least made it clear in their press releases that in the event of either team drawing their cup ties, the match would not go ahead on this date.

Folk probably have booked transport and possibly even accomodation by now. Especially with it being the School holiday week some fans may have been making a night or even a couple of days out of it to take thier kids to a midweek match they would otherwise not have bothered going to on a School night.

You honestly couldn't make this up. Absolute amatuers that run our game. *** pub league.

Feel for the folk that bought their non-fundable Friends & Family fare.

Billy Whizz
10-02-2014, 05:17 PM
You honestly couldn't make this up. Absolute amatuers that run our game. *** pub league.

Feel for the folk that bought their non-fundable Friends & Family fare.

And if I hadn't gone onto SPFL website I wouldn't have known. No announcement from Hibs either on the website or the official twitter page

Iggy Pope
11-02-2014, 10:56 PM
And if I hadn't gone onto SPFL website I wouldn't have known. No announcement from Hibs either on the website or the official twitter page

Really? Shame that the Hibs site is so patently crap, but you frequent enough sites (ergo: this one and also the SPFL) so it's not like you've made the trip yet. Are you walking there? There must be other things to arse about. I knew as soon as they drew with Sranraer that it wouldn't be on. Cos I read this very site.

Hermit Crab
12-02-2014, 09:17 AM

But why would folk book transport for a game hibs were unaware of and never announced it on the official website??

Billy Whizz
12-02-2014, 09:29 AM
Really? Shame that the Hibs site is so patently crap, but you frequent enough sites (ergo: this one and also the SPFL) so it's not like you've made the trip yet. Are you walking there? There must be other things to arse about. I knew as soon as they drew with Sranraer that it wouldn't be on. Cos I read this very site.
HH, thanks for your kind comments, I presume you weren't going to the game anyway. I was, I'm self employed and need clarification so I can get to the games.
For your information the game is still on the Hibs website a planned for next Tuesday 7.45pm, ko

Billy Whizz
12-02-2014, 09:32 AM
But why would folk book transport for a game hibs were unaware of and never announced it on the official website??

I'll reply because I'm online just now. When the fixture was announced last week, a few people I know decided to do an overnight next week because it was school holiday week, and they had the chance to to take their kids.
Its fans like us that are taken as mugs by the football authorities. They knew this fixture would be postponed since we lost to Hearts/Inverness won their quarter final last OCTOBER. Yet they re arrange it with 2 weeks notice, as well as it being postponed if either side drew their Scottish Cup game last Saturday

flash
12-02-2014, 09:43 AM
I'll reply because I'm online just now. When the fixture was announced last week, a few people I know decided to do an overnight next week because it was school holiday week, and they had the chance to to take their kids.
Its fans like us that are taken as mugs by the football authorities. They knew this fixture would be postponed since we lost to Hearts/Inverness won their quarter final last OCTOBER. Yet they re arrange it with 2 weeks notice, as well as it being postponed if either side drew their Scottish Cup game last Saturday

It was obvious it would get moved again if either cup game ended in a draw.

green&left
12-02-2014, 10:15 AM

Yep so you'd think the complete and utter f@nnys that are in charge of the league and our clubs wouldn't have scheduled it in...

Complete disregard for the fans yet again.

Iggy Pope
12-02-2014, 01:00 PM
HH, thanks for your kind comments, I presume you weren't going to the game anyway. I was, I'm self employed and need clarification so I can get to the games.
For your information the game is still on the Hibs website a planned for next Tuesday 7.45pm, ko

Oh I intended on going all right and that's a strange assumption you make, I'm not now coz I read about it on the web. Like you did.

Iggy Pope
12-02-2014, 01:03 PM

Nail and head ;-)