PDA

View Full Version : Where can I watch the Hearts Hibs game on 29/30 March in the North Lake District

Moulin Yarns
04-02-2014, 12:28 PM
I know it is a bit early for this, but I realised that I will be in the Lake District, staying at Gilcrux near Cockermouth when the next/last derby of the season is due to be played.

I've looked at the fixtures already on TV and the Saturday is already full with Burnley v Leicester at 12:15, Man Utd v Aston Villa at 12:45 and Arsenal v Man City at 17:30. The Sunday is no better with Fulham v Everton at 13:30 and Liverpool v Spurs at 16:00.

I imagine it will be moved to the Sunday, with a 12:15 kick off to keep the masses out the pubs so if it is on tv I can see the first half, but the chances are I won't get to see the second half unless anybody knows of any pubs around the Cockermouth or Keswick area that might show 2 games.

Any ideas gratefully received.

ManBearPig
04-02-2014, 08:24 PM
a really big telescope?
;-)

failing that hibs tv or dare I say illegal streaming?

Iggy Pope
04-02-2014, 08:29 PM
I know it is a bit early for this, but I realised that I will be in the Lake District, staying at Gilcrux near Cockermouth when the next/last derby of the season is due to be played.

I've looked at the fixtures already on TV and the Saturday is already full with Burnley v Leicester at 12:15, Man Utd v Aston Villa at 12:45 and Arsenal v Man City at 17:30. The Sunday is no better with Fulham v Everton at 13:30 and Liverpool v Spurs at 16:00.

I imagine it will be moved to the Sunday, with a 12:15 kick off to keep the masses out the pubs so if it is on tv I can see the first half, but the chances are I won't get to see the second half unless anybody knows of any pubs around the Cockermouth or Keswick area that might show 2 games.

On the ICT rearranged game thread there is a note that the sparryheids have a rearranged game v Aberdeen on the Tuesday, maybe making a Sunday fixture unlikely?
Sky would move a Scottish game out to Sky 2 or 3 if necessary. They have before.

Then again the rearranged can after all be rearranged!

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-02-2014, 08:29 PM

Its a bit of a trek but the Walkabout in Carlisle usually shows the Scottish games as well as EPL games on a Sunday. Might be worth giving them a phone beforehand.

NadeAteMyLunch!
04-02-2014, 09:34 PM
Really hope it's not moved to the Sunday. Probably will be though. Could do with knowing soon actually. Can't remember the last time we had a 3pm Sat ko off at the pig sty??

Gus
04-02-2014, 09:57 PM
Is the Sunday not the day of the league cup final?

I am in Bournemouth that weekend.....anyone know of any pubs that may show the derby?

NadeAteMyLunch!
04-02-2014, 10:00 PM
It's 2 weeks after the final Gus

Moulin Yarns
05-02-2014, 05:35 AM
Is the Sunday not the day of the league cup final?

I am in Bournemouth that weekend.....anyone know of any pubs that may show the derby?

It's 2 weeks after the final Gus

The Johnston Paint Trophy final that weekend, and Thanks for the idea of going to Carlisle. I'me down early enough to check local hostelries first, but that is a fall back solution.