PDA

View Full Version : Mud, Sweat and Cheers

worcesterhibby
04-02-2014, 09:48 AM
Apologies if this has been posted before, but just came across some nice footage of Hibs from the cup back in 1970/71.

Having beaten Forfar 8-1 at Easter Road in the Third round, Hibs were drawn away against Hearts on a cold damp day almost exactly 43 years ago today (give or take a week). George Harrison (for those of you of the Beiber generation, he was a Beatle!) was at number one with "My Sweet Lord" and a young three year old WorcesterHibby had just had his birthday in a modest wee house on Newhaven Road. This is a time of the Vietnam War, the Morris Marina has just been launched. Get Carter with Michael Caine has just been released in cinemas and Postal workers are on strike looking for a 20% pay rise. Britain is in a mess but the Hibs are not and expectation is high amongst the hibees support that another win is on the cards for the cabbage.

http://youtu.be/OTQmqaCg5uQ

MADE IN LEITH
04-02-2014, 09:52 AM
Nice wee bit of footage

1875godsgift
04-02-2014, 11:54 AM
Who scored the winner? Couldn't catch the name!

Bring back the old terracing! So much more atmosphere

malcky
04-02-2014, 12:04 PM
Who scored the winner? Couldn't catch the name!

Bring back the old terracing! So much more atmosphere

King Arthur Duncan scored the winner

Golden Bear
04-02-2014, 12:15 PM
The hawrts players were diving even in those wonderful days!

John Hazel is probably best remembered for his permed hair doo but he was always pretty handy in the air for a relatively small guy.

hibbybrian
04-02-2014, 01:48 PM
Apologies if this has been posted before, but just came across some nice footage of Hibs from the cup back in 1970/71.
George Harrison (for those of you of the Beiber generation, he was a Beatle!) was at number one with "My Sweet Lord"

Thanks for posting the video :thumbsup:

The music is quite appropriate too as I went to the Deep Purple concert in the Empire in March 1971 :greengrin