PDA

View Full Version : Realistically what would we be happy with this time next year?

The Sea-gull
04-02-2014, 08:09 AM
For me challenging at the right end of the league, going into games confident we'll win, winning big reasonably regular by scoring more than 2 goals in a match every few games and if we play good football doing this then that is a bonus but results first and foremost for me.

I don't want to sound arrogant but I'd like us to be in a position where Motherwell, ICT, Dundee United and St Johnstone don't look like they are all going to finish above us.

Would be great if we could see a turn around as good as the one Aberdeen have had this year but that might be asking a wee bit much. Even just to be up there in and around them in the league

A confidence that we can go almost anywhere and win a cup tie would be good too.

NAE NOOKIE
04-02-2014, 09:33 AM
Got to be in the top 4 .... we have stalled for too long. Every other club in the league is faced with rebuilding at the start of every season so I dont really see that as a reason for failure on our part. St Johnstone will lose May, ICT will lose McKay and Utd will probably lose a couple of their good young players, not to mention Motherwell who will be getting picked off too.

It would be great to win a cup .... but Celtic will be the big stumbling block as usual, so getting to a semi will be acceptable.

scott7_0(Prague)
04-02-2014, 09:34 AM
Realistically what would we be happy with this time next year?

Hearts Dead!
:agree:

B.H.F.C
04-02-2014, 09:36 AM
I want to see something similar to what Aberdeen have done this year. I can imagine that they spend a decent chunk of money on wages but it's not as if they've been chucking transfer fees about. In fact, I could be wrong but I think McInnes inherited the majority of their team that started their semi final at the weekend.

This year they've really taken the opportunity that was there with Rangers out the league and Hearts on their knees. We should have been doing something similar. It's just shown that you can jump up the league fairly quickly with the right man in charge.

Still think think we end to look to get in to the top 6 this year. Although it's not a massive achievement it would bring in some extra cash and could hopefully give us a springboard going in to next year. Good opportunity to progress in the cup as well which we have to take as well. What we do for the remainder of this year might determine what TB is able to do in the summer.

The Sea-gull
04-02-2014, 10:15 AM
I want to see something similar to what Aberdeen have done this year. I can imagine that they spend a decent chunk of money on wages but it's not as if they've been chucking transfer fees about. In fact, I could be wrong but I think McInnes inherited the majority of their team that started their semi final at the weekend.

This year they've really taken the opportunity that was there with Rangers out the league and Hearts on their knees. We should have been doing something similar. It's just shown that you can jump up the league fairly quickly with the right man in charge.

Still think think we end to look to get in to the top 6 this year. Although it's not a massive achievement it would bring in some extra cash and could hopefully give us a springboard going in to next year. Good opportunity to progress in the cup as well which we have to take as well. What we do for the remainder of this year might determine what TB is able to do in the summer.

Yes, we should definitely be looking for top 6 this season though I won't go too mad given that he only came in mid season and doesn't really seem to have been given much of a budget to use in January. However, when he came in we weren't miles away from top 6 and there was still a decent chunk of season to go so if we don't make it he definitely shares the failure, arguably equally with Pat as though Butcher has had more of the season, Pat assembled most of the squad so it just about evens itself out.

Top 6 wouldn't be much to shout home about but it would represent progress and give us a platform to build on and look towards a top 4 finish for next season.

As for cup this season? As ever that will depend on the draw but with no disrespect to Raith, I'd be dissappointed with anything less than a quarter final and if we get there, I'll see who we get before assessing whether a semi final appearance should be expected of Terry.

DH1875
04-02-2014, 02:56 PM
In a league without rangers or hearts, surely top four is the least we should be aiming for.

ACLeith
04-02-2014, 03:23 PM
Gearing up for a match in our bid to Retain the cup!!

DAVE1875
04-02-2014, 03:30 PM
Firmly in the top-6 and being touted as contenders for the Euro qualifying spots. In both cups, hopefully into the final of the League Cup.

Oh and finally, Hearts & The Rangers having the Deluded Derby in the Championship

Bishop Hibee
04-02-2014, 03:33 PM
I'd be happy with being In the top 4 and playing exciting football.

Pretty Boy
04-02-2014, 04:06 PM
Top 4 and within striking distance of 2nd.

Spike Mandela
04-02-2014, 04:08 PM
All I want is Hibs to play exciting attacking football when I turn up at ER. The results and league positions will take care of themselves

Hibercelona
04-02-2014, 04:13 PM
Getting into Europe and getting to a cup final.

woody0-7
04-02-2014, 04:17 PM
I would be happy to see expansive attacking football something that's been missing for quite a while now!

Jones28
04-02-2014, 04:19 PM
High quality, exciting football played by a mixture of our home grown youngsters and quality signings.

At least a top 4 challenge too.

We are now in a position where this should be a minimum requirement.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
04-02-2014, 04:20 PM
A winning team that plays, good, attractive football. Top 3 and to qualify for Europe.