A nice wee video that was sent tae me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXhJr7ZytUw

:flag: :sauzee::flag:

clerriehibs
03-02-2014, 09:47 PM

Apparently, the yams' have a similar icon, rudi wossisname.

'king erse holes.

craigmounthibby
03-02-2014, 09:55 PM

Brilliant. Difficult to believe that was 15 years ago. What a player.

LancsHibs
03-02-2014, 09:59 PM
Good memories, great player:flag:

FranckSuzy
03-02-2014, 10:01 PM
Superb DD :top marks :not worth :sauzee:

Groathillgrump
03-02-2014, 10:02 PM
Thanks for posting DD. Great memories. :aok:

Saorsa
03-02-2014, 10:03 PM
Brilliant. Difficult to believe that was 15 years ago. What a player.Wish you hadnae mentioned years, makes me feel auld. Great memories of a great player though.

frazeHFC
03-02-2014, 10:05 PM
:not worth

Cheers for posting DD, he played when I first started going to games, wish I had a better memory of them but great seeing videos like this. :thumbsup:

Stax
03-02-2014, 10:14 PM
Quality, cheers for posting, some great memories there :top marks

soda70
03-02-2014, 11:12 PM
Sauzee theres only one Sauzee

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk

joebakerforever
03-02-2014, 11:14 PM
Many thanks - great video of a great player :not worth

Mango Man
03-02-2014, 11:23 PM

:top marksThis makes me so happy, yet so sad. Such a classy player.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
03-02-2014, 11:29 PM
Absolutely superb - Legend. Theres Only One Sauzee!

Hibby Gav
03-02-2014, 11:34 PM
I'm in love all over again.....so sad it didn't work out with Frank as our manager....but his genius was in his feet and his personality.....we are very lucky to have had him grace our beautiful shirt

bigstu
03-02-2014, 11:38 PM
Did anyone ever film his leaving do at ER? I was there & it was a great occasion put on by the fans! Would be great if someone had a video of it!

a true legend, some people will wonder why we always go on about him but i think that video sums it up, what a man & what a team back then!

OsloHibs
04-02-2014, 12:54 AM
Thank you Franck wherever you are :)

GreenLake
04-02-2014, 01:48 AM
It was a pleasure to watch this nice little video

HoboHarry
04-02-2014, 01:58 AM
Wonderful stuff. I grew up worshipping the likes of John Blackley and Jimmy O'Rourke and never thought that Hibs would again sign a player whom I held in the same regard. Until Le God came along of course.... what a player....

matty_f
04-02-2014, 06:49 AM
Fantastic video. :top marks:

3pm
04-02-2014, 06:52 AM
Easily my all time favourite.

O'Rourke3
04-02-2014, 07:05 AM
Very pleased I'm not in Bulgaria at the mo. Not sure they could have coped with another flood. I'd forgotten about the year Mixu made them all bleach their hair too:not worth

BT58
04-02-2014, 07:11 AM
Absolutely BRILLIANT !!!!!!
Great dvd DD!!!!
we had some team back then

Thecat23
04-02-2014, 07:24 AM
Cheers DD for posting this. It's actually quite emotional to watch. Hibs were superb back then and the passing and quickness in that team was unreal. For me though Frank was the glue that held it all together.

Over time you have players who were maybe great in their day but end up going to places just for money (George Best) and not bother about the club or the football. Frank was truly one of a kind. He took Hibs into his heart and the fans done the same. He's the best player I've seen at Hibs in 30 years of watching them.

It's so sad how it ended with him and the fact he hasn't returned shows how it still hurts him the way he was treated at the end.

Hope one day he returns and when that day comes ER will be packed to show how much we still appreciate the great man.

Thanks for the memories Frank, gone but certainly not forgotten.

erin-go-bragh87
04-02-2014, 07:54 AM
It's horrible to see how much he loved the club, he must have been extremely hurt at how he was treated for him to have never returned?

Been asked a million times I'm sure but does Anyone think he'll ever come back over and appear at Easter road?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
04-02-2014, 09:42 AM
Where is he now?

The_Exile
04-02-2014, 09:50 AM
Where is he now?

Hopefully somewhere in rural France, sitting fishing whilst enjoying a bottle of red not giving a monkeys about football. Although heard he is a guest pundit on French TV from time to time?

zitelli62
04-02-2014, 10:01 AM
would be great to get le god back at easter road one if only to do the half time draw the place would sell out.
sauzee there is only one sauzee.

Aaron
04-02-2014, 10:03 AM
I was at everyone of his games and can easily say this is my favourite Hibs player I have ever had the joy to watch.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

The_Horde
04-02-2014, 10:11 AM
PhEenomenal.

micksoo
04-02-2014, 10:20 AM
Brilliant

eggbamyasi
04-02-2014, 10:49 AM
Superb video . Total legend . Had the joy of seeing every goal he scored . His passing from the back when he played sweeper was immense never seen better since in any division . Theres only one sauzee :-D:-D

SlickShoes
04-02-2014, 10:53 AM
He wasn't here for a massively long time but he is a Legend, it really is depressing the way his time ended and that he hasn't been back, I think if he came back for any game the fans would go bananas, I don't know of anyone that doesn't like him.

eggbamyasi
04-02-2014, 10:57 AM
Superb video . Total legend . Had the joy of seeing every goal he scored . His passing from the back when he played sweeper was immense never seen better since in any division . Theres only one sauzee :-D:-D

hibIBZ
04-02-2014, 11:17 AM
I believe frank was working for French TV several years ago and I'm not 100% on this but remember seeing that he did the French commentary for FIFA 07 possibly

TheFamous1875
04-02-2014, 11:21 AM
I believe frank was working for French TV several years ago and I'm not 100% on this but remember seeing that he did the French commentary for FIFA 07 possibly

Pretty sure he's doing commentary for the current FIFA too! Viva Le Franck!

What a player, just wish I could've appreciated him at the time. I was quite young, and thought he was very good, (I expected that all Hibs players were at least 'good' and in my eyes he was very good) but since he wasn't skinning folk left, right, centre, he paled in comparison to my favoured Russell Latapy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Peevemor
04-02-2014, 11:22 AM

He's a pundit for Canal+ basically the French equivalent of Sky.

Hank Schrader
04-02-2014, 11:43 AM

'king erse holes.

:agree:

Maybe Franck can ask Rudolph the Big Nosed @rsehole to compare Champions League medals or swap stories about their times playing in Serie A?

Or perhaps not...

The arrogant Jambo pint puller couldn't lace our legandary Frenchmans boots. Class, both on and off the field.

Off the bar
04-02-2014, 11:53 AM
Did anyone ever film his leaving do at ER? I was there & it was a great occasion put on by the fans! Would be great if someone had a video of it!

a true legend, some people will wonder why we always go on about him but i think that video sums it up, what a man & what a team back then!

I'll ask my old man for you, he helped organise the leaving do (he was the guy who spoke and gave Franck his leaving gift- an engraved claret jug I think) I'm seeing him on Wednesday so I'll find out if there was any video taken.

erin go bragh
04-02-2014, 11:54 AM
We never lost a single game against them when Sauzee played . Le God

Ggtth

DH1875
04-02-2014, 03:03 PM
I picked up a book about his time at ER at the weekend. Got it for £2 from some shop in Kirckaldy. They've loads of them left if anyones intrested.

Pretty Boy
04-02-2014, 03:23 PM
That wee turn and cross field back heel against Hearts. Footballing poetry.

Fantastic player and I had the pleasure of meeting him once and he was an absolute gentleman as well.

It's a shame he doesn't seem to want to come back to ER, I believe the guys on Ian Murrays testimonial committee tried hard but it wasn't to be.

DAVE1875
04-02-2014, 03:24 PM

'king erse holes.

Ahh but does this Rudi-poo candy a** have a Champions League winners medal? That's the question

The_Exile
04-02-2014, 03:32 PM
The 'Neil Lennon flick', in a word, orgasmic.

Although he'd lost pretty much any pace he had, his reading and anticipation of the game was beyond a joke, we were so lucky to watch him perform every week, he brought an aura of calmness. When he walked out onto the pitch you just knew everyhting would be fine as Franck was playing, legend, hero, he became a huge fan of the club and I'm sure he's on record as saying his time at Hibs was his most enjoyable time on a football pitch.

I don't blame him for not wanting to come back, it must have been an emotional time towards the end of his days with us, and he probably feels that that chapter of his life is now closed and that's the end of it. A lot of pro players completely detach themselves from the game when their playing days are over, but I think (hope) one day he will come back for a proper send off.

Stanton1972
04-02-2014, 03:33 PM
Fantastic viewing, where would we be today with that quality on show, I could go through the whole team and there wouldn't be a weakness, I just don't know what it is with players nowadays, apart from Ben, who else would've made that team??

Centre Hawf
04-02-2014, 03:34 PM
My favourite player of all time. I think we need to organise a testimonial for Tam McCourt, surely he can't reject a request to play in that one?!

Mango Man
04-02-2014, 03:50 PM
I've watched this video 3 times today. The fist pump as he is running back from having his front teeth knocked out :not worth

lucky
04-02-2014, 04:13 PM
Can't believe that it was 15 years ago, we named our new puppy Sauzee only 6 months ago. He is my favorite player off all time. I'd love it if he was to return to ER one day.

The Pointer
04-02-2014, 04:59 PM
Fantastic video and brought it all back. The only sporting hero I've ever had and I was at the fan's reception for him which showed the regard the fans had for him. He was footballing royalty in my eyes and yet played for Hibs. Unbelievable.

Sauzee, there's only one Sauzee! :flag:

KSA Hibee
04-02-2014, 05:49 PM
Christ 3 mins 33 secs is all I could manage of this vid before the tears started ...... what a man and what a legend !!!!!

Jeso ..... I'm a fe**ing 52 year man who still still has a man crush on some french dude because he played for my team and made it look special to him.

I have lots of precious Hibs momentos with my sons Hibs number 4 autographed Le God Hibs top pride of place but would swap it all in a heartbeat to see the big man back at ER ..... just once.

Sadly it will be a very long time before have someone of his class playing for the cabbage.

Aldo
04-02-2014, 06:06 PM
The guy just oozed class both on and off the field.

He brought some outstanding memories.

Viv Le God!!!

Craig_in_Prague
04-02-2014, 06:06 PM
The words class and legend are used too much and rather loosely in football,

with Frank, it is a perfect summation.

Total class & a real Legend.

It was a pleasure to see him in a Hibs top. Tear jerking stuff.

judas
04-02-2014, 08:04 PM
I love that guy.

Made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. Especially against hearts.

Stantons Angel
04-02-2014, 08:07 PM
Great wee video, brought back many great memories of the only player worthy of wearing the no 4 jersey after Pat Stanton.
Just so sad the way it ended for him and the hurt it caused him.
A great player and a lovely man who loved the Heebs!

Eyrie
04-02-2014, 08:24 PM
Brought back some great memories.

FranckSuzy
04-02-2014, 08:41 PM

I'll ask my old man for you, he helped organise the leaving do (he was the guy who spoke and gave Franck his leaving gift- an engraved claret jug I think) I'm seeing him on Wednesday so I'll find out if there was any video taken.

There was a disc going about of the 'do' at ER and I'm pretty sure Blackpool Hibs has one :agree: I did but it doesn't play anymore :boo hoo:What a great day that was :not worth

Ronniekirk
04-02-2014, 09:06 PM
It's horrible to see how much he loved the club, he must have been extremely hurt at how he was treated for him to have never returned?

Been asked a million times I'm sure but does Anyone think he'll ever come back over and appear at Easter road?
Have read a few times the club have reached out to try and mend bridges but it's not been possible .If true its a shame as surely time heals and if he knew the reception he would get he could put his differences with the club to one side.

favourite memories Any goal he scored from corner being pinged to him at edge of box and him taking it first time , his highland fling celebration with Mixu I think it was during 6. 2 game at E R against Her7s and the goal he scored at Tynecastle and ran the length of the pitch to celebrate with the fans ,complete with black gloves and eventually Yogi catching him up to join in

rcarter1
04-02-2014, 09:12 PM
Wonderful memories!! :thumbsup:

SuperAllyMcleod
04-02-2014, 09:14 PM
He even appears in Amelie - the Audry Tatou movie. Well I say appears, he is on the tv (and mentioned in commentary) in one scene.

I really hope he returns one day - perhaps a petition to ask him to come back - surely he would do it for the fans.

No pint pulling though, that's just for wee clowns.

EskbankHibee
04-02-2014, 09:26 PM
He even appears in Amelie - the Audry Tatou movie. Well I say appears, he is on the tv (and mentioned in commentary) in one scene.

I really hope he returns one day - perhaps a petition to ask him to come back - surely he would do it for the fans.

No pint pulling though, that's just for wee clowns.

He's also scoring a goal for Marseille on the TV Ewan Mcgregor is watching in the film Shallow Grave.

It's a Danny Boyle film and it's not the first time there's a his connection. What's strange though is that it's a 1994 film, 5 years before he signed for Hibs and that happens to be the marseille player that scores!

zlatan
04-02-2014, 10:05 PM
We really need a DVD made about that McLeish era. There must be some fantastic forgotten highlights tucked away in the archives from that team.

As a kid of about 11/12 at the time it was Sauzees performance against Livingston in the Scottish Cup semi final win that had me fawning over him to the old man for the rest of the day and then to anyone else that would listen. There was one piece of skill where he was facing his own goal with two strikers bearing down on him, he simply flicked the ball over his head, turned and left the strikers chasing fresh air. Pure class.

whereswallace?
04-02-2014, 10:21 PM
The first thing you see when you walk into my house is Franck on the wall right infront of you. The guy is my sporting hero, no-one even comes close to it. Watching that video sends shivers down my spine, goosebumps, butterflies the lot. Words don't do justice how much of a legend he is for me personally, il never see a player like that in a Hibs top again and it was an absolute privilege to do so.

I used to see him every morning as I was his postie, hardly uttered a word as I was star struck and didn't know what to say. I wish now that I'd told him how much we all loved him. I'd give my right baw to have him back on the Easter road pitch so we can say thanks one last time! That man epitomised everything I love about my team.

NadeAteMyLunch!
04-02-2014, 10:47 PM
Goosebumps watching that. Best times ever spending my teenage years watching Le God. Will never see better in the green and white. Something needs to get done to bring him back. Seems that we've just accepted that it won't happen? It NEEDS to happen!! Got the big signed pic of him celebrating his derby goal with Yogi in the Millenium derby on my wall. My real prized possession though is a pair of his 'no 4 shorts' that Whitty sneaked out the changing rooms for me when he first signed back in the day :-) Only wear them in the house

EskbankHibee
04-02-2014, 11:17 PM
Great footage of the best player I've ever seen at ER.

My favourite moment actually came at Hampden in the SC semi v Livingston. Hibs won three nil and I remember Sauzee was under pressure from two Livi forwards as the ball headed toward the byline. Le God just casually flicked the ball over his head and sprayed a pass unperturbed. Would love to see that game again but can't find it anywhere!

Hibby Gav
04-02-2014, 11:29 PM
A little more...some of the same but a few not in the first clip...enjoy
www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJmjAtyePzw

Bay Area Hibees
05-02-2014, 03:46 AM
Great posts by folks here, hope we can make him aware of how fans feel about him.

I might have chance to meet ex france internationals in next few weeks for work and want see if can make contact. Failing that would be great to send him these comments.

Sandy
05-02-2014, 06:12 AM
He is a true gentleman, we (.net) bought him fishing tackle for his birthday whilst at ER, we all got a thanks on TV and a message on line. The man is a football legend, but more than that he is a gentleman.

FranckSuzy
05-02-2014, 10:22 AM
Sent the clip to someone with connections to the Hibs Club and he advised that friends of Le God were visiting Edinburgh over the festive period and dropped in to Sunnyside. The conversation got round to Franck and the Club gave them some friendship banners for him. At least he will know of the high regard he is still held in here. GGTTH.

HibbyAndy
05-02-2014, 10:53 AM
What a player eh.

15 years ago thats mental..I was their at Brockville when he made his debut. This guy had it all.

jacomo
05-02-2014, 11:33 AM
I'm still sure I remember Alex McLeish playing down this signing in the papers when it happened - not sure he realised what a massive impact Franck Sauzee would have.

What a player. What a gentleman. Hibs ******ed it right up with him in the end, hopefully he will forgive in time and make a return visit to 'Edinboor'

The_Exile
05-02-2014, 11:38 AM
Sure someone on here a wee while back said that if he had walked in on Franck making love to his wife he'd have went downstairs and put the kettle on so there was a cup of tea waiting on him after he'd finished :not worth

NorthNorfolkHFC
05-02-2014, 11:44 AM
Unbelievable player. Last at ER that i truly idolized.

Best I've ever seen t ER. Seemed like a top guy as well. Wish there were more like him in football.

I'd love to meet him.

KSA Hibee
05-02-2014, 12:21 PM
Just a thought ... If he won't come to ER then can we find out where his local boozer is .. organise a bus .. or buses ??? ... set off on mass .... and show the fec*in Legend what we really really think of him on his own patch !!!!

Or am I taking my man crush a tad too far ?? :confused:

Peevemor
05-02-2014, 12:25 PM
Just a thought ... If he won't come to ER then can we find out where his local boozer is .. organise a bus .. or buses ??? ... set off on mass .... and show the fec*in Legend what we really really think of him on his own patch !!!!

Or am I taking my man crush a tad too far ?? :confused:

The French don't really do the "local boozer" thing.

Sadly.

calumhibee1
05-02-2014, 03:26 PM

If anyone has that and could put the whole thing online that would be superb. :agree:

kaimendhibs
05-02-2014, 04:37 PM
Now, that is true class!

Sent from my iphone

EdinMike
05-02-2014, 04:44 PM
I actually had to go for a cig after watching that video...

forever Le God !

alexhibs
05-02-2014, 06:30 PM
Goosebumps:flag:

GreenLake
06-02-2014, 01:53 AM
Nobody surpasses Frank Sauzee as a Hibs legend and a gentleman in my lifetime. Merci pour tout.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
09-02-2014, 12:35 AM
An absolute legend & gentleman. Is it true he refuses any communication with Hibs?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
09-02-2014, 01:03 AM
An absolute legend & gentleman. Is it true he refuses any communication with Hibs now?

Kato
09-02-2014, 01:07 AM
An absolute legend & gentleman. Is it true he refuses any communication with Hibs now?

Bit trolly.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
09-02-2014, 01:13 AM
Bit trolly.

I was peeping on the bounce and I noticed there is a thread about him on there and I saw a few folk mentioning it. Just wanted to know what people on here know about it.

Stevie Reid
09-02-2014, 02:58 AM
Has apparently neglected any invite to ER since his sacking and the author who wrote the Sauzee book (Alan Lugton?) said that he tried very hard to track him down, but he just doesn't want to know. He was hurt big time by what happened.

I can understand why the board sacked him, but it was an unbelievably sad end of the era of an absolute legend at Hibs. You should read the book, it's fantastic - you'll probably greet at memories of how good we were though, and the quality we had at our disposal back then.

cocopops1875
09-02-2014, 05:57 AM
Has apparently neglected any invite to ER since his sacking and the author who wrote the Sauzee book (Alan Lugton?) said that he tried very hard to track him down, but he just doesn't want to know. He was hurt big time by what happened.

I can understand why the board sacked him, but it was an unbelievably sad end of the era of an absolute legend at Hibs. You should read the book, it's fantastic - you'll probably greet at memories of how good we were though, and the quality we had at our disposal back then.

The book was by Ted Brack, but you are correct Ted tried very hard to get hold of Franck (not even for commercial reasons but to give him the chance to approve the book and it's content) but Franck never replied to anything.
Teds theory was that having spent his life as a winner Franck has simply erased his failed time as Hibs Manager from his life, I also recall reading a paper story about Franck and it gave the impression he wasn't massively sentimental about his time as a player (no shirts on his walls or trophies in his house)

gorgie greens
09-02-2014, 06:16 AM
its a a bit sad in my opinion because during my 47 years of being a hibby his time at Easter Road was the happiest for me as you could not get enough of going to watch the Hibs,and the high light for me was to be sat a couple of seats from the pieman at the 6-2 game,watching the prick stand up and grin when his team went 1 up at Easter Road,the abuse he got was horendous and very funny that day in the old centre stand and it all came from the skill of Le God ,Lattapy and Mixu and the rest of the team .i was very lucky to have watched everyone of those games and the guy was a joy to watch,the ammount of quality players he sold dummies to was unreal,every game he did the impossible things and made them look so easy so ,was such a sad ending to his time here,
Was lucky to have met him a few times when he was here and the guy oosed class off and on the park,and think we need to respect his thoughts and not see it as anything against us,the guy was born a winner and loss in any way never came in to his head and the hurt he feels shows that he does care.

Hainan Hibs
09-02-2014, 07:11 AM
Got a French colleague at work who goes back to France each weekend to do work on highlights, replays etc, sees Franck quite often. Might ask to tag along some time:greengrin