PDA

View Full Version : Who will we sign in the summer/who would you like us to sign? (realisitc)

BOB MARLEYS DUG
03-02-2014, 05:31 PM
Thoughts, guys?

Kaiser_Sauzee
03-02-2014, 07:11 PM
Bruce Forsyth

Aldo
03-02-2014, 07:25 PM
If this window has been anything to go by we will be very very lucky to get any sort of snippet.

Northernhibee
03-02-2014, 07:48 PM
My mum passed away last year, you sick ****!!!

Ah - apologies. Didnae know - no offence meant.

Hermit Crab
03-02-2014, 07:48 PM
Your mum.

Ooh. Bit personal matey.

Hermit Crab
03-02-2014, 07:49 PM
Thoughts, guys?

McKay shinnie Goodwin and anier (sp)

snooky
03-02-2014, 07:50 PM
Bruce Forsyth

"Here Katie Katie!" :wink:

weonlywon6-2
03-02-2014, 07:58 PM
a lot will determine how the rest of this season goes.

if any of the loanees are good we may try and sign them

hfc rd
03-02-2014, 08:02 PM

This. Where we finish will probably determine the sort of budget we will have for new players at the end of the season.

Piqué
03-02-2014, 08:36 PM
Liked the look of Watkins and Meekings for ICT yesterday

NorthNorfolkHFC
03-02-2014, 08:38 PM
Shinnie was class as well

"Kommen sie bitte und listen to Kraftwerk!"

merritthibees
03-02-2014, 08:45 PM
Griffthis :rolleyes:... I'll call a cab! :bye::take that

jdships
03-02-2014, 08:47 PM

:top marks:agree:

Dibben
03-02-2014, 08:56 PM
Antonio Reguero!

chrisski33
03-02-2014, 09:02 PM
Messi

ekhibee
03-02-2014, 09:03 PM
Skacel?

stoneyburn hibs
03-02-2014, 09:07 PM
Liked the look of Watkins and Meekings for ICT yesterday

There is quite a few ICT players that id like to see at Hibs in the summer, Watkins, Meekings, Doran, Mckay, Vincent and Tansey would be decent additions.

Well we took all of their management team, lets take their squad now :greengrin

hibees 7062
03-02-2014, 09:14 PM
There is quite a few ICT players that id like to see at Hibs in the summer, Watkins, Meekings, Doran, Mckay, Vincent and Tansey would be decent additions.

:agree: And Brill

weonlywon6-2
03-02-2014, 09:23 PM
if we are realistic at competing we need to keep up with aberdeen who have made some good signings and have a lot of decent players now.
if we get it right i dont see why we cant challenge the top 4 at least

EastCalderHibby
03-02-2014, 09:27 PM

did'nt look to brill at the ****s 2nd :greengrin

SteveHFC
03-02-2014, 09:28 PM

Would be a good replacement for Williams (if he's leaving) :agree:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
03-02-2014, 09:33 PM
Alan Mannus, Gavin Gunning & Graeme Shinnie:greengrin

edwards
03-02-2014, 09:36 PM
Mckay and May look to be on their way down south in the summer, don't think McKay looks the same as he did under Butcher. We will need a forward and unsure who we will bring in.

Would like Shinnie for the right back position.
And would prefer Higginbothom from Patick as he puts in a shift and has an eye for goal gutsy player in midfield.Could we swap Cairney.
No chance of keeping Watmore he looks to be a determined young man, Danny Haynes may consider but that all depends how good he is up front, and then it's down to how much we can pay him.
We may be looking more or less at the same kind of players in the summer.

edwards
03-02-2014, 09:41 PM
Would be a good replacement for Williams (if he's leaving) :agree:

He looked ok yesterday couldn't do anything about the first and hamill tokk his free kick well got his hand to it but couldn't keep it out. Might be worth a try at the end of the season, if Ben does decide to go back down south in the summer.

Jones28
03-02-2014, 09:59 PM
None of the loanees have been ruled out as permanent. Having said that none of them have played for us yet :greengrin

I think Boateng will be a great signing and is probably the most likely to stay.

Billy Whizz
03-02-2014, 10:00 PM

Didn't see much of the game yesterday, how did Vincent play

hibees 7062
03-02-2014, 10:11 PM
Alan Mannus & Graeme Shinnie:greengrin

Great player :agree:

Piqué
03-02-2014, 11:20 PM
Didn't see much of the game yesterday, how did Vincent play

Thought he had a quiet game, he had one excellent turn which took two hearts players out of the game but other than that I didn't notice him too much.

Watkins who we have also been linked with looked really dangerous, he was taking on players and looked to be quite pacy. He was being marked by McHattie though, which is bound to help.

Bronson
03-02-2014, 11:29 PM
I'd love Kris Boyd, the guy kens where the net is.

eggbamyasi
04-02-2014, 03:07 AM
Chris johnston from kille . Two footed fast creative love to see him at hibs . Vincent from caley and a striker like the look of Britt Assombalonga at Peterborough banging them in at mo . But any marssella gem like billy mckay would do nicely .

green.and.white
04-02-2014, 04:56 AM
Chris johnston from kille . Two footed fast creative love to see him at hibs . Vincent from caley and a striker like the look of Britt Assombalonga at Peterborough banging them in at mo . But any marssella gem like billy mckay would do nicely .

Im sure the Posh paid about £1million for him in the summer (correct me if Im wrong) so very unlikely. Shinnie would be excellent, I trust Marsella will be busy too from now till the the summer finding players :flag:

MADE IN LEITH
04-02-2014, 11:02 AM
Leave it to Tel

PeterboroHibee
04-02-2014, 11:35 AM
Given that TB, MM and SM have an excellent track record of bringing in players that most of us would have heard of, Im happy to see who they can come up with.

In terms of actual known players, Id like to see Ross and Meekings from ICT coming in.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-03-2014, 01:30 AM
Bump.

Greencore
01-03-2014, 01:39 AM
John collins - http://m.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/john-collins-launches-comeback-with-hometown-club-1-3297419

jon paul jones
01-03-2014, 08:04 AM
I'd go out on a limb and say

Paul McGowan from St Mirren........yes a bad boy in the past but needs a fresh start. Abilities that would help Hibs - definitely drives on through midfield and builds play in the final 3rd. Tidy player who under the right manager would improve the squad. Besides, the cheapest time to buy him given he is doing 130 hours of custodial work this year !!!!!!

Del Boy
01-03-2014, 08:08 AM
Ryan Dow who played for united last night is out of contract in the summer. Not a regular starter for them, but good player who would improve our team.

jeffers
01-03-2014, 08:11 AM
I don't expect to have heard much if any of the players we will sign in the summer. The point in bringing Steve Marsella to the club was so that he could find the diamonds languishing in the reserves and lower leagues in England. The trouble with that is in the short term these type of players don't fire the imagination and are unlikey to make anyone swithering about a season ticket opt to buy one.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-03-2014, 05:58 PM
Falkirk have a few good players we should look at, Blair Alston one of them!

Scorrie
01-03-2014, 06:25 PM
Falkirk have a few good players we should look at, Blair Alston one of them!

Was at the Falkirk game last week and would agree they have some decent pacey players. Right back (Duffie?) looked useful and bombed forward. Mark Millar still looks decent as well

BOB MARLEYS DUG
02-03-2014, 12:59 AM
That Hogan from Rochdale looks decent.

SteveHFC
02-03-2014, 01:04 AM

Matt Done looks decent too :wink:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
02-03-2014, 01:05 AM
Matt Done looks decent too :wink:

Great player:wink::greengrin

SteveHFC
02-03-2014, 01:06 AM
Great player:wink::greengrin

We should have kept him :boo hoo::duck:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
02-03-2014, 01:08 AM
We should have kept him :boo hoo::duck:

I know. I'm gutted we never, quickest winger we have had in years. Petrie is to blame.:greengrin

SteveHFC
02-03-2014, 01:14 AM
I know. I'm gutted we never, quickest winger we have had in years. Petrie is to blame.:greengrin

But now we have Liam Craig instead :greengrin:duck:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
02-03-2014, 01:16 AM
But now we have Liam Craig instead :greengrin:duck:

:hilarious :agree: :greengrin

Aldo
02-03-2014, 07:21 AM

He sure does. 3rd hat trick of the season yesterday against promotion rivals oxford.

Contracted to them until 2015.

sleeping giant
02-03-2014, 09:07 AM
R
Im sure the Posh paid about £1million for him in the summer (correct me if Im wrong) so very unlikely. Shinnie would be excellent, I trust Marsella will be busy too from now till the the summer finding players :flag:

If he does that , who will coach our keepers ?

Scouse Hibee
02-03-2014, 10:10 AM
I'd rather it's someone we have never heard of and definitely not someone who has played against us and played well as we all know what happens to those type of players once they arrive. :greengrin

Ronniekirk
02-03-2014, 10:13 AM

If only it was as easy as that Vincent could of signed a pre contract but choose to sign new three year deal .Getting to semi finals and finals and being higher up the league means they have more cash to splash and they may look at us and think we are still club in transition so sit tight for another year with caley and see if they can keep things going next season with no Sevco and no hear7s

Gustavo Fring
02-03-2014, 10:18 AM
the lack of a goalscorer is killing us this season so top priority for me is to bring in a striker thats good for 15 - 20 goals a season

Keith_M
02-03-2014, 10:21 AM
I hear Deek could be available.

:duck:

Scouse Hibee
02-03-2014, 10:22 AM
the lack of a goalscorer is killing us this season so top priority for me is to bring in a striker thats good for 15 - 20 goals a season

The solution is playing to the strengths of any goalscorer we bring in........... Collins, Haynes and Heffernan can all score goals!

Gustavo Fring
02-03-2014, 11:05 AM
The solution is playing to the strengths of any goalscorer we bring in........... Collins, Haynes and Heffernan can all score goals!

heffernan and haynes are 8 - 10 goals a season strikers , what are collins strengths again ?

we need someone like stevie may or billy mackay that will score near enough every week not 1 goal every 8 or 9 games

truehibernian
02-03-2014, 11:19 AM
Graeme Shinnie, Josh Meekings, Nigel Hasselbaink, Kallum Higginbotham, Duncan Watmore (extended season loan), Islam Feruz (loan)

Those would be players we should be targetting and easily getting - pace, creativity, youth, drive.

Oh and I'd go for Jamie McDonald as a keeper too :duck:

Scouse Hibee
02-03-2014, 11:27 AM
heffernan and haynes are 8 - 10 goals a season strikers , what are collins strengths again ?

we need someone like stevie may or billy mackay that will score near enough every week not 1 goal every 8 or 9 games

If you think you could play May or Mackay in this current Hibs team and they would score near enough every week you're dreaming.

Collins strengths are getting on the end of balls into the 18 yard box and scoring goals, not being played in the channel asked to win high balls every week and then have no support if he does win them. Griffiths is an exceptional striker far better than the others you have mentioned hence his success, his type don't come along often so we need to play to the strenghts of what we have.

GlenrothesHibee
02-03-2014, 11:33 AM
Doesn't matter who we sign. We could sign Messi and as soon as he walked through the East Mains gates he would lose the ability to pass, run or shoot. Yes im hungover and crabbit this morning

The_Horde
02-03-2014, 11:47 AM
Jim Goodwin, Ian Black, Barry Ferguson and Rudi Skacel.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
03-03-2014, 01:55 AM
Kello would be a great replacent for Big Ben but would he come to us? You know, after having played for Hearts etc...

Hibercelona
03-03-2014, 02:33 AM
Pluck all the best talent out of the 1st Division, like a sensible club would do.

At least that way, we'd know what we were getting, instead of throwing stupid money at unknowns and players that haven't proved themselves at all in Scottish Football.

gegs70
03-03-2014, 02:37 AM
Ainsworth (motherwell)
Ermenko

HoboHarry
03-03-2014, 03:17 AM
Pluck all the best talent out of the 1st Division, like a sensible club would do.

At least that way, we'd know what we were getting, instead of throwing stupid money at unknowns and players that haven't proved themselves at all in Scottish Football.
Aye like Jim Duffy did. That'll work...........

Hibercelona
03-03-2014, 03:24 AM
Aye like Jim Duffy did. That'll work...........

Jim Duffy never picked the best players. He was just an awful manager all round.

Ronniekirk
03-03-2014, 08:06 AM
Ainsworth (motherwell)
Ermenko
Players with teams in top four may not want to come to us unless we pay them a lot more than they are currently on ,and even then they might think ,is this the right time ,and will it be good career move .Butcher is hoping to change that,but Vincent didn't sign the pre contract agreement everyone thought was a done deal.Ainsworth just signed new deal so not likely to happen as we won't be looking to pay clubs fees for players.Ermenko has been subbed the last two games which tells it's own story ,so he isn't match fit and would need to see how he goes between now and end of season ,as we don't need players at tail end of career that just want to pick up top wage but whose best playing days are behind them .

Marsella must have players he was looking at for Caley for next season so let's hope he didn't leave a dossier behind with all the details for Yogi to benefit from .The resurgence of Aberdeen is bad timing for us .So the rebuilding job has got tougher and may take two summer transfer windows as it would be hard to bring in seven plus players who all hit the ground running and gell with players he keeps ,bearing in mind he may have to keep some players under contract that he might otherwise wanted to have moved on .eg Nelson Mcgivern and Heff spring to mind .immediatley.

Finally how quickly will Petrie allow signings to be made as we could well have not made a profit this season and he likes to not have to sign players early to save on wages .Look at Inverness Calley s signings over event years and they were done early so management team could prepare and coach them and get off to good start .

Greencore
03-03-2014, 02:39 PM
;3921134']Jim Goodwin, Ian Black, Barry Ferguson and Rudi Skacel.

We should offer Michael Stewart a coaching role and ask Paul Hartley to manage us.