PDA

View Full Version : Pre-season 'Green' tournament

beensaidbefore
03-02-2014, 04:40 PM
Could a pre-season 'green' tournament be organised to coincide with the festival? I always look out for the teams that play in green from other leagues, so no doubt there are others who do the same.

Would it be possible to organise a small mini-league over 2 days held at ER only containing green teams. If teams from decent leagues were invited, ie st etienne, real betis, werder bremen, i await a list of other teams that play in green. But ideally not the plymouth argle's and shamrock rovers of the world.

Im sure someone will give a reason why this is not possible, but just a though...

CB_NO3
03-02-2014, 04:45 PM
Could a pre-season 'green' tournament be organised to coincide with the festival? I always look out for the teams that play in green from other leagues, so no doubt there are others who do the same.

Would it be possible to organise a small mini-league over 2 days held at ER only containing green teams. If teams from decent leagues were invited, ie st etienne, real betis, werder bremen, i await a list of other teams that play in green. But ideally not the plymouth argle's and shamrock rovers of the world.

Im sure someone will give a reason why this is not possible, but just a though...

The festival gets under way in its full capacity in August, by that time we can be 3 or 4 games into our season. So the chances of it happening are slim tbh.

beensaidbefore
03-02-2014, 05:23 PM
The festival gets under way in its full capacity in August, by that time we can be 3 or 4 games into our season. So the chances of it happening are slim tbh.

Fair point re the festival. Never gave enough thought to the start dates of both the season and the festival.

Seems a shame that we cant make the most of an extra 500k people being in town though.

At the very least the club should be investing in stall for the highstreet or somewhere up the town that sells hibs kits and tickets and other club merchandise.

Future17
03-02-2014, 05:25 PM
You'd need to provide an incentive for those types of teams to travel to Scotland for pre-season. Mind you, if it's good enough for Barcelona...

HH81
03-02-2014, 05:35 PM
What is wrong with Plymouth?

I'd much perfer a Yorkshire pre season tour....

beensaidbefore
03-02-2014, 05:45 PM

Nothing really, just not as appealing as some of the foreign teams would be. And TBH i still have a bee in my bonnet about Doumbe going there to join Blobby all those years ago :wink:

frazeHFC
03-02-2014, 05:52 PM

That's what i'd love too. Say it every pre-season, Huddersfield, Leeds and Halifax town would be class. :agree:

beensaidbefore
03-02-2014, 05:56 PM
That's what i'd love too. Say it every pre-season, Huddersfield, Leeds and Halifax town would be class. :agree:

Would prefer one if the Sheffield clubs.

Pretty Boy
03-02-2014, 05:56 PM

Yorkshire would be brilliant.

Plenty teams to choose from and some great towns and cities for a night out.

007 Mickey Weir
03-02-2014, 06:19 PM
We could always invite a local club from the lower divisions along. Don't play in green. But would be a strong pull! Would need to be played at ER as they might not have their own ground by then.....

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-02-2014, 06:25 PM
Home friendlies are keek! A trip to some European gaff would be better.

Keith_M
03-02-2014, 06:38 PM
i want an all green tournament, with these lovely ladies attending please.....

beensaidbefore
03-02-2014, 06:42 PM
i want an all green tournament, with these lovely ladies attending please.....

YES PLEASE!!! :agree:

HH81
03-02-2014, 06:44 PM
Would prefer one if the Sheffield clubs.

United is in centre so would be good for piss up.

Huddersfield, bradford and leeds would all be within 15 miles of my house :-).

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-02-2014, 07:38 PM
United is in centre so would be good for piss up.

Huddersfield, bradford and leeds would all be within 15 miles of my house :-).

Quality boozer in Sheffield Station too.