PDA

View Full Version : Paul Hartley

Billy Whizz
03-02-2014, 02:18 PM
Tipped to take over as Dundee Manager, if Brown is sacked.
And so thought he was being lined up for the PBS

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/sport/football/dundee-fc/dundee-set-to-sack-john-brown-and-move-for-paul-hartley-1.202088

SanFranHibs
03-02-2014, 02:49 PM
Tipped to take over as Dundee Manager, if Brown is sacked.
And so thought he was being lined up for the PBS

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/sport/football/dundee-fc/dundee-set-to-sack-john-brown-and-move-for-paul-hartley-1.202088

Get ready for next season !

:greengrin

Billy Whizz
03-02-2014, 03:32 PM
Confirmed on Sky Sports that Brown has left Dundee

BOB MARLEYS DUG
03-02-2014, 03:32 PM
Hes been sacked/left.

ekhibee
03-02-2014, 05:08 PM
Quite surprised at Brown quitting. They've lost 3 games on the trot but they're still joint top with Falkirk. Strange one.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
03-02-2014, 05:14 PM
I wonder if Pat Fenlon will go in for the job?

snooky
03-02-2014, 05:16 PM
Quite surprised at Brown quitting. They've lost 3 games on the trot but they're still joint top with Falkirk. Strange one.

Aye, what a bomber :wink:

Billy Whizz
03-02-2014, 05:17 PM

You've been listening to Sportsound as well

Reaper
03-02-2014, 05:18 PM
I hope Hartley does get the Job. Its a good thing for Scottish Football if young managers get a chance in the lower leagues and naturally progress towards the top. It'll lessen the need for clubs to look elsewhere and bring in managers from elsewhere.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
03-02-2014, 05:26 PM
You've been listening to Sportsound as well

:agree:

ekhibee
03-02-2014, 05:27 PM
I hope Hartley does get the Job. Its a good thing for Scottish Football if young managers get a chance in the lower leagues and naturally progress towards the top. It'll lessen the need for clubs to look elsewhere and bring in managers from elsewhere.
Yes, I'd agree with that. Even though I used to think of Brown as one of the most dislikeable people in football he did a good job at Dundee and it sounds like the fans have never ever liked him. It wouldn't have mattered if Dundee were 20 points clear, one slip and they would really be clamouring for his head. On a separate matter I really, really hate Hearts. Just thought I'd mention that.

weonlywon6-2
03-02-2014, 05:30 PM

its to do with managing a football club so i would doubt it as he has no experience in that field

The Sea-gull
03-02-2014, 05:37 PM

He might go for it but unless he is pals with the guys making the appointment or has some big dirt on them, I doubt he'll be getting this or any other Scottish job any time soon. Know a few Dundee fans and they would not be happy with Fenlon. Don't blame them. Surprised Brown has gone as they seemed to be doing ok on the whole. They do have previous for sacking managers at this stage of the season when it looks like their objective won't be met.

Paperboy
04-02-2014, 11:55 AM
Interesting article on the BBC saying that Alloa are due £25,000 compensation if Hartley goes to Dundee.

With figures like that it's safe to assume he's not going to Herts...