PDA

View Full Version : Return for KT?

Pages : [1] 2

keep the faith
03-02-2014, 11:59 AM
Now the window is closed will Terry give Thommo another chance? Seems a no brainer for me. Really hope both parties can wipe the slate clean as KT,s dig and passing game will really benefit the pacy new signings.

NorthNorfolkHFC
03-02-2014, 12:02 PM
Now the window is closed will Terry give Thommo another chance? Seems a no brainer for me. Really hope both parties can wipe the slate clean as KT,s dig and passing game will really benefit the pacy new signings.

Really? Another debate on Thomson.

For me, absolutely not in our current system of pace and getting forward quickly.

More importantly, i reckon our management team will make a call on it.

Broken Gnome
03-02-2014, 12:12 PM

For me, absolutely not in our current system of pace and getting forward quickly.

Has there ever been anything in the press questioning why he's not featured? Or are injuries being used as a convenient/accurate reason for him not featuring.

All seems strangely quiet.

OsloHibs
03-02-2014, 12:17 PM
Has there ever been anything in the press questioning why he's not featured? Or are injuries being used as a convenient/accurate reason for him not featuring.

All seems strangely quiet.

I agree the whole situation is very strange

Hibercelona
03-02-2014, 12:18 PM
Do some people honestly believe that he's not being picked for absolutely no reason what so ever? :confused:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
03-02-2014, 12:22 PM
He wont play again.

MB62
03-02-2014, 12:29 PM
Not before young Sam Stanton, so KT is a bit down the pecking order for me, IF he is ever even quoted.

Billy Whizz
03-02-2014, 12:30 PM
Do some people honestly believe that he's not being picked for absolutely no reason what so ever? :confused:

Thought he was injured

Hibercelona
03-02-2014, 12:34 PM
Thought he was injured

Butcher said himself that KT was free to leave anytime. So I can't see him playing any part in the future set up.

Bronson
03-02-2014, 12:41 PM
The guy's a top player at SPL level and i do feel we are missing out by not playing him, but it would appear there are some serious attitude problems and I'd be surprised if he did play for us again.

jacomo
03-02-2014, 12:44 PM

Are you saying Katie is physically incapable of kicking the ball forward?

I can accept that maybe he's not been doing what's been asked of him in training or he's fallen out with the management team, but he surely is good enough to adapt to a different style of play.

--------
03-02-2014, 01:15 PM

I can accept that maybe he's not been doing what's been asked of him in training or he's fallen out with the management team, but he surely is good enough to adapt to a different style of play.

Good enough, yes. Willing to? There seems to be some question about that.

There can be only one boss in a dressing-room and on the training-ground, and that should be the manager.

Uphall Hibby
03-02-2014, 01:19 PM
While I think Terry has done a fantastic job with very limited resources I do think he is making a grave error in overlooking KT. A team has to have a balance and while we TB is looking for a fast, direct attacking team we cant play 11 attackers. KT is the perfect man to hold that midfield together. If there is a valid reason that he shouldnt be picked then we should get to know something of this. The silence on this subject is deafening!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

ahibby
03-02-2014, 01:23 PM
I thought he was too slow and ponderous and didn't create anything for us. However I'd like to try him again with the new methods and faces to see if there is any change. However TB and MM know best.

Vini1875
03-02-2014, 01:39 PM
Considering how poor Liam Craig has been of late, it seems like an easy swap for a few games. However if it is to do with attitude and an unwillingness to adapt to the more strenous training then fair enough. TB has to be the boss in no uncertain terms, we have had enough mangers who had coax players along.

Then again maybe KT has been injured and has simply not recovered enough to play and TB doesn't see him having a future considering age and previous injuries. That said I'd imagine McPake is that category as well.

yekimevol
03-02-2014, 01:39 PM

:top marks:top marks:top marks

Shrekko
03-02-2014, 01:50 PM
For those who claim that KT slows the game up, I'd love to know what they think Liam Craig does in more or less the same role!

I'm not criticising Liam really as its just not the the best way to use him. However it's a load of guff to say KT can't fit in to this new system, as if all the current midfielders are bombing forward at pace!

I'm more than confident with the right players around him that Thomson could do an outstanding job in the midfield. The problem before and after he got here was that ALL the midfielders just wanted to play square balls to each other. If someone makes a good angle for a forward pass Thomson will find them.

Seen more than one current player describing him as our best player recently- that'll do me.

SMAXXA
03-02-2014, 02:03 PM
He wont play again.

dont be too sure

Thought he was injured

he was, fit now though but wasn't always the reason he wasn't being selected as he was left out when fit at some points

Not before young Sam Stanton, so KT is a bit down the pecking order for me, IF he is ever even quoted.

Agree he is down the pecking order but wouldn't be surprised if he features between now and the end of the season

B.H.F.C
03-02-2014, 02:12 PM
Central midfield has been pretty abysmal lately. Craig in particular just continuously gives the ball away so KT might find himself getting a run out at some point.

Billy Whizz
03-02-2014, 02:13 PM
dont be too sure

he was, fit now though but wasn't always the reason he wasn't being selected as he was left out when fit at some

Agree he is down the pecking order but wouldn't be surprised if he features between now and the end of the season

I think he will feature at some stage. Craig suspended for the next league game

blackpoolhibs
03-02-2014, 02:16 PM
Thomson has appeared twice since his infamous row with Malpas, maybe the management team don't rate him above others?

Uphall Hibby
03-02-2014, 02:18 PM
While I think Terry has done a fantastic job with very limited resources I do think he is making a grave error in overlooking KT. A team has to have a balance and while we TB is looking for a fast, direct attacking team we cant play 11 attackers. KT is the perfect man to hold that midfield together. If there is a valid reason that he shouldnt be picked then we should get to know something of this. The silence on this subject is deafening!!

I am not saying their wrong in not playing him. There may be a valid reason with either his fitness or attitude. I just think if they would give us a reason for not playing him then we can put it behind us. Until such time as they do there will be all this unnecessary speculation!

Jones28
03-02-2014, 02:18 PM

This. He's a good player who could easily adapt his game to suit any style of play. There is no doubt that this is more than just a football problem.

MB62
03-02-2014, 02:20 PM

It seems to me that T.B. has been asking Liam Craig to do a sitting role in midfield, a role that IMO has affected his performances and all but nullified his excellent left peg in dangerous positions further forward.
IF this is actually the case and T.B. wants to play someone in that role, I feel K.T. is maybe more suited to it.
Of course, I could be totally wrong with the tactics and Liam has just been having a nightmare few games.

erin-go-bragh87
03-02-2014, 02:22 PM
What a fud you are

It's amazing the personal abuse you get away with on here if your post count is high enough. No need.

GreenLake
03-02-2014, 02:33 PM
It seems to me that T.B. has been asking Liam Craig to do a sitting role in midfield, a role that IMO has affected his performances and all but nullified his excellent peg in dangerous positions further forward.
IF this is actually the case and T.B. wants to play someone in that role, I feel K.T. is maybe more suited to it.
Of course, I could be totally wrong with the tactics and Liam has just been having a nightmare few games.

This. Craig should be played differently or dropped.

keep the faith
03-02-2014, 02:46 PM
For those who claim that KT slows the game up, I'd love to know what they think Liam Craig does in more or less the same role!

I'm not criticising Liam really as its just not the the best way to use him. However it's a load of guff to say KT can't fit in to this new system, as if all the current midfielders are bombing forward at pace!

I'm more than confident with the right players around him that Thomson could do an outstanding job in the midfield. The problem before and after he got here was that ALL the midfielders just wanted to play square balls to each other. If someone makes a good angle for a forward pass Thomson will find them.

Seen more than one current player describing him as our best player recently- that'll do me.

This

Wheat Hound
03-02-2014, 03:12 PM
I reckon:

Robertson and KT as holding players with

Stanton Craig and Harris

playing as a forward midfield 3 with

Collins up top

would be good.

EskbankHibee
03-02-2014, 04:02 PM
People who sit on here claiming Thomson can't contribute in the current system need their heads checked. He's our most gifted player. If there's issues to be resolved TB needs to address these and get the best out of a player who we will still be paying til the end of the season.

NorthNorfolkHFC
03-02-2014, 04:12 PM

No, i never said that.

He is slow, and doesn't have a change of pace. There are only two places up for grabs as a sitting midfielder. Liam Craig hasn't scored lately but does score more than Thomson and Robertson is an engine who never stops and is also capable of a goal.

Thomson, i just don't see what he offers.

NorthNorfolkHFC
03-02-2014, 04:17 PM
People who sit on here claiming Thomson can't contribute in the current system need their heads checked. He's our most gifted player. If there's issues to be resolved TB needs to address these and get the best out of a player who we will still be paying til the end of the season.

You must know something Terry and his team don't, next time the Hibs job comes up why don't you apply!!

The team is playing well just now so why does Thomson HAVE to come in?

More to the point, where is Thomson's devine right to be included?

Terry wants to play 4, 2, 3, 1. In that formation he would only go in the sitting role, can you tell me what qualities this 'technically gifted' player offers??

jeffers
03-02-2014, 04:24 PM
You must know something Terry and his team don't, next time the Hibs job comes up why don't you apply!!

Terry wants to play 4, 2, 3, 1. In that formation he would only go in the sitting role, can you tell me what qualities this 'technically gifted' player offers??

Terry was quick write off Taiwo then played him and is now questioning his initial decision when a number of us thought he was a decent player. Isn't it possible he could have it made a similar mistake with Kevin Thomson ?

The_Horde
03-02-2014, 04:28 PM
I agree we need someone on there who can keep the ball for us because at times we try and go forward too quickly and leave ourselves exposed.

If KT was playing against st mirren I doubt we'd have gotten caught on the counter so much early on as we'd have tried to keep the ball and waited for the right moment to attack instead of aimlessly charging forward.

I also think that we'd probably have better movement from the forward players because they'd trust KT to be able to deliver them the correct pass.

The problem with him though is that sometimes he believes he's the playmaker and he's really not that type of player. If he's slated the way terry wants his team playing then I can't see a way back for Thomson, which is a shame.

Ronniekirk
03-02-2014, 04:32 PM
Terry was quick write off Taiwo then played him and is now questioning his initial decision when a number of us thought he was a decent player. Isn't it possible he could have it made a similar mistake with Kevin Thomson ?

He was quoted today saying Tawio and Zoubir have both played their way back into squad for consideration to be picked ,the fact he didn't mention K T and not for the first time since he took over must indicate something .If he is injured why isn't that clarified ? If he is in T B s plans surely he would say .To have a re think he needs to play and with new players fighting for places you have to conclude he is out the picture .

Jim44
03-02-2014, 04:33 PM
I hope KT is out of favour because of footballing reasons (I have my doubts tho'). If the problem is a personal or disciplinary one, I think it's up to Butcher to sort things out. Also, if it were a serious disciplinary problem, I'm sure KT could be shown the door for breach of contact .... get it sorted Butcher or come clean with the fans.

offshorehibby
03-02-2014, 04:36 PM

Maybe it's Thomson that needs resolve his issues. If accounts are true it's not the management team at fault. Maybe he needs to put his toys back in the pram and buckle down and at least show willing to buy into the TB/MM way.

JimBHibees
03-02-2014, 04:39 PM
I hope KT is out of favour because of footballing reasons (I have my doubts tho'). If the problem is a personal or disciplinary one, I think it's up to Butcher to sort things out. Also, if it were a serious disciplinary problem, I'm sure KT could be shown the door for breach of contact .... get it sorted Butcher or come clean with the fans.

Maybe he isnt impressing in training. These things happen and sometimes others are hungrier and more eager to impress. I hope he knuckles down and tries to win his place back.

jeffers
03-02-2014, 04:47 PM

I was told the same story as was posted on this site, from a neighbour of a current player, namely during a one touch exercise KT was taking more than one touch. When Malpas had a go it him he said he didn't play one touch football, an argument ensued and ultimately told KT told MM to F off and was sent home. What has happened since then I do not know.

I am not defending KT, but he would be in my team and I would have hoped things could be worked out. When I see Liam Craig floundering in a holding midfield role and KT is sitting in the stands I wish the KT situation could be sorted. If TB just doesn't rate him then I'd like to hear that, but other than the odd comment of a supposed injury it's silence. Ultimately his second spell has been a disappointment, but his performance in the first game at ER against celtic, albeit with the incentive of being up against his big mate, made me believe that he is still a very good player.

Hibbyradge
03-02-2014, 04:51 PM
I was told the same story as was posted on this site, from a neighbour of a current player, namely during a one touch exercise KT was taking more than one touch. When Malpas had a go it him he said he didn't play one touch football, an argument ensued and ultimately told KT told MM to F off and was sent home. What has happened since then I do not know.

I am not defending KT, but he would be in my team and I would have hoped things could be worked out. When I see Liam Craig floundering in a holding midfield role and KT is sitting in the stands I wish the KT situation could be sorted. If TB just doesn't rate him then I'd like to hear that, but other than the odd comment of a supposed injury it's silence. Ultimately his second spell has been a disappointment, but his performance in the first game at ER against celtic, albeit with the incentive of being up against his big mate, made me believe that he is still a very good player.

I wonder how many Barcelona players "don't play one touch football"?

jeffers
03-02-2014, 04:56 PM
I wonder how many Barcelona players "don't play one touch football"?

I'm not disagreeing with you here Hr, I already said I am not defending KT for that, but if his non selection is based purely on his attitude come out and say it and we can stop (well to an extent) having the KT debates.

J-C
03-02-2014, 09:05 PM

That's the role he's been playing all his life, so I and many others don't understand why he's not being considered by TB, if it's a personal thing with Malpas, then they should all try to get over it for the sake of the team, especially if he may be the best man for the holding midfielder role.

weonlywon6-2
03-02-2014, 09:11 PM
This. He's a good player who could easily adapt his game to suit any style of play. There is no doubt that this is more than just a football problem.

i think you are right,something just doesnt add up.
hopefully we will see him again as he is a good player

McKenzie
03-02-2014, 09:12 PM
Why does everyone feel the right to an explanation from the manager as to why he's dropped? I for one trust TB to mould us into a decent side be it with or without Thomson. No big loss if he doesn't play IMO

SunshineOnLeith
03-02-2014, 09:34 PM
Taiwo's clearly reacted to being left out the right way, and worked hard to impress and put himself back in the frame. Yes, it needed injuries for him to get back in but that's football. And Stanton's a better attacking option. So there's the two chief footballing impediments to KT getting back in.

People saying the onus is on Butcher to remedy the situation need their head's checked. He's the senior figure, what he says goes. If the 'one touch' story or similar is true then Thomson should be at Butcher's door apologising, and until that happens deserves to be left out in the cold.

Unseen work
03-02-2014, 11:18 PM
What I find odd is that since the time of this initial argument he has since been in the squad twice? But nothing since then? Is he injured now or?

Centre Hawf
04-02-2014, 02:04 AM
People talking about Craig as if he isn't our top goalscorer. His goal threat is why hes in the squad for me. Thomson offers the square root of nout going forward and holds the ball for half an hour before punting it out to the full back. He's a better option to bring on when 2-0 up than OTJ i will admit however.

However i can honestly say if Thomson never plays again im not bothered as i feel we have better.

Leishy1995
04-02-2014, 02:42 AM
Get Thomson in the first eleven. If you have players infront of him making moves and getting into space he will find them. If there was ever a dispute with management I'd hope our manager had the ability to solve it and move on

Hibercelona
04-02-2014, 04:04 AM
It just doesn't seem to click with some people. :rolleyes:

Thomson isn't being "overlooked", because the manager "doesn't think he's good enough".

Obviously there are OTHER reasons why he isn't being picked. So can we just drop this pointless subject?

The manager isn't going to come on here and think "Oh, i've made a grave error of judgement" and start playing him again.

MrRobot
04-02-2014, 05:29 AM
Thomson has been my favourite player at Hibs first and 2nd time round. Its annoying to see a player with such quality being left out but at the same time I trust Butchers judgement and if he thinks its best he moves on then im happy with that. I'd rather he was in the team, but I like that Butcher is giving youngsters a chance. Said ages ago that Stanton should have been in the team and his performance against Celtic showed why.

Hibbyradge
04-02-2014, 06:26 AM

Thomson isn't being "overlooked", because the manager "doesn't think he's good enough".

Obviously there are OTHER reasons why he isn't being picked. So can we just drop this pointless subject?

The manager isn't going to come on here and think "Oh, i've made a grave error of judgement" and start playing him again.

How do you know this?

Link?

Alex Trager
04-02-2014, 07:21 AM
I find it hilarious that people are saying butcher should come out and explain to is why KT isn't being played. Hardly a progressional manner to go to the press and air your dirty laundry.

In terms of the possibility of butcher having to sort it out, I find that ridiculous. Who do you all think that Kevin is? No player is bigger than the club. If he wants his game for Hibs then he bucks up his ideas and moves forward with the management team. We have seen it with TT, so god knows it's possible. I reckon if Kevin done what is expected of a player, meaning apologise and move on, do what you're told etc he would be put back in contention, as he does have quality.

I find it astounding people also reckon that butcher would cut his nose off to spite his face. He is not a silly man, he would select him if he showed enough desire, like the rest of the squad has done.

There is no doubting Kevin's ability on the park, it's his ability to act like a professional off the park that seems to be putting his Hibs career in park

BT58
04-02-2014, 07:28 AM
This team is evolving,,TB has now got pace in it,the new guys with the addition of
Harris and Stanton will show us what TB has in mind
We all have our fav players and moan when they are left out, were no the manager
TERRY BUTCHER is

jeffers
04-02-2014, 07:44 AM

If only I'd known we just needed to ask you to clarify the situation. Since you are clearly in the know can you please explain to the rest of us why he isn't being selected ?

Speedy
04-02-2014, 07:57 AM
Taiwo's clearly reacted to being left out the right way, and worked hard to impress and put himself back in the frame. Yes, it needed injuries for him to get back in but that's football. And Stanton's a better attacking option. So there's the two chief footballing impediments to KT getting back in.

People saying the onus is on Butcher to remedy the situation need their head's checked. He's the senior figure, what he says goes. If the 'one touch' story or similar is true then Thomson should be at Butcher's door apologising, and until that happens deserves to be left out in the cold.

The onus is on Butcher to get the best out of the resources he has.

If he thinks he's doing that then fair enough.

Ronniekirk
04-02-2014, 08:04 AM
If only I'd known we just needed to ask you to clarify the situation. Since you are clearly in the know can you please explain to the rest of us why he isn't being selected ?

The three layers he has brought in all have Pace that is a key factor .He wants us to go forward more quickly . k T doesn't fit system he want to play we have to accept that and move forward If he is injured and that's the reason he wasn't able to get a move then presumably once fit they could come to mutual agreement about letting him go and he can be free agent don't think we are going to get anymore info on this situation

.Sean.
04-02-2014, 08:06 AM
Thomson would be the first name on my teamsheet. One of the few 'footballers' in the squad. He actually has the ability to carry out the basic requirements of a footballer such as find a player with a pass, tackle, take some responsibility and show some composure unlike some. For those that know a bit about the game there can be no arguments that he's a player and in my opinion the best at the club.

Get him in the team Butcher.

jeffers
04-02-2014, 08:11 AM
The three layers he has brought in all have Pace that is a key factor .He wants us to go forward more quickly . k T doesn't fit system he want to play we have to accept that and move forward If he is injured and that's the reason he wasn't able to get a move then presumably once fit they could come to mutual agreement about letting him go and he can be free agent don't think we are going to get anymore info on this situation

IMO Ronnie a player of his ability could easily adapt his game to suit the style of play TB wants. I'd like to see him given that chance with the new signings making movement up ahead of him. I get the argument that he slows it down, but it looks to me like he got the ball and looked up to see noone making any moves, he'd rather retain possession than make a hopeful punt up the park.

ronaldo7
04-02-2014, 08:11 AM
I find it hilarious that people are saying butcher should come out and explain to is why KT isn't being played. Hardly a progressional manner to go to the press and air your dirty laundry.

In terms of the possibility of butcher having to sort it out, I find that ridiculous. Who do you all think that Kevin is? No player is bigger than the club. If he wants his game for Hibs then he bucks up his ideas and moves forward with the management team. We have seen it with TT, so god knows it's possible. I reckon if Kevin done what is expected of a player, meaning apologise and move on, do what you're told etc he would be put back in contention, as he does have quality.

I find it astounding people also reckon that butcher would cut his nose off to spite his face. He is not a silly man, he would select him if he showed enough desire, like the rest of the squad has done.

There is no doubting Kevin's ability on the park, it's his ability to act like a professional off the park that seems to be putting his Hibs career in park

:kdarts: Spot on.

jeffers
04-02-2014, 08:13 AM
Thomson would be the first name on my teamsheet. One of the few 'footballers' in the squad. He actually has the ability to carry out the basic requirements of a footballer such as find a player with a pass, tackle, take some responsibility and show some composure unlike some. For those that know a bit about the game there can be no arguments that he's a player and in my opinion the best at the club.

Get him in the team Butcher.

Agree with every word. This is why a number of us are questioning his omission.

Ronniekirk
04-02-2014, 08:21 AM
IMO Ronnie a player of his ability could easily adapt his game to suit the style of play TB wants. I'd like to see him given that chance with the new signings making movement up ahead of him. I get the argument that he slows it down, but it looks to me like he got the ball and looked up to see noone making any moves, he'd rather retain possession than make a hopeful punt up the park.
I haven't seem enough games where he has played this season.But agree that used to be what he was good at ,going into sliding tackles winning the ball controlling it and pinging ball 30 yards diagonally to Derek's We are missing that.
And agree he is more intelligent player and land won't just punt it long to get rid of it .But you can't look back apart from to appreciate what we had at the time The second stint hasn't been so impressive I don't think.

EskbankHibee
04-02-2014, 09:54 AM

Not even TB would agree that hibs are playing well. How could you possibly think that? No wonder you don't rate KT, you've obviously never been to a Hibs match in your life

NorthNorfolkHFC
04-02-2014, 10:05 AM
Not even TB would agree that hibs are playing well. How could you possibly think that? No wonder you don't rate KT, you've obviously never been to a Hibs match in your life

You never answered my questions? I was asking you about what you thought Kevin would bring to the team.

Terry Butcher HAS said we are playing well on countless occasions so pay attention in future and don't quote me unless you answer my question.

As for your question regarding watching Hibs, I dont have to justify my credentials but you'll find me in the far end of the east. Where I've been situated for the best part of 12 years.

Alex Trager
04-02-2014, 10:12 AM
Some get so worked up on Hibs.net. It's entertaining but confusing at the same time.

EskbankHibee
04-02-2014, 10:15 AM
You never answered my questions? I was asking you about what you thought Kevin would bring to the team.

Terry Butcher HAS said we are playing well on countless occasions so pay attention in future and don't quote me unless you answer my question.

As for your question regarding watching Hibs, I dont have to justify my credentials but you'll find me in the far end of the east. Where I've been situated for the best part of 12 years.

Do you think Hibs are playing well?

Thomson would bring that bit of quality none of the others have

NorthNorfolkHFC
04-02-2014, 10:37 AM
Do you think Hibs are playing well?

Thomson would bring that bit of quality none of the others have

I think Hibs are playing much better under Butcher, they will continue to improve when he beds in some new signings. So to answer, yes I am beginning to enjoy going to games again. I personally hated watching Thomson be out muscled and outpaced in Hibs midfield.

What qualities would he add? Pace? Passing ability? Goals? Height?

Bearing in mind there are two places in our midfield, would he replace our top goal scorer Liam Craig or the man who never tires and can also score goals, Scott Robertson?

EskbankHibee
04-02-2014, 10:40 AM
I think Hibs are playing much better under Butcher, they will continue to improve when he beds in some new signings. So to answer, yes I am beginning to enjoy going to games again. I personally hated watching Thomson be out muscled and outpaced in Hibs midfield.

What qualities would he add? Pace? Passing ability? Goals? Height?

Bearing in mind there are two places in our midfield, would he replace our top goal scorer Liam Craig or the man who never tires and can also score goals, Scott Robertson?

Hibs are not playing well.

He would add passing, composure and bite in the middle.

He would replace either of those two

Aldo
04-02-2014, 10:51 AM
Hibs are not playing well. He would add passing, composure and bite in the middle. He would replace either of those two

I agree that we've not been playing well however I don't think the addition of KT would of made much difference. If he was fit and able to play I am sure he would of been in squad however TT and Sam Stanton seem to be up the pecking order.

Him not moving on in the window is good news but I am not sure we will see him playing in the team again.

NorthNorfolkHFC
04-02-2014, 10:58 AM
Hibs are not playing well.

He would add passing, composure and bite in the middle.

He would replace either of those two

Hibs are not playing well is your opinion. Obviously it differs.

I don't know what quality 'bite' is. Would you substitute Craig's goals then?

Unseen work
04-02-2014, 11:12 AM
People say thomson can't play a quick tempo game

He was one of the key parts and captain of the most attacking free flowing hibs team iv seen

Kato
04-02-2014, 11:19 AM
People say thomson can't play a quick tempo game

He was one of the key parts and captain of the most attacking free flowing hibs team iv seen

Knocking on ten years ago.

NAE NOOKIE
04-02-2014, 01:27 PM
I've seen every game KT has played at ER since he returned and apart from his outstanding effort against Celtic, or should I say Scott Brown, I cant say I've seen anything to make me lose sleep over his omission from the team. Liked the look of Sam Stanton and would much rather see him given a run. Though I appreciate KT aint being left out to give Stanton a game.

I for one want to see new blood with passion pace and energy coupled with footballing ability .... no doubting KT's ability, but unfortunately Scott Brown only plays for one of the teams in the Premiership .... not all of them.

cmcd
04-02-2014, 06:43 PM

90 percent of stories on here are nonsense Someone questioned KTs off field behaviour Out of order All i can say is a number of posters will have to eat a large slice of humble pie in the near future

weonlywon6-2
04-02-2014, 06:58 PM
90 percent of stories on here are nonsense Someone questioned KTs off field behaviour Out of order All i can say is a number of posters will have to eat a large slice of humble pie in the near future

why???

cmcd
04-02-2014, 07:08 PM
why???
Just watch this space

lapsedhibee
04-02-2014, 07:11 PM
Just watch this space

A full three minutes now and nothing. :I'm waiti

hibbysam
04-02-2014, 07:12 PM
Am I really reading a thread on Kevin Thomson where one of the posters is criticising the lads passing ability? Probably the best passing midfielder in the SPFL right now.. The best CM IMO at this club in the last decade. I want ball players in my team, and Kevin Thomson certainly fits that bill...

He can't up the tempo? He doesn't push up enough? He's too slow?

Let's take a second and look not too far back to when Thomson came up against the best team in the league... He had Brown in his back pocket, he ran his socks off up and down the pitch... He kept it simple, he kept the ball and put himself about, and because of that had us on the verge of winning that game.

Bollocks that anyone who has any clue wouldn't want him in there side barring injuries. Someone really asked if I would rather have Liam Craig or Kevin Thomson? Holy smoke. come off it!

Aldo
04-02-2014, 07:38 PM

Really!!!! 90 percent. I'm sure it was only 89 percent. How wrong could one person be. Doh!

Why would these posters have to eat humble pie??

Still watching btw!!!!!

weonlywon6-2
04-02-2014, 08:06 PM
Just watch this space

ok then,what shall we expect to hear ??

keep the faith
04-02-2014, 08:08 PM
Just watch this space

Interesting. There is clearly something we dont know which results in our best player is sitting in the stands and Liam Criag punting it aimlessly forward in the holding role.
Personally i dont think KT is the troublemaker some suggest. Only a hunch though.

NorthNorfolkHFC
04-02-2014, 08:09 PM
Am I really reading a thread on Kevin Thomson where one of the posters is criticising the lads passing ability? Probably the best passing midfielder in the SPFL right now.. The best CM IMO at this club in the last decade. I want ball players in my team, and Kevin Thomson certainly fits that bill...

He can't up the tempo? He doesn't push up enough? He's too slow?

Let's take a second and look not too far back to when Thomson came up against the best team in the league... He had Brown in his back pocket, he ran his socks off up and down the pitch... He kept it simple, he kept the ball and put himself about, and because of that had us on the verge of winning that game.

Bollocks that anyone who has any clue wouldn't want him in there side barring injuries. Someone really asked if I would rather have Liam Craig or Kevin Thomson? Holy smoke. come off it!

Best midfielders in the SPFL?

Surely if he became available for nothing clubs would be all over Hibs for a piece of the midfield maestro?

Lucky it's not 'your' team, like you suggest as we'd be back playing Fenlon sideways passing.

I for one would like to keep our top goal scorer with 6 goals as we'd be scraping around the bottom of the table without his goals and assists.

cmcd
04-02-2014, 08:11 PM
Really!!!! 90 percent. I'm sure it was only 89 percent. How wrong could one person be. Doh!

Why would these posters have to eat humble pie??

Still watching btw!!!!!
I have no intention of getting into a slagging match with anyone on here I said in the near future

jeffers
04-02-2014, 08:31 PM

As I said the one touch story was from a neighbour of one of the current squad. I have no reason to disbelieve it, are you saying the story isn't true ?

Swedish hibee
04-02-2014, 08:37 PM
I cant believe anyone thinks we are playing better ??

RIP Bestie
04-02-2014, 08:41 PM
I keep reading about people wanting us to play the "Hibs way". If that's a free flowing passing game where the ball is on the grass for a high percentage of the time, I would think that Kevin Thomson is probably the one person in our current squad who could deliver that. I don't think anyone can deny his passing ability, vision or positioning. For me he is without doubt THE outstanding footballer at the club. I'm disappointed that he is currently being overlooked for whatever reason. If it's to do with ability I would question Butchers judgement of a player and the direction he wants to take us. I would hope that is not the case and that it's a non footballing reason. If it is, as has been rumoured on here, because of a training ground disagreement would hope that grown men could get together and resolve their differences for the good of the football club and stop acting like kids in a playground.

NorthNorfolkHFC
04-02-2014, 08:41 PM

I can't believe you've ever watched us then. Bring back Pat

Ryan69
04-02-2014, 08:43 PM
KT will get a chance! TB will throw a curve ball and give him a chance to shine one week...like Taiwo!
He's a fantastic player......And seems to have a hunger for the game! Plus if it don't work out here...he's unemployed! At very minimum shop windo
It's easily possible that he sorts his s***** out and leads us for rest of season. If attitude is right!

cmcd
04-02-2014, 08:44 PM
As I said the one touch story was from a neighbour of one of the current squad. I have no reason to disbelieve it, are you saying the story isn't true ?
Im not going to give you a hard time on here J What i have said is that too many posters who know nothing or hear second/third hand stories post nonsense and that will be proven in the near future

Ronniekirk
04-02-2014, 08:47 PM
ok then,what shall we expect to hear ??
You won't get a reply apart from watch this space in the near future .I wouldn't hold my breath :rolleyes:

Blaster
04-02-2014, 08:47 PM

I think we are playing better. Not great but better. But more importantly i am now looking forward to going to games again

RIP Bestie
04-02-2014, 08:52 PM
I think we are playing better. Not great but better. But more importantly i am now looking forward to going to games again
Is this because Thomson isn't playing?

jeffers
04-02-2014, 08:53 PM
Im not going to give you a hard time on here J What i have said is that too many posters who know nothing or hear second/third hand stories post nonsense and that will be proven in the near future

I like KT, I've already said I would have him in my team. If you know that the one touch story is untrue then say, I certainly won't view it as you giving me a hard time but correcting an inaccurate story.

Blaster
04-02-2014, 08:59 PM
Is this because Thomson isn't playing?

Not necessarily. Different style as much as certain personnel. I like Thomson but hasn't taken games by the scruff of the neck like i would expect someone with his quality to do.

Would certainly be in my matchday squad all things being equal.

RIP Bestie
04-02-2014, 09:08 PM
Not necessarily. Different style as much as certain personnel. I like Thomson but hasn't taken games by the scruff of the neck like i would expect someone with his quality to do.

Would certainly be in my matchday squad all things being equal.
I agree the style has changed but I wouldn't say it's what I want to watch. That's not to say I wanted to watch the fare on offer under Fenlon. I just think it is very unfair that people seem to think that Thomson wouldn't be an asset to us even with the current playing style. I agree with you 100% there has to be at least a place in the squad for someone of his ability.

Blaster
04-02-2014, 09:13 PM
I agree the style has changed but I wouldn't say it's what I want to watch. That's not to say I wanted to watch the fare on offer under Fenlon. I just think it is very unfair that people seem to think that Thomson wouldn't be an asset to us even with the current playing style. I agree with you 100% there has to be at least a place in the squad for someone of his ability.

I think that's why its better not great. The better for me is more crosses into the box, more attempts at goal and spending more time in opponents half. The great will hopefully come next season, if not this season, with doing it with pace and width and more football.

Back to topic tho and we do agree about Thomson!

SouthamptonHibs
04-02-2014, 09:30 PM
Hopefully KT gets another chance, we defo need a player of his quality in the 18 man team each week.
He doesn't always need to start but defo think he would be an asset when playing against the top six teams United, Aberdeen, Motherwell, ICT and St J's as we need to keep the ball better

147lothian
04-02-2014, 10:12 PM
Hopefully KT gets another chance, we defo need a player of his quality in the 18 man team each week.
He doesn't always need to start but defo think he would be an asset when playing against the top six teams United, Aberdeen, Motherwell, ICT and St J's as we need to keep the ball better

When it come's to games when we need to keep the ball, give good passes and break up opposition play, ie games against celtic, or when we want to hold a lead, we really could do with KT, I still think theres a role for him to proove himself

SouthamptonHibs
04-02-2014, 10:21 PM
When it come's to games when we need to keep the ball, give good passes and break up opposition play, ie games against celtic, or when we want to hold a lead, we really could do with KT, I still think theres a role for him to proove himself

Agreed. Defo an asset we need and should use for rest of season.

hibbysam
04-02-2014, 10:37 PM
Best midfielders in the SPFL?

Surely if he became available for nothing clubs would be all over Hibs for a piece of the midfield maestro?

Lucky it's not 'your' team, like you suggest as we'd be back playing Fenlon sideways passing.

I for one would like to keep our top goal scorer with 6 goals as we'd be scraping around the bottom of the table without his goals and assists.

Yes as I said one of the best passing midfielders in the league... I look around the league and no other CM in the league that I know of has the Europa League final experience, or the Scotland caps, or the league winners medals, or the experience of playing at the top level like Kevin has... Apart from maybe Scott Brown and his game isn't based on his passing ability.

I'm glad you enjoy watching the ball in the air for 90 minutes..

I'm sure 2 or 3 of those were penalties... I forgot none of the rest of our squad can hit penalties huh? Or maybe if we had someone of KT's experience away at Dundee Utd we maybe just would have had someone to put there foot on the ball, keep it, not panic and see the game out, rather than lump it long and hand the ball back.

It's not KT's fault if he picks the ball up and others aren't willing to move past him.. So instead of lumping it he keeps the ball instead, that's down to teammates rather than KT himself. He's not had any problems adjusting to high paced passing sides in the past so why would it be a problem now?

Butcher is there to manage the players he has, not have long running spats with our more experienced players.

But yes Liam Craig has been utter fantastic in that CM role the last few weeks hasn't he? Really grabbed matches like our captain should and won us a few points... Maybe not, he has hid and has been non existent since Utd away.

EskbankHibee
04-02-2014, 11:09 PM
Yes as I said one of the best passing midfielders in the league... I look around the league and no other CM in the league that I know of has the Europa League final experience, or the Scotland caps, or the league winners medals, or the experience of playing at the top level like Kevin has... Apart from maybe Scott Brown and his game isn't based on his passing ability.

I'm sure 2 or 3 of those were penalties... I forgot none of the rest of our squad can hit penalties huh? Or maybe if we had someone of KT's experience away at Dundee Utd we maybe just would have had someone to put there foot on the ball, keep it, not panic and see the game out, rather than lump it long and hand the ball back.

It's not KT's fault if he picks the ball up and others aren't willing to move past him.. So instead of lumping it he keeps the ball instead, that's down to teammates rather than KT himself. He's not had any problems adjusting to high paced passing sides in the past so why would it be a problem now?

Butcher is there to manage the players he has, not have long running spats with our more experienced players.

But yes Liam Craig has been utter fantastic in that CM role the last few weeks hasn't he? Really grabbed matches like our captain should and won us a few points... Maybe not, he has hid and has been non existent since Utd away.

Well said that man. The amount of p*sh people talk on here about tactics and fitting in with TB style of play.

It's very simple. We're playing *****e so let's give our best player a shot eh?

J-C
04-02-2014, 11:19 PM
I think anyone would be hard pushed to take Hibs by the scruff of the neck with Fenlons style of play, there was zero movement forward by anyone, so who was Thomson meant to pass to when everyone was static. Butcher likes to get men forward and onto channels, who better than KT to find the passes into the channels for the forward runners.

RIP Bestie
05-02-2014, 01:38 AM

Don't get me wrong, I am really happy with the appointment of the management team but I am concerned that, if it is true that there has been some sort of spat with Kevin Thomson, they have taken a stance like this with the player. Surely a good manager, in any business, would encourage his staff to challenge him if they had different ideas or opinions. Seems that if you do that with Mr Butcher your days are numbered. It's not exclusive to experienced players either. Maybe the main reason Ross Caldwell got shipped out on loan.

edinburghhibee
05-02-2014, 02:52 AM
I'll give the info what I have heard from one current player and another player on the KT situation take from it what you like. (Usually hearts **** response)

KT was offered a deal in china, sorted by Mr Killen, however decided against the move. Did have a few offers from other clubs however for one reason or another decided against these bids.

He has said that he won't be forced out of hibs for nothing as he decided to play for us for nowt last season.

Just to confirm if things stay as they are between KT and the managerial staff KT has no place at Hibernian.

TB and his team want us to play the way ICT played (no shock there) however KT doesn't fit into these plans unfortunately with the way he plays.

Aldo
05-02-2014, 05:58 AM
I have no intention of getting into a slagging match with anyone on here I said in the near future

Thing is we had all this out the other week. It'll end the exact same way..

If TB sees fitbtimplay him then so be it. If he doesn't well I trust his judgement.

No player is bigger than any team regardless of who they are.

flash
05-02-2014, 06:06 AM
Butcher out, Hibs.Net selection committee in.

NorthNorfolkHFC
05-02-2014, 06:33 AM
Well said that man. The amount of p*sh people talk on here about tactics and fitting in with TB style of play.

It's very simple. We're playing *****e so let's give our best player a shot eh?

It's a forum for opinions, can you not respect other peoples opinions and not refer to them as talking p**h.

It's not your decision, or mine, or anyone's on this forum.

NorthNorfolkHFC
05-02-2014, 06:35 AM

Butcher is there to pick the team.

I'll come back to you to ask about Kevin when we go on a nice wee run as of this weekend.

You never answered the question, why did nobody bite our arm off to get him as he's available?

Brightside
05-02-2014, 06:41 AM
Don't get me wrong, I am really happy with the appointment of the management team but I am concerned that, if it is true that there has been some sort of spat with Kevin Thomson, they have taken a stance like this with the player. Surely a good manager, in any business, would encourage his staff to challenge him if they had different ideas or opinions. Seems that if you do that with Mr Butcher your days are numbered. It's not exclusive to experienced players either. Maybe the main reason Ross Caldwell got shipped out on loan.

You think Ferguson, Wenger, Jose etc encourage players to challange them? Runnning a football team is very different from "any business". If a player talks back or refuses to follow instructions you should expect him to apologise or to prepare to leave the club.

Alex Trager
05-02-2014, 07:08 AM
You think Ferguson, Wenger, Jose etc encourage players to challange them? Runnning a football team is very different from "any business". If a player talks back or refuses to follow instructions you should expect him to apologise or to prepare to leave the club.

Exactly. What is it that people are expecting here?

You do realise Thomson, IF THE STORIES ARE TRUE, should be going cap in hand to butcher or whoever he upset and apologising. As one of our MORE EXPERIENCED players. He should realise he is not above the club.

We have had such problems in the past with big personalities being able to run free in the dressing room causing all sorts of hassle. Finally we get a manager in who tells players they are beneath him and rightly so.

Look at the likes of cassilas, he had a spat with Jose after being captain I think of real, he was dropped. You think totti would be allowed to rip the piss from the manager and still be handed a space in the Roma starting line up. Cause after all these guys are some of the best in the world.

I certainly am not doubting Kevin's ability, but I am more than happy with his current exclusion if he is playing billy big baws. He needs taught a lesson.

For those of you desperate to get him back in the fold think about if you want him having his way over our manager and starting yet another revolt of sorts, and players thinking they can piss all over the manager.

I really am struggling to see why this is still going on. It is as simple as I've just put it. He plays ball, and he gets a game. He doesn't. And he doesn't.
If his ego is too large to suppress then I'm happy to see him go.

It is definitely NOT up to the manager to go asking Thomson to play. Have a word if you think so. My god.

Beefster
05-02-2014, 07:13 AM
It's amazing the personal abuse you get away with on here if your post count is high enough. No need.

Given the poster being called a 'fud' only seems to pop up to give abuse to a Hibs player and wanted Hibs to get beat in last year's cup final, I think it's an apt description. I'd think the same if it was someone with 10 posts calling him it.

keep the faith
05-02-2014, 07:28 AM
Given the poster being called a 'fud' only seems to pop up to give abuse to a Hibs player and wanted Hibs to get beat in last year's cup final, I think it's an apt description. I'd think the same if it was someone with 10 posts calling him it.

This is true. The KT hating seems very personal and relentless at times from some....

lapsedhibee
05-02-2014, 07:36 AM
This is true. The KT hating seems very personal and relentless at times from some....

The KT love-in can be quite relentless too though. Quite surprised no-one's suggested yet that the row with MM was a result of him being badly advised.

keep the faith
05-02-2014, 07:47 AM
The KT love-in can be quite relentless too though. Quite surprised no-one's suggested yet that the row with MM was a result of him being badly advised.

:-D

ahibby
05-02-2014, 07:53 AM
In my opinion KT did not improve us. He is not particularly fast and the positives which posters have brought up on here are not current but historic. In the past, he played for Scotland, in the past he was in a team that won the league etc etc. Well you could add to that and say that in the past he was part of a good young Hibs side. We need to look now and see what he brings to the table. Sure he has experience but for me he didn't use it well enough when he had his chance, he was often caught in possession IIRC. Some say that it was because of a lack of movement in front of him but other midfielders managed better. I admit to being negative about playing to many young players as consistency is and always has been lacking in young teams but I for one would rather play youngsters than KT. I haven't seen KT play under TB and I am curious as to how that would go but I shouldn't even think of that when TB doesn't want to use him, it seems. I am not a huge fan of Robertson but he is quicker than KT and Craig although not quicker at least has scored this season and doesn't get caught in possession as much.

ahibby
05-02-2014, 07:54 AM

KT of MM badly advised?

lapsedhibee
05-02-2014, 07:58 AM
KT of MM badly advised?

KT. Probably not his fault when (if) he said that he doesn't do one-touch football.

ahibby
05-02-2014, 08:04 AM
KT. Probably not his fault when (if) he said that he doesn't do one-touch football.

Surely you do what the coach tells you otherwise your dropped, no? If not then the players would be running things. When I played one touch was part of the norm. I found it difficult to be honest but the benefits were there to be seen. I noticed Celtic playing quite a lot of one touch when playing one twos, I remember Hibs players taking two touches in similar situations, so I wonder if the one touch thing is really happening much.

blackpoolhibs
05-02-2014, 08:21 AM
Why is this fantastic player not been snapped up by an other team?

Especially when he'd not cost that club a penny in transfer fee's? :confused:

lapsedhibee
05-02-2014, 08:26 AM
Surely you do what the coach tells you otherwise your dropped, no? If not then the players would be running things. When I played one touch was part of the norm. I found it difficult to be honest but the benefits were there to be seen. I noticed Celtic playing quite a lot of one touch when playing one twos, I remember Hibs players taking two touches in similar situations, so I wonder if the one touch thing is really happening much.

Yes, true, but KT's still a relatively young man. And who among us can honestly say that when asked to perform a basic skill like that at our work, a skill essential to the success of the enterprise, we haven't told our boss to **** off?

hibsbollah
05-02-2014, 08:28 AM
Leaving all rumours of him being a bad influence to one side, he just isnt playing as well as Craig or Robertson this season and so doesnt deserve to unseat either of them. Simple as that.

Add Taiwo's excellent performance vs Celtc to the situation and the case for bringing him back looks weaker and weaker.

J-C
05-02-2014, 08:31 AM
As an anchor man/deep lying playmaker in the team why would anyone ask Thomson to play one touch, surely the point of a player like Thomson is his ability to tackle, get the ball, then distribute said ball. Under Fenlon we zero players making forward runs, so Thomson had no one to pass too except sideways or back, under Butcher, players are making loads of forward runs into channels, surely someone of Thomson's passing ability is being wasted here, or am I missing something.:confused:

blackpoolhibs
05-02-2014, 08:39 AM
As an anchor man/deep lying playmaker in the team why would anyone ask Thomson to play one touch, surely the point of a player like Thomson is his ability to tackle, get the ball, then distribute said ball. Under Fenlon we zero players making forward runs, so Thomson had no one to pass too except sideways or back, under Butcher, players are making loads of forward runs into channels, surely someone of Thomson's passing ability is being wasted here, or am I missing something.:confused:

Butcher has mainly gone with Robertson and Craig in the middle, Craig has chipped in with goals although his recent form has not been the best. And Robertson has been one of our best players.

Thomson has NEVER taken a game by the scruff of the neck since returning, he's had a couple of good performances, but we don't have the Kevin Thomson we had 1st time round, and he's hardly made an impression since coming back.

Baldy Foghorn
05-02-2014, 08:51 AM
Butcher has mainly gone with Robertson and Craig in the middle, Craig has chipped in with goals although his recent form has not been the best. And Robertson has been one of our best players.

Thomson has NEVER taken a game by the scruff of the neck since returning, he's had a couple of good performances, but we don't have the Kevin Thomson we had 1st time round, and he's hardly made an impression since coming back.

Indeed, and i tend to go with TB/MM's thoughts on this issue, as they see the player in training, and know what he is doing on a daily basis, if he is pushing for a starting berth, then I'm sure he would be given it....

J-C
05-02-2014, 09:12 AM

Unfortunately Tb is playing 4-4-2 for some weird reason, at ICT he played 4-2-3-1 where Thomson would fit right in and allow Craig to be played in his natural position as an attacking midfielder but if the stories are true about his spat with MM, then no matter what we say here, it looks like he isn't being considered due to this.

ahibby
05-02-2014, 09:27 AM

The point of one touch is not so that you always play one touch it's something you sometimes are better to do when opponents play a full pitch press and if you have practiced it then you are better at it when it's required.

ahibby
05-02-2014, 09:32 AM
Yes, true, but KT's still a relatively young man. And who among us can honestly say that when asked to perform a basic skill like that at our work, a skill essential to the success of the enterprise, we haven't told our boss to **** off?

Me, never at work and never in training. I was told to play one touch games on fifty by fifty pitches when I played for Nairn Star, I hated it, it wasn't natural and it took a while to get used to it but we fell back on it when we were being pressed in matches. It became second nature when required. There is no harm in doing it in training as it doesn't mean you always must play one touch. Being a relatively young man you would think that he'd be prepared to listen to people who have their coaching badges. Of course this story about refusing to do one touch is still only rumour.

J-C
05-02-2014, 10:35 AM
Me, never at work and never in training. I was told to play one touch games on fifty by fifty pitches when I played for Nairn Star, I hated it, it wasn't natural and it took a while to get used to it but we fell back on it when we were being pressed in matches. It became second nature when required. There is no harm in doing it in training as it doesn't mean you always must play one touch. Being a relatively young man you would think that he'd be prepared to listen to people who have their coaching badges. Of course this story about refusing to do one touch is still only rumour.

This.

TBH I'd be surprised if Kevin has never practised or played one touch football in his entire career, most clubs will do routines where one touch is required, I think there's more in this than just refusing to play one touch.

blackpoolhibs
05-02-2014, 10:53 AM
Kevin Thomsons return is beginning to turn into the 2nd coming, when in reality its been average at best. The players who have replaced him have all contributed much more than he has since coming back.

delbert
05-02-2014, 11:02 AM
Why is this fantastic player not been snapped up by an other team?

Especially when he'd not cost that club a penny in transfer fee's? :confused:

Maybe because other clubs tends to agree with Butcher and Malpas, that he is not actually a fantastic footballer or anything like it, he is decent and at times can be very good but fantastic ? That's not the player I have seen since he came back.

OsloHibs
05-02-2014, 11:18 AM
I would always pick Kevin. MY OPINION. I really don't understand what has went wrong, but it needs to get sorted. And Kevin needs to be back in the team again.

NorthNorfolkHFC
05-02-2014, 11:42 AM
I would always pick Kevin. MY OPINION. I really don't understand what has went wrong, but it needs to get sorted. And Kevin needs to be back in the team again.

Playing devil's advocate, maybe you wouldn't pick him IF the stories are true about his attitude. I also recall Watty Smith questioning his attitude as well.

The second part, it doesn't NEED to be sorted as nothing is broken. He doesn't NEED to be in the team as he has no divine right to be there.

Yes, he's some experience playing in Europe and winning leagues and cups but it was only with Rangers in the Scottish league. Outwith that he only has three caps and scored 6 goals.

I understand that Thomson played in a good Hibs side under Mogga but I judt don't get the love in for him as a player and as a guy.

Kato
05-02-2014, 11:45 AM

Are you sure you're not exagerating slightly?

Surely a good manager, in any business, would encourage his staff to challenge him if they had different ideas or opinions.

No. Sometimes in footbal when a new manager arrives the first one to get the bullet is the first one who challenges heir authority. Getting rid of the biggest personality in the dressing room shows who's boss.

EskbankHibee
05-02-2014, 02:14 PM
Are you sure you're not exagerating slightly?

No. Sometimes in footbal when a new manager arrives the first one to get the bullet is the first one who challenges heir authority. Getting rid of the biggest personality in the dressing room shows who's boss.

I'm glad we've got so many experienced managers on here who know how to handle a changing room and are tactically astute at the same time.

TB has played hoofball from day one. I'm happy to wait and see though as he's only been able to play with the cards he's been dealt.

Kato
05-02-2014, 02:21 PM
I'm glad we've got so many experienced managers on here.....

That includes yourself no doubt since you seem to know better than the professionals who are in the training centre and work with the players every day.

It's a well known trait of managers new ni a post to get rid of whoever has the biggest voice in the dressing room.

Brightside
05-02-2014, 02:21 PM

KT doesnt work in an office. People need to stop making these comparisons. Its terry butcher thats in charge and you do what you're told or you get yourself out of Dodge.

EskbankHibee
05-02-2014, 02:29 PM
That includes yourself no doubt since you seem to know better than the professionals who are in the training centre and work with the players every day.

It's a well known trait of managers new ni a post to get rid of whoever has the biggest voice in the dressing room.

I questioned the decision to release KT. I was then called a yam for doing so. People on here have been quick to write off his ability and hailing TB's style of play. Ridiculous as we don't know the facts yet

lapsedhibee
05-02-2014, 02:31 PM
Being a relatively young man you would think that he'd be prepared to listen to people who have their coaching badges. Of course this story about refusing to do one touch is still only rumour.

KT doesnt work in an office. People need to stop making these comparisons. Its terry butcher thats in charge and you do what you're told or you get yourself out of Dodge.

I'm sure it won't be Kevin's fault. His head'll have been turned by others.

Kato
05-02-2014, 03:20 PM
I questioned the decision to release KT. I was then called a yam for doing so.

Really? Who did that?

People on here have been quick to write off his ability and hailing TB's style of play.

I think KT has ability. That ability is tempered with his age and his record of injuries. I certainly don't see the same player that left us and don't recall many highlights that he provided over the course of the first half of the season that made him an automatic shoe-in for selection now. Hibs midfield play was pretty turgid between Aug and Nov.

As far as TBs' style of play is concerned I don't see hoofball/route one being played at all. Nothing wrong with getting the ball out the wings fast and playing high up the park - in fact that was a hallmark of Turnbull's style.

Saying that it's very early days and part of what TB says he wants is "quality possesion in the opposition's half" - so once he has the personel to put that into practice I'm sure everyone will be happier.

Ridiculous as we don't know the facts yet

Not really interested in what goes on behind closed doors at East Mains. People who think "the fans should be told" these type of things do the club zero favours and come accross as the worst kind of curtain twitcher. Spilling those type of beans is grist to those journos who can't wait to talk Hibs down.

KT's future is of minor interest to me as all I want is for Hibs to improve. I'm sure he'll do well if he leaves and if TB includes him further down the line then I'll support him like I do every Hibs player.

Aldo
05-02-2014, 04:20 PM
I questioned the decision to release KT. I was then called a yam for doing so. People on here have been quick to write off his ability and hailing TB's style of play. Ridiculous as we don't know the facts yet

I will say this that when KT was in the team and under PF we hardly created ant chances and were on the back foot for most of the game.

KT on his game and in the right frame of mind has the ability to be one of the best MF players in the league.

Just because he was good doesn't mean he still is good for the team. I have said this on here that signing KT was a superb piece of business but a player of his (alleged) quality should be stamping his authority on games , not playing when he feel likes.

As for hoofball. If that means, to an extent getting the ball and men into the box and creating chances then at this moment in time I am happy with that.

You clearly don't rate TB as manager so tell me who you would have managing the team.

Thecat23
05-02-2014, 04:36 PM
I will say this that when KT was in the team and under PF we hardly created ant chances and were on the back foot for most of the game.

KT on his game and in the right frame of mind has the ability to be one of the best MF players in the league.

Just because he was good doesn't mean he still is good for the team. I have said this on here that signing KT was a superb piece of business but a player of his (alleged) quality should be stamping his authority on games , not playing when he feel likes.

As for hoofball. If that means, to an extent getting the ball and men into the box and creating chances then at this moment in time I am happy with that.

You clearly don't rate TB as manager so tell me who you would have managing the team.

This.

Not entirely sure what EB is on about to be fair. I've seen us play plenty football and not hoof ball. Funny how people view games.

Kevin will play again for us that I'm sure of. He wanted out in jan but didn't get a move. Folk who think the argument with MM was all a myth make me laugh. An argument did happen folk have friends who are players etc.. And also Kevin will no doubt be honest if asked. It happens in football everyday up and down the country. Some players come back players between their legs others move on. Kevin is a very good player who I personally think would improve out midfield if we play faster football using the wings and the channels. He can still play a roll for Hibs but it's now up to him to show he wants too. If he does he will play!

jdships
05-02-2014, 04:37 PM
Kevin Thomsons return is beginning to turn into the 2nd coming, when in reality its been average at best. The players who have replaced him have all contributed much more than he has since coming back.

Agree with what you write especially the highlighted bit .!!
I wonder if the fact that he " broke thro'" at the same time as Brown,Fletcher et al made him look a better player than he really was ?
Have always just been 90.0% convinced he was top class -ldn't bring myself to say he was TOP RATED

:flag:

EskbankHibee
05-02-2014, 04:52 PM
Really? Who did that?

I think KT has ability. That ability is tempered with his age and his record of injuries. I certainly don't see the same player that left us and don't recall many highlights that he provided over the course of the first half of the season that made him an automatic shoe-in for selection now. Hibs midfield play was pretty turgid between Aug and Nov.

As far as TBs' style of play is concerned I don't see hoofball/route one being played at all. Nothing wrong with getting the ball out the wings fast and playing high up the park - in fact that was a hallmark of Turnbull's style.

Saying that it's very early days and part of what TB says he wants is "quality possesion in the opposition's half" - so once he has the personel to put that into practice I'm sure everyone will be happier.

Not really interested in what goes on behind closed doors at East Mains. People who think "the fans should be told" these type of things do the club zero favours and come accross as the worst kind of curtain twitcher. Spilling those type of beans is grist to those journos who can't wait to talk Hibs down.

KT's future is of minor interest to me as all I want is for Hibs to improve. I'm sure he'll do well if he leaves and if TB includes him further down the line then I'll support him like I do every Hibs player.

:top marks

oconnors_strip
05-02-2014, 05:10 PM
Stv news have a report coming on about kevin, should be on in next 5 mins

TheFamous1875
05-02-2014, 05:19 PM
Stv news have a report coming on about kevin, should be on in next 5 mins

Tried to watch it but my telly bugger up - what's the score?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

B.H.F.C
05-02-2014, 05:25 PM
Tried to watch it but my telly bugger up - what's the score?

Just him saying he wants to fight for his place. Turned down two offers elsewhere as they didn't appeal to him.

TheFamous1875
05-02-2014, 05:26 PM
Just him saying he wants to fight for his place. Turned down two offers elsewhere as they didn't appeal to him.

Surely if Hibs are having him do press he's in contention now? He's better than Liam Craig at the Kevin Thomson role IMO.. :wink:

Alex Trager
05-02-2014, 05:28 PM
Good to see he's willing to fight for his place.

TheFamous1875
05-02-2014, 05:37 PM
Did he mention why he's not been in the squad, or allude to any allegations such as 'one-touchgate'? :wink:

Steven_Hibs
05-02-2014, 05:57 PM
I still think he's better than Craig and Robertson. Someone on here saying they see no hoofball, what? Really? That's all Craig done vs St Mirren. Thomson is a good asset to us, hopefully he forces his way back into the team.

Steven_Hibs
05-02-2014, 05:58 PM
Did he mention why he's not been in the squad, or allude to any allegations such as 'one-touchgate'? :wink:

Or playoutwidegate :greengrin

cmcd
05-02-2014, 06:35 PM
You won't get a reply apart from watch this space in the near future .I wouldn't hold my breath :rolleyes:

What was it i said again Oh yes i remember now Watch this space I could have said KT wants to stay and fight for his place now that he is on his way back to fitness but then again i would have been slated for it All this KT is not a Hibs fan He will be back at Ibrox soon He is not good enough ALL COMPLETE NONSENSE KT has always been a Hibee so lets get behind him

OsloHibs
05-02-2014, 06:53 PM
Playing devil's advocate, maybe you wouldn't pick him IF the stories are true about his attitude. I also recall Watty Smith questioning his attitude as well.

The second part, it doesn't NEED to be sorted as nothing is broken. He doesn't NEED to be in the team as he has no divine right to be there.

Yes, he's some experience playing in Europe and winning leagues and cups but it was only with Rangers in the Scottish league. Outwith that he only has three caps and scored 6 goals.

I understand that Thomson played in a good Hibs side under Mogga but I judt don't get the love in for him as a player and as a guy.

Of course it needs sorting out, just like so many other footballers before him who have been frozen out and are playing for their club now.
And as for his 'attitude' - show me a modern day footballer who doesn't have an attitude! I take it you don't read twitter much...
I think kevin is a good player, and hope to see back playing for us once again.

erin-go-bragh87
05-02-2014, 06:57 PM
I still think he's better than Craig and Robertson. Someone on here saying they see no hoofball, what? Really? That's all Craig done vs St Mirren. Thomson is a good asset to us, hopefully he forces his way back into the team.

I agree 100%, I'd definitely have him in the middle of the park with either of the other two.

hibbeedavid
05-02-2014, 06:57 PM
Id like to think we'll see KT back in a Hibs jersey again, as he's a quality player, just don't see it happening, there's obviously something not right. I just don't buy the whole 'he doesn't fit into a fast attacking system' thing, KT was an integral part of the fastest most attacking minded Hibs team I've seen in my lifetime

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NorthNorfolkHFC
05-02-2014, 07:04 PM
Of course it needs sorting out, just like so many other footballers before him who have been frozen out and are playing for their club now.
And as for his 'attitude' - show me a modern day footballer who doesn't have an attitude! I take it you don't read twitter much...
I think kevin is a good player, and hope to see back playing for us once again.

Aye, the majority know how to use twitter effectively. Unfortunately there are a few idiots, same as most professions.

Kevin was a good player but has done very little (in my opinion) since he's been back.

Footballers sometimes get frozen out and usually find another club, even some of the ones with ability. You just have to look at the top end with guys such as Beckham or more recently Mata. Chelsea fans were enraged about him leaving but now have forgotten since they beat City. Our 'fickle' fans are no different.

That said, I'm glad he's willing to fight for a place in Terry's team and I fully trust Terry to make the correct decision when utilising his talents. My thoughts as a cynic are that his statement is to make sure he plays and gets a decent move in the summer. I may be unfairly wide of the mark though.

blackpoolhibs
05-02-2014, 07:11 PM
I keep reading that Kevin Thomson is better than what we have, and such a good player. Well what has he done since returning to the club, that's so much better than those who have replaced him?

Why don't other much better clubs than us want him, he was available?

Baldy Foghorn
05-02-2014, 07:12 PM
Id like to think we'll see KT back in a Hibs jersey again, as he's a quality player, just don't see it happening, there's obviously something not right. I just don't buy the whole 'he doesn't fit into a fast attacking system' thing, KT was an integral part of the fastest most attacking minded Hibs team I've seen in my lifetime

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nobody really knows the full extent of what has been said or happened between all parties to reach this stand off. What needs to happen is for KT to buckle down, work harder in training, and see if he can turn a negative situation into a positive one.....

Jonnyboy
05-02-2014, 07:14 PM
I've been offline for a few days due to internet connection problems but once up and running again I picked this thread as one to read. Not sure why because it was always going to turn into a 'he should/shouldn't be in team' debate.

Frankly, I'm tired of it. KT is a decent player and if he buckles down and does his best in training (which he more or less said in the STV interview) then he should be considered when the squad is being selected for games. That consideration should be of equal standing with any other player on the books. I see no reason to treat him differently if the decision is made on footballing grounds.

Baldy Foghorn
05-02-2014, 07:16 PM
I've been offline for a few days due to internet connection problems but once up and running again I picked this thread as one to read. Not sure why because it was always going to turn into a 'he should/shouldn't be in team' debate.

Frankly, I'm tired of it. KT is a decent player and if he buckles down and does his best in training (which he more or less said in the STV interview) then he should be considered when the squad is being selected for games. That consideration should be of equal standing with any other player on the books. I see no reason to treat him differently if the decision is made on footballing grounds.

Part in bold absolutely spot on JC.......:top marks

cmcd
05-02-2014, 07:18 PM
Nobody really knows the full extent of what has been said or happened between all parties to reach this stand off. What needs to happen is for KT to buckle down, work harder in training, and see if he can turn a negative situation into a positive one.....
Spot ON At last a post with a bit of common sense

Aldo
05-02-2014, 07:21 PM

It's alrite saying he's better but he has to fit into a team. And fwiw every team plays long balls.... I think the person was replying to someone stating that's all we played.

What was it i said again Oh yes i remember now Watch this space I could have said KT wants to stay and fight for his place now that he is on his way back to fitness but then again i would have been slated for it All this KT is not a Hibs fan He will be back at Ibrox soon He is not good enough ALL COMPLETE NONSENSE KT has always been a Hibee so lets get behind him

I think everyone on here knew KT was staying by 11pm on Friday as he didn't move on. It's not about not getting behind him it's about how he fits into the team. As I have said before KT on his game has the ability to be one of the best players in the league but I can count on 2 fingers how many good games or games he has stamped his authority since his return.

All you have done is take what he has said in the news and posted it on here.

As for your ALL COMPLETE NONSENSE people have opinions but because you like them they are wrong!!!

I agree 100%, I'd definitely have him in the middle of the park with either of the other two.

KT will have to adapt and show his quality or his alleged quality. A player of his ability needs to take control and he's not done this.

Craig has been poor for weeks and needs dropped but as others have mentioned he can score.... Something KT has not done. As for Robertson... He gives us an energy and none stop running as well as a goal threat.

At this moment I don't know where KT will fit in... Which is a real shame

RIP Bestie
05-02-2014, 08:20 PM
Exactly. What is it that people are expecting here?

You do realise Thomson, IF THE STORIES ARE TRUE, should be going cap in hand to butcher or whoever he upset and apologising. As one of our MORE EXPERIENCED players. He should realise he is not above the club.

We have had such problems in the past with big personalities being able to run free in the dressing room causing all sorts of hassle. Finally we get a manager in who tells players they are beneath him and rightly so.

Look at the likes of cassilas, he had a spat with Jose after being captain I think of real, he was dropped. You think totti would be allowed to rip the piss from the manager and still be handed a space in the Roma starting line up. Cause after all these guys are some of the best in the world.

I certainly am not doubting Kevin's ability, but I am more than happy with his current exclusion if he is playing billy big baws. He needs taught a lesson.

For those of you desperate to get him back in the fold think about if you want him having his way over our manager and starting yet another revolt of sorts, and players thinking they can piss all over the manager.

I really am struggling to see why this is still going on. It is as simple as I've just put it. He plays ball, and he gets a game. He doesn't. And he doesn't.
If his ego is too large to suppress then I'm happy to see him go.

It is definitely NOT up to the manager to go asking Thomson to play. Have a word if you think so. My god.
Aye ok. Hand up who all thought it was good management when McLeish sacked Latapy before the 2001 cup final. The manager has an obligation to do what's best for the club. In my opinion he's not on this occasion.

3pm
06-02-2014, 06:48 AM
http://scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/hibs-kevin-thomson-rubbishes-talk-of-malpas-rift-1-3296067

keep the faith
06-02-2014, 07:10 AM
[QUOTE=3pm;3898625][url]http://scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/hibs-kevin

Great to hear the rumours being put to bed and KT showing a real desire to play for us. I still reckon he can be a bit part of things if selected.

Shrekko
06-02-2014, 07:33 AM
http://scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/hibs-kevin-thomson-rubbishes-talk-of-malpas-rift-1-3296067

Great attitude- well done Kevin!

Ronniekirk
06-02-2014, 07:39 AM

I have never questioned his affection for the club or the fact he is a hibs supporter.The key bits in this Scotsman article are the fact 1) it is acknowledging that T B want to play game at a higher tempo than is suited to Thompsons game. 2) K T himself is acknowledging that with the addition of three new players he may be even further down the pecking order.

What he is making clear is that he is prepared to knuckle down and look to impress in training and under 20 s games .the niggling injury referred to won't have helped him but it still remains to be seen if TB feels he can play to this higher tempo or whether other players get opportunities ahead of him .Watch this Space :confused:

Shrekko
06-02-2014, 07:50 AM
I have never questioned his affection for the club or the fact he is a hibs supporter.The key bits in this Scotsman article are the fact 1) it is acknowledging that T B want to play game at a higher tempo than is suited to Thompsons game. 2) K T himself is acknowledging that with the addition of three new players he may be even further down the pecking order.

What he is making clear is that he is prepared to knuckle down and look to impress in training and under 20 s games .the niggling injury referred to won't have helped him but it still remains to be seen if TB feels he can play to this higher tempo or whether other players get opportunities ahead of him .Watch this Space :confused:
This new 'higher tempo' game that involves Liam Craig changing from dynamic forward thinking midfielder to 'sitting' player that rarely moves 10 yards in front of the centre halfs and playing sideways passes?

flash
06-02-2014, 08:07 AM
looks to me as though that article is a good time to draw a line under the whole thing and move on.

Ronniekirk
06-02-2014, 08:15 AM
This new 'higher tempo' game that involves Liam Craig changing from dynamic forward thinking midfielder to 'sitting' player that rarely moves 10 yards in front of the centre halfs and playing sideways passes?

T B now has players back from injury and suspension and new additions, so think we need to put last few games behind us and look at how he integrates new players then we will get clearer picture .its been well documented on here how Craig's form has been poor in last few games and T B will be aware of this .

Reaper
06-02-2014, 08:17 AM

Ronnie your wasting your time mate. Yer no allowed tae have opinions on KT that don't conform to his Peebles fan club views!

ahibby
06-02-2014, 08:19 AM
KT is a Hibee but we all know that through this season we had a problem scoring goals. Both Robertson and Craig, although I am not a huge fan of the former, carry greater goal threats than KT. TB has probably left him out for that reason as much as anything else.

Golden Bear
06-02-2014, 08:45 AM

Well said Kev.

Onwards and upwards is a great attitude to have.

:thumbsup:

Weir7
06-02-2014, 09:00 AM

And smashing the ball at a hundred mph 100 feet in the air.

Cocaine&Caviar
06-02-2014, 09:04 AM
Going forward I'd quite like to see:

Williams
Forster
Hanlon
McGivern
Stevenson

Robertson
Thomson

Harris
Craig
Staunton

Collins.

Weir7
06-02-2014, 09:09 AM

Re your point 1 bathgate aint got a clue he says kt couldn't play a high tempo game at his peak. And it aint suited to his game.

Buthcher doesn't play a high tempo gane its kick and rushh with no control of the game or football.

Mogga played a high tempo game.

Weir7
06-02-2014, 09:17 AM

Williams
Forster
Hanlon
McGivern
Stevenson

Robertson
Thomson

Harris
Craig
Staunton

Collins.

Good team. Attractive attacking midfield 3

cmcd
06-02-2014, 09:37 AM
Ronnie your wasting your time mate. Yer no allowed tae have opinions on KT that don't conform to his Peebles fan club views!
I have no problem with people having opinions What i have a problem with is all the untruths some posters come out with here and for what reason I dont understand I for one have never come on this forum and said anything i was unsure about If i was unsure i just would not post I have not seen KTs interview on tv (no STV in the borders) but i have read his story in the press this morning which backs up my post Watch this space As i have asked before lets put this nonsense to bed and support EVERYONE in a Hibs shirt

jacomo
06-02-2014, 09:49 AM

Williams
Forster
Hanlon
McGivern
Stevenson

Robertson
Thomson

Harris
Craig
Staunton

Collins.

I'm all for an attacking line up, but if you instruct our keeper + entire back four to go forward as well, we'll concede way too many goals.

keep the faith
06-02-2014, 10:00 AM
I have no problem with people having opinions What i have a problem with is all the untruths some posters come out with here and for what reason I dont understand I for one have never come on this forum and said anything i was unsure about If i was unsure i just would not post I have not seen KTs interview on tv (no STV in the borders) but i have read his story in the press this morning which backs up my post Watch this space As i have asked before lets put this nonsense to bed and support EVERYONE in a Hibs shirt

Hear Hear!

Aldo
06-02-2014, 10:02 AM

So basically unless they post what you want or what you think it's right then it's a lie and not true.

It's quite galling really that you think that folk post stuff they are unsure of yet everything you post is ok cos your sure about it.

Strange contradiction.

I will agree that we should get behind all the players which most folk do.

Potty78
06-02-2014, 10:09 AM
So kt is saying no bust up, yet others who are close to him say there has been. Interesting. Anyway my opinion is, if he I'd prepared to work hard then he should be considered. Onwards and upwards!

jacomo
06-02-2014, 10:15 AM
So kt is saying no bust up, yet others who are close to him say there has been. Interesting. Anyway my opinion is, if he I'd prepared to work hard then he should be considered. Onwards and upwards!

Katie is clearly trying to mend bridges. We should all recognise his interview as an attempt to do that... I would hope the management team will not bear grudges and will assess him on his own merits.

cmcd
06-02-2014, 10:33 AM
So basically unless they post what you want or what you think it's right then it's a lie and not true.

It's quite galling really that you think that folk post stuff they are unsure of yet everything you post is ok cos your sure about it.

Strange contradiction.

I will agree that we should get behind all the players which most folk do.
You and i Know that people come on here and for whatever reason make comments that are totally untrue I feel that if you are not sure then you are better saying nothing at all Is it not time to put this thread to bed ?

jacomo
06-02-2014, 10:34 AM
You and i Know that people come on here and for whatever reason make comments that are totally untrue I feel that if you are not sure then you are better saying nothing at all Is it not time to put this thread to bed ?

Thanks Katie.

Aldo
06-02-2014, 10:39 AM

Thing is it's a forum and folk post stuff for many reasons. There are a few folk on here that post stuff that is not far from the truth.

I would say that people leave themselves wide open at constantly shooting other folk down about what they post.

If folk aren't happy then they shouldn't bother posting or reading fans forums.

Put to bed as you say!!

J-C
06-02-2014, 10:39 AM

Williams
Forster
Hanlon
McGivern
Stevenson

Robertson
Thomson

Harris
Craig
Staunton

Collins.

Finally someone with some sense posting a team that we should be playing and in a system that TB used at ICT, still can't understand why he insists on 4-4-2 when we don't have the quality to play that way.

Allant1981
06-02-2014, 10:59 AM
Finally someone with some sense posting a team that we should be playing and in a system that TB used at ICT, still can't understand why he insists on 4-4-2 when we don't have the quality to play that way.

Good team but none of the new players, cant see him not starting at least 1 of them

J-C
06-02-2014, 11:01 AM
Good team but none of the new players, cant see him not starting at least 1 of them

Wasn't so much the players but the system i was agreeing with, having the extra 3 players is a nice headache to have :greengrin

Reaper
06-02-2014, 11:36 AM

I had an opinion on KT in the last thread about him and was shot down by you and Iceman claiming it was a personal dig. So in actual fact you do have a problem with people's opinion if they don't join a KT love in. As for his interview I don't think you should be pointing that out as a reason for people to change htheir mind bearing in mind his history with media 'Mis-quotes'. Supporting Hibs means supporting the 11 on the park. If that includes KT so be it, but people not liking him or agreeing with his inclusion doesn't necessarily mean they aren't supporting Hibs. I will never support KT on an individual basis as I simply don't like him but if TB chooses to include him I still support the team.

bigwheel
06-02-2014, 01:52 PM
I had an opinion on KT in the last thread about him and was shot down by you and Iceman claiming it was a personal dig. So in actual fact you do have a problem with people's opinion if they don't join a KT love in. As for his interview I don't think you should be pointing that out as a reason for people to change htheir mind bearing in mind his history with media 'Mis-quotes'. Supporting Hibs means supporting the 11 on the park. If that includes KT so be it, but people not liking him or agreeing with his inclusion doesn't necessarily mean they aren't supporting Hibs. I will never support KT on an individual basis as I simply don't like him but if TB chooses to include him I still support the team.

Everyone can have their personal opinions, but the interview with him in the evening news today is pretty much the perfect interview I would want from any Hibs player currently not in the starting 11. Surely no one can have a problem with his current attitude and behaviour - perfect, Hibs focussed professionalism!

Tom Hart RIP
06-02-2014, 02:02 PM
Butcher says he is delighted that KT wants back in the team and has not featured since St J game due to injury. He says that he just has to get fit and prove it in training. No player has been told they won't feature again and cited TT as perfect example.
He also emphatically denies any busy up with MM.

Kato
06-02-2014, 02:13 PM
Everyone can have their perusal opinions, but the interview with him in the evening news today is pretty much the perfect interview I would want from any Hibs player currently not in the starting 11. Surely no one can have a problem with his current attitude and behaviour - perfect, Hibs focussed professionalism!

Totally agree.

EskbankHibee
06-02-2014, 03:52 PM
Yeah mate and who was the other guy that claimed to be ITK about Thomson's feud with MM. I got shot down for saying he should be given a chance. Now that TB has said Thomson has another chance can we see these guys come on here and eat humble pie?

Thecat23
06-02-2014, 03:59 PM
Right let me get this straight. I get told from 2 different Hibs players about them arguing at training. Nothing major just KT didn't agree with how MM wanted to play a quick one touch game. I know KT brother in law who said it happened. KT tells the press it "didn't" so now it never happened?

Some folk love to believe anything in the press. This did happen and if that upsets some people so be it. KT and management will have wanted this defused quick as possible. I think he'll play again and it's just one of many things that happen at clubs up and down the country.

For the record I AM SURE about this and not posting for the sake as others may seem to think.

EskbankHibee
06-02-2014, 04:01 PM
The problem is folk think they've got a right to say what they want on here because they've got more posts than others. In actual fact they don't have a clue or a life for that matter

Thecat23
06-02-2014, 04:07 PM
The problem is folk think they've got a right to say what they want on here because they've got more posts than others. In actual fact they don't have a clue or a life for that matter

Yeah there are wind up merchants on here sadly and every board had them. Post counts mean nothing to me as it's about trust. If folk are always ripping us I tend to ignore them as more than not Prob end up found out. It bugs me when folk have genuine info but get shot down. Fair dos if they don't believe it but to then call us liars gets on my nerves. Not saying you just folk in general.

jeffers
06-02-2014, 04:24 PM
Yeah there are wind up merchants on here sadly and every board had them. Post counts mean nothing to me as it's about trust. If folk are always ripping us I tend to ignore them as more than not Prob end up found out. It bugs me when folk have genuine info but get shot down. Fair dos if they don't believe it but to then call us liars gets on my nerves. Not saying you just folk in general.

For what it is worth your posts imo have a lot of credibility and I also heard the same story re the KT/MM bust up. I've already posted that on this thread, it came from the neighbour of one of the players and I believe what I was told.

I know there are some people on this board who do not rate KT, some have never forgiven him for what happened when he left, but I am not one of them. I have always liked him as as player and want to see him in the team. I was merely sharing with others on the board what I had been told.

Kato
06-02-2014, 04:32 PM

Ooooooh, get her!!

Billy Whizz
06-02-2014, 04:37 PM
For what it is worth your posts imo have a lot of credibility and I also heard the same story re the KT/MM bust up. I've already posted that on this thread, it came from the neighbour of one of the players and I believe what I was told.

I know there are some people on this board who do not rate KT, some have never forgiven him for what happened when he left, but I am not one of them. I have always liked him as as player and want to see him in the team. I was merely sharing with others on the board what I had been told.
I think the press briefing by Thomson suggests that he and Hibs want to push this aside, once and for all, and move on. I'm sure Hibs wouldn't have put him in front of the camera, if there wasn't harmony.

Thecat23
06-02-2014, 04:41 PM

I rate him mate, and it's sad folk can't let let go of the past. He came out with daft things when he left but it was aimed at Collins more than anything.

As another poster has said I think both Hibs and KT have agreed to put this aside and move on which I think is good for both parties. I hope to see him back playing as he defo has a lot to offer at this level IMO.

GlenrothesHibee
06-02-2014, 04:43 PM
I can categorically confirm that KT did not have a bust up with TB or MM. source?....Kevin Thomson. That'll do for me

lapsedhibee
06-02-2014, 04:44 PM
I can categorically confirm that KT did not have a bust up with TB or MM. source?....Kevin Thomson. That'll do for me
:faf:

CropleyWasGod
06-02-2014, 04:44 PM

So, by implication, those with lower post counts have greater credibility and better lives?

SMAXXA
06-02-2014, 04:46 PM
He has been injured aswell and resumes full training next week. He's been back training but just light. Think he mentioned Craig is suspended next week???? So may be in with a shout of being involved then.

Aldo
06-02-2014, 04:48 PM
Wheres InchHibby when you need him, seemingly hes KTs mate so could answer some questons on this thread Lol, mind according to him he was being released last week :-)

Ouch ;-)

Weir7
06-02-2014, 04:49 PM
Butcher says he is delighted that KT wants back in the team and has not featured since St J game due to injury. He says that he just has to get fit and prove it in training. No player has been told they won't feature again and cited TT as perfect example.
He also emphatically denies any busy up with MM.

Didn't see that - was it in todays press?

MSK
06-02-2014, 04:54 PM
The problem is folk think they've got a right to say what they want on here because they've got more posts than others. In actual fact they don't have a clue or a life for that matterBollox ..some folk know stuff some folk don't, no-one is asking you to read nor believe what is posted, your choice ..you obviously don't have much time for folk on here so I really don't know why you bother ..

calamitus
06-02-2014, 04:56 PM
So, by implication, those with lower post counts have greater credibility and better lives?

Aw shucks.

Weir7
06-02-2014, 04:56 PM
Right let me get this straight. I get told from 2 different Hibs players about them arguing at training. Nothing major just KT didn't agree with how MM wanted to play a quick one touch game. I know KT brother in law who said it happened. KT tells the press it "didn't" so now it never happened?

Some folk love to believe anything in the press. This did happen and if that upsets some people so be it. KT and management will have wanted this defused quick as possible. I think he'll play again and it's just one of many things that happen at clubs up and down the country.

For the record I AM SURE about this and not posting for the sake as others may seem to think.

Did you witness it?

Is his brother in law the chap that played for Hibs? Must be delighted your on a web site, letting everybody know content of your chats

jeffers
06-02-2014, 04:57 PM
I rate him mate, and it's sad folk can't let let go of the past. He came out with daft things when he left but it was aimed at Collins more than anything.

As another poster has said I think both Hibs and KT have agreed to put this aside and move on which I think is good for both parties. I hope to see him back playing as he defo has a lot to offer at this level IMO.

Totally agree TC23. That was always my take too, his issues were with Collins not Hibs.

Really hope to see him back playing for Hibs.

--------
06-02-2014, 04:59 PM

I agree, John.

Now that KT has put the rumours of a bust-up to rest, and now that he's fit again, I don't see any reason why he shouldn't be under consideration for a place in the team. Butcher's on record as saying that all the players at the club started with a clean slate as far as he was concerned, and that he would make no irrevocable decisions regarding any of them until January, and failing that, the summer.

If KT wants to play all he has to do is impress TB at training. If he's good enough he should be in the team; if he isn't then he shouldn't. Simple.

TB doesn't impress me as the sort og guy who'd cut his nose off to spite his face - if KT's good enough he'll use him.

Unseen work
06-02-2014, 05:10 PM
Training bust ups happen all the time, a small argument that the players/management don't even think about after 10 minutes gets blown up into a massive riot by fans/press a lot of the time

EskbankHibee
06-02-2014, 05:24 PM
Bollox ..some folk know stuff some folk don't, no-one is asking you to read nor believe what is posted, your choice ..you obviously don't have much time for folk on here so I really don't know why you bother ..

You're right. 100%. I bother because of its potential implications for the club.

The report in the Herald said today that Liam Craig had informed KT about internet rumours concerning a feud with him and MM. Why would any Hibs fan want to start rumours and upset the camaraderie in the changing room?

Thecat23
06-02-2014, 05:31 PM
Did you witness it?

Is his brother in law the chap that played for Hibs? Must be delighted your on a web site, letting everybody know content of your chats

I never witnessed the Titanic sink but it happened. So what's your point? Because I wasn't there the players and brother in law are lying?

Also I'm passing on info regarding Hibs as it's a Hibs board. If you don't believe it fine, but stop being a wee arse about it.

Thecat23
06-02-2014, 05:32 PM
Training bust ups happen all the time, a small argument that the players/management don't even think about after 10 minutes gets blown up into a massive riot by fans/press a lot of the time

Correct mate, happens more than folk hear!

MSK
06-02-2014, 05:34 PM
You're right. 100%. I bother because of its potential implications for the club.

The report in the Herald said today that Liam Craig had informed KT about internet rumours concerning a feud with him and MM. Why would any Hibs fan want to start rumours and upset the camaraderie in the changing room?Its been happening from day dot though, not just on the internet but in the newspapers too & its never gonna change anytime soon. Again, you don't have to believe everything you read on here or in the press, nor do you need to put the boot into folk on here because they have more or less posts than others, that again matters not one iota ..

jeffers
06-02-2014, 05:35 PM

The report in the Herald said today that Liam Craig had informed KT about internet rumours concerning a feud with him and MM. Why would any Hibs fan want to start rumours and upset the camaraderie in the changing room?

I can only speak for myself. I posted what I was told because I couldn't believe KT was not being considered for footballing only reasons. And I seriously doubt a story about KT/MM having a training ground bust up would upset camaraderie in the changing room - if it did happen the players already know about it and if it didn't why would they care ?

Weir7
06-02-2014, 05:36 PM
I never witnessed the Titanic sink but it happened. So what's your point? Because I wasn't there the players and brother in law are lying?

Also I'm passing on info regarding Hibs as it's a Hibs board. If you don't believe it fine, but stop being a wee arse about it.
Brilliant response.

Did I say you were lying.

Your post say things happened but you cant prove it.

I know players and coaches but I would dream of posting what they tell me.

And you didn't answer the question.

Thecat23
06-02-2014, 05:42 PM
Brilliant response.

That's up to you what you hear and post. I don't post every detail I hear either! No I wasn't there happy?!

If Kevin tells me himself will that's me it better? Or does this not satisfy you either? I honestly don't see what your problem is.

Thecat23
06-02-2014, 05:43 PM
Brilliant response.

For the record you saying I'm lying?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
06-02-2014, 05:45 PM
Don't doubt TheCat23, his info is usually spot on:agree:

hibees 7062
06-02-2014, 05:45 PM

:greengrin It did like

Thecat23
06-02-2014, 05:46 PM
:greengrin It did like

You sure? You weren't there though ;D

oconnors_strip
06-02-2014, 05:54 PM
He has been injured aswell and resumes full training next week. He's been back training but just light. Think he mentioned Craig is suspended next week???? So may be in with a shout of being involved then.

Maybe thommo will be involved in the under 20s derby on Tuesday to get him some match fitness if he is to be included in squad instead of craig

Weir7
06-02-2014, 05:56 PM
For the record you saying I'm lying?

See my post

EskbankHibee
06-02-2014, 05:57 PM
I can only speak for myself. I posted what I was told because I couldn't believe KT was not being considered for footballing only reasons. And I seriously doubt a story about KT/MM having a training ground bust up would upset camaraderie in the changing room - if it did happen the players already know about it and if it didn't why would they care ?

You're right mate, I can't believe it either.

FWIW I think Butcher has now seen that the players he chose before KT are clearly not as good. I'm glad he's not too proud to make a change when he's made an error

hibees 7062
06-02-2014, 06:00 PM

:agree: Still waiting on that video fae him BOB :greengrin

Thecat23
06-02-2014, 06:00 PM
See my post

That's what I'm saying, you are implying because I wasn't there nothing happened! So that makes me a lair. I'm just confused as to why you got this worked up on a subject that's pretty well known with players and fans.

Also making out I have nothing better than to post things players say to me. Believe me I could start about 25 threads on many subjects regarding Hibs players/staff but I don't. Your comment came across as being an arse and if you didn't mean it that way fair enough.

Thecat23
06-02-2014, 06:01 PM
:agree: Still waiting on that video fae him BOB :greengrin

Haha oh aye!!!! :D no getting it now for your cheek ;)

hibees 7062
06-02-2014, 06:05 PM
You sure? You weren't there though ;D

I read it in the sun and on a forum :wink:

hibees 7062
06-02-2014, 06:09 PM
Haha oh aye!!!! :D no getting it now for your cheek ;)

A believe that tae cause you're never wrong :greengrin

Aldo
06-02-2014, 06:11 PM
Yeah mate and who was the other guy that claimed to be ITK about Thomson's feud with MM. I got shot down for saying he should be given a chance. Now that TB has said Thomson has another chance can we see these guys come on here and eat humble pie?

See this shows you have next to no respect for others users/posters with your know it all attitude. If you don't like it tough nobody else can have an opinion.

Doesn't matter about posts and your on here so it's a bit pot calling the kettle black with the 'folk don't have a clue or life' so you'll include yourself in that comment.

Bollox ..some folk know stuff some folk don't, no-one is asking you to read nor believe what is posted, your choice ..you obviously don't have much time for folk on here so I really don't know why you bother ..

This 100%

Did you witness it? Is his brother in law the chap that played for Hibs? Must be delighted your on a web site, letting everybody know content of your chats

Your not happy with what you read so everyone else is wrong and doesn't know anything about anything.

I agree, John. Now that KT has put the rumours of a bust-up to rest, and now that he's fit again, I don't see any reason why he shouldn't be under consideration for a place in the team. Butcher's on record as saying that all the players at the club started with a clean slate as far as he was concerned, and that he would make no irrevocable decisions regarding any of them until January, and failing that, the summer. If KT wants to play all he has to do is impress TB at training. If he's good enough he should be in the team; if he isn't then he shouldn't. Simple. TB doesn't impress me as the sort og guy who'd cut his nose off to spite his face - if KT's good enough he'll use him.

If TB sees fit to play him then so be it. Full support and backing. If he doesn't play then so be it. I trust TB judgement.

You're right. 100%. I bother because of its potential implications for the club. The report in the Herald said today that Liam Craig had informed KT about internet rumours concerning a feud with him and MM. Why would any Hibs fan want to start rumours and upset the camaraderie in the changing room?

This.

Brilliant response. Did I say you were lying. Your post say things happened but you cant prove it. I know players and coaches but I would dream of posting what they tell me. And you didn't answer the question.

Why do you bother reading posts by other users because unless they have it recorded or a signed confession it didn't happen.

This 100%

You're right mate, I can't believe it either. FWIW I think Butcher has now seen that the players he chose before KT are clearly not as good. I'm glad he's not too proud to make a change when he's made an error

How has TB made an error.

If there's anything else you'd like answered fire away. But I must warn you that anything I say cannot be confirmed as true cos nobody was here when I said it.

hibees 7062
06-02-2014, 06:13 PM
That's what I'm saying, you are implying because I wasn't there nothing happened! So that makes me a lair. I'm just confused as to why you got this worked up on a subject that's pretty well known with players and fans.

Also making out I have nothing better than to post things players say to me. Believe me I could start about 25 threads on many subjects regarding Hibs players/staff but I don't. Your comment came across as being an arse and if you didn't mean it that way fair enough.

Get them telt :blah: :hyper: :greengrin

Thecat23
06-02-2014, 06:18 PM
A believe that tae cause you're never wrong :greengrin

Funny the wife says that as well :D

IWasThere2016
06-02-2014, 06:35 PM
I suspect it is very simple as KT is still here and I expect he shows in training that he is still one of our best players. When we signed him I was told he was 'too good to ignore' 'head and shoulders above' etc.

EskbankHibee
06-02-2014, 06:37 PM
See this shows you have next to no respect for others users/posters with your know it all attitude. If you don't like it tough nobody else can have an opinion.

Did you respect my opinion when you called me a yam?

Ronniekirk
06-02-2014, 06:40 PM

So does your Titanic comment mean this is just the Tip of the Iceberg .:wink:

Aldo
06-02-2014, 06:41 PM
Did you respect my opinion when you called me a yam?

Just because I commented on that doesn't mean to say I didn't respect your opinion.

Aldo
06-02-2014, 06:41 PM

Maybe the side me thinks Ronnie. ;-)

EskbankHibee
06-02-2014, 06:44 PM
Just because I commented on that doesn't mean to say I didn't respect your opinion.

Exactly

Aldo
06-02-2014, 06:45 PM
Exactly

What. I think you have shown from your earlier posts that unless it's what you want to read or hear then your not having it.

Ronniekirk
06-02-2014, 07:02 PM
Maybe the side me thinks Ronnie. ;-)

Aldo it may well of been the side that ripped a hole in the Titanic but I don't know I wasn't there to see it .But as a general rule it's the 80% lurking unseen beneath that causes the problem . I just want the best Hibs Team on the park that wins us games ,don't care who it is .Well if Vine was still here I wouldn't of wanted him ,I see he missed his press conference with Morton as he put the wrong fuel in his car and broke down .:greengrin

Aldo
06-02-2014, 07:04 PM
Aldo it may well of been the side that ripped a hole in the Titanic but I don't know I wasn't there to see it .But as a general rule it's the 80% lurking unseen beneath that causes the problem . I just want the best Hibs Team on the park that wins us games ,don't care who it is .Well if Vine was still here I wouldn't of wanted him ,I see he missed his press conference with Morton as he put the wrong fuel in his car and broke down .:greengrin

Indeed. :-)

Thecat23
06-02-2014, 07:09 PM

Your jokes are clearly as bad as mine :D

Ronniekirk
06-02-2014, 07:12 PM
Your jokes are clearly as bad as mine :D
I suspect mines are often worse but sometimes a little bit of humour is needed when folk on here get so worked up on certain topics .. :rolleyes:

Thecat23
06-02-2014, 07:27 PM
I suspect mines are often worse but sometimes a little bit of humour is needed when folk on here get so worked up on certain topics .. :rolleyes:

True mate. I've genuinely nothing against anyone on here and I think folk having a pop at people's comments isn't the best. Cool to believe what you like as that's fine. But no need to slate folk who give info. It's a hibs board think some folk need to chill. I've done it myself and thought right I'm wrong so should admit that.

EskbankHibee
06-02-2014, 07:28 PM
What. I think you have shown from your earlier posts that unless it's what you want to read or hear then your not having it.

You keep calling me a yam because I have a different opinion

Ronniekirk
06-02-2014, 07:31 PM
True mate. I've genuinely nothing against anyone on here and I think folk having a pop at people's comments isn't the best. Cool to believe what you like as that's fine. But no need to slate folk who give info. It's a hibs board think some folk need to chill. I've done it myself and thought right I'm wrong so should admit that.
Aldo is good at dispensing the chill pill advice but I see he has been in overdrive tonight Direct and to the point as ever .:top marks

Aldo
06-02-2014, 07:35 PM
You keep calling me a yam because I have a different opinion

It's obvious you've not read the post you've quoted.

Once again you chose to read what you want.

I have said what I have to say and I believe that whatever I say you'll not be happy. So in view of this the
Conversation is now over.

Enjoy

Aldo
06-02-2014, 07:36 PM
Aldo is good at dispensing the chill pill advice but I see he has been in overdrive tonight Direct and to the point as ever .:top marks

Indeed Ronnie Indeed. Just sorting out a few things before well...... Nah won't say it. :-)

Ronniekirk
06-02-2014, 07:47 PM
Indeed Ronnie Indeed. Just sorting out a few things before well...... Nah won't say it. :-)

Hope your no planning a cruise :titanic::titanic: