PDA

View Full Version : how long since hearts last won the wee cup

CRAZYHIBBY
03-02-2014, 11:33 AM
As above.....anyone know how long is been. ?...... its funny that they like to go on about our Cup hoodoo but forget about their own

Sean1875
03-02-2014, 11:34 AM
it not, conveniently, 51 years now I'm sure I saw someone say?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

03-02-2014, 12:10 PM
As above.....anyone know how long is been. ?...... its funny that they like to go on about our Cup hoodoo but forget about their own

Its only the "wee cup" don't you know, teams as huge and mighty as hearts are too big to care about it dont you know . . .

YehButNoBut
03-02-2014, 12:11 PM
Last time they won it was in 1962, since then they have only made the final twice, losing 4-3 to Rangers in 1997 and last year losing 3-2 to St Mirren.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Scottish_League_Cup_finals

whiskyhibby
03-02-2014, 06:58 PM
Its only the "wee cup" don't you know, teams as huge and mighty as hearts are too big to care about it dont you know . . .

That was evident from the way they were playing in the last 5 minutes of normal time and throughout extra time:-)))

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

maturehibby
03-02-2014, 07:19 PM
Please note it is referred to as the "Diddy Cup" but it is still 51 years since they won it and am surprised that they even enter such a poorly rated competition - also this 5/1 number configuration is something I think I should know about but it eludes my old brain

heretoday
03-02-2014, 09:06 PM
It used to be quite a big cup. Years of Rangers and Celtic dominance since the 60s have tarnished a lot of things in the game and the status of the League Cup is one of them.

GreenCastle
03-02-2014, 09:21 PM
This nonsense of the wee cup is another reason the yams deserve everything they get.

Tell their fans who were there yesterday and in the final last year...plus the derby QF against us earlier in the season it means nothing.

In the Scottish League the sad reality is that Celtic are probably going to win the league for the foreseeable future - as depressing as that sounds - others teams only chances of success (a trophy = success) is to win either the League or Scottish Cup. While the Scottish Cup has obviously caused us much grief over the years to devalue the League Cup is a disgrace.

I would take a League Win over the Scottish Cup.

I would take a Scottish Cup over a League Cup.

I would also quite happy win the League Cup every season to party.... better than winning nothing!!

The Yams haven't won it for 51 years which isn't as bad as our Scottish Cup record but it's not exactly great either. The reality is we will have more chance to win both cups in the near future compared to them.

They also know that if the unthinkable ever does happen and we win the Scottish Cup their small song book will be gone and Edinburgh will see the biggest party it's ever seen. I think it will happen but maybe not for a few years and we have a stronger team - happy to wait longer as IF we ever do win it - it's going to so so sweet :greengrin