PDA

View Full Version : My Masterpiece Revealed

fat freddy
02-02-2014, 08:59 PM

A while back I read a story of a mosaic crest that hung in the main stand back in the days of Harry Swan. During reconstruction of the stand the mosaic was removed and hung in the boardroom. The story goes that when Harry Swan died his wife was gifted the mosaic as a gesture of appreciation for all her husband had done for our club. I believe the mosaic was of a Harp, which was the club crest at the time. As i read the article I decided that I would create a mosaic of the current crest as i dabble in this craft as a hobby, mostly plant pots and mirrors ect...After many hours toil over many years this is the result..you can also view the final phase of the project on twitter Hibsmosaic@Hibsmosaic

Juice-Terry
02-02-2014, 09:03 PM

A while back I read a story of a mosaic crest that hung in the main stand back in the days of Harry Swan. During reconstruction of the stand the mosaic was removed and hung in the boardroom. The story goes that when Harry Swan died his wife was gifted the mosaic as a gesture of appreciation for all her husband had done for our club. I believe the mosaic was of a Harp, which was the club crest at the time. As i read the article I decided that I would create a mosaic of the current crest as i dabble in this craft as a hobby, mostly plant pots and mirrors ect...After many hours toil over many years this is the result..you can also view the final phase of the project on twitter Hibsmosaic@Hibsmosaic

Nicely done. :flag:

Macaroon
Fantastic! Amazing job! :top marks

Betty Boop

That looks excellent .

Iggy Pope
02-02-2014, 09:05 PM

Tremendous work.

whiskyhibby
02-02-2014, 09:05 PM
Well done that man, very nice job

Stax
02-02-2014, 09:07 PM

Congratulations mate, obviously a lot of time and effort put in there.

NAE NOOKIE
02-02-2014, 09:10 PM
That is a quality piece of work my friend :not worth

Pretty Boy
02-02-2014, 09:11 PM

That's really superb.

trev the hat
02-02-2014, 09:11 PM
Well done, that looks the business, good detail & plenty man hours I'm sure. Top marks !!

Andy74
02-02-2014, 09:14 PM

Quality. Good work.

leggeto
02-02-2014, 09:17 PM
That is class would like one of them on my bathroom floor,well done

Saorsa
02-02-2014, 09:18 PM

A while back I read a story of a mosaic crest that hung in the main stand back in the days of Harry Swan. During reconstruction of the stand the mosaic was removed and hung in the boardroom. The story goes that when Harry Swan died his wife was gifted the mosaic as a gesture of appreciation for all her husband had done for our club. I believe the mosaic was of a Harp, which was the club crest at the time. As i read the article I decided that I would create a mosaic of the current crest as i dabble in this craft as a hobby, mostly plant pots and mirrors ect...After many hours toil over many years this is the result..you can also view the final phase of the project on twitter Hibsmosaic@Hibsmosaic:top marks

Tinribs
02-02-2014, 09:20 PM
Proper labour of love is that, how on earth do you cut the little pieces to the right angles? hundreds of them too.

Hibs class :agree:

tamig
02-02-2014, 09:20 PM

Beautiful work FF.

PatHead
02-02-2014, 09:26 PM
Looks great, how big is it?

Jack Hackett
02-02-2014, 09:26 PM
Give yourself a pat on the back for a job well done

:top marks

HibeeHendo
02-02-2014, 09:28 PM
Amazing.

greenlex
02-02-2014, 09:29 PM
Fantastic mate. Bloody fantastic.

andy1875
02-02-2014, 09:31 PM
Well done mate, looks the part!

fat freddy
02-02-2014, 09:33 PM
Proper labour of love is that, how on earth do you cut the little pieces to the right angles? hundreds of them too.

Hibs class :agree:

cheers, i do the cuts with tile cutters and sand the bits to the exact size required with extra coarse sandpaper

fat freddy
02-02-2014, 09:35 PM
Looks great, how big is it?

its around about 90cm x 80cm...call it a square metre

DC_Hibs
02-02-2014, 09:36 PM
That's mighty fine Fats.

Glorious
02-02-2014, 09:38 PM
Fantastic! Well worth the effort :thumbsup:

Aldo
02-02-2014, 09:39 PM

:top marks:hibees

SaulGoodman
02-02-2014, 09:41 PM
That looks bloody difficult!

:top marks:

BSEJVT
02-02-2014, 09:47 PM
great effort

How long do you reckon it took in actual man hours to complete?

Have you thought of offering it to the club, so your work can be immortalised at ER?

Oops no idea where that smiley came from or how to get rid of it!

nonshinyfinish
02-02-2014, 09:53 PM
Brilliant!

fat freddy
02-02-2014, 09:55 PM
Thank you for your kind words ladies and gents...for what its worth, i am happy to donate this to the club if they want to hang it in the concourse beneath one of the stands..it might brighten up the dull breizeblocks...in an ideal world i would like to see it hung in the tunnel where the players walk out...at the moment they have a plastic crest under the slogan 'we are hibernian'....obviously there might be an issue with the quality of the work, i.e. the U in Edinburgh is a bit squint, but the offers there if anyone from hibs is interested.

.Sean.
02-02-2014, 09:56 PM
Fair play, that's fantastic.

FranckSuzy
02-02-2014, 09:59 PM

Ah, so you're the secretive Hibsmosaic :wink: Nah seriously, good work FF :aok: I hope the club take you up on your kind offer :agree:

Leithenhibby
02-02-2014, 10:02 PM
Well done that man.... :aok:

Cracking job :top marks

Andy74
02-02-2014, 10:03 PM
Thank you for your kind words ladies and gents...for what its worth, i am happy to donate this to the club if they want to hang it in the concourse beneath one of the stands..it might brighten up the dull breizeblocks...in an ideal world i would like to see it hung in the tunnel where the players walk out...at the moment they have a plastic crest under the slogan 'we are hibernian'....obviously there might be an issue with the quality of the work, i.e. the U in Edinburgh is a bit squint, but the offers there if anyone from hibs is interested.
No quality issue at all. Hibs would be lucky to have that. Would look fantastic in the tunnel area. Have you spoken to them to offer it?

Stax
02-02-2014, 10:11 PM
No quality issue at all. Hibs would be lucky to have that. Would look fantastic in the tunnel area. Have you spoken to them to offer it?
This 100%, a one off bespoke piece with a story behind it.

Kato
02-02-2014, 10:15 PM

Beautiful

fat freddy
02-02-2014, 10:17 PM

i sent a message to the hibs historical trust last week...i offered it to them to display in their exhibitions but they haven't got back to me other than a message to say they recieved my message but i think that was an automated response...they might be busy just now organising an upcoming event....a few years ago i spoke to a director i bumped into in the club shop, i showed him a photo from my phone of the early stages and he said come back when its finished, i cant remember who he was though

Andy74
02-02-2014, 10:41 PM
i sent a message to the hibs historical trust last week...i offered it to them to display in their exhibitions but they haven't got back to me other than a message to say they recieved my message but i think that was an automated response...they might be busy just now organising an upcoming event....a few years ago i spoke to a director i bumped into in the club shop, i showed him a photo from my phone of the early stages and he said come back when its finished, i cant remember who he was though

I'd urge you to pick this up again with the board. Deserves a place in the stadium that.

If they don't want it I'll be making you an offer!

Boyle89
03-02-2014, 02:41 AM
Christ, I don't even know how you have managed that. Superb stuff! :thumbsup:.

GreenLake
03-02-2014, 02:57 AM
A fine piece of work!

Wighty76
03-02-2014, 09:40 AM
Tidy work mate. :thumbsup:

Hibbyradge
03-02-2014, 09:45 AM
What is it?

:hide:

Seriously though, great work!

O'Rourke3
03-02-2014, 09:52 AM
That's excellent!

Alex Trager
03-02-2014, 09:58 AM
Superb well done mate

Boydyhfc
03-02-2014, 11:21 AM

That's immense. Great work!

norhfc
03-02-2014, 11:55 AM
Brilliant Fat Fred....let us know where it ends up. Will try get myself on twitter asasp :)