PDA

View Full Version : Yams What will we do next season?

RIP
02-02-2014, 06:31 PM
Twenty three threads on the Hibs.Net main board wittering on about the yaks?:greengrin

Ok I know other clubs would have the odd thread on their MB about their rivals but 20 FFS? Is this normal?:lolyam:

Phil D. Rolls
02-02-2014, 06:35 PM
Twenty three threads on the Hibs.Net main board wittering on about the yaks?:greengrin

Ok I know other clubs would have the odd thread on their MB about their rivals but 20 FFS? Is this normal?:lolyam:

On a weekend we aren't playing on, and them missing out on a desperately needed windfall, I would say its normal. :greengrin

Hibbyradge
02-02-2014, 06:36 PM

What do you think the topic of conversation would be if another team's rivals were in administration, teetering on the bring of liquidation and had just lost a semi-final which they were winning against 9 men with 30 seconds remaining?

Oh, and this counts as the 21st thread.

Andy74
02-02-2014, 06:38 PM
What do you think the topic of conversation would be if another teams rival's were in administration, teetering on the bring of liquidation and had just lost a semi-final which they were winning against 9 men with 30 seconds remaining?

Indeed. They are providing plenty to comment on just now.

Billy Whizz
02-02-2014, 06:39 PM

Gogs, you've got a point, but you should have heard the shouting from my living room at 2.50pm when Caley scored the winning penalty.
We all love a Hibs win, but closely followed by a spectacular Hearts defeat, like today, that ranks up with their semi final defeats to Airdrie many moons ago.
The implications both financially and fans morale after today's defeat are huge

wearethehibs
02-02-2014, 06:40 PM
This is .net

Im surprised theres not more.

"Yams" its so cringey. Call them something they deserve like G U N T S

Ronniekirk
02-02-2014, 06:42 PM

To answer the title of your thread Finish in top Four but Challenge for Second ,win a Cup ,get attendances of 13 to 14'000 at home .In Butcher we Trust . or am I just on a High after that complete inept collapse by hear7s who could not use the extra men to their advantage and bottled it in the penalties .:agree: pleasing so very pleasing

Saorsa
02-02-2014, 06:45 PM
This is .net

"Yams" its so cringey. Call them something they deserve like G U N T S1. you dinnae have tae read them :aok:

2. that word dinsae show up on here unless you bypass the filter and if you keep doing that you might get emptied.

marinello59
02-02-2014, 06:49 PM

Our biggest rivals suffer a humiliating defeat in a cup semi final and you whinge about us enjoying it.?Relax and enjoy the hilarity.

HiBremian
02-02-2014, 06:53 PM

Dinnae worry, Gogs. It's like havin a really long dump, you need tae give it time tae get it right out o yer system. But once it's gone, it's gone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jay
02-02-2014, 06:54 PM

And you just added another one.........

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

hibees 7062
02-02-2014, 07:00 PM

Next season we can start another thread about them causing an upset knocking Dundee out the cup on penalties :greengrin

Islington Hibs
02-02-2014, 07:05 PM
A big season- the last one without The Rangers. Got to aim for top European place, decent entertaining football, especially at home and a win a cup. Although the feel good has gone pop since the Hearts win we have no far off IMO. Very unlucky not to win against Dundee United and played well for 65 mins, then Aberdeen lost to a great strike wins 2 mins to go. Sure v poor against ST Midden but a decent fight back and a penalty denied. Against Celtic to score was awful, but the play pretty good and if we had had that penalty at 1-0 who knows.... So I thibk we have been better than recent results suggest.

The point being I don't think we are far off. When full strength the defence is strong and we have started to create chances. Still a bit light up front perhaps and we need more pace and creativity coming forward but I see no reason we shouldn't aim for second. We also have some good exciting youngsters coming through so I am quietly confident.:wink:

Danderhall Hibs
02-02-2014, 07:06 PM
Imagine it on here when they get emptied from the Harry Ramsdens next season.

Wotherspiniesta
02-02-2014, 07:58 PM
The sad thing is, you just KNEW this thread would appear.

We weren't playing this weekend and Hearts got papped oot the cup by 9 men. What did you really expect to read about when you logged on tonight, Gogs?

Iggy Pope
02-02-2014, 08:20 PM
Bollox to this.

Amazingly, I will attempt to talk about **** all else on the football front tomorrow. Is that strange Gogs43?

NAE NOOKIE
02-02-2014, 08:23 PM
I think context comes into it as well.

There are many rivalries around the football world as intense as us & them. But I dont think there has been a case where one of the clubs involved has been so arrogant as the followers of our deluded 'friends' across the city. Even with more cause tham most I cant think of any evidence to suggest that the likes of Liverpool fans, with 5 European Cup wins to boast about, thought it would be a good idea to refer to Everton as 'the wee team' and stuff like that.

This is a case of Chickens coming home to roost and its no surprise that we cant resist any opportunity to rub their big fat deluded faces in it. The more threads laughing at the Yams and taking the piss the better as far as I'm concerned.

I'm foooooookin' lovin' it :thumbsup:

Mikey
02-02-2014, 08:23 PM
It's obviously what people want to talk about at the moment. Should we stop them and tell them what to say and think?

We actually find that leaving people to get on with it works quite well.

ehf
02-02-2014, 08:28 PM
What do you think the topic of conversation would be if another team's rivals were in administration, teetering on the bring of liquidation and had just lost a semi-final which they were winning against 9 men with 30 seconds remaining?

:agree:

I do think think there's sometimes an unhealthy obsession with our underprivileged neighbours (tho not nearly as bad as their obsession with us) and personally am more interested in us doing well than them doing badly, but you simply could not mint a day like today.

I turned the telly on just after ICT had gone 1-0 up, then watched in disbelief as Beaton sent off Warren and awarded the ****s a free kick for what was not even a foul, and they scored from the most ridiculous deflection. Just how spawny could they be? And then they go 2-1 ahead.

I"m not massively bothered, they're still heading for oblivion and they'll get pumped by the sheep in the final. It's not going to ruin my day, but I feel a bit hacked off, and a bit sorry for Yogi, Latas and the ICT fans.

Then it's 94 minutes in, Meekings has stupidly got himself sent off, the mutants are twirling their scarves and singing whatever crappy song they've copied from some other classless team, they are in the final (which would be an achievement, to be fair, no matter how lucky and undeserved), Locke and Brown and Hamill and Stevenson and Scakel and Foulkes and every other hideous Jamboid roaster are bouncing and lapping it up, just waiting for the whistle to go and the celebration to begin, then it is all snatched away.

How could you not love that?

Mr White
02-02-2014, 08:32 PM
:agree:

I do think think there's sometimes an unhealthy obsession with our underprivileged neighbours (tho not nearly as bad as their obsession with us) and personally am more interested in us doing well than them doing badly, but you simply could not mint a day like today.

I turned the telly on just after ICT had gone 1-0 up, then watched in disbelief as Beaton sent off Warren and awarded the ****s a free kick for what was not even a foul, and they scored from the most ridiculous deflection. Just how spawny could they be? And then they go 2-1 ahead.

I"m not massively bothered, they're still heading for oblivion and they'll get pumped by the sheep in the final. It's not going to ruin my day, but I feel a bit hacked off, and a bit sorry for Yogi, Latas and the ICT fans.

Then it's 94 minutes in, Meekings has stupidly got himself sent off, the mutants are twirling their scarves and singing whatever crappy song they've copied from some other classless team, they are in the final (which would be an achievement, to be fair, no matter how lucky and undeserved), Locke and Brown and Hamill and Stevenson and Scakel and Foulkes and every other hideous Jamboid roaster are bouncing and lapping it up, just waiting for the whistle to go and the celebration to begin, then it is all snatched away.

How could you not love that?

And at easter road too, just to rub it in.

ronaldo7
02-02-2014, 08:35 PM
I will be down in Gorgay taking photos of a wee tiny stadium being demolished hopefully.

HoboHarry
02-02-2014, 08:36 PM
24 now presumably...... :cb

Jack
02-02-2014, 08:43 PM
I'm surprised there's only 20.

There are so many, many negatives down the wongadome and this afternoon provided goodness knows how many more.

Its all very hilarious for us and why shouldn't we all have a good laugh.

RIP
02-02-2014, 09:10 PM
Other than the odd thread on here I don't talk about Hearts. Not at all. Never.

But then that's because I want my club to be so successful they become a topic that no Hibs Supporter talks about, other than in the passing

Our derby rivals next year will be the East Coast teams - St Johnstone, Dundee United, Aberdeen.

Then we will be the only big team in Edinburgh and that other lot will be a forgotten irrelevance

Glory Glory

Eyrie
02-02-2014, 09:57 PM
We will do one of two things next season

1 - Laugh at the Yams as they lose to Alloa, Cowdenbeath and especially Dumbarton

or

2 - Laugh at The Yams as they lose to Selkirk, Gala Fairydean and Threave Rovers.

All depends on whether they survive or get liquidated.

HKhibby
03-02-2014, 12:20 AM
We will do one of two things next season

1 - Laugh at the Yams as they lose to Alloa, Cowdenbeath and especially Dumbarton

or

2 - Laugh at The Yams as they lose to Selkirk, Gala Fairydean and Threave Rovers.

All depends on whether they survive or get liquidated.

Forgive my ignorance, but i do live many thousands of miles away,and not really keeping a big eye out for Heart news...maybe i should!, only what i read on here tho, are they still dangerously close to liquidation? or does it still just depend on the UBIG company in Lithuania not being liquidated?, i thought i read on here that it is possible for them to come out of administration in March / April? or does that depend on UBIG again?
I am certainly hoping they are definitely relegated...im sure they will be even though they now have 5 points! and out of the league cup!, but are they still that close to liquidation that they might be playing non league football next season?

Hibercelona
03-02-2014, 12:46 AM
Yesterday was like a mini 1986. Of course the site is going to be flooded with threads about them. Yesterday was hilarious!

Hibercelona
03-02-2014, 12:50 AM
Forgive my ignorance, but i do live many thousands of miles away,and not really keeping a big eye out for Heart news...maybe i should!, only what i read on here tho, are they still dangerously close to liquidation? or does it still just depend on the UBIG company in Lithuania not being liquidated?, i thought i read on here that it is possible for them to come out of administration in March / April? or does that depend on UBIG again?
I am certainly hoping they are definitely relegated...im sure they will be even though they now have 5 points! and out of the league cup!, but are they still that close to liquidation that they might be playing non league football next season?

As I understand it. They really needed the cash from a cup final to help them through the season.

They'll be on a right shoogly peg as they attempt to scrape their way to the end of the season. Their fanbase will dwindle after yesterdays result.

GreenLake
03-02-2014, 12:57 AM
There is a small chance we might meet the thieving cheats in the Scottish Cup but other than that I think we will be occupied otherwise more pleasantly than engaging the fraudulent maroon gloating of recent history.

Till then GIRFUY :lolyam:

Greencore
03-02-2014, 02:09 AM
This is .net

...... "Yamboids" :shhhsh!::shhhsh!:

greenginger
03-02-2014, 08:11 AM
This is .net

Nothing wrong with Yams !

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=113

There are over 200 varieties and their season runs out in October.

The Gorgie Yam's season must be different, it ran out in September. :greengrin

matty_f
03-02-2014, 08:27 AM
I will definitely miss Hilarious of Midlothian for their sheer comedy value.

Brightside
03-02-2014, 08:38 AM
I really wish we could clean up this board of all the YAM threads. Can we not just stick to one thread laughing at them.

Flanny boy
03-02-2014, 08:39 AM
As I understand it. They really needed the cash from a cup final to help them through the season.

They'll be on a right shoogly peg as they attempt to scrape their way to the end of the season. Their fanbase will dwindle after yesterdays result.
Looking at how few of them turned up yesterday
I,d say their crowds have dwindled already :wink:

jacomo
03-02-2014, 11:09 AM
I will definitely miss Hilarious of Midlothian for their sheer comedy value.

It's a soap opera, strongly rumoured to be in its final season. They have definitely upped the comedic value again after a fairly mediocre year.

I'll keep watching to find out what happens... the plot lines are ridiculous and most of the characters are unlikeable, but it's just so watchable!

Dashing Bob S
03-02-2014, 10:26 PM
The answer is simple:

1. Laugh at their useless attempts to get back into the Premiership, and FOH totally messing up the club, as they plunge, debt-ridden, towards a second administration;

or

2. Laugh at their useless attempts to buy the ground, cub name, and gain status in the Lowland League following liquidation.

They will still be around (although I'm not sure where in what form), but I know for certain that they still be providing big laughs.

FranckSuzy
03-02-2014, 10:30 PM
I really wish we could clean up this board of all the YAM threads. Can we not just stick to one thread laughing at them.

If only people would stop contributing to them :agree: :wink:

Sergey
03-02-2014, 10:35 PM
The answer is simple:

1. Laugh at their useless attempts to get back into the Premiership, and FOH totally messing up the club, as they plunge, debt-ridden, towards a second administration;

or

2. Laugh at their useless attempts to buy the ground, cub name, and gain status in the Lowland League following liquidation.

They will still be around (although I'm not sure where in what form), but I know for certain that they still be providing big laughs.

Don't quite know if you picked up on this welt on KB, Rob - it makes one weep...

I've said this before, but I honestly think if TF pulled the plug on Hibs, they would just disappear.

They have no stomach for a fight, & no concept of how to support their team.

GIRFUY

Saorsa
03-02-2014, 10:45 PM
I've said this before, but I honestly think if TF pulled the plug on Hibs, they would just disappear.

They have no stomach for a fight, & no concept of how to support their team.That's a bleter.

We've already won our fight, you're going tae lose yours though :bye: ROASTER.

HERE http://berwickhibs.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Hibs-Badge.jpg no here http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r623/JDPH1875/smilies%202/27527_10150172587805385_9802_q.jpg soon no tae be here http://www.rampantscotland.com/graphics/heartsfc2.gif:bye:

Dinnae ken how tae support our team says the big team supporter. Cannae sell out a semi- final in yer ain city, what a plum.

GIRFUY

MADE IN LEITH
04-02-2014, 09:40 AM
The Premiership will not miss Hearts, but one thing is for sure Hearts will miss the Premiership and the money it brings. The team and their fans are in for a reality check when they are relegated and have to live within their means in Division 1 and when they eventually come back up to the Premiership (which is no ones guess).

The main problem is Hearts fans seem to think that they are above all that and they deserve more, mainly because they have been mis-managed and operated well beyond their means. But they will have to realign their expectations in the coming years to the grim reality of austerity and operating sensibly like every other club in the League.

There is no place for debate of whether Hearts did have an unfair advantage through the past few years or not. The point is that living beyond your means be it in Football or any other business carries a risk and it is that risk which is haunting them now and will continue to do so in the coming years.

It is not what Hearts have or have not achieved through the last 10 years that will be remembered. It will be the past, present and future debacle which has blighted the Hearts name that will be forever remembered by everyone asscociated in Scottish Football and beyond.

04-02-2014, 07:01 PM
Don't quite know if you picked up on this welt on KB, Rob - it makes one weep...

GIRFUY

No fight for our team? em Hands of Hibs? That was a hell of a lot more than a few ****ty bake sales.