PDA

View Full Version : Hibs fan mentality v Hearts fan mentality

Hedlund12
02-02-2014, 01:27 PM
I was talking to one of the dads at my sons footie this morning.

The nice big Englishman is a good friend of Steve Marsella.

He was telling me that when SM was looking for somewhere to live he found a nice place to rent in Stockbridge. He decided he was going to take it. The owners asked him what he did for a living and when he told them they refused to rent the place to him stating "sorry but we are Hearts fans!"

A couple of weeks later SM found a house he liked in a town on the coast in East Lothian. He agreed to take it. The owners asked him what he did for a living and when he told them they were delighted Hibees who rented it to him at significantly less than they were looking for!!

:flag:

The_Todd
02-02-2014, 01:30 PM
Sounds doubtful tbh.

Hedlund12
02-02-2014, 01:41 PM
Sounds doubtful tbh.

Each to there own but I have no reason to doubt the story. The dad and SM are friends from Huddersfield... I didn't know SM was from Huddersfield until I spoke to the dad today.

God Petrie
02-02-2014, 01:42 PM
A lot of Hibs players stay in stockbridge

lapsedhibee
02-02-2014, 02:32 PM
Shirley your tale suggests that the Hibs fans and Hearts fans have exactly the same mentality - namely, that fitba affiliation overrides economic considerations.

Tbh that's more of a The Rangers mentality, with their "irrespective of how much we can afford, we ra peepul have come to expect to pay a certain standard of wages to our players, stay in five star hotels, blablabla"

Jonnyboy
02-02-2014, 06:32 PM
I was talking to one of the dads at my sons footie this morning.

The nice big Englishman is a good friend of Steve Marsella.

He was telling me that when SM was looking for somewhere to live he found a nice place to rent in Stockbridge. He decided he was going to take it. The owners asked him what he did for a living and when he told them they refused to rent the place to him stating "sorry but we are Hearts fans!"

A couple of weeks later SM found a house he liked in a town on the coast in East Lothian. He agreed to take it. The owners asked him what he did for a living and when he told them they were delighted Hibees who rented it to him at significantly less than they were looking for!!

:flag:

Despit he doubters and naysayers (:wink:) I like that story :thumbsup: East Lothian is a great pick for the man too :greengrin

ancient hibee
02-02-2014, 07:40 PM
Despit he doubters and naysayers (:wink:) I like that story :thumbsup: East Lothian is a great pick for the man too :greengrin

I'd heard that there are some dodgy old folk in East Lothian.

Hedlund12
02-02-2014, 08:00 PM

Thanks JB.... Appreciated.... I also like your use of the word "story" and not tale as mentioned in another's post.... I'm too old to be telling tales!!! :thumbsup:

greenlex
02-02-2014, 08:39 PM
I know there are. :greengrin

heretoday
02-02-2014, 08:44 PM
Not a very good thread IMO.

Tinribs
02-02-2014, 08:52 PM
Not a very good thread IMO.

Oh come on, there are far worse that get 5 or 6 pages of replies/discussion. Respect your opinion ofc, but the chap has a nice story that involves SM, and a lot of peeps still wan't gossip on the new management team :wink:

Hedlund12
03-02-2014, 12:09 AM
Oh come on, there are far worse that get 5 or 6 pages of replies/discussion. Respect your opinion ofc, but the chap has a nice story that involves SM, and a lot of peeps still wan't gossip on the new management team :wink:

Greenbum....grassyass for that.. (p.s. I'm a chapess 👍)

--------
03-02-2014, 12:24 AM

I can assure you that East Lothian folks, especially Hibernian supporters belonging to the professional classes, are absolutely the salt of the earth.

East Lothian folks ken what's what, like. :not worth