PDA

View Full Version : Young goalkeeper

Unseen work
02-02-2014, 12:09 PM
We've not had a young keeper break through since McNeil as very rarely do, just wondering what people's opinions are of the two upcoming right now in Paul grant and kleton perntrou? And whose more likely to succeed

Thanks

oconnors_strip
02-02-2014, 12:23 PM
We've not had a young keeper break through since McNeil as very rarely do, just wondering what people's opinions are of the two upcoming right now in Paul grant and kleton perntrou? And whose more likely to succeed

Thanks

We also have Dougie Horne who is a brilliant young keeper. Out of the 3 I would say Horne will succeed, big lad for his age, commands his box well, strong kick on him and great attitude. Paul grant has done well out on loan at Berwick and is a great shot stopper. Perntreou is a decent keeper, is still learning but in the east of scotland games I've seen him play in he hasn't been tested that much from the opposition.

Unseen work
02-02-2014, 12:52 PM
We also have Dougie Horne who is a brilliant young keeper. Out of the 3 I would say Horne will succeed, big lad for his age, commands his box well, strong kick on him and great attitude. Paul grant has done well out on loan at Berwick and is a great shot stopper. Perntreou is a decent keeper, is still learning but in the east of scotland games I've seen him play in he hasn't been tested that much from the opposition.

Thanks mate, quite a lot of keepers for all to be at a similar level!

sleeping giant
02-02-2014, 12:56 PM
My money is on J Dunn from the under 14's :-)

oconnors_strip
02-02-2014, 12:58 PM
Thanks mate, quite a lot of keepers for all to be at a similar level!

You would think it is but grant has been out on loan and I thought he might have gone back out in the transfer window.

jdships
02-02-2014, 02:00 PM

Only seen him twice and haven't see the others but certainly am impressed with what I have seen.
With experience at a decent level along with good coaching he will make it IMO
:flag:

cocopops1875
02-02-2014, 02:19 PM

Thanks
McNeil didn't exactly break through to be fair

Danderhall Hibs
02-02-2014, 02:32 PM
McNeil didn't exactly break through to be fair

He got his chance cos of the 2 senior goalies we had at the time.

I reckon he'd still be here if we could've broken him in like hearts did with McDonald. They were both around the Scotland 21s at the same time and McNeil was picked ahead of him. McNeils an unlucky Jamie McDonald IMO.

oconnors_strip
02-02-2014, 02:38 PM
He got his chance cos of the 2 senior goalies we had at the time.

I reckon he'd still be here if we could've broken him in like hearts did with McDonald. They were both around the Scotland 21s at the same time and McNeil was picked ahead of him. McNeils an unlucky Jamie McDonald IMO.

What coco pops is meaning is that Andy didn't progress through the academy at hibs, we signed him from Southampton