PDA

View Full Version : Open all Mics

ekhibee
01-02-2014, 04:00 PM
As I now have to work on Saturdays (until 2.30pm) I was driving home and had the misfortune of listening to Sportsound and the particularly awful Derek Ferguson. Because I live in the west it's either that or Clyde Super Scoreboard which is even worse. I've not lived in Edinburgh for years, is Forth any better than either of these two?

Ronniekirk
01-02-2014, 04:49 PM
As I now have to work on Saturdays (until 2.30pm) I was driving home and had the misfortune of listening to Sportsound and the particularly awful Derek Ferguson. Because I live in the west it's either that or Clyde Super Scoreboard which is even worse. I've not lived in Edinburgh for years, is Forth any better than either of these two?

The nasal tones of Hugh Kevin's ,the smugness of the verbose Graham Speirs , and the arse licking old firm worshipper and maligner of hibs Keith Jackson ,what's not to like .

Hibernia Na Eir
01-02-2014, 05:17 PM
listening to Willie Miller is just depressing. You'd think he'd get a buzz listening to his team doing well, but far from it. Cheer up Bill!

Ronniekirk
01-02-2014, 05:21 PM
listening to Willie Miller is just depressing. You'd think he'd get a buzz listening to his team doing well, but far from it. Cheer up Bill!
Taking Mogadon is more exciting than listening to him He would put you to sleep ,so inarticulate and hard to know the point he is trying to make sometimes .:agree:

Stonewall
01-02-2014, 08:23 PM
Radio Five Live.

Sir David Gray
01-02-2014, 10:33 PM
It's been done to death on here already but Open All Mics is hopeless.

Absolutely horrendous programme.

Sir David Gray
01-02-2014, 11:21 PM
In your opinion.
I'd prefer updates from around the country than listen to a game I have absolutely no interest in, like the semi final from ER.

Yep it is in my opinion and you're entitled to yours.

Hearing five or six men all shouting at once about a corner at Inverness or a throw in at Kilmarnock really isn't something I want to be tuning into.

Then when nothing is happening of any note in the games they are watching, we get mind numbing garbage getting spouted by the so called pundits.

It's garbage. IMO of course.

Jones28
02-02-2014, 12:21 AM
Open all mics is the lesser of 2 evils, it can be quite funny and Jim spence is great value. Plus I do an absolute beauty of a Derek ferguson impression ;)

Commentary is horrific IMO. We get some right fannies summarising, billy Dodds being the main dobber amongst others.

Inch Hibs
02-02-2014, 12:39 AM
Open all mics is the lesser of 2 evils, it can be quite funny and Jim spence is great value. Plus I do an absolute beauty of a Darren ferguson impression ;)

Commentary is horrific IMO. We get some right fannies summarising, billy Dodds being the main dobber amongst others.

Fergies son and Peterborough manager is on open all mics for you to do an impression of? Impressive :)

Jones28
02-02-2014, 01:33 AM
Fergies son and Peterborough manager is on open all mics for you to do an impression of? Impressive :)

*derek

bigwheel
02-02-2014, 06:51 AM
I don't mind open all mikes tbh.....as someone else says I prefer it to listening to a match I'm not much bothered about...and sure Derek Ferguson doesn't speak with perfect BBC grammar, but who cares, he comes over as a guy who absolutely loves football, and that'll do for me.....

Wailing_Banshee
02-02-2014, 07:07 AM
I quite like listening to Derek Ferguson as well, as mentioned elsewhere he obviously loves football and it shows in his commentaries, don't see any reason to start comparing him with Chic or Dodds

Jazza
02-02-2014, 07:17 AM
Listened to radio forth, yesterday. and that Steve Cowan doesn't half talk some rubbish

Hibbyradge
02-02-2014, 08:02 AM
Have you ever read some of the opinions posted on this site? :wink:

If you asked anyone to speak about a game, or football in general, live on air, for a couple of hours, of course there's going to be some rubbish spouted.

Also, bear in mind that Scottish pundits are not supposed to rubbish our sport and are ***** scared to say anything derogatory about Rantic for fear of repercussions.

There's always the off button or you could always tune into Talk Sport instead...:rolleyes:

ALF TUPPER
02-02-2014, 08:28 AM
Open All Mics is a dons and jambo love in :agree:. Trashradio.

Aldo
02-02-2014, 08:38 AM
Haven't listened to that bunch for quite sometime after comments made about Hibs whilst he was commentating on one of our games.

I wrote and complained and was told that it was only banter. It wasn't banter it was ripping the complete pish out the players etc.

Have no intention of every listening to that ***** again.

My opinion mind

green day
02-02-2014, 08:58 AM
Open All Mics is a dons and jambo love in :agree:. Trashradio.

This

s.a.m
02-02-2014, 09:28 AM
In your opinion.
I'd prefer updates from around the country than listen to a game I have absolutely no interest in, like the semi final from ER.

I also prefer an update programme to a commentary, but I think OAM could and should be much better. The anchor needs to have more control of what's going on, and there needs to be less squealing, less interruption and more information. Like which game it is, or which side have scored, or which side have just had a player sent off, all of which are frequently left out by the reporter, who is assuming you know which game they're at, and that you have memorised the team sheet... They need to remember that they're on the radio, not Soccer Saturday, and we can't see what's going on.

HIBERNIAN-0762
02-02-2014, 10:52 AM
Yep it is in my opinion and you're entitled to yours.

Hearing five or six men all shouting at once about a corner at Inverness or a throw in at Kilmarnock really isn't something I want to be tuning into.

Then when nothing is happening of any note in the games they are watching, we get mind numbing garbage getting spouted by the so called pundits.

It's garbage. IMO of course.

Agreed 100%