PDA

View Full Version : Daniel J Boateng

spike220
01-02-2014, 09:34 AM
Welcome to Hibs.

Observations from the you tube clips.

1. He seems to find space for his midfield by carrying the ball forward himself, therefore the opposition have to commit players further up the park.
2. He looks good in the air, I'd like to see him on the end of a few corners.
3. He is big lad.
4. This guy has got some serious wheels too!

Phil D. Rolls
01-02-2014, 09:39 AM
He could be the new Gus Caesar. I wonder why Arsenal chose to loan him to an SPL side, when there are clubs all over Europe, that would have taken him.

It's surely a compliment to the level of football up here, that giants of the game see playing in our league as good preparation for the EPL and Champions League.

pontius pilate
01-02-2014, 09:54 AM
Could be because in a lot of people's eyes the games is tougher up here. Good point though. This transfer window was a strange one a lot of loans and not a lot if permanent deals

MWHIBBIES
01-02-2014, 09:58 AM
He could be the new Gus Caesar. I wonder why Arsenal chose to loan him to an SPL side, when there are clubs all over Europe, that would have taken him.

It's surely a compliment to the level of football up here, that giants of the game see playing in our league as good preparation for the EPL and Champions League.At 21 if he was ever going to be playing for Arsenal he would be, not to say he wont turn into a good player and be a great signing for us but I doubt he will ever play consistently at that level.

Sir David Gray
01-02-2014, 10:00 AM
It will be interesting to see what this guy can do.

I believe he's a right back so will probably be first choice for us for the remainder of the season.

He hasn't played a lot of first team football in his career and hasn't played at all in over a year so he may take a little while to get up to speed with things.

I hope there's not too much pressure put on him just because he plays for Arsenal.

Beefster
01-02-2014, 10:05 AM

It's surely a compliment to the level of football up here, that giants of the game see playing in our league as good preparation for the EPL and Champions League.

Very subtle, FR, but not really any different to anyone else writing off a player before he's even pulled on the Hibs shirt.

down-the-slope
01-02-2014, 10:06 AM
When a lauded ex - England Captain comes calling (particularly with his eloquence) then I would think that opens doors no one else can.

In Terrys HTV interview about new guys he talks about my old CH partner Kevin Ball at Sunderland (now head of Sunderland's Academy) having recommended Watmore him several times ..... so Terrys standing is getting him offered players rather than begging...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G71hz1ZTBJ8

Phil D. Rolls
01-02-2014, 10:09 AM
Very subtle, FR, but not really any different to anyone else writing off a player before he's even pulled on the Hibs shirt.

I'm not writing the guy off, I'm criticising his credentials as an "Arsenal player". Clearly he's never going to play at that level, or he wouldn't be coming to us. In a sense, I'm trying to lower the level of expectation that Arsenal connections create.

thebakerboy
01-02-2014, 10:09 AM
Has this guy actually signed because apart from statement on official sight there are no pictures or interviews with him and he does not appear on the sfa official list of signings.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-02-2014, 10:16 AM
Has this guy actually signed because apart from statement on official sight there are no pictures or interviews with him and he does not appear on the sfa official list of signings.

Hibs announced he had signed and will join the squad on Monday:aok:

MADE IN LEITH
01-02-2014, 12:41 PM
Welcome aboard Daniel

silverhibee
01-02-2014, 01:00 PM
Could be because in a lot of people's eyes the games is tougher up here. Good point though. This transfer window was a strange one a lot of loans and not a lot if permanent deals

That was my thinking too.

Viva_Palmeiras
01-02-2014, 01:05 PM
I'm not writing the guy off, I'm criticising his credentials as an "Arsenal player". Clearly he's never going to play at that level, or he wouldn't be coming to us. In a sense, I'm trying to lower the level of expectation that Arsenal connections create.

I get where you're coming from in terms of setting expectations which is one thing, but this kind of statement does not do us any favours either. Especially it you (and I do assume you necessarily do) subscribe to notion of the apparent pulling power of Butcher . Time will tell...

Phil D. Rolls
01-02-2014, 01:18 PM
I get where you're coming from in terms of setting expectations which is one thing, but this kind of statement does not do us any favours either. Especially it you (and I do assume you necessarily do) subscribe to notion of the apparent pulling power of Butcher . Time will tell...

He could be a good player, and I've no doubt that Butcher does have the power to make people consider Hibs as an option. The Arsenal tag isn't helpful though, and maybe makes us look a bit silly if we try to claim he's an Arsenal player.

Big teams sign a lot of youngsters on contracts, fully aware that they'll never cut it, but will be sellable purely because of the club that signed them.

Viva_Palmeiras
01-02-2014, 01:28 PM
He could be a good player, and I've no doubt that Butcher does have the power to make people consider Hibs as an option. The Arsenal tag isn't helpful though, and maybe makes us look a bit silly if we try to claim he's an Arsenal player.

Big teams sign a lot of youngsters on contracts, fully aware that they'll never cut it, but will be sellable purely because of the club that signed them.

Understood and I suppose Shiels is a case in point (albeit a permy one). I do hope that if not now, in time Hibs are seen as a good option to "prime" players for levels such as the EPL whether it be loans or permy - although I suppose that's every club's aspiration tho'...

Allant1981
01-02-2014, 07:06 PM

Disagree, the laddie is an arsenal player so why say he isnt, lots of players wont be good enough to play for the first team at arsenal but he is still contracted to them, if he was that bad they would have just let him go

ekhibee
01-02-2014, 08:06 PM
http://youtu.be/D5sucI3dKVs

This is all I could find on him in you tube, I'm assuming he's the number 5.

thebakerboy
01-02-2014, 10:08 PM
If indeed he is the number 5 he looks like a prospect , a ball playing centre back.

spike220
02-02-2014, 08:55 AM
If indeed he is the number 5 he looks like a prospect , a ball playing centre back.

Yes, a few people who know of this fellow have been very surprised we have managed to get him. From what I hear he is highly thought at Arsenal and in their opinion they are in no rush to see him move away.

Sounds promising.

EDIT: He is out of contract in the summer though. So he needs to win a new contract at arsenal or somewhere else!!

Phil D. Rolls
02-02-2014, 10:08 AM
Disagree, the laddie is an arsenal player so why say he isnt, lots of players wont be good enough to play for the first team at arsenal but he is still contracted to them, if he was that bad they would have just let him go

Who said he was a bad player?

Eyrie
02-02-2014, 11:08 AM
Yes, a few people who know of this fellow have been very surprised we have managed to get him. From what I hear he is highly thought at Arsenal and in their opinion they are in no rush to see him move away.

Sounds promising.

EDIT: He is out of contract in the summer though. So he needs to win a new contract at arsenal or somewhere else!!

I like that he will be out of contract as it gives him an extra incentive to play well for us. Hopefully well enough to earn a permanent deal.