PDA

View Full Version : 2014/15 Home Kit

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Lewis77
27-06-2014, 09:55 AM
Loving the away kit, very South American circa 1970's. Love it.

hibsforeurope
27-06-2014, 10:13 AM
If Hibs don't release that top, maybe some enterprising business person on here could start selling them.

It doesn't have the official badge, so I can't see it's breaking copyright

:hmmm:

I'd definitely buy this top if it was made.

Hibernia Na Eir
27-06-2014, 10:24 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/26/duryjera.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/26/mu9yzusu.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/26/7aduhy2u.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/26/5evuryte.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/26/qabe7e6u.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

another Whyte & Mackay peely sponsor.

SouthMoroccoStu
27-06-2014, 10:25 AM

Oh aye?

Billychaotic182
27-06-2014, 10:27 AM
another Whyte & Mackay peely sponsor.

That's my fear. Last years crabbies logo was awful. Fell off after a few washes

The_Horde
27-06-2014, 10:43 AM

Well your fears are real. The reason we have the stick on sponsors is because we have nike.

Keith_M
27-06-2014, 10:52 AM

;4078214']Well your fears are real. The reason we have the stick on sponsors is because we have nike.

Probably wouldn't be allowed for commercial reasons but, it would be great if there was a version of the strip available without the sponsor's logo

SaulGoodman
27-06-2014, 11:07 AM
Probably wouldn't be allowed for commercial reasons but, it would be great if there was a version of the strip available without the sponsor's logo

If it is one of these horrible peely ones there's probably a good method for just removing them.

The_Horde
27-06-2014, 11:14 AM
If it is one of these horrible peely ones there's probably a good method for just removing them.

Would it not leave a bit of a mark behind though?

Keith_M
27-06-2014, 11:25 AM
;4078251']Would it not leave a bit of a mark behind though?

:agree:

Glue and a lot of small pieces of the sticker.

SaulGoodman
27-06-2014, 11:32 AM
;4078251']Would it not leave a bit of a mark behind though?

Yeah if it comes off in the wash. In sure there's a way to do it properly, I've seen people do it before.

mentalhibee
27-06-2014, 11:55 AM

The official away kit? Or the mock up's from here?

California-Hibs
27-06-2014, 12:20 PM
I know it's July that the new kits are being released, but does anyone have an accurate date?

Bristolhibby
27-06-2014, 12:22 PM
I know it's July that the new kits are being released, but does anyone have an accurate date?

It is quite pathetic isnt it? Its not difficult to have a date whereby the suppliers deliver the strips, and a date that they send in the pre production runs.

Hibs need to communicate this with us.

J

Hibs History
27-06-2014, 12:51 PM

I heard its the 9th of July but nothing official.

Scònaldò
27-06-2014, 01:34 PM
The 12th of July with an orange away kit I'm hearing?

Hibernia Na Eir
27-06-2014, 01:38 PM

interesting ;-)

marti1875
27-06-2014, 04:12 PM

Cool, so they'll have a parade to show it off then i guess......:greengrin:wink:

Renfrew_Hibby
27-06-2014, 04:13 PM
Was shopping at Braehead today (it where I live) and there was a guy wandering about in the new black Dundee Utd away top. Also St.Mirren fans here have been out and about in there new home top for 4 weeks now. Of course all the brain dead old firmers are out in their red union jack tops or there dark green tartan numbers and I also believe the hearts home top has been out for a while.
The schools are breaking up and this weekend is the busiest of the year at our airports as everyone jets off on holiday...

We really has missed a trick here... again.

MyJo
27-06-2014, 04:53 PM
While its annoying to have to wait for the new strip I'd rather we had a manager in place and money coming into the club via the sponsorships that have been organised etc ahead of a new strip launch.

priorities.

Billy Whizz
27-06-2014, 06:14 PM
Was shopping at Braehead today (it where I live) and there was a guy wandering about in the new black Dundee Utd away top. Also St.Mirren fans here have been out and about in there new home top for 4 weeks now. Of course all the brain dead old firmers are out in their red union jack tops or there dark green tartan numbers and I also believe the hearts home top has been out for a while.
The schools are breaking up and this weekend is the busiest of the year at our airports as everyone jets off on holiday...

We really has missed a trick here... again.

I wonder if relegation held this up. We usually launch in mid June. Maybe marathonbet brought us back to the table to renegotiate, hence the delay

SouthMoroccoStu
27-06-2014, 06:27 PM
While its annoying to have to wait for the new strip I'd rather we had a manager in place and money coming into the club via the sponsorships that have been organised etc ahead of a new strip launch.

priorities.

Don't you think a popular shirt released early would add well to a transfer pot for any manager?

Take away 3/4 weeks of families buying the new kit prior to going on holiday......

PeterboroHibee
27-06-2014, 06:36 PM
Don't you think a popular shirt released early would add well to a transfer pot for any manager?

Take away 3/4 weeks of families buying the new kit prior to going on holiday......

Maybe Im wrong, but do Nike/JustSport not give us a lump sum outright rather than us generating anything from shirt sales?

Bristolhibby
27-06-2014, 06:38 PM

priorities.

A big football club like Hibs SHOULD be able to do both.

Launch a kit and sort out a team.

J

Bristolhibby
27-06-2014, 06:42 PM
I wonder if relegation held this up. We usually launch in mid June. Maybe marathonbet brought us back to the table to renegotiate, hence the delay

I presume this didn't help, however Hibs are notorious for late launches.

I was up for my cousins wedding in 2012 and bought the dark green and white Puma shirts (cracking shirts BTW) on the 30th June.

This year is particularly late, considering we have had the sponsor signed up for a while, I'm unsure what the delay is all about.

Missing the school holidays is a mistake.

J

Bristolhibby
27-06-2014, 06:43 PM
Oh and while I'm having a moan, how about a sponsors logo that doesn't peel off? It is possible.

J

MyJo
27-06-2014, 07:35 PM

No i dont, had they launched a new strip a few weeks ago there would probably have been an outcry from a lot on here about the club trying to squeeze money out of us and talk of boycotting buying strips until Petrie is out or Butcher was sacked etc.

And you only have to look at a thread about the new home kit to see the attitudes towards our strips if it isnt "popular", there are people refusing to buy one because the sponsor could be red FFS

mca
27-06-2014, 10:01 PM
Oh and while I'm having a moan, how about a sponsors logo that doesn't peel off? It is possible.

J

Always thought that the Embroidered Team Badge - Would end up the Same way.. !! :bitchy:

Sir David Gray
27-06-2014, 10:31 PM

J

:agree: If the sponsors logo is designed the same way as last year's top then I won't be buying it.

I just threw my top from last season in the bin a couple of weeks ago as it was completely done and looked horrible.

Such a waste of money.

One Day
28-06-2014, 12:12 PM
Although I'm 54 and have a sizeable beer-gut, I'd definitely buy this if Hibs were to go for it !!

So would I.

we are hibs
28-06-2014, 12:22 PM
Surely we will have a new kit before next Saturdays first game of pre season?

zlatan
28-06-2014, 12:31 PM

Shirts and skins I believe.

HH81
28-06-2014, 12:35 PM

They will use an old kit for pre season games.

SouthMoroccoStu
28-06-2014, 09:26 PM

Really?

Advertise a sponsor that doesn't pay anymore.

Don't think that would go down well with the new sponsors

HH81
28-06-2014, 09:45 PM
Yes really.

Gus Fring
28-06-2014, 09:55 PM
Really?

We'll probably play in the sponsor less kit used in the u20's matches. FWIW I've heard crabbies will still be working with Hibs in some ways. Just not as the shirt sponsor.

I don't think when the home strip goes on sale makes much of a difference either. It's nearly always sold out by Christmas so if we're selling out we can't really do much more.

MyJo
28-06-2014, 09:57 PM
Really?

I would assume they would just stick some new sponsors logos on strips like we did the season we used an old yellow away kit as our "3rd" kit for playing celtic when our white away kit clashed or when we played in europe while sponsored by whyte and mckay and changed it to carling because of rules about advertising spirits in the country we were playing.

Either that or they will reveal the strip next week before the game is played, given that the players are all wearing new training gear i'd assume the strip is decided and available to use just not revealed until the mood has improved amongst the support.

lord bunberry
28-06-2014, 10:14 PM
I would assume they would just stick some new sponsors logos on strips like we did the season we used an old yellow away kit as our "3rd" kit for playing celtic when our white away kit clashed or when we played in europe while sponsored by whyte and mckay and changed it to carling because of rules about advertising spirits in the country we were playing.

Either that or they will reveal the strip next week before the game is played, given that the players are all wearing new training gear i'd assume the strip is decided and available to use just not revealed until the mood has improved amongst the support.
I remember being at a pre season game a few years ago, and we were wearing the previous seasons strips, it might have been the season we last got relegated but I can't be sure

DAVE1875
28-06-2014, 11:29 PM
Hopefully we don't have a small Marathon Bet logo on the back just under the collar. Looked really stupid when we had the Crabbies logo on the back of the shirt

sambajustice
29-06-2014, 11:50 AM
It'll be a template from the 12/13 season.

Yuillsy
29-06-2014, 12:02 PM

Or they'll show pictures of the new strip in the paper this week and wear that?
Whether it's released to the fans or not is irrelevant surely the club will already have a supply of new Strips and training gear for the players.

Thecat23
29-06-2014, 12:12 PM
Or they'll show pictures of the new strip in the paper this week and wear that?
Whether it's released to the fans or not is irrelevant surely the club will already have a supply of new Strips and training gear for the players.

I wouldn't bet on it. I'm sure they will play in last years gear to keep the strip under wraps.

.Sean.
29-06-2014, 12:41 PM
What's the big secret with the tops? Just release them ffs.

Yuillsy
29-06-2014, 01:05 PM
I wouldn't bet on it. I'm sure they will play in last years gear to keep the strip under wraps.

Why not release pictures of it this week then? Usually it's released to the press with a date of when the fans can buy it.
I can't ever remember them playing pre-season games in the previous years strip? It is Hibs though and with so much going on at the club recently I'm sure the strip release is the least of their worries.

PeterboroHibee
29-06-2014, 01:22 PM
Hopefully we don't have a small Marathon Bet logo on the back just under the collar. Looked really stupid when we had the Crabbies logo on the back of the shirt

I imagine it will. More and more clubs seem to have sponsors on the back of their shirts these days, and given weve apparently received a good deal from Marathon, theyll be looking for maximum return on that. If it generates us more money than Ive no problem with it, but then I dont buy the kits so I could understand it being more of an issue for those who do.

What's the big secret with the tops? Just release them ffs.

I agree. Now that Marathon has been revealed as the sponsor, theres nothing stopping them at least revealing the kit. I have a feeling it will be released tomorrow, but I suppose you never know with Hibs.

ScottB
29-06-2014, 05:11 PM
After picking up a Germany top yesterday, the quality and detailing is a million miles from anything we've had in years. Very disappointing really!

Hibeesmad
29-06-2014, 06:32 PM
The sooner we release the kits the sooner stubbsy will be given more funds to bring in players

Billy Whizz
29-06-2014, 06:43 PM
Maybe we have another sponsor still to be announced, like on the shorts etc. Cant release a strip until this has all been agreed

29-06-2014, 07:01 PM
Ridiculous they haven't been released yet tbh. whats the hold up?! surely we should be wanting to inflate the transfer kitty as much as possible, especially under our current circumstances!

Come on hibs get a move on lol!

lord bunberry
29-06-2014, 08:19 PM
Ridiculous they haven't been released yet tbh. whats the hold up?! surely we should be wanting to inflate the transfer kitty as much as possible, especially under our current circumstances!

Come on hibs get a move on lol!

Hibs have contracted the shop out to just sports, I don't think it matters how many we sell

PeterboroHibee
30-06-2014, 06:56 AM
Hibs have contracted the shop out to just sports, I don't think it matters how many we sell

I was pretty sure that was how it worked. Ive seen other clubs who deal with Just Sports and they receive a lump sum rather than a % of sales, so I assume we are in a similar position.

From that end though its surprising that Just Sports havent pushed through the release, particularly when other clubs (eg Dundee United) have done so.

Bristolhibby
30-06-2014, 10:25 AM
Maybe we have another sponsor still to be announced, like on the shorts etc. Cant release a strip until this has all been agreed

Crabbies just announced as the "Back of shirt" sponsors.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140630/crabbies-announced-as-heritage-partner_2262950_3940103

God, they are eeking this kit out. Just show us it!

Oh, and make some signings!

J

Billy Whizz
30-06-2014, 11:09 AM
Crabbies just announced as the "Back of shirt" sponsors.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140630/crabbies-announced-as-heritage-partner_2262950_3940103

God, they are eeking this kit out. Just show us it!

Oh, and make some signings!

J

As I said ha ha

New strip should be along soon, just needed this sponsorship
agreed

hibees4life89
30-06-2014, 11:14 AM
I can see the new kit looking very poor now. Crabbies on the back and a horrible red marathon bet on the front.

portyhibernian
30-06-2014, 11:15 AM
Crabbies on the back again, not fussed really if it means more money to play with on the playing side if things. I think by now we've come to accept the kit will be the usual off the shelf Nike teamwear effort like last years.

marti1875
30-06-2014, 11:21 AM
I can see the new kit looking very poor now. Crabbies on the back and a horrible red marathon bet on the front.

Agree with the logo part. If it is red it'll look awful, red on green, not good at all. Hopefully...hopefully they will have done the logo similar to one of the mock-ups done on here earlier that never had it in red.
Unfortunately i guess the a tual top will be the usual template again.

Billychaotic182
30-06-2014, 11:22 AM
Crabbies on the back again, not fussed really if it means more money to play with on the playing side if things. I think by now we've come to accept the kit will be the usual off the shelf Nike teamwear effort like last years.

It will be the same template as Dundee utd's one

Aldo
30-06-2014, 11:34 AM

We've had red on the front of the strip before with Whyte and Mackay and it looked smart.

Fwiw we don't even know if there will be red on it so best to wait and see.

bingo70
30-06-2014, 11:36 AM
I'm amazed anybody gives the slightest of ****s if there's a bit red on a sponsors logo.

I just can't think of anything that bothers me less.

HH81
30-06-2014, 11:39 AM

Did you see the mock up shirt on here? The marathon signed looked ok in red. Jesus if thats all you have to worry about then life must be easy :rolleyes:

marti1875
30-06-2014, 11:54 AM
Did you see the mock up shirt on here? The marathon signed looked ok in red. Jesus if thats all you have to worry about then life must be easy :rolleyes:

Fwiw i much preferred the mock-ups earlier that had the logo in green as personally the red i thought looked pretty naff....an opinion which i and others i have read too are perfectly entitled to without petty comments on peoples' own personal life's that you probably know absolutely nothing about.

tamig
30-06-2014, 06:01 PM
I'm amazed anybody gives the slightest of ****s if there's a bit red on a sponsors logo.

I just can't think of anything that bothers me less.

Whyte and McKay (sp?) had red on their logo on one of the strips.

tamig
30-06-2014, 06:04 PM
LD will get future kit releases sorted in the future. The last couple have been pretty late I'm sure and a big opportunity lost for folk who like to wear a kit on holiday.

BVB Hibs
30-06-2014, 06:23 PM
Don't really see what the issue is. Although, Dortmund isn't releasing their kit til the end of July and that's the time they tend to do so, so maybe I'm just used to a late kit release?

Won't make much of a difference to Hibs. They'll get a tiny percentage of any income from the strips, if any. The money from the strips will be long in the account. Other than the fact fans want to have the strips out early, the club really doesn't have much prerogative to release the kits any time before the start of the season.

Aaron
30-06-2014, 06:33 PM
It will be the same template as Dundee utd's one

If we get this (in green) as our home top I will be happy.

Renfrew_Hibby
30-06-2014, 08:27 PM
Morton 2014/15 home & away kits both being worn on the mean streets of Greenock today... Leeann needs to sort this for next season as it's now a joke!

SteveHFC
30-06-2014, 08:57 PM
@_StevenGerrard_ (https://twitter.com/_StevenGerrard_) Hi, the friendlies have been selected to ensure #Hibs (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Hibs?src=hash) are ready for 26 July. The 14/15 kit will be unveiled soon, GGTTH,HFC

CapitalGreen
01-07-2014, 09:37 AM
Arsenal aren't revealing their new kit until July 10th. What a shambles of a club.

sadtom
01-07-2014, 10:06 AM
Arsenal aren't revealing their new kit until July 10th. What a shambles of a club.

English schools aren't on holiday til about 10 days later so plenty time for the gooners to purchase theirs in time for holiday wear.
Always a good idea to have them ready for holidays, spreading the word and all that, plus extra sales revenue.
LD has already commented on wanting to see more kids wearing the shirt. Hope this is something that will be dealt with for next year.
Really sick of Hibs always at the 'coo's tail' in recent years.
Always used to be proud of the fact that we were quite innovative as a club and led the way in a number of fields.
Nowadays we seem to have little imagination, are slow of the mark, copy others and display little attention to detail.
Let's be forward thinking leaders again.

MyJo
01-07-2014, 11:47 AM
English schools aren't on holiday til about 10 days later so plenty time for the gooners to purchase theirs in time for holiday wear.
Always a good idea to have them ready for holidays, spreading the word and all that, plus extra sales revenue.
LD has already commented on wanting to see more kids wearing the shirt. Hope this is something that will be dealt with for next year.
Really sick of Hibs always at the 'coo's tail' in recent years.
Always used to be proud of the fact that we were quite innovative as a club and led the way in a number of fields.
Nowadays we seem to have little imagination, are slow of the mark, copy others and display little attention to detail.
Let's be forward thinking leaders again.

I'd rather we started being winners again before anything else to be honest.

sadtom
01-07-2014, 12:44 PM
I'd rather we started being winners again before anything else to be honest.

Obviously. But this wasn't on a thread about results/performances.

Hibs90
02-07-2014, 03:40 PM
Just seen a pic. horrendous, hopefully the away or training top

Jones28
02-07-2014, 03:41 PM
Just seen a pic. horrendous, hopefully the away or training top

Description?

Hibs90
02-07-2014, 03:42 PM
www.4gp.tw/b036/1404315711189.jpg

Pretty Boy
02-07-2014, 03:43 PM

:jamboak:

Jones28
02-07-2014, 03:44 PM

Away top, surely!

Looks like the usual **** we will get from nike

SteveHFC
02-07-2014, 03:45 PM
www.4gp.tw/b036/1404315711189.jpg (http://www.4gp.tw/b036/1404315711189.jpg)

http://nesncom.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/joe-girardi.gif

NOLA
02-07-2014, 03:46 PM

i really hate that logo, hideous.

robinp
Away top, surely!

Looks like the usual **** we will get from nike

Training top..... I hope!

cabbageandribs1875
ah well, no training top for me this year, thanks hibs

mentalhibee
02-07-2014, 03:50 PM
That's terrible!!!

Stax
02-07-2014, 03:54 PM
Definitely not a thing of beauty,..looks like a training top be fair. The red looks gantin with the green though.

HH81
02-07-2014, 03:55 PM
That will be the home shirt

The_Todd
02-07-2014, 03:56 PM
That doesn't look even vaguely like a real shirt. Nice try.

mentalhibee
02-07-2014, 03:58 PM
ah well, no training top for me this year, thanks hibs

Doubt it's a training top, look at the amount of them on the railing behind. Horrible shirt!

Groathillgrump
02-07-2014, 04:01 PM

That looks cheap 'n' nasty. Hope the actual home kit is better but anything with that Marathon Bet logo is gonna look horrible. :bitchy:

hibsfan
02-07-2014, 04:09 PM
Hate to say it, but that is a playing kit template - the training templates for next season are quite different

dp00
02-07-2014, 04:10 PM
Certainly looks like it's at hibs with the green in background

Mon Dieu4
02-07-2014, 04:12 PM
If that is the top then it is easily the worst home top I've ever seen

BVB Hibs
02-07-2014, 04:14 PM
I actually quite like that, probably consider buying it if it does end up being our strip. Marathon bet logo isn't anywhere near as bad as I'd have imagined either. Seems it's just me though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ManBearPig
02-07-2014, 04:15 PM
thats awful... when designs on a forum ar miles better something is rotten bring back lecoq!

Hibby70
02-07-2014, 04:17 PM
Do Hibs have no say in these designs (or any club for that matter)

Green Reaper
02-07-2014, 04:21 PM
Not for me if that is the home top. Would be okay in purple for away top though

portyhibernian
02-07-2014, 04:25 PM
Absolutely howfin top. Everything about Hibs right now is utter pish.

lord bunberry
02-07-2014, 04:26 PM
That is easily the worst top I've ever seen, I hope it looks better in real life.

Thecat23
02-07-2014, 04:28 PM
Sadly I've just been told by one of the players they think that's the home top.

That truly is a shocker!!!

Edit... He's winding me up! So now I have no idea lol.

R'Albin
02-07-2014, 04:29 PM
How long is our agreement with Marathon?!

sambajustice
02-07-2014, 04:32 PM
Think I'll probably stop supporting hibs if that is the top!!

Its just a tshirt!!!

You can probably buy them without any logo or badge for about 12.99!

Petrie must be a jambo or something! As if we weren't enough of a laughing stock!!

Deary me!

On closer inspection of nike teamwear looks we've been given the cheapest kit out there :faf:

hibees4life89
02-07-2014, 04:38 PM
How long is our agreement with Marathon?!

2 year deal with the option of a 1 year extension I believe.

Bronson
02-07-2014, 04:44 PM
It looks more like a training top. Please be a training top... or even better a wind up :pray:

If that is one of our tops, home or away, it's one of the worst I've ever seen. Absolutely bowfing bit of kit.

HH81
02-07-2014, 04:45 PM
Someone said on here it was all green this year so you can bet this is the kit.

The_Horde
02-07-2014, 04:47 PM
That would be a decent away top. Pish if it's the home though

The_Horde
02-07-2014, 04:49 PM
Someone said on here it was all green this year so you can bet this is the kit.

Did they not also say there was a collar on it?

Speedway
02-07-2014, 04:55 PM
Calm your tits lads, I've been told that's a match day warm up shirt.

Bad Habits
02-07-2014, 04:59 PM

Thank god, that top is honking

Aaron
02-07-2014, 05:05 PM
It is listed here as an official team template for 2014/2015:

The Nike Park V Kit is the most simple and cheapest Nike template. Available in nearly all colors for 16 Euro.

http://www.footyheadlines.com/2014/01/nike-14-15-teamwear-kits-nike-2014-2015.html

You can buy it for £8.99 here:

http://www.newitts.com/product/IT034112/Nike_Park_V_Game_Football_Shirt.htm?LGWCODE=IT0511 46;49145;3037&utm_source=Google+Base&utm_term=IT051146&utm_medium=Price+Comparison&utm_campaign=Google+Product+Listings+Ads&gclid=CI6-rduOp78CFWf4wgodoiEAOg

sbell1875
02-07-2014, 05:06 PM

I have a Barcelona away top from 10/11 which is that template. Surely we can't be going for a 4 year old template?

Bad enough using the template socks Dundee United wore 2 seasons ago!

Bristolhibby
02-07-2014, 05:11 PM
Away shirt anyone?

May be both getting launched simultaneously.

It's not as if we need a third shirt as nobody plays in Green in the Championship except us.

J

Bristolhibby
02-07-2014, 05:12 PM

Crisis over, and I applaud Hibs for having them available to sell.

J

OB1875
02-07-2014, 05:13 PM
Looks legit to me, certainly doesn't look photoshopped.

Hard to tell if training or an actual kit as there is a lot of them on racks by the look of things. Wouldn't mind if it was an away but I would have preferred them Marathon logo to have had it's colour changed.

Hopefully is a match day warm up shirt though as stated.

hibsfan
02-07-2014, 05:16 PM
Only hope is down to the fact we surely wouldn't use the same template twice in a row... Also - marathon logo on new fulham shirt is different to this one..

... Any thoughts as to what the white text on the shoulder says?

Aaron
02-07-2014, 05:19 PM
Only hope is down to the fact we surely wouldn't use the same template twice in a row... Also - marathon logo on new fulham shirt is different to this one..

I don't think that is the same template though - different collar. Also why would they embroider the white writing on the shoulder if it were a training top?

green glory
02-07-2014, 05:23 PM
No white sleeves ergo NOT our home top. It really is that simple.

Calm down folks. :-)

Hibs90
02-07-2014, 05:27 PM
Whether it's home/away/training it is absolutely rotten. Hibs should let the fans pick the templates if that's the crap were are ending up with. Looks cheap and nasty.

Speedway
02-07-2014, 05:30 PM

'Petrie Out'

lord bunberry
02-07-2014, 05:32 PM

It's the phone number for the Samaritans

Waxy
02-07-2014, 05:36 PM
How long is our agreement with Marathon?!26 miles?

R'Albin
02-07-2014, 05:39 PM
26 miles?

:greengrin

Waxy
02-07-2014, 06:01 PM
I reckon it'd be fine to go for an all green top for once. What did hibbys say on hibs.chalkboard in the 1930s when we appeared with white sleeve?" What is this with white sleeve? Not it is the Hibernian we all know but some other fanciful modern idea"

Onceinawhile
02-07-2014, 06:09 PM
26 miles?

A marathon is 26.2 miles. It was 26 miles but it was extended for the original London Olympics so that the finish was in line with the royal box.

also that top is horrid. Presume it's training.

sambajustice
02-07-2014, 07:11 PM
Thats definitely the strip!

Bottle green.

All Green! Nae White!

Look at early 1900's kits... 1914...

"Their memory marches on..." is what the writing on the shoulder says...

Hibernia Na Eir
02-07-2014, 07:13 PM

what utter rubbish.

Exceptionally crap quality. Again.

Hibernia Na Eir
02-07-2014, 07:14 PM

it's still gonna cost big bucks and it's the usual utter tripe quality.

Forever_Green93
02-07-2014, 07:18 PM

That is rank!

Bristolhibby
02-07-2014, 07:22 PM

Bottle green.

All Green! Nae White!

You are joking?!?

sambajustice
02-07-2014, 07:25 PM
You are joking?!?

Absolutely 100% not joking.

Thats what the shoulder writing is, i'm assuming its a reference to WW1. Looked at Hibs historical kits and the early 1900's was all green...

Its all starting to make sense!

GlasgowHibee
02-07-2014, 07:26 PM
That is absolutely awful. :rolleyes:

Hibernia Na Eir
02-07-2014, 07:26 PM
Absolutely 100% not joking.

Thats what the shoulder writing is, i'm assuming its a reference to WW1. Looked at Hibs historical kits and the early 1900's was all green...

Its all starting to make sense!

oh dear.

One of THE worst Hibernian tops in living memory then.

madhatter
02-07-2014, 07:30 PM
I'll buy it.

What's in the shirt is what counts. Wonder if it will be dark green shorts and socks...

weonlywon6-2
02-07-2014, 07:30 PM
I think its magic !!!!

.Sean.
02-07-2014, 07:31 PM

Bottle green.

All Green! Nae White!

I was dead against the white sleeves being dropped but If that's the case and it's to tie in with a memorial for the war then I've absolutely no qualms with veering from tradition for a year. Infact I think it's a tremendous gesture.

Green&White
02-07-2014, 07:31 PM
Could it possibly be the away one? There is no other team that wear green in our league this season so might be going two different greens home and away? #clutchingatstraws

lord bunberry
02-07-2014, 07:32 PM
I wonder if anyone from the club is looking in to see the response to the new kit

GoldenEagle
02-07-2014, 07:33 PM
I was dead against the white sleeves being dropped but If that's the case and it's to tie in with a memorial for the war then I've absolutely no qualms with veering from tradition for a year. Infact I think it's a tremendous gesture.

Still makes it a horrendous top though, white sleeves or no white sleeves.

The goalie
02-07-2014, 07:34 PM
the 1914 strip had white shorts.
Indeed we had white shorts until 1929, so not only horrid but historically inaccurate! (If it has green shorts)

BOB MARLEYS DUG
02-07-2014, 07:35 PM
Wont be buying that, will go for the away top, if it's nicer.

.Sean.
Still makes it a horrendous top though, white sleeves or no white sleeves.
We've had a few honking kits recently, last seasons and that awful two tone one from a couple years back.

The new strip is the least of of our worries.

sambajustice
http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Hibernian/hibernian.htm

bingo70
02-07-2014, 07:41 PM
We've had a few honking kits recently, last seasons and that awful two tone one from a couple years back.

The new strip is the least of of our worries.

I thought we could never get any worse than that yellow monstrosity a few years ago but we've managed it.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
02-07-2014, 07:49 PM
Got a feeling this may well be a training top....

lord bunberry
02-07-2014, 07:50 PM
I thought we could never get any worse than that yellow monstrosity a few years ago but we've managed it.

I'm sure the yellow strip was when we were last relegated, maybe they go a bit mad when we go down.

madhatter
02-07-2014, 07:56 PM
It will be the strip and in an attempt to respect those back in 1914, I will buy the strip and support the club I love.

Don't particularly like it or dislike it. I do like the bottle green colour but it would have been nice to have had some white on it especially with the MarathonBet bit anyway...

Above all else, I will like the strip more should we get decent players to wear it and we win games. I will hate the strip should we lose and suffer embarrassment.

With this and ST prices not budging, I really do hope that we will have sufficient numbers sticking with the club - I know it is/will be difficult as per usual!

Hiber-nation
02-07-2014, 08:03 PM
Got a feeling this may well be a training top....

With a sponsor logo? It has to be the away top. Please not the home....

zlatan
02-07-2014, 08:13 PM
https://images.encyclopediadramatica.es/1/19/The_Goggles,_they_do_nothing!.gif

dp00
02-07-2014, 08:26 PM
Surely they should get the folk off here and the bounce who have made some amazing designs in a room and come up with something really good

bingo70
02-07-2014, 08:32 PM
Surely they should get the folk off here and the bounce who have made some amazing designs in a room and come up with something really good

Why would they when they can buy a Shan pub team strip fir about £8 and sell it for £40 odds?

West hamBERNIAN
02-07-2014, 08:37 PM
I think it would be alright without the red and light green badge. Probably look better on too.

ian cruise
02-07-2014, 08:50 PM
I'm sure the yellow strip was when we were last relegated, maybe they go a bit mad when we go down.

We've had at least two yellow ones since then. There was the sunshine on leith strip and the yellow away the year we put both the bigot bros put the cup only to lose to liv (I'm sure that was yellow away). Was it not purple away the year we went down?

Slim Shady
02-07-2014, 08:51 PM
A marathon is 26.2 miles. It was 26 miles but it was extended for the original London Olympics so that the finish was in line with the royal box.

also that top is horrid. Presume it's training.

Off topic - but your wrong my friend :tsk tsk:

A 'proper' marathon is always 26.2 miles, thus being the exact distance a soldier ran from Marathon to Athens to advise the Persians had been defeated before duly collapsing and dying.

The Olympic (or any marathon) can not be increased by more that 0.1% otherwise it will nullify the Official Record. It also can not be less than 26.2 Miles.

And althought the tops is terrible, I will still be forking out for my two lads to wear with pride :flag:

SaulGoodman
02-07-2014, 08:56 PM
Can't properly post photos on my phone but this was on twitter, Booths top seems the same colour so id imagine that the photo posted really is the home top.

lugz
02-07-2014, 09:04 PM
Can't properly post photos on my phone but this was on twitter, Booths top seems the same colour so id imagine that the photo posted really is the home top.

if the sponsor was in the middle of the top that would be a much better choice!

davhibby
02-07-2014, 09:14 PM
I quite like it.

Diclonius
02-07-2014, 09:39 PM
Yeah, why not.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
02-07-2014, 10:00 PM
Pre match warm up top?

Scotty-1875
02-07-2014, 10:10 PM
Pre match warm up top?

I'm clutching at the same straws you are

SMAXXA
02-07-2014, 10:16 PM
With a sponsor logo? It has to be the away top. Please not the home....

Not necessarily, all the kit we will be wearing will have marathon logo branding on them, training gear included.

sambajustice
02-07-2014, 10:18 PM
You dont get warm up gear with long sleeves!

Billychaotic182
02-07-2014, 10:19 PM
To me that logo looks like it's going to have the same problems as the crabbies logo and peal off after a few washed. Looks like a cheap Nike Tshirt the a hibs badge on it. Hope it is just a pre match top. Might look better in person like the new Scotland away top did

Johnny_Leith
02-07-2014, 10:21 PM
Isn't that last seasons training top with a marathon bet logo stuck on the front? Looks like a wind up to me, certainly hope so!!!

db03
02-07-2014, 10:24 PM
No thought gone into that top!
What a let down, horrible!!

Sir David Gray
02-07-2014, 10:33 PM
To me that logo looks like it's going to have the same problems as the crabbies logo and peal off after a few washed. Looks like a cheap Nike Tshirt the a hibs badge on it. Hope it is just a pre match top. Might look better in person like the new Scotland away top did

:agree: That would be my take on it too, from looking at the photo that was posted earlier on, provided it was actually genuine.

If the sponsor is the same design as last year, I won't be buying it.

SMAXXA
02-07-2014, 11:05 PM
You dont get warm up gear with long sleeves!

Yeah you do

BOB MARLEYS DUG
02-07-2014, 11:55 PM
Yeah you do

Is that the strip SMAXXA?

DAVE1875
03-07-2014, 05:18 AM
Doesn't stop me from pining over some of the design knockups posted in this thread. If that's the home kit it makes me want them even more :boo hoo:

bigwheel
03-07-2014, 05:41 AM
if hibs have actually done this as our home strip, they couldn't have made a worse job of it. firstly, it comes over as a copycat manouver to what hearts have done this year, playing on the anniversary of ww1. Secondly, if they did want to do that, then at least make a quality replica that looks like the strips back then. this looks like a bad version of a sunday pub teams kit...it has no class, no sense of history. it will be by far, the worst choice in kit in living memory..i.

NatureBoy
03-07-2014, 06:43 AM
That kit is repulsive, surely that is not our home kit? Always invest in a strip but will be giving it a miss this year if this is what's on offer.
:confused:

Bristolhibby
03-07-2014, 06:46 AM
Yea, the WW1 thing is a joke.

I've always had a problem creme rating the START of a war.

We remember the dead every year on the 11th of November. And Armed Forces day has sprung up as well.

I would have said that the 11/11/2018 should be the appropriate day.

That said I have severe doubts about the quality of that sponsor.

J

NatureBoy
03-07-2014, 07:12 AM

We remember the dead every year on the 11th of November. And Armed Forces day has sprung up as well.

J

I agree. IMO if we're going to make the gesture of honouring the fallen from WW1, it's kind of disrespectful to plaster the kit with gambling and alcohol companies. Either do it properly or not all at! A half arsed attempt is frankly insulting.

Northern Hibby
03-07-2014, 07:31 AM
I'll wait till I see it properly, a photo taken in a dark store room on a phone is never gonna look good, I'll reserve judgment until I see it on a new signing ;-)

GreenCastle
03-07-2014, 08:01 AM
Did Butcher design that before he left ?! :grr:

Stevie Reid
03-07-2014, 09:02 AM
I would be perfectly happy if that were our new home top.

Billy McKirdy
03-07-2014, 09:03 AM
Was sent this by a friend.
Don't know if it's genuine but I like it.

Dibben
03-07-2014, 09:08 AM

Photoshop. Not genuine unfortunately!

Billy McKirdy
03-07-2014, 09:10 AM
Photoshop. Not genuine unfortunately!

That's a pity because I think it's perfect, hope that all over bottle green effort really is just a training top.

Billychaotic182
03-07-2014, 09:12 AM

That's a mock up made by a poster on here

nellio
03-07-2014, 09:14 AM
Thats a mock up from this very thread!

MyJo
03-07-2014, 09:23 AM

J

I dont think its got anything to do with WW1.

Thier memory marches on is a line from Glory Glory to the Hibees referring to the famous five. Given that we lost Lawrie Reilly last year i take it as being a tribute to them rather than anything to do with the war. I think everyone is getting thier knickers in a twist because Hearts continue to shamelessly associate themselves to Macrae's etc and have done so with the "commemorative strip" this season

SaulGoodman
03-07-2014, 09:28 AM

Thier memory marches on is a line from Glory Glory to the Hibees referring to the famous five. Given that we lost Lawrie Reilly last year i take it as being a tribute to them rather than anything to do with the war. I think everyone is getting thier knickers in a twist because Hearts continue to shamelessly associate themselves to Macrae's etc and have done so with the "commemorative strip" this season

Tin hat on, but at least the Yams commemorative kit doesn't look like it came straight out the bargain bin.

"So, what should we do for our commemorative kit?"

"Let's take last seasons top but change the colour, Perfect, people will love this"

Charnley 4
03-07-2014, 09:30 AM
The link to that new kit is not working for me here. Could someone please save and upload to thread?

Thanks!

BarneyK
03-07-2014, 09:34 AM
Tin hat on, but at least the Yams commemorative kit doesn't look like it came straight out the bargain bin.

"Let's take last seasons top but change the colour, Perfect, people will love this"

Got to say I agree with this. Aside from the colour, theirs is a very nice effort. Then again, I do like Adidas.

MrRobot
03-07-2014, 09:35 AM
I actually quite like it. Not as the home top as the home top should be a lighter green and have white sleeves IMO. If it was a 3rd kit or away, I would be pretty happy with it.

Hibs90
03-07-2014, 09:36 AM

Pretty Boy
03-07-2014, 09:38 AM

Would a more fitting tribute to the Famous Five not have been a 50s style top with a collar?

MyJo

No arguments from me, looks like a horrible shiny material with no thought or design gone into creating it. I can only hope that it is some sort of "heritage" kit that we will be using as an away or third strip next season or someone has stuck a marathon bet logo on the worst looking green strip they could find as a massive wind up.

i can but hope

Charnley 4
12940Thanks for doing so quickly.

Given the amount of them there I would imagine that is the kit. Training tops don't usually have sponsors on either do they?

MyJo
03-07-2014, 09:40 AM
Would a more fitting tribute to the Famous Five not have been a 50s style top with a collar?

The mock up of the nike template that Dundee United are using for thier away kit would have been perfect and much more fitting for a FF tribute to be included on

MrRobot
03-07-2014, 09:47 AM
Think I'll probably stop supporting hibs if that is the top!!

Its just a tshirt!!!

You can probably buy them without any logo or badge for about 12.99!

Petrie must be a jambo or something! As if we weren't enough of a laughing stock!!

Deary me!

On closer inspection of nike teamwear looks we've been given the cheapest kit out there :faf:

Wow :rolleyes:

J-C
03-07-2014, 09:51 AM

Is it not a tribute to the troops of WWI, hence the darker green and no white sleeves.

Bristolhibby
03-07-2014, 09:53 AM
It is the home kit, and the memory refers to the F5.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140703/every-legend-has-a-beginning_2262950_3946929

J

Keith_M
03-07-2014, 09:55 AM
It's bl**dy well real!

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?286413-Official-Site-Every-Legend-Has-A-Beginning (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?286413-Official-Site-Every-Legend-Has-A-Beginning)

BarneyK
03-07-2014, 09:56 AM

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140703/every-legend-has-a-beginning_2262950_3946929

J

Looks a bit better in those pics but the logo still completely ruins it...unfortunately.

Hibs90
03-07-2014, 09:57 AM
The idea behind it is sound, the kit just looks honking.

Jonny1875
03-07-2014, 09:58 AM

Agree maybe a white collar and white arms would have improved it. Black socks aswell looks daft.

Hibee_Dave
Slap in the face after slap in the face after slap in the face.

Nice idea but it's cheap looking crap.

J-C

J

Right so it was because they were all born when the solid bottle green top was being used, very cryptic that is :confused: and when you see the historic kit from that day, it is a plain round neck bottle green, so factually they have it correct.

Matt92
03-07-2014, 09:59 AM
That is absolutely minging. Worst hibs strip since I can remember :sick:

Centre Hawf
03-07-2014, 09:59 AM
Absolutely honking kit.

J-C
03-07-2014, 10:00 AM
If they had made it less shiny and cheap looking with a granddad style collar, it would've looked a lot better.

MrRobot
03-07-2014, 10:00 AM
Seeing it on, I actually really like it. Looks a bit on the baggy side so just hoping the small will fit :agree:

The white shorts and black socks compliment it well. And the added touch of the writing on it is a nice gesture.

easty
03-07-2014, 10:03 AM
I don't like it. I'm not going to get all uptight about it though, it's just a football strip. If Stubbs gets us playing well I couldnae care less if it's this strip or some green skin tight leather effort with nipple tassels attached to the front they're playing in.

If you don't like it dinnae buy it. Greeting that "the club" are doing everything they can to piss us off is just pointless nonsense.

DarrenSQH
03-07-2014, 10:03 AM
Looks cheap, crap and wrong. The famous five played in light green with white sleeves.

Hope their memory marching on doesnt wash off like last years printing on the top.

mentalhibee
03-07-2014, 10:06 AM
The big sponsor logo totally ruins the top.

Ross4356
03-07-2014, 10:08 AM
Terrible top, lets hope we get the same design at Dundee Utd for the away one

BroxburnHibee
03-07-2014, 10:09 AM
If they wanted to honour them then why not the strip they wore??????

This is a money decision - pure and simple

TB134
03-07-2014, 10:10 AM
I like the idea of it, a retro kit from past glory days. A nice touch. and nice to see the descendants of our famous five modelling the kit. I like the bottle green colour, and I hope we have better luck wearing it this season. GGTTH.

DarrenSQH
03-07-2014, 10:10 AM

that they dont want any?

Pretty Boy
03-07-2014, 10:11 AM

Absolutely this. great idea, horrible execution.

It doesn't even look retro, it just looks ****ing cheap and nasty.

GoldenMeerkat
03-07-2014, 10:12 AM
Cheap looking garbage.

BroxburnHibee
03-07-2014, 10:12 AM
that they dont want any?

Cheapest possible - variation on a template

Thecat23
03-07-2014, 10:13 AM
Utter bull****, using things like "we want to honer our past heroes"

Hibs have went for the cheap and nasty template here with a very poor strip. They can **** right off with that ****ty thing. I honestly am sick to death of the disappointment time after time.

FOR ONCE LISTEN TO THE FANS, you bunch of clowns!!!

Paloschi
03-07-2014, 10:16 AM
They are just trying to put positive spin on something that is clearly down to money.

What happened to Hibs being transparent with the fans now? Why not just say 'we can't afford to spend more on the kit this season.'

It smacks of what was said yesterday regarding season tickets and putting positive spin on it and them thinking the fans are stupid.

Unreal.

Also get an effin assistant manager and some players in please. Joke.

Bronson
03-07-2014, 10:18 AM
Hibs have clearly went for the cheapest option but it's going to backfire. Everyone hates this kit so who's actually going to buy it? They moan about poor season ticket sales affecting the manager's budget but bringing out that piece of sh*t isn't going to help the funds either.

They should stop hiring whoever they do to design these kits and just ask the fans on here. Some absolutely cracking designs, this being my personal favourite, one on the right is stunning.

Billy McKirdy
03-07-2014, 10:19 AM
I love it. A complete break from tradition. I always thought that the white sleeves was more a tribute to Arsenal than a Hibs tradition and the insistence on white sleeves year in and out has held us back as far as strip design is concerned, it's the colours I wear that's important.
I welcome this.

MrRobot
03-07-2014, 10:19 AM
Utter bull****, using things like "we want to honer our past heroes"

Hibs have went for the cheap and nasty template here with a very poor strip. They can **** right off with that ****ty thing. I honestly am sick to death of the disappointment time after time.

FOR ONCE LISTEN TO THE FANS, you bunch of clowns!!!

It's just a kit. Like seriously, just a top for the players to wear on matchday. It's not that big a deal, surely?

It's a case of if you don't like it, don't buy it.

Hope the away kit is a white and green design.

Thecat23
03-07-2014, 10:22 AM
It's just a kit. Like seriously, just a top for the players to wear on matchday. It's not that big a deal, surely?

It's a case of if you don't like it, don't buy it.

Hope the away kit is a white and green design.

It's the fact they have gone out and got an £8 template design. They talk about us buying things like strips etc.. To make money. It's universally hated so how's that thing going to bring in money??

For the record I'm 36 so don't buy strips but I buy for my boy. I'll not be buying this ***** that's for sure.

Well done the marketing team for the biggest **** up in a long time.

Sergio sledge
03-07-2014, 10:26 AM
It's the fact they have gone out and got an £8 template design. They talk about us buying things like strips etc.. To make money. It's universally hated so how's that thing going to bring in money??

For the record I'm 36 so don't buy strips but I buy for my boy. I'll not be buying this ***** that's for sure.

Do we know how the kit deal is structured? Do we (the club) benefit from choosing the cheapest option out of the teamwear range? Do we get a percentage of kit sales?

They'll not be selling record levels with this strip that's for sure, but it's not as bad as it first looked. Some folk are going way over the top in their reaction, if you like it, buy it, if you don't like it, don't buy it.

My wee boy will be delighted to get his new Hibs strip, it's the Hibs badge on the top that matters to him.

Auckland Hibs
03-07-2014, 10:27 AM
Shocking strip, cheap & nasty. I wouldn't wear it if they were handing it out for free.

Good god, when the **** are we going to get some positive news out of the club?!

marinello59

Universally hated? Granted it ain't going to sell well on Jupiter or Mars but I'll be buying one for wee M59. I might even treat myself to one a size too small for my beer gut and wear it on holiday.
Remember that down the slope effort that was greeted with scorn yet we all ended up wearing.:greengrin

The goalie

Exactly! The nike template even has the collar in the style the guys wore!!! really good idea, put into practise really, really badly! Its the Hibernian way!

Aaron
03-07-2014, 10:30 AM
Out of all the templates we had to choose from Nike this season the Nike Park V template we went for was the cheapest to buy. Dundee Utd away template Nike Laser II was the most expensive on offer. Are you surprised?

E10 Rifle
03-07-2014, 10:31 AM
It is more in keeping with our recent history than our past as this is pathetic. :embarrass

Scotty-1875
03-07-2014, 10:33 AM
Surely someone in that marketing team must realise that if we were to have a decent looking strip like this one, the mock-up that was created on here, that they would sell more and make more money?
Getting the cheapest template and trying to market it as a strip to remember Hibs legends is just mental.

brian6-2
03-07-2014, 10:33 AM
what a bunch of jessies.

greeting about the new strip.

get a grip for ****s sake.

Dan Sarf
03-07-2014, 10:34 AM
What's on the back of it?

(I was thinking of wearing it back to front.)

cabbageandribs1875
03-07-2014, 10:36 AM
What's on the back of it?

(I was thinking of wearing it back to front.)

or better still, inside out

TheFamous1875
03-07-2014, 10:37 AM
what a bunch of jessies.

OI, mate. That's dangerous close to being offensive towards jessies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

brian6-2
03-07-2014, 10:38 AM
OI, mate. That's dangerous close to being offensive towards jessies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

plenty of them on this thread.

hhibs
03-07-2014, 10:51 AM
Cheap and nasty looking,another fine mess.

Brooster
03-07-2014, 10:55 AM
Absolutely horrendous, who thinks up this tosh? Can we not just stick to the same shade of green with white sleeves every season instead of tinkering with the colour and design all the time. I usually but two home and away kits for my sons every season but I will not be buying this mess. Someone needs to have a word with themselves.

GreenLake
03-07-2014, 10:56 AM
I might like this strip if the team wins the Championship in it.

Hibercelona
03-07-2014, 10:58 AM
Awful. The sponser logo doesn't do it any favours either. They seem to get bigger and bigger every year.

TowerHibs
03-07-2014, 10:58 AM
Absolutely horrendous, who thinks up this tosh? Can we not just stick to the same shade of green with white sleeves every season instead of tinkering with the colour and design all the time. I usually but two home and away kits for my sons every season but I will not be buying this mess. Someone needs to have a word with themselves.

What if your boys want one? Serious question? You would deny them that and the club money cause you dont like it? Not having a pop, just enquiring

Sean1875
03-07-2014, 11:07 AM
what a bunch of jessies.

considered the fact that as a result of this honking effort they will sell less strips and therefore there will be less money available for the manager? think about it all before you start insulting folk for putting their opinion across.

Notahappyhibee
03-07-2014, 11:11 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/03/e8a4u4y5.jpg
This is just a training top with a advert on it !??????

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Brooster
03-07-2014, 11:12 AM
What if your boys want one? Serious question? You would deny them that and the club money cause you dont like it? Not having a pop, just enquiring

I've asked them what they think of it and they think it is horrible.

Callum_62
03-07-2014, 11:15 AM
Looks incredibly cheap n nasty in the pictures

red on the marathon logo too.... :bitchy:

All in all, a real crappy effort - particularly trying to pass it off as a memorial to the F5....at the very minimum have a nice quality looking material....

Atleast we have all these new signings modelling it though....

Oh, right... :embarrass

E10 Rifle
03-07-2014, 11:15 AM
It's just another example of the club treating the supporters as total mugs and embarrassing us further.:fuming:

SouthamptonHibs
03-07-2014, 11:18 AM
What an awful strip!

Terrible on the eye.

The sponsor logo is something else, it takes up most of the kit!

Championship team FY14/15, we've just produced a Championship style top (2nd tier)

Now that the excitment of the new strip has passed me by can we have some QUALITY signing please?

SouthamptonHibs
03-07-2014, 11:19 AM
It's just another example of the club treating the supporters as total mugs and embarrassing us further.:fuming:

:top marks

stantonhibby
03-07-2014, 11:19 AM

Deary me. Drama queens are out in force today. If you dont like it dont buy it.

SouthamptonHibs
03-07-2014, 11:21 AM
Surely someone in that marketing team must realise that if we were to have a decent looking strip like this one, the mock-up that was created on here, that they would sell more and make more money?
Getting the cheapest template and trying to market it as a strip to remember Hibs legends is just mental.

The above strip looks quality and would sell more.
Ive no idea who is in charge of the strip design but we've just been sold a pup!

Cheapest template to make = reduced sales guaranteed = less money for Hibs.

J-C
03-07-2014, 11:21 AM

Not really, it's a poor looking top which after all the troubles we've had recently puts us in a bad light, makes us look like skinflints.

brian6-2
03-07-2014, 11:23 AM
considered the fact that as a result of this honking effort they will sell less strips and therefore there will be less money available for the manager? think about it all before you start insulting folk for putting their opinion across.

I did think about it, and all im doing is putting my opinion across.

is it not who wears the strip on the pitch that counts?

SMAXXA
03-07-2014, 11:23 AM
I actually quite like it seeing it on the official page. It's interesting as the training gear is light green with white sleeves

brian6-2
03-07-2014, 11:24 AM

Sean1875
03-07-2014, 11:25 AM
I did think about it, and all im doing is putting my opinion across.

is it not who wears the strip on the pitch that counts?

of course it's who puts on the strip that counts, but to give ourselves the best chance of recruiting a high calibre of player to put on that strip in the first place we should be releasing strips that can generate the most income, and that is not one of them.

portyhibernian
That's not a fitting tribute to the famous 5, all that is is a training top with a Hibs badge chucked on it. Garbage.

Thecat23
Folk saying "it's only a top" and "drama queens" you are totally missing the point here.

Hibs put out the new strips so fans buy them and the money goes to the team. They really have gone with the cheapest option here and it could have a big effect on our budget.

We are struggling to sell season tickets right now and are way below what we should be selling. This was a real opportunity to do this right and bring out a top that will sell very well.

Instead it's a Sunday league template that if you buy in bulk get for £8 a top. The sponsor looks like it'll peel right off and to top it all, they have the cheek to pass it off as a tribute top!!! WTF?

So if that's me being a drama queen I'm sorry, I just want the best for Hibs and this is far from it.

RyeSloan
03-07-2014, 11:27 AM

Tosh...the strip is the uniform of the team...if that looks crap (and there is no doubt it is) then what does that do for the image of the club.

Also strip sales and supporter goodwill are important for the club, for Hibs to achieve near universal disdain from its support in the kit choice is not just 'if you don't' like it don't buy it' scenario.

Sure the sky is not going to fall down but it's hardly helping to build bridges or generate critical revenue either is it?

JimBHibees
03-07-2014, 11:27 AM
Think the top is ok. Not sure about the white shorts, black socks and sponsors logo. Bottom line is those that will buy it will do. The FF idea is a good one however should have been a copy of the top that they wore when playing.