PDA

View Full Version : NHC Fulton

hibees 7062
30-01-2014, 09:10 PM
Swansea signing Jay Fulton from Falkirk

Reaper
30-01-2014, 09:11 PM
Swansea signing Jay Fulton from Falkirk

Not heard much about him lately. Good luck to him.

Hibernia Na Eir
30-01-2014, 09:13 PM
aiming high are the Swans !
that's a Hearts player and now a Falkirk player this week. When will the power buying end? ? ?

hibees 7062
30-01-2014, 09:14 PM
Not heard much about him lately. Good luck to him.

His 2 brothers play for Falkirk aswell .

Northernhibee
30-01-2014, 09:17 PM
Out of that Falkirk squad I'd love to see us have a look at Craig Sibbald and Connor McGrandles - have to say that although I've not seen a huge amount of Falkirk they're both good players.

Hibernia Na Eir
30-01-2014, 09:19 PM
Nothing against these lads, but, they'll be back up here before you can say 'sorry Rudi'.

hibees 7062
30-01-2014, 09:20 PM
Out of that Falkirk squad I'd love to see us have a look at Craig Sibbald and Connor McGrandles - have to say that although I've not seen a huge amount of Falkirk they're both good players.

They are after Stephen Kingsley aswell

Sylar
30-01-2014, 09:20 PM
There's a wealth of talent down in that division and I can't help but wonder what it is that prevents SPL clubs foraging from the clubs there.

Stefan Scougall and Coll Donaldson (both ex-Livingston) signed for Sheffield Wednesday and QPR respectively this week. Granted, I'm not sure many SPL clubs could compete with the fees paid but there's talent to be had down there.

Youthful talent too, who given the right development opportunities, could be a valuable addition to most SPL clubs.

Billy Whizz
30-01-2014, 09:23 PM
There's a wealth of talent down in that division and I can't help but wonder what it is that prevents SPL clubs foraging from the clubs there.

Stefan Scougall and Coll Donaldson (both ex-Livingston) signed for Sheffield Wednesday and QPR respectively this week. Granted, I'm not sure many SPL clubs could compete with the fees paid but there's talent to be had down there.

Youthful talent too, who given the right development opportunities, could be a valuable addition to most SPL clubs.

There is a lot of talent available. The bigger clubs in England are paying fees with add ons, and the Scottish clubs can't compete with this. Shame

Pretty Boy
30-01-2014, 09:30 PM
Good wee player imo.

Good luck to him, he'll need it if he looks like his old man.

nribs
30-01-2014, 09:32 PM

Youthful talent too, who given the right development opportunities, could be a valuable addition to most SPL clubs.unfortunately Scougall signed for the wrong Sheffield team and joined UTD

Sylar
30-01-2014, 09:35 PM
unfortunately Scougall signed for the wrong Sheffield team and joined UTD

:agree: - my bad.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-01-2014, 09:42 PM
Great young prospect!

H18sry
31-01-2014, 08:25 AM
Nothing against these lads, but, they'll be back up here before you can say 'sorry Rudi'.

What do you base that suggestion on? Most of the recent young Scottish players who have headed south have made a go of it and are still plying there trade down there. :agree:

Jones28
31-01-2014, 09:36 AM
This is how it's going to be for a long, long time. The best scottish youngsters will, instead of joining the top division and then on to England will go straight down. The fee paid - if any - will be peanuts to them.

J-C
31-01-2014, 10:17 AM
So while we and other Scottish clubs dredge through the lower leagues in England, some of our brightest young Scottish talent from our Championship are heading the other way, I take it our scouting hasn't developed enough to look just below us.:confused:

judas
01-02-2014, 08:55 AM
I just can't see Fulton playing at the top level in England.

I mean he must be in his late, 30,s now. He was a decent passer, but my recollection was that Baggio was overweight.

Players like Mata, Saurez etc will have the edge on him.

patlowe
01-02-2014, 09:25 AM
This doesn't necessarily apply here but the thing that worries me is that there is such a financial gulf across the border that the English clubs have no qualms about monopolising young talent, snapping up as much as they can because they can afford it and it's not that big a deal if a few fail. So you see a raft of Scottish youngsters going down South, which you can understand from the player's point of view, but the majority are either stuck in the reserves or just farmed out on loan to the lower leagues. I wish we were able to keep these guys playing up here for a bit longer, playing in front of their home fans and getting some decent competitive football under their belts before heading for the land of milk and honey.

I'm delighted that Dundee United have been able to hold on to Gauld and Soutar and I hope that's a sign that youngsters are appreciating the importance of being nurtured and getting game time before rushing off. Just checked out Scott Allan's stats, West Brom have loaned him out to four lower league clubs in the last two years and he has made three competitive appearances this season.

GlesgaeHibby
01-02-2014, 09:35 AM
I just can't see Fulton playing at the top level in England.

I mean he must be in his late, 30,s now. He was a decent passer, but my recollection was that Baggio was overweight.

Players like Mata, Saurez etc will have the edge on him.

:greengrin:greengrin