PDA

View Full Version : Pat Fenlon squad v Hearts Squad this season

SouthamptonHibs
30-01-2014, 12:43 PM
With just over 1 day to go in the transfer window i hope that Petrie is working hard to bring in 3 quality players to our squad.

Pat Fenlon's squad has amased a whopping 28 points this season. (Until Terry brings in players this is Pat's squad IMO)

Pat must go down as one of our worst managers ever joint with Duffy and Calderwood.

Compare how Pat's squad have performed v how Admin FC (aka Hearts) squad of kids and has performed over similar amount of games.

hibs have 8 more points than them = shocking!

The league table doesn't lie. Apart from a brief spell over Xmas we have been shocking this season.

There's nothing i've seen in the past weeks to think that the current squad will suddenly achieve anything amazing this season.
With that in mind i can't understand why we have not brought in some players.

Money maybe an issue but money will become an issue if Hibs fail to reach top 6 and the SC cup final as Season ticket sales are likely to fall for next year after another poor league season.

It's time Hibs got a loan out to buy some decent players. There still is hope for a decent end to the season but not with the current squad we have.

thoughts?

MWHIBBIES
30-01-2014, 12:47 PM
Pathetic thread bashing a guy who done his best for the club after taking over in an awful position.

The_Exile
30-01-2014, 12:48 PM
It's time Hibs got a loan out to buy some decent players.

Easy as that eh? You're a genius! Get Rod telt!! :greengrin

Edit: although Pat didn't have anywhere near an acceptable end to his tenure, if you take the state of the club when he took over and the squad of players he left, wouldnae have him anywhere near a "worst manager" list.

SouthamptonHibs
30-01-2014, 12:49 PM
Pathetic thread bashing a guy who done his best for the club after taking over in an awful position.

Absolute nonsence mate! you must be a Pat Fenlon lover.

The man has left us in a terrible position. Open yer eyes!

Nothing Pathetic about the thread. These are the FACTS

EskbankHibee
30-01-2014, 12:49 PM
With just over 1 day to go in the transfer window i hope that Petrie is working hard to bring in 3 quality players to our squad.

Pat Fenlon's squad has amased a whopping 28 points this season. (Until Terry brings in players this is Pat's squad IMO)

Pat must go down as one of our worst managers ever joint with Duffy and Calderwood.

Compare how Pat's squad have performed v how Admin FC (aka Hearts) squad of kids and has performed over similar amount of games.

The league table doesn't lie. Apart from a brief spell over Xmas we have been shocking this season.

There's nothing i've seen in the past weeks to think that the current squad will suddenly achieve anything amazing this season.

Money maybe an issue but money will become an issue if Hibs fail to reach top 6 and the SC cup final as Season ticket sales are likely to fall for next year after another poor league season.

It's time Hibs got a loan out to buy some decent players. There still is hope for a decent end to the season but not with the current squad we have.

thoughts?

Now I'm no fan of PF but I think this is ridiculously harsh. Calderwood is the worst manager at Hibs in my lifetime, worse than Duffy IMO. And PF had to rebuild from him. He also led us to two consecutive Scottish Cup finals. Hadn't been done since the 1920s. Fenlon was a poor appointment but not the worst ever.

SouthamptonHibs
30-01-2014, 12:50 PM
Easy as that eh? You're a genius! Get Rod telt!! :greengrin

30days onto a 31 day window = No signings!

Rod please read this post - time is running out!

You are right i am a genius.

Positive comments only no trolls

MWHIBBIES
30-01-2014, 12:52 PM

Well if you capitalized facts you must be right.

Pat Fenlon left us in a much better position with a much better squad than when he took over.

As I said, pathetic thread.

SouthamptonHibs
Now I'm no fan of PF but I think this is ridiculously harsh. Calderwood is the worst manager at Hibs in my lifetime, worse than Duffy IMO. And PF had to rebuild from him. He also led us to two consecutive Scottish Cup finals. Hadn't been done since the 1920s. Fenlon was a poor appointment but not the worst ever.

He's up there for me.

Three season's at Hibs and he has left us in the same place as he found us. He also added to of our worst results in our History. These are the reasons why i have him up there with CC and Duffy.
Positive for Pat is he never got us relegated

Frazerbob

I take it you're not a Private Member. News of three signings on the PM board with another looking very likely.

EskbankHibee
30-01-2014, 12:53 PM

Haha! You don't say one positive comment in your thread apart from lets get a big loan out and buy good players. How is that a good plan? Can you not see whats happening at Hearts?!

The_Exile

Tell you what:

1 You take out a loan for 250k at a low 4.5% interest rate
2. Give it to Rod
3. Hibs buy a player or 2
4. ????
5. Profit

I think I'm getting the hang of this :thumbsup:

SouthamptonHibs
Well if you capitalized facts you must be right.

Pat Fenlon left us in a much better position with a much better squad than when he took over.

As I said, pathetic thread.

A better squad We've picked up 28 points this year! 8 points more than Hearts.
When Pat took over us we least played Rangers but they've been out the scene the past two seasons.

Have to disagree.

The team on paper looks better - the team on the pitch is not producing the points

Elephant Stone

No, these are facts:

Jim Duffy win percentage: 17%
Colin Calderwood: 24%
Pat Fenlon 35%

Maybe stick a few more words in capitals though and you'll be RIGHT.

SouthamptonHibs
30-01-2014, 12:55 PM
No, these are facts:

Jim Duffy win percentage: 17%
Colin Calderwood: 24%
Pat Fenlon 35%

Maybe stick a few more words in capitals though and you'll be RIGHT.

Win % is terrible.

Look at what i said! Pat Fenlon is ONE of the worst managers he is up there with Duffy and CC. Your missing the point. A win % of 35 is poor. Remeber he spent all his time in the bottom 6.

Elephant Stone
30-01-2014, 12:57 PM
Win % is terrible.

Look at what i said! Pat Fenlon is ONE of the worst managers he is up there with Duffy and CC. Your missing the point. A win % of 35 is poor. Remeber he spent all his time in the bottom 6.

You said he's joint with Duffy and Calderwood then went on to say that it's all FACTS..

CropleyWasGod

He hasn't got time to read your post. He's too busy tying up the details of the 3 signings that we're apparently making.

cabbageandribs1875

thoughts?

they two didn't get us to two cup finals(lets not talk about the results though)

SouthamptonHibs
30-01-2014, 12:58 PM
Haha! You don't say one positive comment in your thread apart from lets get a big loan out and buy good players. How is that a good plan? Can you not see whats happening at Hearts?!

Hearts over spent big time.

This is about protecting the income we have.

We need to spend some money to get decent players in. Win miore games brings more fans in = Simples.

keep loosing games and crowds will be under 10,000 for rest of season.

to grow a business you need to spend money.

Note: this is about as positive as i can be about Hibs after seasom number 4 in a row of being poor.

The positive not is we can still change this season - IMO if we sign some new players in this window

EskbankHibee
30-01-2014, 12:59 PM
Win % is terrible.

How could he possibly have spent time in the top 6 when he took over from us in a relegation battle?

He also had us top of the league at one point last season.

He took us to two cup finals

I don't think he was a good maager either but you are talking absoulte horse****

The Sea-gull
30-01-2014, 01:00 PM

thoughts?

It is pretty shocking that we only have 8 points more than Hearts (albeit they have played one more game now) but is it not pretty shocking that Partick and Ross Co only have 1 more than them, St Mirren 3 more and Killie 5 more?

Or maybe, just maybe, Hearts are not quite as bad as some people on here, in the media and even Hearts themselves (when it suits them) would have us believe.

Personally I find it shocking that we are potentially staring our 4th season in a row in the bottom 6 but that is down to how our club has been run during this period and we've all debated that a ton of times.

I'm no fan of Pat Fenlon - was against his appointment (nothing personal just based it on his credentials) from the start but gave him a chance to prove himself and he never did anything to make me change my mind. I can't agree that he was anywhere near as bad as Duffy and CC though. One thing I'll say of him, he left us in a far better state than we were in when he took over. Can the same be said of Duffy and CC? And a couple of others too.

He didn't look like he could take us any further, had many flaws and made many mistakes but worst manager ever - not for me.

SunshineOnLeith
30-01-2014, 01:01 PM
Psst, OP, I'm going to let you in on a little secret.

Pat Fenlon's not Hibs' manager any more.

SouthamptonHibs
30-01-2014, 01:02 PM
How could he possibly have spent time in the top 6 when he took over from us in a relegation battle?

He also had us top of the league at one point last season.

He took us to two cup finals

I don't think he was a good maager either but you are talking absoulte horse****

5-1, 7-0 i'm not talking nonsence mate.

Didnt make top 6 with no Rangers and poor Hearts last year, signed his own players, backed by the board, terrible derby record.

Pat was a terrible manager.

superfurryhibby
30-01-2014, 01:02 PM
I take it you're not a Private Member. News of three signings on the PM board with another looking very likely.

Any chance of telling the wider public who these signings are, please?

SouthamptonHibs
30-01-2014, 01:04 PM
Psst, OP, I'm going to let you in on a little secret.

Pat Fenlon's not Hibs' manager any more.

of course i know this, for some reason the Hibs netters have a Pat Fenlon love in and have missed the point.

i'm compairing the squad he left us with Hearts and asking when are we going to sign some players to improve the squad. IF we do we have a chance of saving the season.

Folk are arguing if PF was a good, bad or worse than Duffy and CC.

Strange

hail Hail

EskbankHibee
30-01-2014, 01:05 PM
5-1, 7-0 i'm not talking nonsence mate.

Didnt make top 6 with no Rangers and poor Hearts last year, signed his own players, backed by the board, terrible derby record.

Pat was a terrible manager.

He had one full season at Hibs. He just missed out on a top 6 finish. And he would've made the top 6 had Griffiths goal v them been awarded and Dundee Utd not been given a penalty in the last minute.

The 5-1 and 7-0 do not make him the worst Hibs manager ever.

Mikeystewart
30-01-2014, 01:05 PM
He's up there for me.

Three season's at Hibs and he has left us in the same place as he found us. He also added to of our worst results in our History. These are the reasons why i have him up there with CC and Duffy.
Positive for Pat is he never got us relegated

I'm not a fan of PF he was shocking, but this is nonsense, Fenlons hibs would have finished in the top end of the bottom 6. If CC was in charge it would have been a completely different story we'd be competing with hearts at the foot of the table, obviously has no recollection of nearly getting relegated.

Doherty, Osbourne, Agogo, Sodje, Thornhill, Polson. End of Debate.. oh and O'Hanlon

SouthamptonHibs
30-01-2014, 01:06 PM
You said he's joint with Duffy and Calderwood then went on to say that it's all FACTS..

I'm sure i said one of...

EskbankHibee
30-01-2014, 01:10 PM
Folk are arguing if PF was a good, bad or worse than Duffy and CC. Strange

Every point you have made you have gone on to contradict yourself. This whole thread is an attack on PF

allezsauzee
30-01-2014, 01:11 PM
I'm sure i said one of...

You've not done yourself any favours by making an utterly ridiculous comparison to Jim Duffy!

DarlingtonHibee
30-01-2014, 01:13 PM

thoughts?

Didn't quite understand your last sentence, did you mean Hibs should borrow money we haven't got ?

CropleyWasGod
30-01-2014, 01:14 PM

We need to spend some money to get decent players in. Win miore games brings more fans in = Simples.

Note: this is about as positive as i can be about Hibs after seasom number 4 in a row of being poor.

The positive not is we can still change this season - IMO if we sign some new players in this window

That is Yamanomics.

And, you are ignoring the fact that we appear to be signing players.

clerriehibs
30-01-2014, 01:18 PM

Butcher disagrees with you. So will I. Who are you?

Monts
30-01-2014, 01:20 PM
Seems like the time to complain about no signings would be the day after the transfer window closes, not the day before. Especially when Hibs have a history of doing things last minute!

clerriehibs
30-01-2014, 01:22 PM

No trolls? You'd best shut up, then.

The_Todd
30-01-2014, 01:22 PM
Some people are Fenlon-obsessed.

The Sea-gull
30-01-2014, 01:23 PM
of course i know this, for some reason the Hibs netters have a Pat Fenlon love in and have missed the point.

i'm compairing the squad he left us with Hearts and asking when are we going to sign some players to improve the squad. IF we do we have a chance of saving the season.

Folk are arguing if PF was a good, bad or worse than Duffy and CC.

Strange

hail Hail

Haven't ever really noticed a lot of love for Fenlon on hibs.net to be honest. Opinions of his appointment and tenure vary but most posters now generally recognise that, overall, it didn't work. One or two appear to have some sort of undying love for Pat and will not hear a bad word said against him but that's not excactly a hibs.net love in.

blackpoolhibs
30-01-2014, 01:26 PM
How many players, how many transfer windows, and we have accumulated 8 more points than the worst gimps side i have ever seen?

And this is progress, this is leaving us in a much better state than when he arrived?

Thank you Pat, i misjudged you. :rolleyes:

GraniteCityHibs
30-01-2014, 01:30 PM
Pointless thread who took over a total bag of sh**e and turned it into a slightly less unpleasant bag of sh**te.

Why not concentrate on how the club is moving forward now?? There's an idea.

Monts
30-01-2014, 01:33 PM
A little FACT for the op. When Fenlon left after 11 games this season, he had amassed 7 more points than hearts. Now after 24 games it's only been increased by 1 point.
Does that make butcher worse than Fenlon? And Duffy? And CC?

hibee_girl
30-01-2014, 01:35 PM

:agree:

EskbankHibee
30-01-2014, 01:36 PM
How many players, how many transfer windows, and we have accumulated 8 more points than the worst gimps side i have ever seen?

And this is progress, this is leaving us in a much better state than when he arrived?

Thank you Pat, i misjudged you. :rolleyes:

He wasn't a great manager but he wasn't the worst.

He followed CC who IMO was worse than Duffy.

So did he leave us in a better state than CC? Yes I think that is quite clear

B.H.F.C
30-01-2014, 01:41 PM
One thing I certainly agree with is that to find ourselves having only picked up 8 more points than that lot is scandalous. Given the number of players we have signed and the squad they have. Let's not forget they also have a semi final to look forward to this week too.

The opportunity is still there to get in to the top 6 and we are still in the Scottish so all isn't lost yet. Given the nick the league is in it's just been a missed opportunity for me so far though. Particularly the league cup, that was as good a chance as you'll ever get to win a trophy.

Hopefully these players we are getting in are able to lift us for the second half of the season but I can't help remembering the last time we signed a whole batch of loan players from down south.

EskbankHibee
30-01-2014, 01:44 PM
One thing I certainly agree with is that to find ourselves having only picked up 8 more points than that lot is scandalous. Given the number of players we have signed and the squad they have. Let's not forget they also have a semi final to look forward to this week too.

The opportunity is still there to get in to the top 6 and we are still in the Scottish so all isn't lost yet. Given the nick the league is in it's just been a missed opportunity for me so far though. Particularly the league cup, that was as good a chance as you'll ever get to win a trophy.

Hopefully these players we are getting in are able to lift us for the second half of the season but I can't help remembering the last time we signed a whole batch of loan players from down south.

If we can go on a good cup run, maybe even another final, TB will have money to spend in the summer.

edinburghhibee
30-01-2014, 01:48 PM
I can see where the OP is coming from, Fenlon has been a terrible appointment for us. I don't believe we are much better now than we were back when CC left. On top of that yes PF reached two SCF but we were completely destroyed in both and it was embarrassing to be there and watch.

He had several transfer windows to improve us and couldn't. Has the culture in the club really changed? I'm not so sure to be honest we still have boys up town (I'm not having a dig here by the way players in my eyes are allowed to enjoy themselves just as much as the next man).

Then the complete shambles of malmo at home, he should have walked after that. I have spent a lot of time in Sweden previously and their league is shocking. Had we been beat 0-7 off a Spanish side or even a French side I could accept that they are just better players in a better league but no that is the worst result in the time I've followed hibs.

IMHO Fenlon, Duffy and Calderclown are all jointly our worst managers I've ever seen at Hibs.

jacomo
30-01-2014, 01:52 PM

You've asked for our thoughts so here's mine: :yawn:

We all have our opinions about Fenlon, they've been thrashed out to death on here. Having another petty dig at him now is just boring.

Andy74
30-01-2014, 02:42 PM

thoughts?

By the way, were seven clear when he left. We've pulled one further away since.

Tricla
30-01-2014, 03:13 PM
What a pishy OP that is getting rightfully lambasted.

Pretty Boy
30-01-2014, 03:18 PM
I was no fan of Fenlon, towards the end anyway, but he's not even close to being as bad as Duffy and certainly not the classless, horrible creature that is Calderwood.

Pat was a good guy who tried his best which ultimately wasn't good enough. He showed a bit dignity to walk when he did and in the last week has shown a lot of the fabled Hibs class. He deserves more respect than another post/thread savaging him.

Move on.

Keith_M
30-01-2014, 05:14 PM
Not another kick Pat Fenlon thread

:rolleyes:

Robinho08
30-01-2014, 05:24 PM
It's worth while remembering we were unbeaten in 5 games against the Sc*m last season, something I hoped we'd build on this season.

PF was out his depth, but certainly not the worst manager I've seen at ER.

easty
30-01-2014, 05:28 PM
I can see where the OP is coming from, Fenlon has been a terrible appointment for us. I don't believe we are much better now than we were back when CC left. On top of that yes PF reached two SCF but we were completely destroyed in both and it was embarrassing to be there and watch.

He had several transfer windows to improve us and couldn't. Has the culture in the club really changed? I'm not so sure to be honest we still have boys up town (I'm not having a dig here by the way players in my eyes are allowed to enjoy themselves just as much as the next man).

Then the complete shambles of malmo at home, he should have walked after that. I have spent a lot of time in Sweden previously and their league is shocking. Had we been beat 0-7 off a Spanish side or even a French side I could accept that they are just better players in a better league but no that is the worst result in the time I've followed hibs.

IMHO Fenlon, Duffy and Calderclown are all jointly our worst managers I've ever seen at Hibs.

Naebody cares what you think though..

SouthamptonHibs
30-01-2014, 07:05 PM
That is Yamanomics.

And, you are ignoring the fact that we appear to be signing players.

Just in from work, just checking if we have signed anyone, not seen anything confirmed yet. Will catch up soon

Billy Whizz
30-01-2014, 07:06 PM
I was no fan of Fenlon, towards the end anyway, but he's not even close to being as bad as Duffy and certainly not the classless, horrible creature that is Calderwood.

Pat was a good guy who tried his best which ultimately wasn't good enough. He showed a bit dignity to walk when he did and in the last week has shown a lot of the fabled Hibs class. He deserves more respect than another post/thread savaging him.

Move on.

This

SouthamptonHibs
30-01-2014, 07:07 PM
Butcher disagrees with you. So will I. Who are you?

Butcher is optimistic, I'm happy he is in charge, I'm confident he will take us forward.
28 points after 23 games would suggest we are not very good.

SouthamptonHibs
30-01-2014, 07:08 PM
No trolls? You'd best shut up, then.

Erh! Strange post

SouthamptonHibs
30-01-2014, 07:10 PM
Pointless thread who took over a total bag of sh**e and turned it into a slightly less unpleasant bag of sh**te.

Why not concentrate on how the club is moving forward now?? There's an idea.

Hoping the future is bright! To improve our future we need players in now not in the summer, we can still save this season!
Scottish Cup
Top Six
Beat Hearts in March

SouthamptonHibs
30-01-2014, 07:12 PM
A little FACT for the op. When Fenlon left after 11 games this season, he had amassed 7 more points than hearts. Now after 24 games it's only been increased by 1 point.
Does that make butcher worse than Fenlon? And Duffy? And CC?

It's not Butchers squad. Not pointing the finger at Butcher. I think he will do a great job for Hibs. Butcher has inherited this team. 28points in 23 games = must do better.
Improvement will come when better players arrive, hopefully in this window.

SouthamptonHibs
30-01-2014, 07:14 PM

I agree Hail Hail

SouthamptonHibs
30-01-2014, 07:15 PM
By the way, were seven clear when he left. We've pulled one further away since.

Happy days Hail Hail.
Every cloud...

SouthamptonHibs
30-01-2014, 07:19 PM

Pat was a good guy who tried his best which ultimately wasn't good enough. He showed a bit dignity to walk when he did and in the last week has shown a lot of the fabled Hibs class. He deserves more respect than another post/thread savaging him.Try

Move on.

The squad he built has 28pts from 23 games. 8pts more than what Hearts have won.
Point was not to slate Pat and spend 50post on Pat, it was to get the chat started about the need for signings in this window to improve the team.
Yup I had a dig at Pat but that's my opinion of his reign at Hibs.
We are facing our fourth year in a row in the bottom six, there is time to change this slide by getting players in today or tomorrow.
Hail hail

SouthamptonHibs
30-01-2014, 07:22 PM
Not another kick Pat Fenlon thread

:rolleyes:

Wasn't meant to be a kick at Pat thread, more a kick at Hibs to get the finger out and sign some players to save our season. It turned into a Pat thread due to first few responses to thread.

Hail hail

SouthamptonHibs
30-01-2014, 07:23 PM
What a pishy OP that is getting rightfully lambasted.

Mixed bag of responses so far. Points are valid. 28pts in 23 games.
Need improvement now to save season.

Jones28
30-01-2014, 07:30 PM

We don't HAVE ANY MONEY.

If we did I garuantee it would have been put to use by now. It cost a lot to get our management team in the door. Nobody knows how much but it's a certainty that a good amount of cash changed hands.

SouthamptonHibs
30-01-2014, 07:40 PM
We don't HAVE ANY MONEY.

If we did I garuantee it would have been put to use by now. It cost a lot to get our management team in the door. Nobody knows how much but it's a certainty that a good amount of cash changed hands.

Money is and always will be the issue with Hibs.
Problem we have is another season is slipping away. We can still save the season.

What we need to do is weight up the cost of staying as we are and finishing 8th, having crowds under 9k each week and the likely exit from the cup in 1/4 if we get one of the current top 6 teams (if we beat Raith next week),
To spend some money now, which will hopefully improve results, increase crowds, get into top 6, and maybe get back to Hampden. A positive end to the season could spur season ticket sales which are likely to be out in March.

There is Risk in spending money there also is a Risk of doing nothing could hamper our funds for next season

SunshineOnLeith
30-01-2014, 07:42 PM
Wasn't meant to be a kick at Pat thread, more a kick at Hibs to get the finger out and sign some players to save our season. It turned into a Pat thread due to first few responses to thread.

Hail hail

thoughts?

Ahem.

SouthamptonHibs
30-01-2014, 07:53 PM
Ahem.

There was a few digs in there but that wasn't the point of the thread mate

SunshineOnLeith
30-01-2014, 07:59 PM
There was a few digs in there but that wasn't the point of the thread mate

Hail hail

As is clear from the thread title, which has nothing to do with Pat at all.

SouthamptonHibs
30-01-2014, 08:10 PM
As is clear from the thread title, which has nothing to do with Pat at all.

I had to put Pats name on the heading. If I didn't do this I'd of got 50 replies of "Give Butcher a chance".
I made it clear that it's not Butchers fault we have 28pts from 23 games

SunshineOnLeith
30-01-2014, 08:17 PM
I had to put Pats name on the heading. If I didn't do this I'd of got 50 replies of "Give Butcher a chance".
I made it clear that it's not Butchers fault we have 28pts from 23 games

So, in summary:

The thread's not about Pat Fenlon.

The thread's about how we're having a rubbish season. But that's all Pat Fenlon's fault.

Terry Butcher can't change anything until he signs players, because he's stuck with Pat Fenlon's squad.

So the thread is basically "We need a few new players". And there's no other threads on the front page of the main board at the moment where that's being discussed.

Cool story, bro.

Jones28
30-01-2014, 08:18 PM
Problem we have is another season is slipping away. We can still save the season.

What we need to do is weight up the cost of staying as we are and finishing 8th, having crowds under 9k each week and the likely exit from the cup in 1/4 if we get one of the current top 6 teams (if we beat Raith next week),
To spend some money now, which will hopefully improve results, increase crowds, get into top 6, and maybe get back to Hampden. A positive end to the season could spur season ticket sales which are likely to be out in March.

There is Risk in spending money there also is a Risk of doing nothing could hamper our funds for next season

We have never been the kind of club to speculate on players. So stop hoping that we will, and move on from Pat Fenlon. Every few days there's a thread saying how pish he was.

I'm neither a supporter or hater of Fenlon. He came in at a difficult time, under what was certainly the worst stewardship of the club in my lifetime. Maybe he could have done better but who knows.

Draw a line under it and ****ing move on.

HappyHibby93
30-01-2014, 08:35 PM

Butcher is taking time to bring in the right players instead of any old *****! Also i don't understand why people are still moaning about a manger who left 3 months ago. It's time to start looking forward. It looks like we have brought in a couple of decent players, with hopefully another couple more. Instead of groaning about Fenlon, can't we be excited about what Butcher can do at ER!

p.s this constant Petrie bashing is not only boring, but ridiculous. Petrie is at the club to primarily look after the financial state of the club, out with Celtic we are in better shape than anyone else! Petrie is an easy scapegoat for dis-disgruntled supporters

Rant over.

SouthamptonHibs
30-01-2014, 09:06 PM
So, in summary:

The thread's not about Pat Fenlon.

The thread's about how we're having a rubbish season. But that's all Pat Fenlon's fault.

Terry Butcher can't change anything until he signs players, because he's stuck with Pat Fenlon's squad.

So the thread is basically "We need a few new players". And there's no other threads on the front page of the main board at the moment where that's being discussed.

Cool story, bro.

10/10, it was a quiet day in the office, needed to start a thread earlier hail hail

Ozyhibby
31-01-2014, 12:49 AM
I slated Fenlon fairly early as I thought he was a terrible Manager who set up his team to play dull unimaginative football but now he is gone. What the point in carrying on slating him. He tried his best. It wasn't good enough.
Same with Duffy.
Calderwood on the other hand is an absolute c word.
Starting threads laying in to that ***** is fine by me any day of the week.

Sir David Gray
31-01-2014, 12:56 AM
Fenlon wasn't even our worst manager in the last decade, never mind being the worst in our history!

Liberal Hibby
31-01-2014, 12:59 AM
I agree Hail Hail

That's beacuse you're the same poster.

Do you ever post anything positive about Hibs? I'm really surprised you've lasted as long as you have...

Nailrod
31-01-2014, 02:39 AM
On top of that yes PF reached two SCF but we were completely destroyed in both and it was embarrassing to be there and watch... One of the important points that tends to get missed in the "He took us to two cup finals..." argument, is that on neither occasion did we have to face either of the OF, or indeed any of the other teams that finished in the top 6 that season, until we reached the final. I think it's quite lucky to have that kind of run to the final in even one season, but to have it two seasons in a row is an awful lot of luck. Ultimately, when we did have to face a 'top 6' side in the final, we were roasted on both occasions.

Particularly in 11-12, when our record against the top 6 over the season was played 20, won 1, had we faced a decent team at any time before the final it's very unlikely we would have been at Hampden to witness that ultimate humiliation.

Pete
31-01-2014, 03:17 AM
When posts start containing phrases like "ultimate humiliation", you know it's time to stop reading.:rolleyes:

There's a strange amount of negativity kicking about and there also seems to be people focusing on the negative points during our recent past. Pointless or what?

In fact, just keep this thread open so all the shoe-gazers can have an outlet without contaminating other threads.:greengrin

PeeJay
31-01-2014, 05:11 AM
When posts start containing phrases like "ultimate humiliation", you know it's time to stop reading.:rolleyes:

There's a strange amount of negativity kicking about and there also seems to be people focusing on the negative points during our recent past. Pointless or what?

In fact, just keep this thread open so all the shoe-gazers can have an outlet without contaminating other threads.:greengrin

Well "ultimate humiliation" were the last two words in the post ... :greengrin

Nailrod's post made valid points by the way and I'm not being negative there ...

Pete
31-01-2014, 05:40 AM
Well "ultimate humiliation" were the last two words in the post ... :greengrin

Nailrod's post made valid points by the way and I'm not being negative there ...

It did...but valid points in a pointless argument.

The past is behind us and we can't change it. The new regime will only draw positives, if they have to, from our past.

They've left the negative thoughts and energy behind...so it's time for the fans to do the same.
ALL of us!:thumbsup:

Nailrod
31-01-2014, 05:54 AM
Also i don't understand why people are still moaning about a manger who left 3 months ago.That would be because in his two-year tenure he went through more than two full teams worth of players, and still left us with a squad that isn't even good enough to get into the top 6 of what is indisputably the worst Scottish top league in history. Oh, and he also presided over the worst two results in the club's history.
It's time to start looking forward. Perhaps you could point that out to one of the several posters on this thread who have been sticking the boot into a manager who left us last century.
p.s this constant Petrie bashing is not only boring, but ridiculous.Not half as boring and ridiculous as the football that Hibs have been serving up to their crowds for the past six years
Petrie is at the club to primarily look after the financial state of the club, out with Celtic we are in better shape than anyone else! Petrie is an easy scapegoat for dis-disgruntled supportersPlaying in front of average gates of 9000 at ER instead of 12000 costs the club more than a million pounds a year in lost revenues. How is that 'looking after the financial state of the club', in anything other than the most minimalist sense of the words? I got sick of watching fourth-rate rubbish and never seeing us winning, so I stopped going.* So did thousands of others. I would go back, if there was any evidence of any ambition at all at the club. Even if we weren't winning I would go back, if there was any hope of actually being entertained. So might thousands of others.

For years we have been recruiting battalions of anonymous journeymen, discarding them, then replacing them with more of the same, on the off-chance that at some point one bunch of them will miraculously gel into a high-performing team. We are trapped in a vicious spiral of poor performances leading to lowered expectations, leading to poor performances, and so on ad infinitum... Hasn't the theory of 'Petrification' been tested to destruction yet?

A 'leader' would recognise that continuing to do the same thing that got us into the spiral is unlikely to ever get us out of it, and try something different. A 'bean-counting ****wit' would just carry on with more of the same, for ever.

Rant over.
*Edit: I attended the Malmo game and the first two Hearts games this season, because my brother, who is a diehard, insisted on buying me tickets even though I told him I didn't want any, and I didn't want him to waste his money. I went to the Stranraer game on my own and of my own volition, because I thought there was a faint chance that I might actually see some entertainment. I enjoyed it, seeing Hibs score five, and I didn't actually care that much that we conceded three, even if it was against bottom division opposition.

PeeJay
31-01-2014, 05:55 AM
It did...but valid points in a pointless argument.

The past is behind us and we can't change it. The new regime will only draw positives, if they have to, from our past.

They've left the negative thoughts and energy behind...so it's time for the fans to do the same.
ALL of us!:thumbsup:

Fair enough ... some valid points there ...

Pete
31-01-2014, 06:47 AM
Fair enough ... some valid points there ...

Just you wait until I give up going and start telling all and sundry why it's the boards fault that my seat is empty. You won't know what's hit you.

The bigger the absence, the bigger the opinions in some cases.

RIP
31-01-2014, 07:23 AM
Another great fan myth that in changing the football coaching squads every 18 months or so we also have to fund a complete squad overhaul every time

The more we believe this fallacy, the less likely it is that we will ever get out of the bottom six and the more likely that we will stay in the red

Companies that have a high staff turnover, change their senior management regularly and don't have the luxury of large capital investments generally show a lack of coherent vision, strategy and business plan. Their business results tend to speak for themselves

The best companies change incrementally, slotting new people in and out seamlessly whilst at the same time adhering to a long term plan. We have a good defence (when fit), have about half the engine room we need but are lacking up front. No complete overhaul is required - I still think that under Terry we can aspire to sixth this season and higher next.

Nailrod
31-01-2014, 07:51 AM
Deleted

Nailrod
31-01-2014, 08:03 AM
Another great fan myth that in changing the football coaching squads every 18 months or so we also have to fund a complete squad overhaul every time... The more we believe this fallacy, the less likely it is that we will ever get out of the bottom six and the more likely that we will stay in the red...Companies that have a high staff turnover, change their senior management regularly and don't have the luxury of large capital investments generally show a lack of coherent vision, strategy and business plan. Their business results tend to speak for themselves... The best companies change incrementally, slotting new people in and out seamlessly whilst at the same time adhering to a long term plan... How dare you suggest that our years-long strategy of stuffing our squad with a revolving door of cheap journeymen is anything other than a proven guarantor of success...

BVB Hibs
31-01-2014, 12:36 PM

I'd rather see us finish 9th this year than sign players that, first off aren't good enough, and secondly we can't afford. There's nothing to be gained spending money we don't have, other than some short term success followed by years of struggling. Look at Dortmund end of the 90's, Pompey about 5 years ago, the Yams now. Would you prefer a club that finishes bottom six to a club where you have to constantly worry about it's survival? I'd rather try incrementally build than see instant success. Build a sustainable system that can lead to success over a decent period of time.

Imagine we did what Rangers did a few years ago, and suddenly went into liquidation. Do we really have the resources to make the same climb back from the lower echelons of Scottish football? I think we'd be wallowing away for a number of years if I'm honest. Obviously, signing a few players today wouldn't bring us towards liquidation, but it's a slippery slope.

I don't really consider top 6 to be that massive an achievement anyway, and was it not for the split, we'd not be looking at it as a measure for success. Hibs should be aiming top 4, and as that opportunity has pretty much disappeared this year, I don't see the point of us investing money we don't have in our playing squad. Let TB get on with his job with the playing squad he has, see what he can do with it, and give him the resources in the summer to add quality in the summer. Others have said, we don't need to overhaul our squad and they're perfectly right. We have a good squad in places, when everybody is fit, but there's holes that need to be filled. Another radical overhaul will help nobody. We have a limited budget, and doing a complete clearout will mean we don't get players of the quality we're looking for.

Keith_M
31-01-2014, 05:41 PM
Imagine we did what Rangers did a few years ago, and suddenly went into liquidation. Do we really have the resources to make the same climb back from the lower echelons of Scottish football? I think we'd be wallowing away for a number of years if I'm honest. Obviously, signing a few players today wouldn't bring us towards liquidation, but it's a slippery slope..

Is anyoine suggesting we spend the kinds of money that Hearts and Rangers did?

SouthamptonHibs
31-01-2014, 05:53 PM
That's beacuse you're the same poster.

Do you ever post anything positive about Hibs? I'm really surprised you've lasted as long as you have...

Sometimes! The past four years have been brutal. Very few highlights IMO.
We've not improved in four long years so posts tend to be negative.

Positive is we have brought in three new players today! Who knows they could be good and save the season for us. Time will tell.
Massive game for us in the cup next hail hail

SouthamptonHibs
31-01-2014, 05:56 PM
That would be because in his two-year tenure he went through more than two full teams worth of players, and still left us with a squad that isn't even good enough to get into the top 6 of what is indisputably the worst Scottish top league in history. Oh, and he also presided over the worst two results in the club's history. Perhaps you could point that out to one of the several posters on this thread who have been sticking the boot into a manager who left us last century. Not half as boring and ridiculous as the football that Hibs have been serving up to their crowds for the past six years Playing in front of average gates of 9000 at ER instead of 12000 costs the club more than a million pounds a year in lost revenues. How is that 'looking after the financial state of the club', in anything other than the most minimalist sense of the words? I got sick of watching fourth-rate rubbish and never seeing us winning, so I stopped going.* So did thousands of others. I would go back, if there was any evidence of any ambition at all at the club. Even if we weren't winning I would go back, if there was any hope of actually being entertained. So might thousands of others.

For years we have been recruiting battalions of anonymous journeymen, discarding them, then replacing them with more of the same, on the off-chance that at some point one bunch of them will miraculously gel into a high-performing team. We are trapped in a vicious spiral of poor performances leading to lowered expectations, leading to poor performances, and so on ad infinitum... Hasn't the theory of 'Petrification' been tested to destruction yet?

A 'leader' would recognise that continuing to do the same thing that got us into the spiral is unlikely to ever get us out of it, and try something different. A 'bean-counting ****wit' would just carry on with more of the same, for ever.

*Edit: I attended the Malmo game and the first two Hearts games this season, because my brother, who is a diehard, insisted on buying me tickets even though I told him I didn't want any, and I didn't want him to waste his money. I went to the Stranraer game on my own and of my own volition, because I thought there was a faint chance that I might actually see some entertainment. I enjoyed it, seeing Hibs score five, and I didn't actually care that much that we conceded three, even if it was against bottom division opposition.

10/10 good post

SouthamptonHibs
31-01-2014, 06:10 PM
I'd rather see us finish 9th this year than sign players that, first off aren't good enough, and secondly we can't afford. There's nothing to be gained spending money we don't have, other than some short term success followed by years of struggling. Look at Dortmund end of the 90's, Pompey about 5 years ago, the Yams now. Would you prefer a club that finishes bottom six to a club where you have to constantly worry about it's survival? I'd rather try incrementally build than see instant success. Build a sustainable system that can lead to success over a decent period of time.

Imagine we did what Rangers did a few years ago, and suddenly went into liquidation. Do we really have the resources to make the same climb back from the lower echelons of Scottish football? I think we'd be wallowing away for a number of years if I'm honest. Obviously, signing a few players today wouldn't bring us towards liquidation, but it's a slippery slope.

I don't really consider top 6 to be that massive an achievement anyway, and was it not for the split, we'd not be looking at it as a measure for success. Hibs should be aiming top 4, and as that opportunity has pretty much disappeared this year, I don't see the point of us investing money we don't have in our playing squad. Let TB get on with his job with the playing squad he has, see what he can do with it, and give him the resources in the summer to add quality in the summer. Others have said, we don't need to overhaul our squad and they're perfectly right. We have a good squad in places, when everybody is fit, but there's holes that need to be filled. Another radical overhaul will help nobody. We have a limited budget, and doing a complete clearout will mean we don't get players of the quality we're looking for.

I don't want Hibs to spend silly money and jeopardise the long term future but we need to get a team together to get in the top 6. With no Rangers and a poor Hearts finishing say 7th this year is like finishing 9th in other seasons as these teams are normally above us.
I'm still lost with the fact that we can't build a decent team when we have one of the biggest budgets in the league.
ICT, Motherwell, United even St Johnstone have managed to put together a better squad than us.
Once again we can't beat a top six team think we have won 1 out of 13 games this season.
This needs to change ASAP.

Good news is we have three players in this window. I hope there good and do well for us this season.

The past four years have been poor, we need to get out of this ASAP, the Rangers will be back in league in two seasons which will make a top six finish in the league even tougher.
Long term building I'm not a fan off.
We've done the hard bit building the facilities and they are nearly paid off, the easy bit should be getting the players in to have a good team.

Hopefully we have a good finish to the season hail hail

SouthamptonHibs
31-01-2014, 06:15 PM
:agree:.

Completely Pathetic.

Comparing Fenlon to Calderwood is completely ridiculous.

Calling him our worst manager ever is just embarrassing; Dave Ewing, Pat Stanton, John Blackley, Alex Miller, Jim Duffy, Sauzee, Williamson, Mixu, Yogi and Calderwood all were worse results wise :aok:

IMO he is one of the worst I've seen. 5-1 and 9-0 agg plus the squad he assembled, money spent, style of football, his derby record etc etc he was bad.

Looking to the future and a positive post!
In Butcher we trust hail hail

Fergus52
31-01-2014, 06:23 PM
IMO he is one of the worst I've seen. 5-1 and 9-0 agg plus the squad he assembled, money spent, style of football, his derby record etc etc he was bad.

Looking to the future and a positive post!
In Butcher we trust hail hail

fair enough, there were a few embarrassments under him.

apologies if my post seemed agressive!

SouthamptonHibs
31-01-2014, 06:36 PM
fair enough, there were a few embarrassments under him.

apologies if my post seemed agressive!

All good mate. Your post was fine.

With the three new faces added and players returning from injury and suspension hopefully we can't finish the season strong.

edinburghhibee
31-01-2014, 06:53 PM
Naebody cares what you think though..

Correct ;)