PDA

View Full Version : You'll need a strong stomach to view this. EPL salaries, player by player!

Hibbyradge
30-01-2014, 09:58 AM
http://www.tsmplug.com/football/premier-league-player-salaries-club-by-club/

The list isn't complete, but it's interesting, nonetheless.

Steven Fletcher is on £30k a week. His namesake Darren is on £80k.

And remember a certain Ricardo Vaz Te that many people on here thought wasn't "Hibs class" (to put it mildly)?

Well, someone clearly agrees with them. They think he's well above Hibs class as he's on £38k a week.

I'm not sure if these figures include bonuses, and they certainly won't include personal sponsorship deals and image rights, but there's enough information there to feed all your envy needs!

Enjoy! :greengrin

MrSmith
30-01-2014, 10:19 AM

And remember a certain Ricardo Vaz Te that many people on here thought wasn't "Hibs class" (to put it mildly)?

Well, someone clearly agrees with them. They think he's well above Hibs class as he's on £38k a week.

I'm not sure if these figures include bonuses, and they certainly won't include personal sponsorship deals and image rights, but there's enough information there to feed all your envy needs!

Ridiculous! a Man C player on £220,000 per week until 2017 ****!! Austerity measure eh!?

ahibby
30-01-2014, 10:21 AM
Aguero nearly on a quarter of a million per week. Great if you can afford it, but was recently out for a month came back last night and limped off again and who knows for how long this time. However, Man City don't need to worry that much with all the cover they have. Imagine what we would be like with out Collins, ha ha. Poles apart and stuff like that highlights the difference.

green&left
30-01-2014, 10:23 AM
Ridiculous! a Man C player on £220,000 per week until 2017 ****!! Austerity measure eh!?

Wayne Rooney is on 240k per week!

***** modern football.

Pretty Boy
30-01-2014, 10:23 AM
Alexander Buttner gets £15K a week?!

I'm going to get my boots back out if that's the going rate for below average players.

It is quite interesting to see the massive difference between top players at the 'big' clubs and what guys at the likes of West Ham and Fulham are earning. It's still big money to us mere mortals but it's a different level from the Rooneys, Agueros et al.

Oh and £2.2M a year for Sam Allardyce. Jeezo.

blackpoolhibs
30-01-2014, 10:24 AM
I'm sure i heard last night before the Tottenhan v City match, that City were still paying £40k a week towards Adebayor's salary? :crazy:

Lendo
30-01-2014, 10:24 AM
Surprised to see Villa above Newcastle.

Scouse Hibee
30-01-2014, 10:36 AM
Totally wrong that the players salaries are publicised like this, it's got **** all to do with anyone else what they earn, good luck to them, if someone is willing to pay you the cash you take all you can get.

sh00byd00
30-01-2014, 10:37 AM
I always treat these figures with a huge dose of scepticism. whilst i appreciate wage structures are easy to come by, I actually think player contracts are based on assumptions rather than facts. These are confidential and rarely match up to what people thought they were whenever a real wage slip gets leaked. I call bull**** on the whole thing.

jacomo
30-01-2014, 10:45 AM

Credit to Mike Ashley, he does seem to know how to strip out costs from a business. Newcastle were a basket case when he bought them, he has applied the Sports Direct treatment to them.

Platinum Scotty
30-01-2014, 10:48 AM
Totally wrong that the players salaries are publicised like this, it's got **** all to do with anyone else what they earn, good luck to them, if someone is willing to pay you the cash you take all you can get.

Totally agree.......if a company wants to pay you a lottery win a year to be employed, then i'd grab it with both hands!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-01-2014, 10:48 AM
Luis Saurez new contract makes him 300,000 a week, Liverpool highest ever paid player.

jacomo
30-01-2014, 10:49 AM
Wayne Rooney is on 240k per week!

***** modern football.

And is supposedly now negotiating an extension to his contract on £300k a week.

Plenty of Man U fans dislike Rooney for agitating for a move but he has played a blinder... 'earning' ludicrous sums of money from Man Utd by regularly threatening to leave.

Hibby Bairn
30-01-2014, 10:52 AM
Everton punching above their financial muscle. :agree:

jacomo
30-01-2014, 10:55 AM

Good luck to him. Not saying he deserves it (can't really make a case for anyone 'deserving' that kind of money) but he's obviously doing very, very well for himself.

Is this information from Forbes? The source is important because I am not sure how much of this is genuinely in the public domain. Anyhow, thanks for the link!

sh00byd00
30-01-2014, 11:01 AM
Luis Saurez new contract makes him 300,000 a week, Liverpool highest ever paid player.

That only kicks in if he decides to stay on after this season. I can see why a club like Liverpool would offer him that sort of wage as Liverpool need him more than he needs Liverpool. He could walk into almost any team he wanted to and Liverpool know it.

Bronson
30-01-2014, 11:19 AM
Berbatov on 100k a week at fulham, Andy Carroll on 80k at west ham, madness.

Matter of time before things start getting really messy at these clubs, heard on ssn that Man City pay £639,000 A DAY on wages alone. A day. They also lost £50m last year. Not a business model that any company can survive on.

Bristolhibby
30-01-2014, 11:27 AM

Matter of time before things start getting really messy at these clubs, heard on ssn that Man City pay £639,000 A DAY on wages alone. A day. They also lost £50m last year. Not a business model that any company can survive on.

You can if you are owned by a sheik.

Proper money, not Romonovs fake (allegedly) laundered money.

J

Leithenhibby
30-01-2014, 11:38 AM

GOOD. It's obscene and my take on this is that it is suffocating our game.

Granted, I'm from the "Old School" but I wonder if we shall ever see a testimonial given to a player for 10+ service again!........... I'm sounding like my Dad, but it's just not as good as it use to be :cb

blackpoolhibs
30-01-2014, 11:55 AM

Granted, I'm from the "Old School" but I wonder if we shall ever see a testimonial given to a player for 10+ service again!........... I'm sounding like my Dad, but it's just not as good as it use to be :cb

Hibs awarded one to Ian Murray, and he spent years away from the club earning himself a very nice living.

I think the attendance that day showed just how much Testimonials are thought of these days, even for players at our level.

MWHIBBIES
30-01-2014, 11:56 AM
Vaz Te wasn't Hibs class, he didn't try a leg here, no regrets losing him.

Hibbyradge
30-01-2014, 12:13 PM

Rooney will probably get one from Manchester United.

Sylar
30-01-2014, 12:13 PM
Think it's safe to say the Everton figures aren't accurate, as it has annual salaries listed and most of their players are earning what a lot of us on here would earn in a year!

If not, I find it pleasing that I earn more than Steven Naismith! :greengrin

Lucius Apuleius
30-01-2014, 12:15 PM
And why the hell do footballlers get their salary quoted in weeks. Every other profession on these salaries would quote it as an annual wage.

Killiehibbie
30-01-2014, 12:29 PM
Man City TV rights £88,000,000! I'm glad i've never contributed a penny of that via Sky.

SouthamptonHibs
30-01-2014, 12:34 PM
it's a disgrace that players are paid what they are.
None of them are worth it!

EPL ticket prices are shocking and the working class fan is priced out the game.
Ticket prices should be £20 for an Adult to attend a game. The only way this will be possible is by reducing the players wages.

I'd like to see wage caps on player - no idea how they would be implimented but it's rediculous the money there getting.

Clubs are in danger of going bust.

These salaries received in the EPL have a knock on effect as it puts the salaries up in the championship plus it stops players coming to other leagues ie Scotland as the money in lower leagues of England is better.

Football is nothing without the fans

Wage thiefs the lot of them Hail Hail

.Sean.
30-01-2014, 12:42 PM
That's disgusting reading that. I reckon for a regular guy I have a pretty good standard of living then I put that in to perspective against someone like Buttner, a really average player who earns about as much in a fortnight as I do in a year. Madness.

Absolutely obscene, I cannot wait for the day the gravy train runs out. **** Modern Football.

cwilliamson85
30-01-2014, 12:53 PM
it's a disgrace that players are paid what they are.
None of them are worth it!

EPL ticket prices are shocking and the working class fan is priced out the game.
Ticket prices should be £20 for an Adult to attend a game. The only way this will be possible is by reducing the players wages.

I'd like to see wage caps on player - no idea how they would be implimented but it's rediculous the money there getting.

Clubs are in danger of going bust.

These salaries received in the EPL have a knock on effect as it puts the salaries up in the championship plus it stops players coming to other leagues ie Scotland as the money in lower leagues of England is better.

Football is nothing without the fans

Wage thiefs the lot of them Hail Hail

I managed to get 2 tickets for the Manchester Derby (25th March) for £80. so it’s not that badly priced for the players you get to see / football quality.

cwilliamson85
30-01-2014, 12:56 PM
Also last time i was at OT they done a meal deal in the kiosks and you got for £10

2 x beers (singha)
2 x pies
2 x sweets or packets of crisps.

If you get this at ER it woudl cost more than £10. Plus you dont get beer :wink:

Chump
30-01-2014, 01:07 PM
Biggest surprise for me by a country mile was the £3m a year (or £60k a week) for Jay Spearing.....no there is a rank average guy who has done well for himself

Leithenhibby
30-01-2014, 01:14 PM
Hibs awarded one to Ian Murray, and he spent years away from the club earning himself a very nice living.

I think the attendance that day showed just how much Testimonials are thought of these days, even for players at our level.

Rooney will probably get one from Manchester United.

That's why I said, "I wonder" :wink:

I never understood the Murray testimonial, thought it a strange decision.... And yes, Rooney will more than likely get one :wink:

IWasThere2016
30-01-2014, 01:28 PM
Some staggering sums to some very ordinary players ...

In other news - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25951455

Chuck Rhoades
30-01-2014, 01:33 PM
The taxman must be raking in some dole from these silly wages!

Sylar
30-01-2014, 01:37 PM
Some staggering sums to some very ordinary players ...

In other news - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25951455

Good. Now, let's see if UEFA actually have the bollocks to ban them from the Champions League :agree:

Haymaker
30-01-2014, 01:39 PM
Good. Now, let's see if UEFA actually have the bollocks to ban them from the Champions League :agree:

No chance, they will say "They are trying hard to meet the FFP rules so that is good enough for us" or words to that effect. :agree:

StevieC
30-01-2014, 01:48 PM

More to do with squad size. I suspect player for player Newcastle pay more.
Also there will be other outgoings that will mean a reduced wage structure. Newcastle I suspect are still paying a fair bit towards the stadium develpoments and other commercial outgoings.

Unseen work
30-01-2014, 01:49 PM
What this shows to me is how players from arsenal etc would go to man city. When u see Ramsey arguably their best player on 50k a week and man city could easy double that for him. Would tKe a strong brave man to say no to that

heretoday
30-01-2014, 02:01 PM
Think it's safe to say the Everton figures aren't accurate, as it has annual salaries listed and most of their players are earning what a lot of us on here would earn in a year!

That's only fair. You're probably better than him.

MWHIBBIES
30-01-2014, 03:02 PM
What this shows to me is how players from arsenal etc would go to man city. When u see Ramsey arguably their best player on 50k a week and man city could easy double that for him. Would tKe a strong brave man to say no to thatArsenal would easily triple that if they needed to, look at what Ozil is earning. Obviously City could as well but I think Ramsey has a little more class than the mercenaries before him

Unseen work
30-01-2014, 03:11 PM
Arsenal would easily triple that if they needed to, look at what Ozil is earning. Obviously City could as well but I think Ramsey has a little more class than the mercenaries before him

True about ozil but he is the only one anywhere near that sort of figure, podolski is closest on 100+ and their not exactly known to give massive contacts like city

wearethehibs
30-01-2014, 03:30 PM
Aye well I earn just under £7 an hour. Aguero earns more than that a minute. Depressing stuff like

Weststandwanab
30-01-2014, 03:48 PM
Aye well I earn just under £7 an hour. Aguero earns more than that a minute. Depressing stuff like What do you do for a living ?

I presume it is nothing to do with Arithmetic

heretoday
30-01-2014, 04:30 PM
Vaz Te wants to complain. Strikers at West Ham were earning that in season 2009-10. They narrowly escaped relegation but went down the following season.

Highest paid player was Matthew Upson - £70,000 a week. Oh yes.

Carlton Cole was on £50,000 a week then and he's still there after a career of 53 goals in 213 games. Not a fantastic return really.

allezsauzee
30-01-2014, 04:36 PM
Vaz Te wants to complain. Strikers at West Ham were earning that in season 2009-10. They narrowly escaped relegation but went down the following season.

Highest paid player was Matthew Upson - £70,000 a week. Oh yes.

Carlton Cole was on £50,000 a week then and he's still there after a career of 53 goals in 213 games. Not a fantastic return really.

Are you sure about that? I'm sure Lucas Neill was supposed to be on 90k a week when he went there. maybe that was a wee bit before though. Ludicrous wages will continue to spiral until there is a wage cap imposed.

leggeto
30-01-2014, 04:42 PM
Money hungry ***** the lot of them

heretoday
30-01-2014, 04:49 PM
Are you sure about that? I'm sure Lucas Neill was supposed to be on 90k a week when he went there. maybe that was a wee bit before though. Ludicrous wages will continue to spiral until there is a wage cap imposed.

Absolutely. My chum used to edit a footy mag in London and had access to lots of interesting stuff.

West Ham were amazingly well paid. Boa Morte was on £60,000 a week.

Can you imagine what a berk like Cole is on now?

wearethehibs
30-01-2014, 05:20 PM
What do you do for a living ?

You know Im probably doing the wrong sum, as you seem certain but Im getting that he earns around £21.80 a min?

Hope I am right and your cheeky wee comment can get rubbed in your face ;) ha

Engels74
30-01-2014, 05:29 PM
English football is going to self destruct at this rate. The EPL cannot maintain this scale of pay.With the likes of PSG(being heavy financed) and Bayern (under Guardiola growing stronger) now added to the Spanish giants, the EPL will have to continue paying players these sort of wages to persuade foreign players to come and homegrown players to stay. Paris or wet north England? Spain or flooded south England?

Is it not absolutely ridiculous that a team like Spurs can spend £106 million on players in one transfer window with £90 million wages budget and still get gubbed 5-1 at home against a side that before that match were 7 points ahead? I suppose the fact that Man City have double the wages gives you the reason.

As many have said to see some average or youth players that never feature getting 10k plus a week means its no wonder Scottish team struggle to get EPL loan signings.

Madness

Beefster
30-01-2014, 05:38 PM
I'd take the figures with a large pinch of salt. Steven Fletcher is on more than £30k pw.

Craig_in_Prague
30-01-2014, 07:36 PM
What do these guys do with all this money?

Yet there are starving children round the world

macca70
30-01-2014, 09:56 PM
Mata getting £90k a week at Chelsea, struggling to get a game.

Signs for Man Utd and is on £130k a week

£40k a week payrise, mental!!

Sir David Gray
30-01-2014, 11:14 PM
Carlton Cole earns more in 3.5 days than I do in a year.

Ridiculous.

allezsauzee
30-01-2014, 11:18 PM

Ridiculous.

I'll correct you there. He is PAID more in 3.5 days, i don't think he earns it! Quite a few wage thieves at Fulham given the cash they are raking in and the dismal performances by them in recent times

Andy74
30-01-2014, 11:26 PM

Ridiculous.

You any good?

Nomeancity
30-01-2014, 11:27 PM

this says it all for me. Just because you enter a bigger league you must be a better player. Not correct.

Sir David Gray
30-01-2014, 11:28 PM
You any good?

Couldn't tell you.

lucky
31-01-2014, 01:59 AM
Not convinced they are correct. They have James Collins at WHU on £5k a week. He has captained them and plays every week when fit. It would appear he has the worst agent in football if these figures are true.

Pete
31-01-2014, 03:44 AM
I managed to get 2 tickets for the Manchester Derby (25th March) for £80. so it’s not that badly priced for the players you get to see / football quality.

You're still paying £40 each to get into a football match. It's obscene in my opinion.

...or maybe Petrie's tip-ex has found it's way south?

gegs70
31-01-2014, 08:39 AM
Just imagine their whopping tax bills unless they have the same accountants that AMAZON have for tax avpidancevpurposes??

wearethehibs
31-01-2014, 02:19 PM
What do you do for a living ?

With your lack of reply to my last post I presume you do not like it up ye!