PDA

View Full Version : Media Well done to the healthy Hibee / Fit Fans

Viva_Palmeiras
28-01-2014, 04:17 PM
Cracking session and good exposure for the club and Community foundation - Petrie even turned the floodlights on for training ;)

Thanks to Stuart, Phil and the Fit Fans leads and the volunteers. Excellent initiative.

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/scottish-football/9137551/scottish-football-fans-in-training

Dibben
28-01-2014, 04:29 PM
Well done all.

I'm hoping to get back down when they restart shortly...

PatHead
28-01-2014, 04:36 PM
Just got an email saying next session starts on Tuesday 4 February. Don't know if there are any spaces but will see anyone there as I try to get rid of ma belly and umpteen chins. If you are looking to go call Hibs in the Community.

Anyone else going?

RIP
28-01-2014, 04:40 PM
Did anyone spot the Evenings News John Gibson in that video - isn't he looking well for his age?

Stantons Angel
28-01-2014, 05:21 PM
Since the Foundation was set up a few years ago it has gone from strength to strength and is a beacon for other clubs to follow.

The enthusiasm and hard work by Kris and Stewart is paying dividends with the increased numbers using the Learning Center and the Fitness & Life Choices sessions.

Now joined by Sue adding the football side of work in the community it is a fulfilled project of positive effort by all.

Just want to say well done to all the guys and girls who took part in past sessions and all who will take part in future sessions too.

All the hard work setting up the center has certainly shown fruit. Well done all!

Viva_Palmeiras
28-01-2014, 06:05 PM
Since the Foundation was set up a few years ago it has gone from strength to strength and is a beacon for other clubs to follow.

The enthusiasm and hard work by Kris and Stewart is paying dividends with the increased numbers using the Learning Center and the Fitness & Life Choices sessions.

Now joined by Sue adding the football side of work in the community it is a fulfilled project of positive effort by all.

Just want to say well done to all the guys and girls who took part in past sessions and all who will take part in future sessions too.

All the hard work setting up the center has certainly shown fruit. Well done all!

They do put a lot of hard work into it and in evenings away from family and deserve the publicity initiatives like this and its results deserve.

believe it or not there was a Jambo on the Healthy Hibee he said the yams have a smaller group but Hibs' initiative is better organised - just better really. Then we ripped the crap out of him... Fair play to the dude he took it well.

Dashing Bob S
28-01-2014, 06:13 PM
Great to see this. A lot of people having the awareness to realise that things have gotten out of hand, and the courage and determination to fix it.

Time for the club to pitch in now with healthier food options.

Nothing tastes as good as slim looks, and the winners are the participants, and of course, Edinburgh's tailors and stylists.

Haymaker
29-01-2014, 11:35 AM
My uncle eddie right in the middle at the end there!

TrinityHibs
29-01-2014, 12:01 PM
Its a fantastic initiative. Not sure about the Dominos advert mind

Hibs7
29-01-2014, 12:21 PM
Great to see this. A lot of people having the awareness to realise that things have gotten out of hand, and the courage and determination to fix it.

Time for the club to pitch in now with healthier food options.

Nothing tastes as good as slim looks, and the winners are the participants, and of course, Edinburgh's tailors and stylists.

Don't know about tailors, but I can get back into jeans and trousers I never thought would fit again .. A great thing to do and a big thanks to all the guys who are involved in this.. :thumbsup:

Alex Trager
29-01-2014, 12:26 PM
seen the interview and video this morning. Good initiative. I'm happy the club are taking these steps to help these boys. Was hoping I could give it a go and see a different way of training. Since I'm twenty one I believe I'm fifteen years too young. Shame.

A big massive well done to the guys who have gotten off their hoops and done it as well. Be proud of yourselves. And keep up the good work. It's not easy but it's totally worth it. If people can live a healthy life there are countless positives available to take from it. They can pass it down to their children etc. No one says don't enjoy a takeaway and a pint. Just small alterations to your lifestyle can help. Good luck boys

Paperboy
29-01-2014, 07:17 PM
Was I the only one who thought the guy at the flip board and by the looks of it the class 'teacher' looked like he could do with going on quite a few of these classes?!.

People in glass houses and all that...

nonshinyfinish
29-01-2014, 07:18 PM
'Mon the svelte Hibbies!

Hibs7
29-01-2014, 07:22 PM
Was I the only one who thought the guy at the flip board and by the looks of it the class 'teacher' looked like he could do with going on quite a few of these classes?!.

A perfect case of jumping in with both feet and not knowing the circumstances, the guy in question has reasons why he cannot do the training but I am not going to elaborate on here for your benefit .. :na na:

Viva_Palmeiras
29-01-2014, 07:24 PM

You wouldn't say that to his face tho'...

However my wife did use words to that effect ;)

As one of the volunteers he should applauded for giving his spare time

alan1875
29-01-2014, 07:28 PM
I start this on Monday, looking forward to it. Out of curiosity is there much football played... Or any at all. P.s. I hope there is

Hibby_Huddy
29-01-2014, 07:29 PM
seen the interview and video this morning. Good initiative. I'm happy the club are taking these steps to help these boys. Was hoping I could give it a go and see a different way of training. Since I'm twenty one I believe I'm fifteen years too young. Shame.

A big massive well done to the guys who have gotten off their hoops and done it as well. Be proud of yourselves. And keep up the good work. It's not easy but it's totally worth it. If people can live a healthy life there are countless positives available to take from it. They can pass it down to their children etc. No one says don't enjoy a takeaway and a pint. Just small alterations to your lifestyle can help. Good luck boys

The FFIT is for 35 years old plus but the Healthy Hibby scheme is for all. Contact the foundation for details.

Viva_Palmeiras
29-01-2014, 07:39 PM
I start this on Monday, looking forward to it. Out of curiosity is there much football played... Or any at all. P.s. I hope there is

The Healthy Hibee is a health initiative so there's a mix of talking through some of the challenges, tips and support circuit training, the option to sample some classes (I was man enough to do a yoga session - which I'd recommend actually!) and a weekly challenge as the programme progresses.

There's has been separate invites to 7s but that's not part of the Healthy Hibee as such and would typically be one a Saturday taking on other ffit fans - I played against Aberdeen but there has been games against SAints also.

Paperboy
29-01-2014, 08:01 PM
A perfect case of jumping in with both feet and not knowing the circumstances, the guy in question has reasons why he cannot do the training but I am not going to elaborate on here for your benefit .. :na na:

Fair enough although since I never had this information :na na:

Just thought it it was strange that's all.

alan1875
29-01-2014, 08:02 PM
Good stuff, I'd be mad keen on yoga actually (Been trying to convince the Mrs for us to do a course for a while. More for wellbeing than fitness). What more of an excuse does someone need than to get the opportunity to train at Easter Rd huh. It's my eating habits (and the obvious need for more exercise) was my real motivation. Looking for the education as much as the training. Never been one for dieting...

Paperboy
29-01-2014, 08:05 PM
You wouldn't say that to his face tho'...

However my wife did use words to that effect ;)

As one of the volunteers he should applauded for giving his spare time

being a volunteer for a couple of things myself I know the importance of giving up my time to help others.

And maybe I would say that to his face. Apparently there's reasons as to why he can't do the training so I probably would say it to his face as I reckon he'd struggle to catch me...

Hibs7
29-01-2014, 08:08 PM
Fair enough although since I never had this information :na na:

Just thought it it was strange that's all.

You made a judgement and condemnation on what you saw not what you knew .... Lesson learnt I think. .

Viva_Palmeiras
29-01-2014, 08:11 PM
being a volunteer for a couple of things myself I know the importance of giving up my time to help others.

And maybe I would say that to his face. Apparently there's reasons as to why he can't do the training so I probably would say it to his face as I reckon he'd struggle to catch me...

You sure you meet the age criteria?