PDA

View Full Version : Question Best Ever Player from Hibs Youth set up

Chump
28-01-2014, 11:30 AM
Good question on Hibernian Football Club's Facebook page (following Sam Stanton's excellent performance) which I'm struggling with.....Who is the best ever player to come through Hibs Youth Set Up??

I've only watched Hibs since 1983 so I'll have missed out on the Stanton's, O'Rourke's, Cormack's, Famous Five etc so please feel free to vote other if they did indeed come through the youth set up.

Future17
28-01-2014, 04:23 PM
At the risk of being pedantic, it's Steven Fletcher, not Stephen.

truehibernian
28-01-2014, 04:35 PM
Got to be Kenny Miller for me - the boy had the X factor from day one. Fletcher was the most technically elegant.

For sheer natural talent Derek.

Kenny had a bit of everything and honed these skills throughout his successful career. Turned into a complete striker for me.

jimmyboco1875
28-01-2014, 04:39 PM
Simple one, def Kenny miller

Chump
28-01-2014, 04:40 PM
At the risk of being pedantic, it's Steven Fletcher, not Stephen.

Well spotted :blushie:

erin go bragh
28-01-2014, 04:44 PM
Simple one, def Kenny miller

Steven Fletcher , Scott Brown .John Collins was only 16 on his debut ( think he was scouted from a borders team .

Ggtth

eastterrace
28-01-2014, 04:48 PM
it must be marinello as we got 100 grand for him that would roughly equate to say 10 miilllion today or is that a bit over calculated.

truehibernian
28-01-2014, 04:54 PM
it must be marinello as we got 100 grand for him that would roughly equate to say 10 miilllion today or is that a bit over calculated.

My old man rated Peter higher than George Best as a young player - such a shame his career never turned out the way it should have. But my dad's eyes no one came close to Lawrie Reilly, anywhere in the world.

It's something I'll always cherish that I was lucky enough to talk football and hear stories from Eddie Turnbull in his last years. I'd love to have followed Hibs in the Famous Five era.