PDA

View Full Version : Mikey Weir Book

fat freddy
27-01-2014, 10:16 PM
Mikey has been on twitter tonight announcing that he has agreed to write a book...

After reading umpteen books on the history of Hibs and the players that have played for the club down the years this book will be especially looked forward to by supporters of a certain vintage...for those of us born in the sixties we have only really had the opportunity to read about players we never got to see, in the last few years I have read biographies/autobiographies about Turnbull, Smith, Johnston, Reilly ect, but books about players who we witnessed at their best are thin on the ground...Burridge, Schaedler, Stanton spring to mind but dont satisfy the demand for fans whose teenage years were in the late 70's, early 80's...The team that emerged in the early eighties, although not particulary successful, are the team that many of my generation look to as our team. Maybe its because we were the same age as a lot of them, maybe its because we thought we could get a game alongside them? maybe its because we all came from Edinburgh and knew someone that went to school with one of them?...i dont know really but I still look at the Hibs side containing Mikey, Kano, J.C., GBH, Juke Box, Eddie May, Calum Milne ect as my favourite Hibs team and any books coming from that stable will be a welcome addition to the bookshelves of those of us tired of reading about players we never saw.

I suggested to Mikey that he call the book 'Here,There, Everywhere'....he hasn't got back to me on that one yet :I'm waiti

Ronniekirk
27-01-2014, 10:27 PM
Mikey has been on twitter tonight announcing that he has agreed to write a book...

After reading umpteen books on the history of Hibs and the players that have played for the club down the years this book will be especially looked forward to by supporters of a certain vintage...for those of us born in the sixties we have only really had the opportunity to read about players we never got to see, in the last few years I have read biographies/autobiographies about Turnbull, Smith, Johnston, Reilly ect, but books about players who we witnessed at their best are thin on the ground...Burridge, Schaedler, Stanton spring to mind but dont satisfy the demand for fans whose teenage years were in the late 70's, early 80's...The team that emerged in the early eighties, although not particulary successful, are the team that many of my generation look to as our team. Maybe its because we were the same age as a lot of them, maybe its because we thought we could get a game alongside them? maybe its because we all came from Edinburgh and knew someone that went to school with one of them?...i dont know really but I still look at the Hibs side containing Mikey, Kano, J.C., GBH, Juke Box, Eddie May, Calum Milne ect as my favourite Hibs team and any books coming from that stable will be a welcome addition to the bookshelves of those of us tired of reading about players we never saw.

I suggested to Mikey that he call the book 'Here,There, Everywhere'....he hasn't got back to me on that one yet :I'm waiti
What a player on his day his rolled pass for Keith wright to run on to and calmly stroke the ball into corner of net in skol cup final was a joy to see Oh how we miss that just now

Jonnyboy
27-01-2014, 10:28 PM

Ahem. In Colours Green and White fits that bill :greengrin

fat freddy
27-01-2014, 10:28 PM
Dont tell me...your ghosting it?

Jonnyboy
27-01-2014, 10:29 PM

Mickey's? I wish :thumbsup:

fat freddy
27-01-2014, 10:31 PM
Mickey's? I wish :thumbsup:

I dont believe you

silverhibee
27-01-2014, 10:33 PM

When you starting on Deeks autobiography. :greengrin

A modern day Hibs legend. :wink:

Jonnyboy
27-01-2014, 10:35 PM
I dont believe you

I don't believe you don't believe me :greengrin

My pen is poised and ready. Just say the word :wink:

fat freddy
27-01-2014, 10:39 PM

Would Casper Need a Ghost Writer?

Jonnyboy
27-01-2014, 10:40 PM
Would Casper Need a Ghost Writer?

Cannae see it :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
27-01-2014, 10:47 PM
and coincidentally, a free magazine was popped through my door today called 'KONECT'(bathgate) and it has a two-page interview with the man himself Mickey Weir, titled... He's Here, he's there, he's everywhere.... :flag:

fat freddy
27-01-2014, 10:52 PM

O.K. I have just bought it on kindle for £6.95, Reduced from a staggering £25...who do you think you are? Rod Petrie?...it better be good :aok:

Jonnyboy
27-01-2014, 10:53 PM
O.K. I have just bought it on kindle for £6.95, Reduced from a staggering £25...who do you think you are? Rod Petrie?...it better be good :aok:

I didn't set the price freddy, it was my nasty publisher. :greengrin

Hope you enjoy it - let me know either way :aok:

Peevemor
27-01-2014, 10:55 PM

He may be very old, but he hasn't reached the ghost stage yet.

Jonnyboy
27-01-2014, 10:57 PM
He may be very old, but he hasn't reached the ghost stage yet.

:greengrin

fat freddy
27-01-2014, 11:04 PM
I didn't set the price freddy, it was my nasty publisher. :greengrin

Hope you enjoy it - let me know either way :aok:

will do...i just noticed a link to a book on Alex Cropley...this is turning into an expensive night in...the Hibs book thread should probably be updated as the amount of new reading being published will have taken the total books on the club up to around the 50 mark

meahwhile hearts fans are still reading their solitary book about gary mckays all time greats...

jodjam
27-01-2014, 11:31 PM
Weststandmoaner grew up with Mickey. He will be a worried man waiting on this book. Few stories of their youth that he will be hoping are omitted.

Jonnyboy
27-01-2014, 11:32 PM
will do...i just noticed a link to a book on Alex Cropley...this is turning into an expensive night in...the Hibs book thread should probably be updated as the amount of new reading being published will have taken the total books on the club up to around the 50 mark

meahwhile hearts fans are still reading their solitary book about gary mckays all time greats...

Another excellent read :aok:

silverhibee
27-01-2014, 11:36 PM
Weststandmoaner grew up with Mickey. He will be a worried man waiting on this book. Few stories of their youth that he will be hoping are omitted.

Pigeons will be spoken about many times. :greengrin

nomad
28-01-2014, 05:45 PM

Hi sorry if this has already been asked. Did In Colour Green an White get published in hardback or just in paperback.

Stantons Angel
28-01-2014, 06:02 PM
I for one will look forward to reading Mickey's book. Like Pat Stanton he "lived the dream" all young lads have of playing for the team they support and love so much.

I would think Mickey's book would be one for the supporters written by him to inspire them and let them see what can be achieved by the ordinary supporter.

It will be quite amusing knowing the sense of humor the wee man has. So i look forward to his tales of mirth too.

Most of us will be able to relate to the time he played in the green and white of Hibs and to what went on at that time.

Its sure to be a good read. Cant wait!

weonlywon6-2
28-01-2014, 06:26 PM

on that note,if/when deeks has an autobiography what do we think it will be called
deeks
casper
a nightclub to far
splinters on my bum,a glasgow story

suggestions ??

CallumLaidlaw
28-01-2014, 06:27 PM
on that note,if/when deeks has an autobiography what do we think it will be called
deeks
casper
a nightclub to far
splinters on my bum,a glasgow story

suggestions ??

Enfant Terrible' ?

Jonnyboy
28-01-2014, 08:31 PM
Hi sorry if this has already been asked. Did In Colour Green an White get published in hardback or just in paperback.

Hi nomad. Paperback I'm afraid though it's also available on Kindle

nonshinyfinish
28-01-2014, 08:47 PM
My first Hibs hero. Looking forward to the book.

nomad
28-01-2014, 09:38 PM
Hi nomad. Paperback I'm afraid though it's also available on Kindle

Thanks Jonnyboy

HIBERNIAN-0762
28-01-2014, 09:42 PM
What a player on his day his rolled pass for Keith wright to run on to and calmly stroke the ball into corner of net in skol cup final was a joy to see Oh how we miss that just now

Aye but the wee beesom dived for the penalty :shocked:

:greengrin