PDA

View Full Version : Coventry City Fans Want Help

One Day Soon
27-01-2014, 08:58 PM
Chaps

Coventry City fans are asking for help at our next home game. Specifically they would like us to sing:

"They want to Go home. they want to go home, they're Coventry City and they want to go home"

(it is a reference to the fact that their owners are making their team play in Northampton 31-35 mile away from their Home Ground the Ricoh Arena in Coventry over a rent/ownership dispute).

I promised I would at post on this and see what people thought. After their You Tube performance at Arsenal I think its the least that other fans could do for them.

Onceinawhile
27-01-2014, 09:03 PM
Is the coventry chairman going to be at our game or something?

One Day Soon
27-01-2014, 09:07 PM
Is the coventry chairman going to be at our game or something?

I think they are just hoping that supporters of other clubs singing it will get reported on radio, Sky or whatever and rasie the temperature on their owners. It's a start at least. If they were Yams they would be sitting twiddling their thumbs.

Zazu62
27-01-2014, 09:12 PM
Can we not just sing twist and shout instead?

monktonharp
27-01-2014, 11:26 PM
Chaps

Coventry City fans are asking for help at our next home game. Specifically they would like us to sing:

"They want to Go home. they want to go home, they're Coventry City and they want to go home"

(it is a reference to the fact that their owners are making their team play in Northampton 31-35 mile away from their Home Ground the Ricoh Arena in Coventry over a rent/ownership dispute).

I promised I would at post on this and see what people thought. After their You Tube performance at Arsenal I think its the least that other fans could do for them.not much wrong with your request. our young team fans are the ones who will decide, spontaneously, if a few try it. what a waste o' beer though

ManBearPig
28-01-2014, 06:54 AM
Didnt hibs and coventry have some kind youth connection back in the ninties or am I misremembering?

Hibrandenburg
28-01-2014, 07:06 AM
Let's help send them to Coventry.

wearethehibs
28-01-2014, 07:54 AM
We were playing Celtic on Sunday and it was the usual 30 or so people singing our songs, with hardly any participation from others.

So I wouldn't see a song about Coventry getting sung by many.

bigwheel
28-01-2014, 07:58 AM
We were playing Celtic on Sunday and it was the usual 30 or so people singing our songs, with hardly any participation from others.

So I wouldn't see a song about Coventry getting sung by many.

Now now. There was definitely a second half old Skool chant of "Hibees" started from the upper west stand ! 😃

wearethehibs
28-01-2014, 08:05 AM
Now now. There was definitely a second half old Skool chant of "Hibees" started from the upper west stand ! 😃

I know, I almost fainted.

Whoever starts that should do it more often. Always gets the whole ground joining in.

blackpoolhibs
28-01-2014, 08:15 AM
Let's just give them James McPake back.

Future17
28-01-2014, 08:27 AM
Didnt hibs and coventry have some kind youth connection back in the ninties or am I misremembering?

IIRC, Hibs used to have a link with Hutchie Vale but some of the folk at HV didn't feel Hibs were contributing much to the arrangement. When Strachan was at Coventry, he made HV an offer and they linked up with them instead.

Having said that, I think the few players who were good enough to spend any time at Coventry ended up at Hibs eventually anyway.

MKHIBEE
28-01-2014, 08:47 AM
Chaps

I promised I would at post on this and see what people thought. After their You Tube performance at Arsenal I think its the least that other fans could do for them.

They could always fill Sixfields and chant.

Ronniekirk
28-01-2014, 09:35 AM
Chaps

If it was going to happen it would need to be as many clubs doing it at same time on same day and that was publicised to have media exposure .But in grand scheme of things that in itself won't change any business decision .Fans of Coventry will need to be more proactive than that