PDA

View Full Version : Zoubir

jimmyboco1875
27-01-2014, 08:14 PM
I think there is a really decent player in there who just needs some confidence, I would stick with him and ignore his little mistakes, honestly think it will be worth it

Ronniekirk
27-01-2014, 08:17 PM
I think there is a really decent player in there who just needs some confidence, I would stick with him and ignore his little mistakes, honestly think it will be worth it

Think he should defo play a part at some point against Raith

LioNeilMessi
27-01-2014, 08:18 PM
Two great chances against Celtic so he definitely has something to offer.

Diclonius
Up until yesterday I considered him a (poor) impact player and was pleasantly surprised by how well he did playing from the start.

One swallow doesn't make a summer though.

Billy Whizz
Think he should defo play a part at some point against Raith

Think he will, Cairney's suspended, if he's still with us by then

lord bunberry
27-01-2014, 08:19 PM

If him Stanton and Harris can play to their potential then we have 3 exciting and creative players. I would start all 3 against Raith and see how they do in a game were we will be expected to be more on the front foot.

SaulGoodman
27-01-2014, 08:19 PM
He's not any worse than what we've got IMO. And the potential is there for a bit of magic.

No harm in starting him, I'd go for same lineup against Raith

Unseen work
27-01-2014, 08:20 PM
I'm never convinced he is going to do something with the ball, always think he tries to over do it or doesn't have the speed and strength to get past his opponent. His best parts against Celtic was when he got quite a bit of good fortune.

Think he has ability it's just getting that out of him. Also really need to go to the gym

Billy Whizz
27-01-2014, 08:20 PM
He's not any worse than what we've got IMO. And the potential is there for a bit of magic.

No harm in starting him, I'd go for same lineup against Raith

What drop Paul Hanlon

SaulGoodman
27-01-2014, 08:25 PM
What drop Paul Hanlon

Aye he's gash.

:wink: Nah forgot Hanlon would be back, maybe go with:

Williams
Forster Nelson Hanlon Stevenson/Mcgivern
Taiwo?
Zoubir Craig Stanton Harris
Collins

Billy Whizz
27-01-2014, 08:26 PM
Aye he's gash.

:wink: Nah forgot Hanlon would be back, maybe go with:

Williams
Forster Nelson Hanlon Stevenson/Mcgivern
Taiwo?
Zoubir Craig Stanton Harris
Collins

Let you off!
I never pick teams, leave that upto the Manager

Hermit Crab
27-01-2014, 08:28 PM
There is a player in him. I did notice butcher having a right go at him in the first half after he just let izza what's his name walk the ball out for a goal kick without any pressure on him. Telling him to kick him and gesturing with his foot.

BH Hibs
27-01-2014, 08:37 PM
I'd prefer him to cross it a bit earlier as I feel he takes too many touches at times.

jimmyboco1875
27-01-2014, 08:39 PM
Love the way he drags the ball no many players can do that in a game

Stax
27-01-2014, 08:52 PM
Defo a player in there, caught my eye in the Stranraer game and was looking forward to seeing him play / push on. As others have said he sometimes takes a touch too many but I wouldn't mind seeing him get a wee run of games.

Ronniekirk
27-01-2014, 09:00 PM
There is a player in him. I did notice butcher having a right go at him in the first half after he just let izza what's his name walk the ball out for a goal kick without any pressure on him. Telling him to kick him and gesturing with his foot.

Its the French way Va Va Voom

mutley
27-01-2014, 09:03 PM
Up until yesterday I considered him a (poor) impact player and was pleasantly surprised by how well he did playing from the start.

I'll second that, up until Sunday I was wondering what all the fuss was about, but some of his fancy tricks actually worked and it was a decent shot at goal, maybe there is a player in there after all.

DownInAlbion
27-01-2014, 09:03 PM
Got slated for putting in my team for the Celtic game glad to see people have also seen an improvement in him, he is certainly much fitter and I think he could really help the team for the rest of the season as I don't particularly rate Cairney.

A fully fit team for me would be

Williams
Forster-Nelson-Hanlon-Mcgivern
OTJ-Robertson
Zoubir Stanton Harris
Colins

I Would play Craig but i think OTJ is a far better defensive midfielder and stanton certainly looks better than him at the moment.

:tbgwa:

WestEndHibee
27-01-2014, 09:13 PM
Zouby is a better futsal player than football player (at the moment) but I think its a great idea of Hibs to get him over and see if they can shape him more towards the footballer side. He's strengthening up a bit more and now needs to keep learning to use his trickery to get into the right places to be able to cross/shoot, could be a great asset if they can clue him up a bit more.

greenlex
27-01-2014, 10:03 PM
Be surprised if he's here next season. He can play but not often enough. A young lad his age with the limited playing time he gets should be busting a gut to impress. Never seems to have any sort of urgency and you need that in the Scottish game. Fair bit of talent to be fair but I don't think he's cut out for Scottish Fitba.

Alex Trager
27-01-2014, 10:09 PM
I thought him and Stanton yesterday were impressive. Wasn't there but watched about thirty minutes of it. In they thirty minutes they both looked really good. Was more surprised with zoubir though, as he has never really shown his potential. Stanton has impressed me nearly every time he's played. Even more so yesterday. Think he'll be a player

Jonnyboy
27-01-2014, 10:11 PM

Eeesaqueerie :wink:

Guy close to me takes great delight in shouting you cannae beat a man every time Zoubir gets the ball. Mind you he shouts lots of other s4ite as well

easty
27-01-2014, 10:14 PM
I'll happily be proven wrong, but I don't see a player with Zoubir. I don't think he's good enough, and I think he'll go back to France and we'll never hear of him again.

ian cruise
27-01-2014, 10:32 PM
He looked good on Sunday, probably his best game in a Hibs shirt but he has no final ball. If he crossed earlier there's a good chance we could have been two up by the end. I think if we had got ourselves in front in that fame we'd have won. The second goal seemed to rob us of confidence. I'm not sure I blame the players, they busted a gut and Thomson was up to his usual tricks. Anyway I digress

The_Horde
28-01-2014, 12:30 AM
Zouby is a better futsal player than football player (at the moment) but I think its a great idea of Hibs to get him over and see if they can shape him more towards the footballer side. He's strengthening up a bit more and now needs to keep learning to use his trickery to get into the right places to be able to cross/shoot, could be a great asset if they can clue him up a bit more.

Agree with this. Needs to lift his head and be more aware of what's around him. If he can learn that quickly we'll have a player on our hands for sure.

truehibernian
28-01-2014, 07:37 AM
I'll happily be proven wrong, but I don't see a player with Zoubir. I don't think he's good enough, and I think he'll go back to France and we'll never hear of him again.

This.

ahibby
28-01-2014, 09:24 AM
It's a different style than we are used to seeing in Scotland. He has some talent and so does Stanton. We really need to be looking at where we can get goals from though and neither over enough threat, yet, and it might only come with experience. However, we have played youngsters in the distant past who were immediate goal threats, but I'm not sure if they would be regarded as mid field players.

DanHFC1875
28-01-2014, 09:40 AM
I think Butcher may well go with Zoubir, Harris and Stanton against Raith.
Could be the ideal game to give them another run out. :flag:

Ronniekirk
28-01-2014, 09:53 AM
It's a different style than we are used to seeing in Scotland. He has some talent and so does Stanton. We really need to be looking at where we can get goals from though and neither over enough threat, yet, and it might only come with experience. However, we have played youngsters in the distant past who were immediate goal threats, but I'm not sure if they would be regarded as mid field players.

His decision making is poor as he often doesn't pass when he could play others in and he can take players on but sometimes then overdoes it so yes he needs more experience and coaching ,butcher may not want to invest a lot of time in him if going back home in the summer .But if he can't get a wide pacey player in this window he might continue to give him more opportunities .

KuqiKuqiCoo
28-01-2014, 10:40 AM
I rate Zoubir, very good on the ball and running at players. One thing I disliked about him was his inability to take a shot. I wasn't at the game on Sunday but saw his chances on the highlights and was pleasantly surprised to see him having a go.
That forward three of Zoubir Stanton Harris behind the striker looks very decent! Very creative and attacking which is something we have been so desperately missing

ahibby
28-01-2014, 10:51 AM
His decision making is poor as he often doesn't pass when he could play others in and he can take players on but sometimes then overdoes it so yes he needs more experience and coaching ,butcher may not want to invest a lot of time in him if going back home in the summer .But if he can't get a wide pacey player in this window he might continue to give him more opportunities .

Stanton and Zoubir both guilty of over running with the ball at times. Harris is a bit more mature with it but I think he is one year older (than Stanton anyway), and has more experience than both considering the first team games he played last year. It's a pity that Caldwell didn't keep on progressing after his goal at Tynecastle.

Weststandwanab
28-01-2014, 10:54 AM
Eeesaqueerie :wink:

Guy close to me takes great delight in shouting you cannae beat a man every time Zoubir gets the ball. Mind you he shouts lots of other s4ite as well Does he shout that in French ?

I think Butcher may well go with Zoubir, Harris and Stanton against Raith.
Could be the ideal game to give them another run out. :flag: I think that makes a lot of sense.

truehibernian
28-01-2014, 10:54 AM
I rate Zoubir, very good on the ball and running at players. One thing I disliked about him was his inability to take a shot. I wasn't at the game on Sunday but saw his chances on the highlights and was pleasantly surprised to see him having a go.
That forward three of Zoubir Stanton Harris behind the striker looks very decent! Very creative and attacking which is something we have been so desperately missing

He did well to get a couple of shots away and can't fault him on Sunday for not wanting the ball second half - but for me he plays the game like a 5-a-side game, getting rid of the ball too quickly at times and I disagree completely about him 'running at players' - he runs across the pitch with the ball and away from players, rather than at players and driving at the opposition.

He'd be a better 'No 10' behind a striker than a wide player - just my thoughts. He's also very slight and gets brushed off the ball far far too easily for my liking.

Just not a player I have taken to at all I'm afraid.

Scouse Hibee
28-01-2014, 10:59 AM

I agree.

IFONLY
28-01-2014, 11:27 AM
I agree.
Me too!!!!

PeterboroHibee
28-01-2014, 11:44 AM

I think thats going to be the key thing with him - its fine playing reasonably well in a TV game against Celtic, but its in other games he needs to maintain the same sort of performances (and against lesser opposition he should have even more of a contribution).

Initial signs do look positive though!

The_Horde
28-01-2014, 01:20 PM
Think he'll drop out of the team when we get McGivern back. Stevenson will return to left mid, Harris right and Stanton behind JC.

hhibs
28-01-2014, 01:48 PM
This.

This2,hope I am wrong but canny see it.

Jonnyboy
28-01-2014, 03:09 PM
Does he shout that in French ?

I think that makes a lot of sense.

Nope though I wish he did and then at least I wouldn't know that he was slagging a young Hibs player and enjoying doing so

Mikey09
28-01-2014, 03:34 PM
Just putting it out there for debate but is there any scope for playing 3 at the back??? We seem to be overloaded with midfielders. Would it work?? Would it be a disaster?? Maybe starting with Hanlon with Nelson and Forster picking up. Lewis could defo play wide left in a 5 but I don't know woo could play that role wide right..... Thoughts?

Weststandwanab
28-01-2014, 03:43 PM
Nope though I wish he did and then at least I wouldn't know that he was slagging a young Hibs player and enjoying doing so I would agree with that whole heartedly.