Good stuff

Billy Whizz
27-01-2014, 03:56 PM
Good stuff
Strangely not on SPFL website though. Looks like United have jumped the gun

JimBHibees
27-01-2014, 03:56 PM
Good stuff

Really, would much prefer a 3pm Saturday.

craigmounthibby
27-01-2014, 04:14 PM
As we all know, unfortunately, what fans want has got nothing to do with dates and times games are played.

Dundee Utd at home is the last Hibs Kids game of the season too - wonder if that will be rearranged, if this is to be changed to a Friday night.

Jones28
27-01-2014, 04:15 PM
Would be well up for that, Friday night football is a breath of fresh air IMO.

Pete
27-01-2014, 04:17 PM
Anything is better than a Sunday bloody lunchtime.

Inch Hibs
27-01-2014, 04:18 PM
Payday! Ya dancer!

BroxburnHibee
27-01-2014, 05:00 PM

Exactly!!!!!

stoneyburn hibs
27-01-2014, 05:05 PM
Hope its wrong because anything other than 3pm on a Saturday is just wrong.

Jay
27-01-2014, 05:07 PM

Not if you work until 7.30 on Friday nights :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ronniekirk
27-01-2014, 05:07 PM
Would be well up for that, Friday night football is a breath of fresh air IMO.
Some of the away nights at Motherwell were great so be interesting if we get increased home crowd as we certainly took decent support .

Mikey
27-01-2014, 05:11 PM
Friday night could be popular.

However, Hearts could be relegated that weekend and it would have been fun to have a home game when it happens.

frazeHFC
27-01-2014, 05:18 PM
Friday night games are good if they are close enough by. Aberdeen was awful, but the Motherwell ones were quality. Not too fussed about this one, finish at 3 and straight on a train down.

HH81
27-01-2014, 05:25 PM

However, Hearts could be relegated that weekend and it would have been fun to have a home game when it happens.
Forget Hearts.

Lets start worrying about Hibs winning football matches. Hearts will go down it doesnt matter when it is.

Mikey
27-01-2014, 05:26 PM
Forget Hearts.

Lets start worrying about Hibs winning football matches. Hearts will go down it doesnt matter when it is.

Ok, so what can I do to help?

.Sean.
27-01-2014, 05:28 PM
Really looking forward to this. Great way to start the weekend IMO.

Inch Hibs
27-01-2014, 05:28 PM

Who are they playing that weekend?

A full Saturday in the pub watching the scores come in as hearts get relegated and a full blown party would be most delightful!

Inch Hibs
27-01-2014, 05:29 PM
Forget Hearts.

Start worrying about hibs winning matches on a thread relating to Friday night football aye?

HH81
27-01-2014, 05:37 PM
Start worrying about hibs winning matches on a thread relating to Friday night football aye?

Yes Hibs are allowed to win on Fridays. As long as you score more goals etc... frig what Hearts are doing....

NAE NOOKIE
27-01-2014, 05:45 PM
Way better than lunchtime kick offs .... no offence to those who cant make a Friday night. Always wondered how this would affect the crowd, should be interesting.

And its my birthday :greengrin ............ or should that be :boo hoo:

lord bunberry
27-01-2014, 05:52 PM
Great another game I will miss, if this is going to be a regular thing then I won't be renewing my st. I've already missed loads of games this season but Friday night fixtures will be the tipping point for me.

scoopyboy
27-01-2014, 06:00 PM
I'm happy enough with Friday nights but was told the Lothians and Borders finest had been against them and therefore they wouldn't happen.

Change of mind?

Ozyhibby
27-01-2014, 06:01 PM
I'm happy enough with Friday nights but was told the Lothians and Borders finest had been against them and therefore they wouldn't happen.

Change of mind?

Lothian and Borders are no more. Police Scotland showing consistency?

HibbyAndy
27-01-2014, 06:03 PM
That will be a hibs kids game then..Is it really been thought through in regards to smaller kids and a night game ? I'm happy though its my weekend off.

down-the-slope
27-01-2014, 06:04 PM
Really, would much prefer a 3pm Saturday.

Yup but failing 3pm Saturday then Friday night is a winner for me... just hope this is true

scoopyboy
27-01-2014, 06:05 PM
Lothian and Borders are no more. Police Scotland showing consistency?

Oops, didn't realise that.

Could well be the reason.

Pretty Boy
27-01-2014, 06:06 PM
Like the Friday night games. One of the few decent ideas the powers that be have had imo.

GreenLake
27-01-2014, 06:12 PM
I would love to go to a Friday night Hibs game. How about a wee friendly against the LA Galaxy? Not sure Petrie would pay the travel costs.

Iceman1875
27-01-2014, 06:16 PM
I'd like to see more week night games personally, had a dozen a season please!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stevie Reid
27-01-2014, 06:34 PM
Up for this.

Hibby70
27-01-2014, 06:36 PM

I hate U2

Alfred E Newman
27-01-2014, 06:36 PM
That will be a hibs kids game then..Is it really been thought through in regards to smaller kids and a night game ? I'm happy though its my weekend off.

Agree. Don't really mind a Friday game but not ideal for a Hibs kids day though these affairs have been a disaster recently.

E10 Rifle
27-01-2014, 06:40 PM
That's a 'Straightfae' :cheers:

Seveno
27-01-2014, 06:43 PM
Annoying for me as I can't make Friday nights. We pay for our STs in the expectation of see matches on a Saturday. What other product is sold under these ridiculous terms?

Inch Hibs
27-01-2014, 06:47 PM
Annoying for me as I can't make Friday nights. We pay for our STs in the expectation of see matches on a Saturday. What other product is sold under these ridiculous terms?

No we dinnae. We all know many games get moved for TV and no big games will be on a sat afternoon.

basehibby
27-01-2014, 06:50 PM

:agree: Fri evening is a great time to do fun stuff like a Footy game followed by a few beers - Sun lunch time is just pish on so many levels - even just watching it in the pub is a pain in the erse in that slot - never mind actually attending.

Hermit Crab
27-01-2014, 06:53 PM
Off topic but tonight's game at tannadice has been called off due to a waterlogged pitch.

poolman
27-01-2014, 06:57 PM

That's not happend in years

The Voice Of Reason
27-01-2014, 06:58 PM
We took a fantastic support through to M'well for a Friday night game (great atmosphere!) :thumbsup:

I'm up for Friday night Footie - nice wee change :aok:

Billy Whizz
27-01-2014, 06:59 PM
Off topic but tonight's game at tannadice has been called off due to a waterlogged pitch.

Rules the St Johnstone keeper, Alan Manus, out of the semi against Aberdeen on Saturday due to this

Hermit Crab
27-01-2014, 07:08 PM
Rules the St Johnstone keeper, Alan Manus, out of the semi against Aberdeen on Saturday due to this

Maybe the game at tynie on Wednesday will be called off so Stevenson still misses the semi.

Jay
27-01-2014, 07:11 PM

I don't mind the fri night, just wish it could be sorted months in advance. I know it's a few weeks notice but my rota is already made up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Cabbage East
27-01-2014, 07:18 PM

Product? :faf:

Being a Hibby isn't a consumer choice. Sick of hearing this pish. If that's how you feel, go and purchase from a competitor :rolleyes:

I agree with you that football should be a Saturday at 3 but football is not a commercial product ffs.

Seveno
27-01-2014, 07:22 PM
Product? :faf:

Being a Hibby isn't a consumer choice. Sick of hearing this pish. If that's how you feel, go and purchase from a competitor :rolleyes:

I agree with you that football should be a Saturday at 3 but football is not a commercial product ffs.

Instead of getting worked up over semantics, can't you just sympathise with a Season Ticket holder that can't see his team play because someone decides to mess about with dates and times.

stoneyburn hibs
27-01-2014, 07:24 PM

Sorry you cant make it, every cloud though eh. I can leave 5 minutes early and you wont see me :na na:

Cabbage East
27-01-2014, 07:26 PM
Instead of getting worked up over semantics, can't you just sympathise with a Season Ticket holder that can't see his team play because someone decides to mess about with dates and times.

I do sympathise, it's ridiculous you can't go and watch your team because of the tv companies.

B.H.F.C
27-01-2014, 07:26 PM

Strange comment. Everybody knows kick off times are going to be moved throughout the season.

I'd rather we always played at 3pm on a Saturday but if we take the TV money then we have to accept games will be moved.

Westie1875
27-01-2014, 07:30 PM
Friday night is a winner for me, much better than sat or sun lunchtime!

lord bunberry
27-01-2014, 07:31 PM
Strange comment. Everybody knows kick off times are going to be moved throughout the season.

I'd rather we always played at 3pm on a Saturday but if we take the TV money then we have to accept games will be moved.

When I bought my season ticket I was under the impression that there wouldbe no friday night games due to the police not allowing them. I know games will be moved to different times at the weekend, I don't like it bit it's something I've just grown to accept. Friday night is a step to far fro me personally and makes my season ticket an even bigger waste of money

Brooster
27-01-2014, 07:31 PM

Surely most kids will be allowed up later on a Friday night......unless they have Edwardian parents lol.

MichelleHibs
27-01-2014, 10:34 PM
Rules me out then? It's a hibs kids game too do the kids won't get down either! :-( I don't finish work til 6 in Perth n don't drive!! Grrr!!!

Bishop Hibee
27-01-2014, 11:08 PM
Pain in the rear for me as the family are invited to an 18th that evening. I'll be as popular as a bacon sandwich down the mosque when I tell my beloved I'm off to ER instead.

The TV companies should be made to announce what fixtures they want way in advance.

NadeAteMyLunch!
27-01-2014, 11:19 PM
Sounds good. Few beers before and after

marinello59
28-01-2014, 05:23 AM
I love the idea of Friday night football and hope we pack the place out for this one.
There will be losers though. More than a few out of towners will find season ticket renewal impossible to justify.

KeithTheHibby
28-01-2014, 07:27 AM
Rod will be raging about having to use the floodlights.

hibs4thecup1988
28-01-2014, 07:47 AM
I loved night games as a kid, walking up to Easter Road and seeing the floodlights was the best feeling ever - still is. My boy loved the derby walking up and seeing the floodlights.

At least it isn't a school night. If people are worried about people drinking etc then that shouldn't become an issue, otherwise we are going to have to play all our games at 12pm on a Sunday.

Would much rather 7.45 on a Friday that 12,1,2,3,4,5,6pm on a Sunday any day.

Well done to Hibs for pursuing this and pushing it through

H113EE5
28-01-2014, 11:56 AM
North Mechiston Club fundraiser that night, :confused::confused::confused::confused: Which one to attend

PatHead
28-01-2014, 01:40 PM
Can't understand why they haven't given fixtures up to the split. Only fixtures chosen until 1 March. At least we don't feature in any others.

http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/fixture-amendments--live-televised-matches-15-february--1-march/

Green Man
28-01-2014, 02:03 PM
Surely most kids will be allowed up later on a Friday night......unless they have Edwardian parents lol.

My boy is 3. He's in the Hibs Kids but with kick off coinciding with his bedtime there's no chance he'll be there. It would be nice if the club choose a different game (Aberdeen in April?) for Hibs Kids to go to.

borderhibby
28-01-2014, 02:48 PM
My boy is 3. He's in the Hibs Kids but with kick off coinciding with his bedtime there's no chance he'll be there. It would be nice if the club choose a different game (Aberdeen in April?) for Hibs Kids to go to.

Anyone know which tv company has it BT or Sky

PatHead
28-01-2014, 02:49 PM
Anyone know which tv company has it BT or Sky

BT

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-01-2014, 02:49 PM
Great news! Hopefully a few wins leading up to it and we can pack the place out.

lord bunberry
28-01-2014, 03:03 PM
If Friday night football is so popular why don't we play all games on a Friday night? The whole league could be played on the Friday. We wouldn't be competing with the EPL , it wouldn't suit everyone(me included)but if it meant increased attendance's then surely it would be worth considering. I've thought for a long time that we need to try something different in this country to make the game more appealing, personally I would go for summer football.

Cameron1875
28-01-2014, 03:33 PM
If Friday night football is so popular why don't we play all games on a Friday night? The whole league could be played on the Friday. We wouldn't be competing with the EPL , it wouldn't suit everyone(me included)but if it meant increased attendance's then surely it would be worth considering. I've thought for a long time that we need to try something different in this country to make the game more appealing, personally I would go for summer football.

I do agree that being directly up against the English Premier League hurts our league a little but there should still be the traditional Sat 3pm k.o in SPFL.

Friday 7.45's, Sat at 3 oclock, and Sat 5.30's are the times that would work best imo. These lunchtime kick offs and monday nights are a bloody nightmare!

hibs4thecup1988
28-01-2014, 04:11 PM
I do agree that being directly up against the English Premier League hurts our league a little but there should still be the traditional Sat 3pm k.o in SPFL.

Friday 7.45's, Sat at 3 oclock, and Sat 5.30's are the times that would work best imo. These lunchtime kick offs and monday nights are a bloody nightmare!

We have already played on every day of the week this season...MENTAL