PDA

View Full Version : Jambo Eilidh's windup disappointment.

Jim44
27-01-2014, 10:00 AM
Did anyone hear Jambo fanatic Eilidh Child on the John Beattie programme on Saturday. She was due to run at an International Athletics meet in Glasgow on Saturday and was hoping to win her race in 51 seconds.She had lined up Skatchel to be there to celebrate with her, giving it the big 5-1 in order to wind up the Hibbys. Glad to say she was not in the first three, beaten by a 'nose' probably. :greengrin

Alex Trager
27-01-2014, 10:08 AM
Not all, but a lot of them have allowed that score line to determine their life. Skacel is one of them.

Sir David Gray
27-01-2014, 10:11 AM
Hope she finishes in 51st place in the Commonwealth Games in the summer, if that's possible.

If not, last place would be good too.

Your club's finished, Eilidh. Dry your eyes.

Gustavo Fring
27-01-2014, 10:15 AM
you'd expect better from a professional athlete , maybe it would be slightly funny if it was a 10 year old but a grown woman

i guess vlad was right when he described the yams as 'simple' fans

DAVE1875
27-01-2014, 10:20 AM
Still clinging to that scoreline as if it's a teddybear that helps keep the nightmares of relegation and liquidation away

SMAXXA
27-01-2014, 10:22 AM
Really? Is that necessary?
Take a chill guys - if it was one of ours doing a 7-0 for something then we'd have seen it as a laugh. Fitba is about winding up your rivals. If you're in the public eye and can do so then fair enough. I hardly think it dominates her life, do you?

Yeah I shouldn't have held back your right

Fact is it wasn't our 7 nil so it's irrelevant, I won't stop showing them the contempt they show us regardless.

Gustavo Fring
27-01-2014, 10:23 AM
Seriously has anyone ever seen a decent looking jambo?

funnily enough no , they are all steve fultons children

Inch Hibs
27-01-2014, 10:27 AM
Running in Glasgow the meeting before the games and concentrating on winding up hibs fans. What a loser.

MrSmith
27-01-2014, 10:30 AM
Still clinging to that scoreline as if it's a teddybear that helps keep the nightmares of relegation and liquidation away

Maybe more like Linus' safety blanket? ;)

flash
27-01-2014, 10:44 AM
Take a chill guys - if it was one of ours doing a 7-0 for something then we'd have seen it as a laugh. Fitba is about winding up your rivals. If you're in the public eye and can do so then fair enough. I hardly think it dominates her life, do you?

Spot on no need whatsoever.

(ps She is on twitter if anyone else fancies a dash.)

Col2
27-01-2014, 10:54 AM
Who is she? Never heard of her. I bet her coach/manager is delighted with where her focus is.

cabbageandribs1875
rather unprofessional indeed(whoever she/it is), but then again is there actually a yamboid alive with any class whatsoever ? i think it says it all when some average football player (and a Grade A tw@t of a human being) called rudi scathel is hailed as some kind of club legend, i mean c'mon...seriously, is he really all they have ?

Vini1875
The point about our celebration of the 0-7 is that it didn't come at the cost of our club. For them it's like wining a large bet at the bookies with the money that should have been spent on the mortgage. Then becoming homeless, but still being able to talk about that time we beat the bookies, while selling the Big Issue and queueing for soup.

I know they won two cups, but spent £60M doing it and they view it as success to be celebrated. If I had spent £60M on Hibs and only won two cups I would not consider that much of a return.

--------
27-01-2014, 10:57 AM

:agree:

Some of us seem to have our knickers permanently in a twist. I don't how how they manage to sit down. Fans yank their rivals' chain, and when those rivals react, they know they've got them.

How many times do folks on here make 'jokes' (usually pretty poor ones) about 7-0 and 6-2? Which are a lot longer ago than that Cup Final.

Gustavo Fring
27-01-2014, 10:58 AM
How many times do folks on here make 'jokes' (usually pretty poor ones) about 7-0 and 6-2? Which are a lot longer ago than that Cup Final.

how many of us are so-called professional athletes representing our country ?

SaulGoodman
27-01-2014, 10:59 AM

Some of us seem to have our knickers permanently in a twist. I don't how how they manage to sit down. Fans yank their rivals' chain, and when those rivals react, they know they've got them.

Not half as much as the Yams IMO.

And I've never seen Andy Murray say anything about it either for that matter.

DAVE1875
27-01-2014, 11:02 AM

Only ever seen Jim Carrey make a hand gesture reference to one of those scores :wink:

HUTCHYHIBBY

Certainly seems to mention it often enough in her column in the paper. A nice hamstring pull for her the week before the games would do nicely.

The Harp
Did anyone hear Jambo fanatic Eilidh Child on the John Beattie programme on Saturday. She was due to run at an International Athletics meet in Glasgow on Saturday and was hoping to win her race in 51 seconds.She had lined up Skatchel to be there to celebrate with her, giving it the big 5-1 in order to wind up the Hibbys. Glad to say she was not in the first three, beaten by a 'nose' probably. :greengrin

Yeah, heard this on Saturday and found it hard to comprehend a top class athlete having that kind of mindset ... there again she's a Jambo.:jamboclow

HIBERNIAN-0762
27-01-2014, 11:03 AM
Who is Eilidh Child?

:confused:

--------
27-01-2014, 11:03 AM

So?

I've lost count of the number of times some poster comes out with the line "The Yams are all fixated on us - they have no life - they're obsessed with that one result".

Well, every time some story like this comes up, we have a thread four pages long, slagging whoever said whatever off.

Right now, Hibs fans have little to cheer about other than the situation Hearts have got themselves into. Maybe if we put the energy we spend slagging the Jambos off into supporting OUR OWN TEAM?

greenpaper55
27-01-2014, 11:07 AM
Was 51 not the amount in millions their new stand was going to cost, or was it the amount they stiffed the taxman out off ?.

Thecat23
27-01-2014, 11:08 AM
Living up to her surname I see. Silly wee lassie who really should be focusing on the track rather than when the club died.

SaulGoodman
27-01-2014, 11:13 AM
So?

I've lost count of the number of times some poster comes out with the line "The Yams are all fixated on us - they have no life - they're obsessed with that one result".

Well, every time some story like this comes up, we have a thread four pages long, slagging whoever said whatever off.

Right now, Hibs fans have little to cheer about other than the situation Hearts have got themselves into. Maybe if we put the energy we spend slagging the Jambos off into supporting OUR OWN TEAM?

Thought you just said further up the thread that rivals are always yanking each other's chains, is that not what we're doing? Or are we not allowed to do that because we just got beat by Celtic?

There'd be a 4 page thread on sick back if Andy Murray or whatever said the same. That's life

hibbill2002
27-01-2014, 11:20 AM
So?

51 times

H18sry
27-01-2014, 11:23 AM
Mark Donaldson ex Radio Forth sports writer was covering yesterday's game for ESPN America, and posted a picture of him doing the 6 fingers at pitchside and a Hibs board with 15 on it, on his twitter, I asked him if it was not a bit immature and childish for a sports writer to be doing that, 2 minutes later an apology and said pictures withdrawn.

Sprouleflyer
27-01-2014, 11:26 AM
Amazing how a supposedly professional athlete embraces cheating?

Has she been drugs tested lately? :greengrin

Ronniekirk
27-01-2014, 11:26 AM
Remind me which race she was in ? Was it the sack race or egg and spoon .Think if Rudi was up for doing that he needs therapy .its old news , he cannae live off that for the rest of his career,but the fact he keeps sniffing about Georgie is desperate ..And desperate times lead to desperate actions bysome desperate individuals..

Ronniekirk
27-01-2014, 11:29 AM
Mark Donaldson ex Radio Forth sports writer was covering yesterday's game for ESPN America, and posted a picture of him doing the 6 fingers at pitchside and a Hibs board with 15 on it, on his twitter, I asked him if it was not a bit immature and childish for a sports writer to be doing that, 2 minutes later an apology and said pictures withdrawn.

Interesting he obviously realised it questions his impartiality and makes him look like a Fud.

Brightside
27-01-2014, 11:29 AM
She's a clown and looks like she has her head on inside out.

Judas Iscariot
27-01-2014, 11:32 AM
She's a clown and looks like she has her head on inside out.

:faf::top marks

hibbill2002
27-01-2014, 11:33 AM
No really surprised at rudi grooming a child, there's previous at the savile dome

alibucharest
27-01-2014, 11:35 AM
So if she gets beaten into second place by someone who is later proven to be a drug cheat she'll still feel that person deserves the medal and is justified in saying GIRFUY to Eilidh. (and possibly stealing the charity box on the way out the stadium!)

truehibernian
27-01-2014, 11:44 AM
I thought she ran Hurricane Fly pretty close in the end.

Sir David Gray
27-01-2014, 11:55 AM
So?

If we can't slag off a Hearts fan on a Hibs fansite, when they're publicly making jibes about our club, then when can we do it?

Most people realise that it's just typical banter between rival fans and i'm sure Hearts fans would be doing the same on their sites whenever a Hibs fan says or does something against them.

Mikey09
27-01-2014, 12:03 PM
Who is Eilidh Child?

:confused:

Sounds like someone the sex pest Craig Thomson would crack onto.......... :wink:

Mikey09
27-01-2014, 12:10 PM

Thats cos Andy Murray is a top pro and not a pretend one. He also has that bit of class and is focused on being the best he can. This yam Child could take a leaf out Andy's book and at the very least try and act professional........ But I doubt it as she has that yam gene...... Prat.

HibbySpurs
27-01-2014, 12:19 PM
So?

:top marks:aok:

However with off the wall statements as above you may find yourself accused ay yammishness:greengrin

edinburghhibee
27-01-2014, 12:23 PM
I think she's quite tidy to be honest. (Duck!)

SMAXXA
27-01-2014, 12:23 PM
Who removed my post ? In the words of Moe Szyslak from the Simpsons "you little puss faced pukebag" :wink:

Reason was OTT, come on av seen a lot worse let go. Feel free to delete this aswell if it doesn't comply with your censor rules.

Spike Mandela
27-01-2014, 12:28 PM
If this becomes a five pager then she has succeeded in winding us up. Ignore it and get this thread off front page.:cb

marinello59
27-01-2014, 12:29 PM
Who removed my post ? In the words of Moe Szyslak from the Simpsons "you little puss faced pukebag" :wink:

Reason was OTT, come on av seen a lot worse let go. Feel free to delete this aswell if it doesn't comply with your censor rules.

I deleted it and if anything like that is brought to the attention of Admin it would also be deleted. We have always stated that we try to keep the place family friendly.

clerriehibs
27-01-2014, 12:30 PM
jambitch.

As clueless as the rest of them about what's really important.

May your medal hopes die with your club, you pathetic creature.

Brightside
27-01-2014, 12:31 PM
I thought she ran Hurricane Fly pretty close in the end.

The Fly has too much class to be in a race against that old nag.

BH Hibs
27-01-2014, 12:32 PM
Well if it's a reaction she's looking for then GIRFUY ya wee jambo boot :giruy::lolyam:

SMAXXA
27-01-2014, 12:33 PM
You won't silence me with your dictatorship I will fight to the end with freedom of posts, the fight against the establishment has begun..........

How many warnings do you get before you get launched :greengrin

3pm
27-01-2014, 12:35 PM

Stopped following him ages ago. Idiot.

Hibby D
27-01-2014, 12:42 PM
Certainly seems to mention it often enough in her column in the paper. A nice hamstring pull for her the week before the games would do nicely.

Dearie me

Well if it's a reaction she's looking for then GIRFUY ya wee jambo boot :giruy::lolyam:

jambitch.

As clueless as the rest of them about what's really important.

May your medal hopes die with your club, you pathetic creature.

If we can't slag off a Hearts fan on a Hibs fansite, when they're publicly making jibes about our club, then when can we do it?

Most people realise that it's just typical banter between rival fans and i'm sure Hearts fans would be doing the same on their sites whenever a Hibs fan says or does something against them.

Typical banter? See above - if that's typical banter I don't want to be a part of that or this site :rolleyes:

CraigHibee
27-01-2014, 12:45 PM

the jambos are trying to cling onto anything they can, they are like wounded animals about to die

Shrekko
27-01-2014, 12:47 PM
Great result for the girl- didn't win the race but still got the reaction she was hoping for!

I'm a bit surprised that the Jambos still think this cures everything and don't see the correlation between the final and the worry they now have about staying in existence, but.... when you see how upset a lot of Hibees still seem to get, it's hardly surprising.

SMAXXA
27-01-2014, 12:47 PM
Dearie me

Typical banter? See above - if that's typical banter I don't want to be a part of that or this site :rolleyes:

To be fair it's the nature of a forum that people will have different tolerance levels so if it's something you don't take kindly to I'd just ignore it. I've not seen anything on this thread that I've not seen before on a number of occasions and not only on this site but other clubs sites.

imo it's simple if you don't like a comment or conversation there's plenty other threads so just best ignored.

unless it's really bad contents which is very exceptional imo

Bostonhibby
27-01-2014, 12:48 PM
You won't silence me with your dictatorship I will fight to the end with freedom of posts, the fight against the establishment has begun..........

:agree: FREEDOM! Mel Gibson didn't give up so much in his fight for our freedom for it all to end up like this.:greengrin

If some munter chooses to fire one across our bows she becomes fair game for a few rocks to be thrown back :greengrin

Mikey09
27-01-2014, 12:51 PM
So?

To to be honest Doddie I think we all realise fans will try and have a wee dig at each other whilst tryin to get one over on there rival but I for one expect better from pro's as it's a bit cringeworthy. But I agree we should focus on our own team as lets be brutally honest, we are not that far off a play off spot!!!!

marinello59
27-01-2014, 12:53 PM

Ok comrade. :greengrin

WeAreHibs
27-01-2014, 12:55 PM
I was in the Marriott in Corstorphine on Friday night and had had a few. As we were leaving, my mate, who's a ST holding Yam, got wood when he say Satchel sitting there with his bird. He couldn't hold his excitement shaking his hand calling him a legend. Me, I put my hand out and pulled it back it the Lovejoy fashion and called him a "w***er".

Couldnt sleep after as I felt terrible, wished I'd made contact with his massive conk!!

Gustavo Fring
27-01-2014, 12:58 PM
:agree: FREEDOM! Mel Gibson didn't give up so much in his fight for our freedom for it all to end up like this.:greengrin

If some munter chooses to fire one across our bows she becomes fair game for a few rocks to be thrown back :greengrin

spot on :top marks

SMAXXA
27-01-2014, 12:59 PM

You sir have spoken like the true warrior poet you are, I hope you've cleaned your arse today as it's about to be kissed by an admin :greengrin

Bostonhibby
27-01-2014, 01:02 PM
You sir have spoken like the true warrior poet you are, I hope you've cleaned your arse today as it's about to be kissed by an admin :greengrin

Ach, it all started as a bit of fun but now you have mentioned the above I am going to have to bow out as they will undoubtedly spot my Skacel tattoo when the kissing out ceremony begins :greengrin

Twa Cairpets
27-01-2014, 01:03 PM

No problem with slagging them off - that is banter, but the stuff on here is puerile. Slagging her off on the basis of her looks, or whatever is just utterly class-free. Personally, if she had done what she apparently intended to do then fair play - not missing an opportunity to take a rise out of your opponents is fine by me. You suck it up and you give it back. Who cares if she's a professional athlete? She's still a jambo, and has every right to do their wee sign if it makes her happy. Doesn't bother me one jot, that game is an irrelevance to me now. If it had been the other way round we would be backing her up completely.

There's plenty of ammunition to have a go at them with, and we should all do so at every opportunity, but some of the posters on this thread seriously need to get a grip and get over themselves. The faux outrage is worthy of the Daily Mail.

GreenLake
27-01-2014, 01:33 PM

She should donate £51,000 of her sponsorship money to Lithuanian charities for those who lost their savings in the Hearts embezzlement of UKIO and UBIG deposits.

What a knucking fob. ESPN didn't even have the US broadcasting rights (Fox Soccer Plus showed the game) so his covering of the game was hardly of any importance. ESPN is a dead channel for soccer in the US having been marginalized by beIN Sports and even Al Jazeera Sport. Working in such a lame duck situation probably results in boredom and loss of self worth which might explain his unprofessional actions at the Hibs game. I wonder if ESPN approve of him supporting a financial doping, depositor cheating, charity thieving football club in administration.

BH Hibs
27-01-2014, 01:49 PM
Dearie me

Is me calling her a jambo boot really that offensive? If it is. I apologise and any admin can feel free to delete my post.

hibbill2002
27-01-2014, 01:54 PM
Is me calling her a jambo boot really that offensive? If it is. I apologise and any admin can feel free to delete my post.
Too many "offended easy" people on here mate, I widnae worry about it.

cabbageandribs1875
27-01-2014, 02:00 PM
She should donate £51,000 of her sponsorship money to Lithuanian charities for those who lost their savings in the Hearts embezzlement of UKIO and UBIG deposits.

not a bad shout, Hertz fans seem to be quite blinkered to the individuals/companies that have lost a considerable amount of money, losses due to the cheating thieving ways of that horrible club

Twa Cairpets
27-01-2014, 02:03 PM
Too many "offended easy" people on here mate, I widnae worry about it.

Irony is a bit lost on you isn't it?

Pete
27-01-2014, 02:07 PM
She's playing a dangerous game.

That gesture says to me "I condone cheating". Doesn't athletics have a bad enough reputation as it is?

hibsmad
27-01-2014, 02:07 PM

No I wouldn't say so. Although I am surprised at how offended some people have been to a lot of the replies in this thread.

She made plans to take the piss out of us but failed miserably. We are now laughing at her.

Some posters also pointing out that she is not the prettiest seems fair enough to me. The fact that she now has a three (and counting) page thread does not prove that she has wound us up. She has a multi page thread because she made a complete mess of it when trying to take the piss out of us!

Twa Cairpets
27-01-2014, 02:19 PM
No I wouldn't say so. Although I am surprised at how offended some people have been to a lot of the replies in this thread.

She made plans to take the piss out of us but failed miserably. We are now laughing at her.

Some posters also pointing out that she is not the prettiest seems fair enough to me. The fact that she now has a three (and counting) page thread does not prove that she has wound us up. She has a multi page thread because she made a complete mess of it when trying to take the piss out of us!

Why?

Gustavo Fring
27-01-2014, 02:21 PM
Why?

why not ??

Brightside
27-01-2014, 02:21 PM
Why?

Because she looks like a Jambo? :duck:

hibsmad
27-01-2014, 02:31 PM
Why?

Because I don't consider it going over the top. She brought it on herself by publicly trying to wind us all up in the first place.

If someone tries to take the piss out of/wind up thousands of football fans then I don't think they should be surprised if one or two turn round and point out that she's a bit plug.

Saorsa
27-01-2014, 02:36 PM
Because I don't consider it going over the top. She brought it on herself by publicly trying to wind us all up in the first place.

If someone tries to take the piss out of/wind up thousands of football fans then I don't think they should be surprised if one or two turn round and point out that she's a bit plug.A bit? Looks like her face has been on fire and somebody tried tae put it out using a golf shoe.

SMAXXA
27-01-2014, 02:40 PM
Why?

Why you got such a bee in your bonnet about this, you in her fan club ? :wink:

givescotlandfreedom
27-01-2014, 02:42 PM
Another jambo loser - the one and only to time her name will be in the media without trawling for also rans

hibbill2002
27-01-2014, 02:46 PM
Irony is a bit lost on you isn't it?
Naw but it is on you, it would seem:aok:

Pete
27-01-2014, 02:47 PM

Hibs fans have little to cheer about? I put my energy and cash into supporting them every fortnight and I have to say I totally disagree.

SMAXXA
27-01-2014, 02:49 PM
Hibs fans have little to cheer about? I put my energy and cash into supporting them every fortnight and I have to say I totally disagree.

Plus I'll be honest with you it takes nae energy of mine to slag anything Hearts related what so ever, not a drop

trev the hat
27-01-2014, 02:53 PM
I watched this race on TV & she was keech, blowin through her chorus the last 50 yards, she's been watching Jamie Hamill in full flow :-)

Jay
27-01-2014, 02:58 PM
I think it's time to close the thread