PDA

View Full Version : What type of player should we sign?

The Sea-gull
27-01-2014, 08:15 AM
Seems as though there will be some movement in and out but probably not wholesale like the winter window of 2012. We don't want it to be like that anyway as we ended up with a load of dross and things are nowhere near as desparate as they were then.

I definitely think that we need to do something. Managers say it is a difficult window and there is not a lot of real value to be had. I don't want Terry to go wasting budget that could be kept for the summer and I don't think he will. I do feel we need a bit of freshening though and judging by his comments, he does too.

While getting to the top 6 is not the be all and end all and I would prefer another cup run if I had to choose, it would be decent for us to get there for financial reasons and to lift the profile of the club. A fourth year in a row in the bottom 6 doesn not sound good.

So, while I wouldn't want us to go mad throwing money at it, I definitley think a few new players would lift the place a bit. Even if we can get a couple in with a longer term view and maybe a couple of loanees. Would be good to see a centre half, a midfielder, a winger and a striker arrive before the end of the week.

The reason I say centre half is with McPake out, we only really have three and we could do with four on the books. Looks like Nelson and Hanlon are the only pairing that work as when one is out, the other struggles to play with Forster. Forster has done well at right back and would like to get someone in so he can play the rest of the season out there.

J-C
27-01-2014, 09:13 AM
Simple, ****ing good ones :greengrin

Brightside
27-01-2014, 09:40 AM
Simple, ****ing good ones :greengrin

Strong, athletic LB and RB. A menace for deep CM (though i'd happily let Taiwo have that role). Wingers. attacking cm.

Longer term - i'd like.. (with cover)

Williams

Forster Nelson Hanlon LB

Taiwo
RW Stanton Craig Harris

Collins

Cummings
Lewis
Gold
Murdoch