PDA

View Full Version : Taiwo and Thomson (Still Here), Clancy and Vine (Out)....

Iceman1875
26-01-2014, 10:15 PM
Talk of the above four being allowed to leave two weeks ago. With no new faces yet and with TT playing today and playing well, vine and the beard on the bench and our current poor defensive cover, does anyone feel that these guys could play a part in the last four months of the season or are their days numbered?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SMAXXA
26-01-2014, 10:20 PM
Talk of the above four being allowed to leave two weeks ago. With no new faces yet and with TT playing today and playing well, vine and the beard on the bench and our current poor defensive cover, does anyone feel that these guys could play a part in the last four months of the season or are their days numbered?

Clancy and Vine more likely to go other 2 more likely to stay and see it out. Have a sneaky all 4 will be staying unless hibs pay up their contracts.

Hermit Crab
26-01-2014, 10:23 PM
To be fair taiwo gave his all today. Every week would be nice though.

Saorsa
26-01-2014, 10:23 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkTT played well today, a player I like but I think the decision tae move is his, still think given the chance he'll do a job for us when he gets the chance. I think KT might have been what we needed today but there are other stories surrounding him (and i ken nothing one way or another), I'm sure TB will though. As for the other two, nae loss IMO

Elephant Stone
26-01-2014, 10:25 PM

Taiwo gives 100% every time he's picked. If there are issues with him as a player it's definitely not effort.

EskbankHibee
26-01-2014, 10:26 PM
As I've already said on another thread - releasing KT is ludicrous

Hermit Crab
26-01-2014, 10:26 PM

No it isn't.

Jonnyboy
26-01-2014, 10:27 PM

Change the record

SMAXXA
26-01-2014, 10:32 PM

Contrary to what Inch Hibs says a severance was offered but turned down.

Bronson
Taiwo played himself back into contention today, was very impressed and I feel he offers far more than the likes of OTJ.

Would love to see KT stay but it's not going to happen, some serious issues with him and Butcher and I know who's side I'm on.

Vine and Clancy can leave whenever, won't be missed.

hibee_girl

TT gives his all every time he plays, I'd keep him over KT

Northernhibee
26-01-2014, 10:37 PM
:tub4:

Winston Ingram
26-01-2014, 10:38 PM

Absolutely. Couldn't agree more:agree:

EskbankHibee
26-01-2014, 10:38 PM
Change the record

It's a thread about KT

Gordy M
26-01-2014, 10:39 PM
Taiwo played himself back into contention today, was very impressed and I feel he offers far more than the likes of OTJ.

Would love to see KT stay but it's not going to happen, some serious issues with him and Butcher and I know who's side I'm on.

Vine and Clancy can leave whenever, won't be missed.

I think it is Taiwo himself wants to move back down south.

Jonnyboy
26-01-2014, 10:44 PM
It's a thread about KT

I know but bleating on about him staying is pointless

greenlex
26-01-2014, 10:51 PM
Harsh in the extreme. One thing that can and never could be levelled at TT is effort.

Inch Hibs
26-01-2014, 10:53 PM
Taiwo really really impressed me today. Complete pro for the way his situation has been handled and I wish him all the best if he leaves.

Thomson will be released by the end of the week. Both parties are now working towards an agreement. He won't play for Hibs again. He won't be staying in Scotland.

oconnors_strip
26-01-2014, 10:56 PM
I was told that KT is injured aswell so that's another reason to why he isn't involved, especially when we are needing players.

SMAXXA
26-01-2014, 10:57 PM
Taiwo really really impressed me today. Complete pro for the way his situation has been handled and I wish him all the best if he leaves.

Thomson will be released by the end of the week. Both parties are now working towards an agreement. He won't play for Hibs again. He won't be staying in Scotland.

Thats no what he said today

Saorsa
26-01-2014, 10:58 PM
Harsh in the extreme. One thing that can and never could be levelled at TT is effort.:agree: Agree with this, whatever he may or not do I find it unbelievable that anybody could level that accusation against him. Personally I think he offers a bit more than hard work but tae suggest he disnae even off that all of the time I find ridiculous.

SMAXXA
26-01-2014, 10:58 PM
I was told that KT is injured aswell so that's another reason to why he isn't involved, especially when we are needing players.

He is mate, similar situation to Hanlon, could play at a push but doesn't want to risk further injury, will be back training next week.

Ronniekirk
26-01-2014, 11:00 PM
I know but bleating on about him staying is pointless

Agree if he isn't making the bench today then can't see anyway back for KT even if he digs his heels in and stays to see out contract .At his age and injury prone history he needs to be playing so he would be crazy to stay Bit of Poker going on but I fully expect him to go in this window.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-01-2014, 11:44 PM
Thats no what he said today

What did he say mate?

Centre Hawf
27-01-2014, 04:11 AM
We've seen the last of Kevin Thomson in a Hibs Jersey. Not even bothered, feel he's so over rated by some folk its unbelievable.

Scooter
27-01-2014, 06:18 AM
KT will not play again under TB. Unless he apologises and changes the way he plays. Which he's made clear he won't do

Iceman1875
27-01-2014, 08:23 AM
I'd keep TT and KT and let Tim and vine go. While they are leaving, for me Paul cairney can leave too.... I know others rate him but he's not for me. Would like to see a right back and a 'number 10' striker signed before the end of the week.

Weir7
27-01-2014, 08:29 AM
KT will not play again under TB. Unless he apologises and changes the way he plays. Which he's made clear he won't do
So why has he played twice since being told he can go?

Next he'll be getting lines and detention.

Weir7
27-01-2014, 08:29 AM
No it isn't.

Oh yes it is

Weir7
27-01-2014, 08:30 AM
Clancy and Vine more likely to go other 2 more likely to stay and see it out. Have a sneaky all 4 will be staying unless hibs pay up their contracts.

Clancy has gone

The Sea-gull
27-01-2014, 08:32 AM
Obviously none of them will leave unless they are made a suitable offer by another club or made a decent pay off offer by Hibs. Unless the desparation to get playing kicks in and they want to take their chances as free agents.

As ever, the this sort of thing is often doen last minute in the window as the club don't want to release the players in case an offer comes in for them - even if it is a nominal few grand it is better than nowt. Also, clubs don't want other clubs/players to be aware that their is space in the budget if they are doing other deals. The players know they will get the best pay off from the club by sitting it out till the last minute.

Based purely on my own hunch and no ITK information, I see Clancy, KT and Vine being paid off. I don't think Taiwo will be forced out the door unless he is desparate to go and/or a reasonable offer is made for him.

Billy Whizz
27-01-2014, 08:35 AM
Clancy has gone

Gone where

itslegaltender
27-01-2014, 08:37 AM
I think Thomson could have made a great sweeper. We should have progressed this and let him go at end of season if it didnt work out. Letting a player like him go without replacing him is extremely short sighted. Butcher may be writing off this season, we havent.

Unseen work
27-01-2014, 08:37 AM
I really hope Thomson and butcher settle their differences and get him in the side

patch1875
27-01-2014, 08:41 AM
Clancy has gone

think you could be right, heard his family move back to ireland next week.

Iceman1875
27-01-2014, 08:47 AM
Clancy has gone

Has he? Was there yesterday.

Iceman1875
27-01-2014, 08:50 AM
I think Thomson could have made a great sweeper. We should have progressed this and let him go at end of season if it didnt work out. Letting a player like him go without replacing him is extremely short sighted. Butcher may be writing off this season, we havent.

Like this idea 😊

MB62
27-01-2014, 08:52 AM
Still think it would have been worth giving TT a go at right back. Young Forster has done well there and Maybury hardly ever let's us down (except from giving away stupid penalties) but I reckon is good enough to have been given a chance in that position.
Of course, he maybe has been given the chance in training matches and been found out :dunno:

inglisavhibs
27-01-2014, 01:59 PM
Still think it would have been worth giving TT a go at right back. Young Forster has done well there and Maybury hardly ever let's us down (except from giving away stupid penalties) but I reckon is good enough to have been given a chance in that position.
Of course, he maybe has been given the chance in training matches and been found out :dunno:
His lack of pace may be a problem at full back.

Ronniekirk
27-01-2014, 02:01 PM

He has got a sick note till the end of the season

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-01-2014, 02:06 PM
TT keep, KT keep(wont happen though), Vine GTF Clancy GTF.

Weir7
27-01-2014, 02:16 PM

He was at game but he's no longer a Hibs player

frazeHFC
27-01-2014, 02:21 PM
Taiwo pissed all over Craig in terms of yesterdays performance, will be interesting to see whether or not he stays in the team the next few games.

jacomo
27-01-2014, 02:54 PM

We haven't played a system that has any kind of sweeper-type role for over a decade though?

Marty-Hibee
27-01-2014, 03:15 PM
We haven't played a system that has any kind of sweeper-type role for over a decade though?

We did once, the 3-3 game with the huns at Easter Road with Boozy sweeping. Admittedly he got sent off (for nothing if I remember rightly?) but up until then he was quality and was showing signs of Franck. I suppose losing 3 goals isn't great evidence of this point! But I'm sure there'll be a few who agree with me.

On the original point, TT would stay in my squad all day long and I'd imagine Butcher feels similar, but maybe he can't be promised a start every week and wants to head somewhere where that's offered.

I'd keep KT as well as I genuinely think he's a cut above, but as mentioned, that's looking like a slim to none chance.

The other two won't be missed, but go with my best wishes

Jones28
27-01-2014, 04:18 PM
Really think Taiwo deserves more time, not to prove himself to fans but to the new management.

Given Tel "food for thought" - today's evening news

Jones28
27-01-2014, 04:19 PM
We did once, the 3-3 game with the huns at Easter Road with Boozy sweeping. Admittedly he got sent off (for nothing if I remember rightly?) but up until then he was quality and was showing signs of Franck. I suppose losing 3 goals isn't great evidence of this point! But I'm sure there'll be a few who agree with me.

On the original point, TT would stay in my squad all day long and I'd imagine Butcher feels similar, but maybe he can't be promised a start every week and wants to head somewhere where that's offered.

I'd keep KT as well as I genuinely think he's a cut above, but as mentioned, that's looking like a slim to none chance.

The other two won't be missed, but go with my best wishes

Remember that game well, boozy was sent off for a last man challenge on ricksen I think?

JimBHibees
27-01-2014, 04:22 PM
Remember that game well, boozy was sent off for a last man challenge on ricksen I think?

Pretty sure it was Boyd, from what I remember Boozy shoulder charged the fat one who fell over. Red card, appealed and the arrogant ref decided he was right all along. :greengrin

Stringer
27-01-2014, 06:00 PM
Would keep TT, he has to play with someone in front of him though.

patch1875
29-01-2014, 04:11 PM
Tim Clancy moved out his house today removal van was from Northern Ireland

BOB MARLEYS DUG
29-01-2014, 04:24 PM

Good stuff, cheeeeeriooooo!

SMAXXA
29-01-2014, 04:28 PM

That one was just for his physio equipment mate, another van coming for his gear

jimmyboco1875
29-01-2014, 04:30 PM
That one was just for his physio equipment mate, another van coming for his gear

Haha good one :-)

Sergey
29-01-2014, 04:32 PM

So rather than the usual :taxi for Clancy, it's now a pantechnicon for Clancy :greengrin

Kato
29-01-2014, 04:42 PM
So rather than the usual :taxi for Clancy, it's now a pantechnicon for Clancy :greengrin

Needs a new smiley.

Hope he doesn't dilly-dally on the way.

Borderhibbie76
29-01-2014, 05:12 PM
Clancy will surely need an air ambulance to get over the irish sea no :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

RickyS
29-01-2014, 05:14 PM

:greengrin

truehibernian
29-01-2014, 05:22 PM

Liked that 😀 his groins wrapped in ice packs of course and delivered by chinook separately.

Borderhibbie76
29-01-2014, 05:24 PM
Hope the NHS in nth ire is upto the task ahead :)

Sprouleflyer
29-01-2014, 06:17 PM
Pretty sure it was Boyd, from what I remember Boozy shoulder charged the fat one who fell over. Red card, appealed and the arrogant ref decided he was right all along. :greengrin

Correct, it was Boyd and from what I can remember, Boyd tried to shoulder charge boozy and bounced off him and fell over.

Now? was Craig Thompson in charge for that game?

Seveno
29-01-2014, 06:25 PM
There are some pretty sad comments on here considering this may be a guy who has has to give up football and is now unemployed.

Hibs class ?

SMAXXA
29-01-2014, 06:48 PM
There are some pretty sad comments on here considering this may be a guy who has has to give up football and is now unemployed.

Hibs class ?

Hes took his pay off and will resume playing so career ain't over by a long stretch. He's quick to slate others including our players and management team so no sleep lost from me.

SunshineOnLeith
29-01-2014, 06:54 PM
I almost hit Rowan Vine with my car this morning as he listlessly meandered across Howe St. Beard status: bushy and unkempt.

greenlex
29-01-2014, 06:59 PM

Hibs class ?
Will you have the same attitude when he us suing Hibs for neglect or whatever sometime down the line?

LaMotta
29-01-2014, 07:01 PM
Taiwo pissed all over Craig in terms of yesterdays performance, will be interesting to see whether or not he stays in the team the next few games.

Im hearing Gary Locke has shown an interest in Taiwo after Sunday :greengrin

GreenArmyyy!
29-01-2014, 07:32 PM

Hibs class ?

Agree completely, Clancy was always a decent player when injury free and never gave any less than 100% for us. Good luck.

DanTheMan
29-01-2014, 07:41 PM
I almost hit Rowan Vine with my car this morning as he listlessly meandered across Howe St. Beard status: bushy and unkempt.

Just back from playing pool at the New Yorker Vine and Tawio were playing on the table next to us.

Hibbyradge
29-01-2014, 07:45 PM
Will you have the same attitude when he us suing Hibs for neglect or whatever sometime down the line?

Relax, A.

Hibs won't get sued.

The physio will have had Professional Indemnity Insurance which covers mis-diagnosis etc..

down-the-slope
30-01-2014, 08:34 AM
I see Vine played 33 mins and was then subbed as over aged player in U20'S Match at Murray Park Tuesday - looks like he is being kept 'fit/sharp' in case we need him :rolleyes:

flash
30-01-2014, 08:36 AM
Agree completely, Clancy was always a decent player when injury free and never gave any less than 100% for us. Good luck.

He was murder.

oconnors_strip
30-01-2014, 08:39 AM
I see Vine played 33 mins and was then subbed as over aged player in U20'S Match at Murray Park Tuesday - looks like he is being kept 'fit/sharp' in case we need him :rolleyes:

Well he got a knock so won't be fit any longer, don't know what happened though as never seen him go down injured during the game

Ronniekirk
30-01-2014, 08:49 AM
Well he got a knock so won't be fit any longer, don't know what happened though as never seen him go down injured during the game

He hasn't played for so long so hardly surprising he pulled up. the thought of him continuing to take a wage till the summer is bordering on Fraudulent .Really can't see anyone wanting him.If Her7s can get a business man to pay Rudi s wages (theoretically of course coz they can't sign him ) then we should get someone to help fund a severance package for this numpty.

Hibbyradge
30-01-2014, 08:53 AM
He hasn't played for so long so hardly surprising he pulled up. the thought of him continuing to take a wage till the summer is bordering on Fraudulent .

Well, go straight and stop thinking of it.

GreenArmyyy!
30-01-2014, 09:04 AM
He was murder.

When exactly was he 'murder'?

blackpoolhibs
30-01-2014, 09:13 AM
Vine and Kuqi, has a hibs manager signed 2 more hopeless players than these?

From Memory Scott and Fyffe would be the equivalent. :boo hoo:

Hibbyradge
30-01-2014, 09:14 AM

Makalamby and Konte.

blackpoolhibs
30-01-2014, 09:15 AM
Makalamby and Konte.

Konte was a legend, he single handedly got us into Europe. :wink:

greenlex
30-01-2014, 09:47 AM
He was murder.
Harsh. We were always a better team when he played. It was getting him playing that's been the problem.

flash
30-01-2014, 10:14 AM
Harsh. We were always a better team when he played. It was getting him playing that's been the problem.

Maybe it was due to injuries but he was murder alright.
Forster already looks a better prospect.

TrinityHibs
30-01-2014, 10:41 AM

Two words Pa Kujabi

lapsedhibee
30-01-2014, 12:44 PM
Correct, it was Boyd and from what I can remember, Boyd tried to shoulder charge boozy and bounced off him and fell over.

:agree: Even by hun ref standards it was a shockeroonie of a decision.

Seveno
30-01-2014, 12:50 PM

If his career was ended due to a mis-diagnosis by an incompetent physio, of course I would sympathise with him. Wouldn't you ?

superfurryhibby
30-01-2014, 12:59 PM

Semantics but what constitutes a sweeper?

To my mind we play two central defenders, often up against one central striker. Surely one marks and the other picks up the crumbs, hence they are the sweeper.

In the 3-5-2 formation used by McLeish to accomodate Sauzee's genius it was obvious that he was the spare man at the back.

Where I'm even more confused is when a team plays two central strikers and we have two central defenders, how does that work, it becomes man to man marking then?

jacomo
30-01-2014, 04:14 PM
Semantics but what constitutes a sweeper?

To my mind we play two central defenders, often up against one central striker. Surely one marks and the other picks up the crumbs, hence they are the sweeper.

In the 3-5-2 formation used by McLeish to accomodate Sauzee's genius it was obvious that he was the spare man at the back.

Where I'm even more confused is when a team plays two central strikers and we have two central defenders, how does that work, it becomes man to man marking then?

2 centre backs has been the orthodoxy for a while, although interesting that more teams in the EPL and elsewhere are playing with a back three. To my mind a sweeper is not one of your two centre backs - these two are needed in open play and at set pieces to mark the most dangerous opponents from the other team. They must have the mindset to attack the ball when necessary.

I just can't see Katie playing in a back four.

Hibby86
30-01-2014, 06:22 PM
Vine close to agreeing a deal with Morton according to stv

Iggy Pope
30-01-2014, 06:35 PM

Joe Ward and Bobby Hutchison old boy?

DAVE1875
30-01-2014, 07:29 PM
Is the Vine deal a full transfer or just a loan?

Heisenberg
30-01-2014, 07:30 PM
Is the Vine deal a full transfer or just a loan?

Stv saying loan.

Inch Hibs
30-01-2014, 07:33 PM
Thomson will be released tomorrow. Dundee are wanting him.

blackpoolhibs
30-01-2014, 07:46 PM
Joe Ward and Bobby Hutchison old boy?

I didnt mind Bobby Hutchinson, he at least tried. :greengrin

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-01-2014, 07:46 PM

Hes far too good for the Championship!!!

Northernhibee
30-01-2014, 09:47 PM

I don't know, I was happy to see him return and didn't hold a grudge in relation to his comments, but if it's true that he's not prepared to change his style of play or apologise to Butcher then quite frankly that's two managers he's fallen out with and I'd consider him a troublemaker we'd be well rid of.

Speedway
30-01-2014, 09:50 PM

Lindsay and Hyland?

Viva_Palmeiras
30-01-2014, 10:14 PM
Jonatan Johansson
Darryl Duffy
Alan Gow

did we really sign them?! JJ was a real enigma.

jacomo
30-01-2014, 10:33 PM
Jonatan Johansson
Darryl Duffy
Alan Gow

did we really sign them?! JJ was a real enigma.

He was a real flop for us unfortunately, probably a big factor in Mixu losing his job.

Ronniekirk
30-01-2014, 10:50 PM

Tend to agree ,but is he really prepared to waste the next three months not playing football .Maybe it's Dundee United as There was a rumour a few weeks ago about .

SMAXXA
30-01-2014, 10:56 PM

No he won't :wink:

3pm
30-01-2014, 10:57 PM
No he won't :wink:

Cos he's been released already?

SMAXXA
30-01-2014, 11:07 PM
Cos he's been released already?

Na mate he's still here back in training this week, he is keeping his options open though and didn't want to play through his injury at this time of year for obvious reasons.

down-the-slope
30-01-2014, 11:09 PM

Don't believe that for a minute - he might goto another SPFL (or English Championship) team but dropping another league :rolleyes:

Brightside
30-01-2014, 11:09 PM
Clancy has gone. Off home to Belfast.

Still hope Taiwo stays.

Ronniekirk
30-01-2014, 11:51 PM
Clancy has gone. Off home to Belfast.

Still hope Taiwo stays.

TB said after his performance against Celtic that he had given him food for thought so he might well be the one that stays.

HibeeMG
31-01-2014, 04:11 AM
When exactly was he 'murder'?

I know the whole team were shocking but for his first half performance (he didn't get much better for the rest of the match too) against Falkirk in last year's Semi Final, Clancy should've been sacked for gross misconduct!

It was that bad.

Pete
31-01-2014, 04:55 AM
If his career was ended due to a mis-diagnosis by an incompetent physio, of course I would sympathise with him. Wouldn't you ?

I agree with you when you say there are silly comments about Clancy. He was a good defender who has been plagued by injury who wasn't half as bad as some are making out?

I have to totally disagree with your quoted post though. How on earth can a career by ended by a misdiagnosis from a physiotherapist? At the end of the day it's his body and he knows it's limits.

The buck stops at the individual.

Pete
31-01-2014, 05:00 AM
I know the whole team were shocking but for his first half performance (he didn't get much better for the rest of the match too) against Falkirk in last year's Semi Final, Clancy should've been sacked for gross misconduct!

It was that bad.

Are you getting your Clancey's and Cairney's mixed up? :greengrin

BSEJVT
31-01-2014, 08:32 AM
In general terms I didn't think Clancy was that bad when fit.

However he was absolutely honking in that Semi Final and unlike most of his teammates didn't improve in the second half either!

Brightside
31-01-2014, 10:46 AM
TB said after his performance against Celtic that he had given him food for thought so he might well be the one that stays.

Yep -

"MIDFIELDER Tom Taiwo may yet stay at Hibernian despite being told he could leave the club earlier this month, according to manager Terry Butcher.

Taiwo made his first appearance under Butcher in the 4-0 loss to Celtic on Sunday. Butcher said: “He came out the deep freeze, was defrosted quickly and I thought his attitude was excellent.

“I was very pleased with him and it gives me food for thought.”

Brightside
31-01-2014, 10:47 AM
I agree with you when you say there are silly comments about Clancy. He was a good defender who has been plagued by injury who wasn't half as bad as some are making out?

I have to totally disagree with your quoted post though. How on earth can a career by ended by a misdiagnosis from a physiotherapist? At the end of the day it's his body and he knows it's limits.

The buck stops at the individual.

He was slagging off Hibs long ball football on twitter yesterday.

DAVE1875
31-01-2014, 12:25 PM
Vine's loan deal at Morton has reportedly fallen through

Andy74
31-01-2014, 01:24 PM
You'd think Cairney could be on the out list too if we could get interest?

Billy Whizz
31-01-2014, 01:27 PM
You'd think Cairney could be on the out list too if we could get interest?

The Patrick thistle website said they were expecting a busy day, rumours they were interested in him

BOB MARLEYS DUG
31-01-2014, 01:27 PM
The Patrick thistle website said they were expecting a busy day, rumours they were interested in him

:agree:

truehibernian
31-01-2014, 01:43 PM

Sums up the boy - absolutely no class and comes across as nothing more than a village idiot :agree: very immature, well rid of him.

GordonHFC
31-01-2014, 01:54 PM

How on earth does he know what type of football we play ?

hibees 7062
31-01-2014, 01:54 PM

They just signed Buaben and Moncur

Sas_The_Hibby
31-01-2014, 02:01 PM
Yep -

"MIDFIELDER Tom Taiwo may yet stay at Hibernian despite being told he could leave the club earlier this month, according to manager Terry Butcher.

Taiwo made his first appearance under Butcher in the 4-0 loss to Celtic on Sunday. Butcher said: “He came out the deep freeze, was defrosted quickly and I thought his attitude was excellent.

“I was very pleased with him and it gives me food for thought.”

Is this why we've been eaten in the last three games? :greengrin

HappyHibby93
31-01-2014, 02:10 PM
Is this why we've been eaten in the last three games? :greengrin

:taxi

greenpaper55
31-01-2014, 03:39 PM
On the BBC that Clancy has gone by mutual consent.

TheFamous1875
31-01-2014, 03:41 PM
On the BBC that Clancy has gone by mutual consent.

Good. Boy really isn't the type we want at ER.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

exHIBition
31-01-2014, 05:23 PM

People post on here about wanting entertaining football and how sick and tired they are of Hibs humping it long all the time.

exHIBition
31-01-2014, 05:36 PM
Sums up the boy - absolutely no class and comes across as nothing more than a village idiot :agree: very immature, well rid of him.

To put it in context....somebody could not believe that Killie signed Eremenko as he is the kind of player Hibs are crying our for and Clancy replied that there is no use having him in your team if you punt it over his head all day.

SMAXXA
31-01-2014, 05:39 PM

100% staying till the summer! did you just make this released comment up :wink:

exHIBition
31-01-2014, 05:45 PM

It was that bad.

If only you knew what happened in the dressing room at h/t....you may just excuse that shocking first half display from him. Pat Fenlon did not give the team talk that inspired the comeback......:wink:

Hibs are better off that he is now gone, there is no doubting that....no point having a player on your books who is not able to play and may never play again.

Pete
31-01-2014, 05:49 PM
The players who complain about Terrys style of football are either too slow or too lazy to fit into it. They can come back and complain when Arsenal or Barcelona want their signature.

If you don't like it then exit stage left please.

BSEJVT
31-01-2014, 09:48 PM
If only you knew what happened in the dressing room at h/t....you may just excuse that shocking first half display from him. Pat Fenlon did not give the team talk that inspired the comeback......:wink:

Hibs are better off that he is now gone, there is no doubting that....no point having a player on your books who is not able to play and may never play again.

I would love to know what did happen?

SMAXXA
31-01-2014, 09:52 PM
I would love to know what did happen?

Involved Thomo going mental at cairney and McPake losing it aswell! Fenlon didn't have much to say after those guys went through the players as enough had been said.

Billy Whizz
31-01-2014, 09:57 PM
Involved Thomo going mental at cairney and McPake losing it aswell! Fenlon didn't have much to say after those guys went through the players as enough had been said.

And a number of tea cups went flying

Alfred E Newman
31-01-2014, 10:00 PM
Konte was a legend, he single handedly got us into Europe. :wink:

No he didn't, it was his arse! :greengrin

SMAXXA
31-01-2014, 10:04 PM
And a number of tea cups went flying

2 cups have went flying the last couple of years in shambolic scenes :greengrin

Allant1981
31-01-2014, 10:29 PM
Vines contract has been cancelled so we wont have to see him near our pitch again, truly awful player for us

BSEJVT
31-01-2014, 10:38 PM

Thanks I had heard rumours to that effect before, but always assumed there must have been more to it than that.

Cairney was poor that day but wasn't alone? What did he do to earn Thomson's ire?

I find it hard to reconcile that that Thomson was the same one who allegedly wouldn't play one touch football for his new management team.

Was it the case that Pat Fenlon wouldn't / couldn't have done the same job / got the response that Thomson & McPake got or didn't have to after they were finished.

Much appreciated

silverhibee
31-01-2014, 10:40 PM
Vine signs for Morton.

HibbyKeith
31-01-2014, 10:43 PM
Vine signs for Morton.

:agree: http://www.gmfc.net/News/&action=fullnews&id=1128

GreenPJ
31-01-2014, 10:43 PM
Thanks I had heard rumours to that effect before, but always assumed there must have been more to it than that.

Cairney was poor that day but wasn't alone? What did he do to earn Thomson's ire?

I find it hard to reconcile that that Thomson was the same one who allegedly wouldn't play one touch football for his new management team.

Was it the case that Pat Fenlon wouldn't / couldn't have done the same job / got the response that Thomson & McPake got or didn't have to after they were finished.

Much appreciated

Cairney was responsible for the loss of the first 3 goals if I remember correctly. Never retained the ball and was sooooo slow and unfit.

Ronniekirk
31-01-2014, 10:44 PM
Vines contract has been cancelled so we wont have to see him near our pitch again, truly awful player for us

No doubt that was what he was after and can now be a free agent .So vine and Clancy gone leaves K T whose contract I assume would probably be one of our higher ones and maybe we can't pay him off .Still can't believe someone wasn't interested in taking him .T T probably played his way back into squad after Celtic game even if just as cover when injuries and suspension.

Gus Fring
31-01-2014, 10:44 PM
Surprised that Thomson still has a contract. Maybe he's changed his tune in the last few days and Butcher will give him a second chance?

Wilson
31-01-2014, 10:46 PM

A Fenlon signing. Struggled while the whole team was struggling. No chance under Butcher. Should do okay at Greenock.

hibees 7062
31-01-2014, 10:48 PM

Much appreciated

Nowt :greengrin

Billy Whizz
31-01-2014, 10:50 PM
A Fenlon signing. Struggled while the whole team was struggling. No chance under Butcher. Should do okay at Greenock.

Was a panic signing unfortunately. We were going to play Malmo without a striker and Pat gave him a one year deal

SMAXXA
31-01-2014, 10:53 PM

Much appreciated

i canny mind exactly but the jist of it was someone was arguing or getting it tight and Cairney seemingly s******ed sarcastically or sumit to which Thomo went through him saying he had been the worst player on the park, I dunno what your s******ing about etc etc

just usual changing room bust ups when the ****s hitting the fan lol

BSEJVT
31-01-2014, 11:09 PM
i canny mind exactly but the jist of it was someone was arguing or getting it tight and Cairney seemingly s******ed sarcastically or sumit to which Thomo went through him saying he had been the worst player on the park, I dunno what your s******ing about etc etc

just usual changing room bust ups when the ****s hitting the fan lol

The same the world over, regardless of the level you play at right down to 5's

Thanks again

Rocky
31-01-2014, 11:16 PM
I see Tim Clancy was on Central FM's football show tonight taking about being released by Hibs - anyone hear what he said?

DAVE1875
31-01-2014, 11:20 PM
I see Tim Clancy was on Central FM's football show tonight taking about being released by Hibs - anyone hear what he said?

Didn't catch it, he got injured half way through

SMAXXA
31-01-2014, 11:22 PM
Didn't catch it, he got injured half way through

:faf:

Unseen work
01-02-2014, 12:36 AM
Hopefully Thomson staying means he can get back into butchers plans.

Anyone know if theirs anychance oh him getting back in? Or is butcher still having none of it?

GreenLake
01-02-2014, 01:19 AM
Surprised that Thomson still has a contract. Maybe he's changed his tune in the last few days and Butcher will give him a second chance?

Maybe Craig's recent form is giving Butcher the temptation to give Thomson another run out.

NadeAteMyLunch!
01-02-2014, 04:28 AM
To be fair, the two I wanted shot off are gone and the two I never wanted to leave are still with us. I'm pretty happy with the situation. Whether KT makes a miraculous return or not, only time will tell.

NadeAteMyLunch!
01-02-2014, 04:30 AM
Also, very surprised no one came in for Thommo. Despite what some on here say, he's a quality player. It's a strange one certainly

E10 Rifle
01-02-2014, 04:40 AM
To be fair, the two I wanted shot off are gone and the two I never wanted to leave are still with us. I'm pretty happy with the situation. Whether KT makes a miraculous return or not, only time will tell.

Agree with this - if Clancy is however nursing a career threatening injury you have to wish him the best.

NadeAteMyLunch!
01-02-2014, 05:03 AM
Indeed

JimBHibees
01-02-2014, 08:13 AM

Hope he does get back in the squad as a very good player who can still contribute as can Tom as last Sunday showed.

NorthNorfolkHFC
01-02-2014, 08:19 AM
Also, very surprised no one came in for Thommo. Despite what some on here say, he's a quality player. It's a strange one certainly

It's no surprise, I said at the start of the window the proof of Thomson's ability would be the clamber of clubs that were after him.

The answer is no one wants a player like him who's intention is to slow play down and never score or shoot.

Purple & Green
01-02-2014, 08:44 AM
It's no surprise, I said at the start of the window the proof of Thomson's ability would be the clamber of clubs that were after him.

The answer is no one wants a player like him who's intention is to slow play down and never score or shoot.

Maybe his heart is no longer in it, and he's planning on retiring at the end of the season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NorthNorfolkHFC
01-02-2014, 08:46 AM
Maybe his heart is no longer in it, and he's planning on retiring at the end of the season.

Yeah possible.

I don't dislike him and did rate him but I don't think he has stood out at all in his second stint.

Purple & Green
01-02-2014, 08:47 AM
Yeah possible.

I don't dislike him and did rate him but I don't think he has stood out at all in his second stint.

Fair comment, he certainly hasn't hit the heights this time around. That said, the Easter road he returned to was a different place to the one he left.

fat freddy
01-02-2014, 09:01 AM
QUOTE=blackpoolhibs;3890669]I didnt mind Bobby Hutchinson, he at least tried. :greengrin[/QUOTE]
He couldnt have been that bad as he had his own song. Admitably the song was a bit over optimistic in terms of the players abilities but the fact that he was deemed worthy of the honour of having his own song shows how highly regarded he was by the support