PDA

View Full Version : Positives from today

theonlywayisup
26-01-2014, 08:39 PM
I saw enough positives today that gave me reason to believe that things will get better, maybe not this season, but certainly next.

Stanton - Thought he played well today against the best team in the league, by miles. I can see him growing with confidence as he plays more matches. The shot he had required a top top save to prevent his scoring.

Taiwo - Having not been mentioned for weeks, I thought he played well. Not always the most creative, but hardworking and supported the young creative players well.

Zoubir - Quite a frustrating player as he always seems to want to cut inside too much, but well done for the two shots he had in the second half. I hope he can build on today's display.

Collins - Not the best goalscorer, by any means, by works really hard for the team. Still young!

Harris - Mixed day and does not look fully fit, but enough promise to give me optimism for the future. I hope he uses this season to get as many games as possible and comes back lightning fast next season.

Forster - Not his best day, but he needs tested in games like today. I think he has the potential to be a really good full back, with the right centre back pairing beside him.

70 mins - where we limited Celtic, the best team in the league, to very little. Celtic were rocking for a period in that second half and an equaliser would have been well deserved.

Negatives - naw, these have been covered enough in other threads. I would rather focus on the positives and for the second game running it is the display of the younger generation that gives me optimism for the months ahead.

brog
26-01-2014, 08:49 PM
I saw enough positives today that gave me reason to believe that things will get better, maybe not this season, but certainly next.

Stanton - Thought he played well today against the best team in the league, by miles. I can see him growing with confidence as he plays more matches. The shot he had required a top top save to prevent his scoring.

Taiwo - Having not been mentioned for weeks, I thought he played well. Not always the most creative, but hardworking and supported the young creative players well.

Zoubir - Quite a frustrating player as he always seems to want to cut inside too much, but well done for the two shots he had in the second half. I hope he can build on today's display.

Collins - Not the best goalscorer, by any means, by works really hard for the team. Still young!

Harris - Mixed day and does not look fully fit, but enough promise to give me optimism for the future. I hope he uses this season to get as many games as possible and comes back lightning fast next season.

Forster - Not his best day, but he needs tested in games like today. I think he has the potential to be a really good full back, with the right centre back pairing beside him.

70 mins - where we limited Celtic, the best team in the league, to very little. Celtic were rocking for a period in that second half and an equaliser would have been well deserved.

Negatives - naw, these have been covered enough in other threads. I would rather focus on the positives and for the second game running it is the display of the younger generation that gives me optimism for the months ahead.

Hard to disagree with too much of that, Stanton in particular took his opportunity to impress. I posted elsewhere I was v encouraged after today. Some good open, attacking play creating opportunities against the best team in the league.

Alfred E Newman
26-01-2014, 09:01 PM
I thought today was one of our better performances since Butcher came. We passed the ball through the midfield more and were well on top when Celtic were gifted the free kick. The first goal was down to the all too familiar defensive blunder and the second down to a poor decision by one of the worst referees to set foot on a Scottish football park. Heads went down at the end which is disappointing though perhaps understandable.

snooky
26-01-2014, 09:07 PM

I agree with the above.

TT - Only fault I have with TT is his tendency to chase the ball.
Zoubir - Played okay today although sometimes he didn't pass when he should have.
Collins - Won a bit more in the air than usual. Kinda worrying that, for a centre forward, he doesn't really make many scoring chances. 100% man nevertheless.
Harris - He has the touches however IMO, his weakness is he's a bit timid. I'll cut him some slack for the time being due to his recent bad injury.
Forster - Made a couple of mistakes but he was up against quality so I'll cut him some slack too.
Stanton - I hope I don't hex him but, I think this laddie has the makings of a Hibs legend (if we can hold on to him).

As we don't have the money to buy top quality players, the only way we'll get them is 'grow' them at EM.
The future is bright - the future is Sam & Co. :greengrin

Curly1875
26-01-2014, 09:11 PM
Last 15 minutes aside, I thought today was one of our better performances, we just again seem to be missing that final ball or shot. 4-0 absolutely flatters them.

SMAXXA
26-01-2014, 09:14 PM
I agree with the above.

TT - Only fault I have with TT is his tendency to chase the ball.
Zoubir - Played okay today although sometimes he didn't pass when he should have.
Collins - Won a bit more in the air than usual. Kinda worrying that, for a centre forward, he doesn't really make many scoring chances. 100% man nevertheless.
Harris - He has the touches however IMO, his weakness is he's a bit timid. I'll cut him some slack for the time being due to his recent bad injury.
Forster - Made a couple of mistakes but he was up against quality so I'll cut him some slack too.
Stanton - I hope I don't hex him but, I think this laddie has the makings of a Hibs legend (if we can hold on to him).

As we don't have the money to buy top quality players, the only way we'll get them is 'grow' them at EM.
The future is bright - the future is Sam & Co. :greengrin

Lets keep our feet on the ground re Stanton and co, still far to early to predict what kind of impact he will have on hibs and as a pro footballer. Early signs are good though based on today. I'd like to see more youngsters come in and preferably indeed no pressure and expectation so nearer the end of the season.

snooky
26-01-2014, 09:40 PM
Lets keep our feet on the ground re Stanton and co, still far to early to predict what kind of impact he will have on hibs and as a pro footballer. Early signs are good though based on today. I'd like to see more youngsters come in and preferably indeed no pressure and expectation so nearer the end of the season.

Me too. :agree:
Much better than aging journeymen who are solely playing for a wee retirement package.

GreenCastle
26-01-2014, 09:55 PM
Strangely I also thought it was one of the better performances under Butcher - the difference is Celtic are clinical and took their opportunities plus all the extra they spend on their team compared to us!!

I still think Butcher is taking us in the right direction - I am no fan of losing but I can see long term we WILL improve and pick up more points than previous managers.

Will be interesting to see if any movement this week - either way we will see a change come summer.

marleyhib
27-01-2014, 12:18 AM
Played a whole lot better than we did against st mirren. Nice to see us play with some width on both wings, at 1-0 down we played some nice stuff and deserved an equaliser.

Was at the game and just watched the hi-lights on the BBC, we should have had a penalty and fosters save from Stanton was top drawer.

Bit unlucky, makeshift defence had a bit of a mare but the rest of the team bar Craig played well. Would like to see us be more attacking as too often we go sideways in midfield.

Despite the score line and us playing against 12 men I feel quite positive.