PDA

View Full Version : Leaving early

Seveno
26-01-2014, 04:00 PM
I thought the team gave as much as they could today and with a bit more luck, and a different referee, could have got a result. They deserved our support - right to the end.

Poor show on the people that left after the third goal.

I'm_cabbaged
26-01-2014, 04:01 PM
Boo-****ing-hoo

givescotlandfreedom
26-01-2014, 04:01 PM
Had to go to work - sorry!

Inch Hibs
26-01-2014, 04:04 PM
Im sorry but I can't stand sitting there, getting humped and listening to they unwashed wannabee oirish terrorist lovers singing the party songs. Nothing to do with the teams performance but the game was lost.

Thecat23
26-01-2014, 04:04 PM
Didn't bother turning up, looked Baltic, game on tv and to early to crawl out my bed. Delighted I missed it to be honest was nice and cosy in bed.

Inch Hibs
26-01-2014, 04:06 PM
Didn't bother turning up, looked Baltic, game on tv and to early to crawl out my bed. Delighted I missed it to be honest was nice and cosy in bed.

:greengrin And you won some cash :wink:

I got 12/1 at h/t for 4 zip by the way. :agree:

bad_news_boab
26-01-2014, 04:06 PM
If people want to leave early thats no concern of yours whatsoever. They pay there money so are entitled to leave whenever they please. Fans leave for all kinds of reasons , Some have to catch a train while others have forgot to turn the cooker off or some even get some bad news....The problem is not the fans that leave early. The problem is the shambolic defending.

Thecat23
26-01-2014, 04:08 PM
:greengrin And you won some cash :wink:

I got 12/1 at h/t for 4 zip by the way. :agree:

I got 14's ;)

Chump
26-01-2014, 04:10 PM
Why? If I wanted to leave early I'll leave early.....don't need to feel guilty for not staying and clapping off a losing team!!

Similar type of annoying thread that has a pop at stay away 'fans' - why don't we have 20k each week like we did against the Yams at a hew years fixture....well is that not the most ridiculous question going?

Why do you think people leave when we are 3-0 down, why do you think 20k don't turn up every week FFS??

Hermit Crab
26-01-2014, 04:10 PM
I left after the 2nd to beat the barriers and traffic. Problem?

B.H.F.C
26-01-2014, 04:15 PM
Never mind the defensive mix up for the first, poor goalkeeping for the third and giving a stupid penalty away. If all you bad people had stayed we may have staged a late comeback.

cocopops1875
26-01-2014, 04:16 PM
I thought the team gave as much as they could today and with a bit more luck, and a different referee, could have got a result. They deserved our support - right to the end.

I was halfway down the stairs in the east when the pen was given, I supported the team for the duration of the match till then and I beat the daft bottleneck in the east if you wait till full time and got on the road quicker as i beat the traffic build up, but cheers for your thoughts I will consider your opinion while taking my evening dump

Nevi_SOL
26-01-2014, 04:31 PM

I agree to a point. People with other more important commitments ie, work

Leith Green
26-01-2014, 04:38 PM
And instead of laying into folk leaving early, try giving them credit for going to an over priced , poorly timed game of football

Bristolhibby
26-01-2014, 04:40 PM
Was watching the game on telly. Went on the computer and checked-in for my flight to Dublin next week at 0-3. Missed the pen entirely.

Sorry if that offends anyone.

J

Gus Fring
26-01-2014, 04:41 PM
I was there until the end today but if I ever want to leave early then I will. I've paid my money and it's my decision. Do people go around questioning people who leave the cinema halfway through a film or those who don't finish their meal at a restaurant?

down-the-slope
26-01-2014, 04:46 PM

Funny I was actually thinking the opposite (and I am a ritualistic stay to the end whatever guy - its the Fifer in me :greengrin) that when the second went in given time left would normally signal a fair number leaving...but that didn't happen...probably a reflection on how well we had dome most of second half.. so fair play to all given it was freezing and a bit sickening given the balance of play...3rd with only 5 + minutes to play its hardly high treason for a fair number to head :dunno:

Hibercelona
26-01-2014, 04:46 PM
Another "Hibs fans are worse than any other set of football fans" thread.

Thecat23
26-01-2014, 04:49 PM
Don't you guys know you have to raise your hand up if you want to leave. The steward will then radio to the head steward at the bench and he will ask Terry Butcher who will decide IF you are allowed to leave.

Bigbobajob
26-01-2014, 04:52 PM
Im sorry but I can't stand sitting there, getting humped and listening to they unwashed wannabee oirish terrorist lovers singing the party songs. Nothing to do with the teams performance but the game was lost.

This.thought we were unlucky today. Another day might have presented another result. Never a 4-0....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eggbamyasi
Fair enough if people have work etc or actual real life reason for leaving early . But I agree with poster piss poor when people leave cause were losing . Just think its poor show always have always will . Each to there own ofc but I believe should support till the final whistle .loved reading about the numptys that left the liverpool champions league final at half time , karma in its finest form .

Drewster

Totally agree - usual pathetic support for players after a decent performance!! I bet they love playing for Hibs............full house if
we've got a chance of beating Hearts youth team, but not going if we're going to get beat easily by the Celtic!!!?

Embarassing!!!!!?

Hibercelona
26-01-2014, 04:54 PM
Totally agree - usual pathetic support for players after a decent performance!! I bet they love playing for Hibs............full house if
we've got a chance of beating Hearts youth team, but not going if we're going to get beat easily by the Celtic!!!?

Embarassing!!!!!?

The wiff is strong on this one.

NAE NOOKIE
26-01-2014, 04:55 PM
Folk can leave early if they want ... at 0 - 3 there was no way back and a lot of folk cant stand listening the the smellies singing their vast array of songs ... none of which appear to contain the word celtic ? ...... I dont mind folk leaving at 3 down with 10 / 15 minutes to go .... folk who leave early at 1 - 0 or when the score is level baffle me.

I did get a laugh when the smellies started to sing 'what a ****y home support' .... :kettle:

I have more to say, but have decided to leave this thread early ..... :greengrin

Thecat23
26-01-2014, 05:00 PM

Embarassing!!!!!?

HAHAHAHA Behave yourself FFS.

Westie1875
26-01-2014, 05:00 PM
Fair enough if people have work etc or actual real life reason for leaving early . But I agree with poster piss poor when people leave cause were losing . Just think its poor show always have always will . Each to there own ofc but I believe should support till the final whistle .loved reading about the numptys that left the liverpool champions league final at half time , karma in its finest form .

I was planning on staying til the final whistle today until Maybury lost the head and stupidly gave away a needless penalty. That was just a stupid mistake too far for me and from an experienced player too. I don't feel bad about leaving as its not a common occurrence for me. I have had a season ticket for about ten years in a row and been disappointed on many occasions, I'll leave early on the odd occasion if I want to.

Seveno
26-01-2014, 05:08 PM
Seems I touched a raw nerve judging by some of the ludicrous responses.

EastCalderHibby
26-01-2014, 05:12 PM

If fans want to leave then i dont see what it has to do with you or anybody as we are 3 nil down with 10 or so mins left against 11 plus 3 officials
what difference would it have made
I stayed to the end and the only difference was i got to see that **** score a 4th

Inch Hibs
26-01-2014, 05:15 PM

Embarassing!!!!!?

Full house against Hearts because it's probably the last time we play them for a good few years. :agree:

Enjoy relegation Drew my friend. Watching the tramps go down will be glorious. :aok:

heretoday
26-01-2014, 05:15 PM
I think anyone who pays to see Hibs is entitled to leave when they wish. Lets face it. It's no picnic.

Chump
26-01-2014, 05:24 PM

Embarassing!!!!!?

We really have some desperate desperate fans if we call getting beat at home 4-0 a decent performance....I can only suspect you've been at ER in the dark days of Alex Miller, jumped in your Tardis and popped out when Bobby Williamson was working his magic and then did your Dr Who trick again with Yogi's 3 midfield triangle formation before finishing off with a whole stint of Colin Calderwood and Pat Fenlon!!!

The football is sh*t, and the attendance and patience reflects same....yes we huffed and puffed and individuals created their own chances but as for a good team performance that makes me want to stay until the end to cheer them off the pitch.....:faf:

Stax
26-01-2014, 05:26 PM

Embarassing!!!!!?
Aye right, go back to creamin yourself cause your teams on + pts

DaveF
26-01-2014, 05:28 PM
We really have some desperate desperate fans if we call getting beat at home 4-0 a decent performance....I can only suspect you've been at ER in the dark days of Alex Miller, jumped in your Tardis and popped out when Bobby Williamson was working his magic and then did your Dr Who trick again with Yogi's 3 midfield triangle formation before finishing off with a whole stint of Colin Calderwood and Pat Fenlon!!!

The football is sh*t, and the attendance and patience reflects same....yes we huffed and puffed and individuals created their own chances but as for a good team performance that makes me want to stay until the end to cheer them off the pitch.....:faf:

Bit one eyed, no? The scoreline was dire but we played well for the most part of the 2nd half forcing some excellent saves from Forster.

There were piss poor aspects of our game - like giving them a hand for 3 of the 4 goals - but we did some good stuff too which should not be ignored.

Hibercelona
26-01-2014, 05:31 PM
Bit one eyed, no? The scoreline was dire but we played well for the most part of the 2nd half forcing some excellent saves from Forster.

There were piss poor aspects of our game - like giving them a hand for 3 of the 4 goals - but we did some good stuff too which should not be ignored.

There's no such thing as a good performance when you don't even get the basics right.

We were slack and Celtic will punish any mistakes that a team makes.

stoneyburn hibs
26-01-2014, 05:32 PM
Seems I touched a raw nerve judging by some of the ludicrous responses.

Aye, I am raging at you now because i left after the third.

DaveF
26-01-2014, 05:34 PM
There's no such thing as a good performance when you don't even get the basics right.

We were slack and Celtic will punish any mistakes that a team makes.

I'm not suggesting it was a good performance but there were some good aspects to our play today - which I don't think should be ignored.

That's all.

eggbamyasi
26-01-2014, 05:34 PM

agree with this

Hermit Crab
26-01-2014, 05:35 PM

Embarassing!!!!!?

They are out in force tonight.

LTYF!!!

Drewster
26-01-2014, 05:36 PM
Full house against Hearts because it's probably the last time we play them for a good few years. :agree:

Enjoy relegation Drew my friend. Watching the tramps go down will be glorious. :aok:

Whatever - only 8500 hibs fans turn up when we play Celtic, and we want more signings in this transfer window........what with!!?

I've been watching Hibs fans leave early (even if we're winning) since we took Don Revie's Leeds Utd. to penalties!!

Inch Hibs
26-01-2014, 05:36 PM
They are out in force tonight.

LTYF!!!

Bless the wee guy, there not often a weekend comes along when hearts win and hibs lose.

Chump
26-01-2014, 05:39 PM

As I said I think the chances created were individuals creating them not from really good team play but that's just my opinion. We don't have a good team, haven't done for several years and we don't play enjoyable to watch football.....again just my opinion!!

It has been a topic of discussion for so long on this forum but over time we have been subjected to more and more poor teams, poor managers, poor performances that we believe that such a display today was in some part acceptable....me I look at a 4-0 home defeat as a bad result end of and do not see any reason why other fans should be suggesting that we are not entitled to be disgruntled and leave whenever we want

Inch Hibs
26-01-2014, 05:41 PM
Whatever - only 8500 hibs fans turn up when we play Celtic, and we want more signings in this transfer window........what with!!?

I've been watching Hibs fans leave early (even if we're winning) since we took Don Revie's Leeds Utd. to penalties!!

We have around 7000 season ticket holders, do you expect more than 1,500 walk ups for a Sunday lunchtime match against Celtic aye?

We want more transfers this window in comparison to all the other clubs we have much better attendances than apart from Aberdeen who are having a great season and the Gorgie tramps as they are battling for survival.

Go and look at the average attendances for the league and you will find that we have almost double the attendances of every club in the bottom six minus the tramps. I would say it's not too shabby considering the ***** that's been on display for the past 5 years.

DaveF
26-01-2014, 05:44 PM
As I said I think the chances created were individuals creating them not from really good team play but that's just my opinion. We don't have a good team, haven't done for several years and we don't play enjoyable to watch football.....again just my opinion!!

It has been a topic of discussion for so long on this forum but over time we have been subjected to more and more poor teams, poor managers, poor performances that we believe that such a display today was in some part acceptable....me I look at a 4-0 home defeat as a bad result end of and do not see any reason why other fans should be suggesting that we are not entitled to be disgruntled and leave whenever we want

That part is irrelevant and if you wanted to leave at 0-1 then who cares.

As for the team, yes it's poor - I can't disagree - but with TB in charge I feel more optimistic than I have been for years that we will be on an upward rise soon.

It won't happen overnight though and no-one should be making judgements on the back of Celtc at home.

Pete
26-01-2014, 05:57 PM
I like to leave late sometimes. Simply refuse to leave your seat and wait until you are frogmarched out.

It's my seat.

Hibrandenburg
26-01-2014, 06:03 PM

Embarassing!!!!!?

Could have been worse, they might have scored 7.

Chibs
26-01-2014, 06:04 PM
[QUOTE=Drewster;3884866]Whatever - only 8500 hibs fans turn up when we play Celtic, and we want more signings in this transfer window........what with!!?

It's called MONEY.
something you ****wits don't have

Gus Fring
26-01-2014, 06:17 PM

I don't see how this is relevant to leaving early? You don't get a refund. The club has their money.

Either slag the fans who don't turn up, or slag the ones that do. You can't have it both ways ya slaver

The Green Goblin
26-01-2014, 06:21 PM

And what's the view like from the away end?

Drewster
26-01-2014, 06:28 PM
[QUOTE=Drewster;3884866]Whatever - only 8500 hibs fans turn up when we play Celtic, and we want more signings in this transfer window........what with!!?

It's called MONEY.
something you ****wits don't have

Did you miss this bit EINSTEIN!!?

My old man's a jambo though, if this helps your argument?

Hibbyradge
26-01-2014, 06:29 PM

Embarassing!!!!!?

lol

7-0

Hibbyradge
26-01-2014, 06:32 PM
One of the main reasons I go to games these days is so I can leave early.

leggeto
26-01-2014, 06:36 PM
Well as soon as the 3rd goal went in me and the laddie were off and if the players seen us leave then good,maybe they will get their act together if they want us to stay

Jonnyboy
26-01-2014, 06:37 PM

It'll reach the stage where you meet yourself coming in - you know that don't you? :greengrin

semaj64
26-01-2014, 06:42 PM
I stay to the end to avoid the queues on the way home

Scouse Hibee
26-01-2014, 06:44 PM
I agree with the OP have a word with yourselves,like rats leaving a sinking ship a disgrace. I never leave early

Apart from today when I left after the third,I don't know what came over me.

blackpoolhibs
26-01-2014, 06:47 PM
I actually missed the 4th goal because i was putting the kettle on.

Thank god for replays.

Hibbyradge
26-01-2014, 06:48 PM
It'll reach the stage where you meet yourself coming in - you know that don't you? :greengrin

Good point.

Maybe I'll just miss out the middle bit altogether. That way everyone will be happy! :greengrin

Jonnyboy
26-01-2014, 06:49 PM
Good point.

Maybe I'll just miss out the middle bit altogether. That way everyone will be happy! :greengrin

:greengrin

cocopops1875
26-01-2014, 07:05 PM

It's good to have hobby's at your age Dave

Hibbyradge
26-01-2014, 07:06 PM
It's good to have hobby's at your age Dave

:faf:

:na na:

Chibs
26-01-2014, 07:51 PM
[QUOTE=einstein;3884930]

Did you miss this bit EINSTEIN!!?

My old man's a jambo though, if this helps your argument?
I was at the Leeds game and remember it well and can tell you not one Hibee left before the last penalty.
perhaps you were some sad **** wishing you were back in the Texaco cup and ****ing hating us.

Torto7062
26-01-2014, 08:01 PM
If people want to leave early thats no concern of yours whatsoever. They pay there money so are entitled to leave whenever they please. Fans leave for all kinds of reasons , Some have to catch a train while others have forgot to turn the cooker off or some even get some bad news....The problem is not the fans that leave early. The problem is the shambolic defending.

Spot on. At 3 nil I left so my son wasn't
Bashed and pushed as we left the ground.
Nowt against oor young Hibs team

mutley
26-01-2014, 08:11 PM
I left just after 90 mins (after the penalty) as getting out of the east is a nightmare at best of times.

Albanian Hibs
26-01-2014, 08:34 PM

Who do you think you are?

I left after the third as I can't bare watching my team get thumped from they soap dodgers. I leave when I want and that has got **** all to do with you.

Inch Hibs
26-01-2014, 08:41 PM
Who do you think you are?

I left after the third as I can't bare watching my team get thumped from they soap dodgers. I leave when I want and that has got **** all to do with you.

Go yirself big man, dinnae beat around the bush now :)

Nakedmanoncrack
26-01-2014, 08:43 PM
I left early, and if it upset some sanctimonious twat, good- at least it wasn't all bad news today.

Hermit Crab
26-01-2014, 09:15 PM
I'm going to leave early at the next game regardless of score just to pi ss you off you can start another thread like this :D

Bristolhibby
26-01-2014, 09:38 PM

I don't go, just so I can't be criticised on hibs.net for leaving early.

J

Hibee Ryan
26-01-2014, 09:39 PM
Despite staying to the end nearly every game I don't get these threads!

Honestly if the players are fussed about people leaving they should maybe do something to make them want to stay. Doesn't matter how well we played we were 3-0 down and no chance of coming back so there was no real reason to stay.

It's their loss if Hibs make a miraculous comeback cause they miss it so why complain?

jane_says
26-01-2014, 10:08 PM
I left after the third to miss the unwashed, terrorist loving hordes on Easter Road and their 'folk' songs. The game was lost. Stayed many a time to get beat 2-0 and would have done the same today if I thought there was even the slightest chance of a goal.

Oscar T Grouch
26-01-2014, 10:10 PM
I left after the 4 th goal today, I am very sorry seveno and drewster for being such a bad hibbie, or at least not up to your standards. But I was feeling ill and went straight home to bed for a few hours, as if that's any excuse eh?.

I did however stay to the very end at the 4-0 semi, the 5-1 final, the 3-0 final, the 0-7 drubbing from malmo, and loads of other matches that lots of other **** hibbies left early at. Do I get a bonus for staying at those matches til the end?sis that excuse me for leaving early today? Or am I still a **** hibbie for going after the 4 the went in? I have to ask cause I don't know the rules and your obviously the referee in these cases.

Admins do we really have to have these sorts of threads? The people who left early today paid their money and came along at a **** time on hangover day. If you want to find something offencive about today, think of the cost of disinfectant we need to but to get the smell o they weegie tramp off oor nice seats in the Dunbar end!!

Edit excuse the spelling, in writing this on my iPhone and still got a sair heid.

Ronniekirk
26-01-2014, 10:14 PM
I'm going to leave early at the next game regardless of score just to pi ss you off you can start another thread like this :D

We will leave when we want ,We will leave when we want ,We are the Hibees ,we will leave when we want . you pays your money you make your choice .Dont do it that often remember once leaving when Dundee United were beating us. 2. O at home and it ended up 2. 2 .

PatHead
26-01-2014, 10:16 PM

I'm going to miss the next game altogether because I am on holiday. At the next home game I am going to get there just after kick off, nip off for a pie just before half time then leave early. If that doesn't upset the players I don't know what will.

Jones28
26-01-2014, 10:31 PM
I didn't go, so this thread doesn't apply to me. Can someone please start a "They cants who didny turn up" thread so I feel validated in my not going?

marleyhib
26-01-2014, 10:33 PM
12:30 on a Sunday, freezing cold and with the game lost who can blame anyone. Well done to those who turned up as always.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-01-2014, 10:34 PM
I didn't go, so this thread doesn't apply to me. Can someone please start a "They cants who didny turn up" thread so I feel validated in my not going?

I also never went...

iwasthere1972
26-01-2014, 10:39 PM
I saw four people who were together leaving when it was only 1-0 and we had just had a few good chances to equalise.

I know it's entirely up to them when they leave but I just can't understand it myself. Not at 1-0 I can't. They may have had a good reason for leaving when they did so I'm not condemning them.

Just saying.

Hibbyradge
27-01-2014, 08:21 AM
I left at half time last week.

Granted, I wasn't well, but I'm sure the information will add to the OPs general angst.

Enjoy.

The Sea-gull
27-01-2014, 11:28 AM
I don't think leaving early is all that weird if you are down by say 3 goals with about 10 or 15 mins to go. I actually find it a bit weirder that people would stay in these circumstances!

Brightside
27-01-2014, 11:34 AM
If you are leaving early... can you just leave. Better that than a couple of hundred all standing at the exit waiting for some sort of starting pistol.

Greencore
27-01-2014, 11:42 AM
Why should I spend £25 to stand there in the freezing cold to see a bunch of pedophiles go 4-0 up? While hearing ira songs) I felt uncomfortable and I wasn't prepared to wait to see after the 3rd goal if we could get 4 goals in the last five minutes...

Hibbyradge
27-01-2014, 11:48 AM
In the past, the exit doors used to be opened with about 10 - 15 minutes remaining and folk used to be able to come in to watch the end of the game for nothing.

Is that still the case?

If it is, in future I'm going to leave in a dramatic huff as soon as the exit doors open, then return to my seat a few minutes later, only to leave early again.

More fun that you can shake a stick at!

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-01-2014, 11:51 AM
I watched the game in the boozer and was still in my seat 7 hours after the final whistle, thats dedication for you!

I'm_cabbaged
27-01-2014, 11:53 AM
Can I be the first to say that I never left because of IRA songs as I never heard any.

easty
27-01-2014, 11:57 AM
Why should I spend £25 to stand there in the freezing cold to see a bunch of pedophiles go 4-0 up? While hearing ira songs) I felt uncomfortable and I wasn't prepared to wait to see after the 3rd goal if we could get 4 goals in the last five minutes...

Is that a Morrissey song?

blackpoolhibs
27-01-2014, 12:04 PM
I watched the game in the boozer and was still in my seat 7 hours after the final whistle, thats dedication for you!

:greengrin

heretoday
27-01-2014, 08:34 PM
When I used to go to ER regularly I never left early if we were losing.

Plenty folk used to head for the pubs early if we were winning, which, in bygone days, we usually were!

maximushibee
28-01-2014, 07:39 AM
Left 5mins before end due to having a 85 year old uncle with a bad hip and bad knees trying to get down the steps without getting shoved... Absolutely nothing to the hibs performance. Stayed and watched the final 5 minutes in the ground

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DanHFC1875
28-01-2014, 08:14 AM
Why? If I wanted to leave early I'll leave early.....don't need to feel guilty for not staying and clapping off a losing team!!

Similar type of annoying thread that has a pop at stay away 'fans' - why don't we have 20k each week like we did against the Yams at a hew years fixture....well is that not the most ridiculous question going?

Why do you think people leave when we are 3-0 down, why do you think 20k don't turn up every week FFS??

I agree with this, is ridiculous to slag of people that pay their money.
It is also a nonsense to slag of fans that do turn up after a few good results.
We want to build our support through the turnstiles, not turn people away or slag off anyone that does come.
If only we could all be this superior fan.
:not worth

ahibby
28-01-2014, 08:16 AM
I didn't leave early because our team was worth supporting on Sunday despite the heavy defeat. Also because it was Celtic and I didn't expect us to put up such a good fight against them. If it had been any other side who dismantled us then perhaps I would have been so sick as to walk. Also I went to the trouble to go there and had nothing except shopping to do, so all in all it made sense. Out of those reasons I would say that watching the Hibs young boys perform was the main reason for staying. They are not match winners yet but it's interesting to see and learn where their strengths and weaknesses lie.