PDA

View Full Version : Hanlon

Westie1875
26-01-2014, 03:34 PM
Does anyone know when he is expected to be fit?

Inch Hibs
26-01-2014, 03:35 PM
For Raith.

marleyhib
26-01-2014, 03:38 PM
Great news, miss him badly given we don't have a RB and Foster looks like he's our best option

Inch Hibs
26-01-2014, 03:40 PM
Great news, miss him badly given we don't have a RB and Foster looks like he's our best option

Agreed. I'm happy for Forster to develop at RB also.

Westie1875
For Raith.

I hope so, sooner the better and get Forster back to right back.

Brooster
Could've played today. Both player and manager wanted to but physio ruled it out. He should be 100% fit for cup tie.

Westie1875
26-01-2014, 03:42 PM
Could've played today. Both player and manager wanted to but physio ruled it out. He should be 100% fit for cup tie.

Great news, pity he wasn't allowed to play today but can understand not wanting to rush him back.

EastCalderHibby
26-01-2014, 03:50 PM
Hope it's very soon so maybury can get to f..k

Brooster
26-01-2014, 04:02 PM

Here's a question for you.......we've lost 7 goals in the last two games, how many have came down Mayburys side and how many were his fault? I reckon he has been our best full back in both games, decent cover in my opinion.

inglisavhibs
26-01-2014, 04:10 PM
Way over the top with remarks like that. Maybury has done nothing but his best for Hibs and most Hibs supporters appreciate his efforts.

Heisenberg
26-01-2014, 04:11 PM
I'd say the centre half pairing of Nelson and Forster was more of a worry than Maybury tbh. He's not brilliant and has terrible distribution but he's solid when asked to defend. Ok for an emergency option. Forster/Nelson never looked comfortable together, just shows how important Hanlon has been for us this season.

Argylehibby
26-01-2014, 04:13 PM
Here's a question for you.......we've lost 7 goals in the last two games, how many have came down Mayburys side and how many were his fault? I reckon he has been our best full back in both games, decent cover in my opinion.

:agree: Penalty today was his fault but that was the only one. Guy behind us today spent entire 90 minutes giving Maybury abuse. Seems he is slow, and never in the right position which apparently for a full back is on the touchline. :rolleyes:

Brooster
26-01-2014, 04:17 PM
:agree: Penalty today was his fault but that was the only one. Guy behind us today spent entire 90 minutes giving Maybury abuse. Seems he is slow, and never in the right position which apparently for a full back is on the touchline. :rolleyes:

I agree - 1 out of 7 but he gets abuse from folk who know no better or probably don't go to games to see his overall game.

JimBHibees
26-01-2014, 04:19 PM

Quite agree he is what he is and does a pretty decent job for cover. Agree about the Mourinhos in the crowd who want the full back out the wing and leaving a massive gap next to the centre half. Some folk are quite simply pretty ignorant about football.

Aldo
26-01-2014, 04:20 PM

See this what I was on about earlier. They guy has made a few mistakes as he is only human. What about Williams in recent weeks. Just about caused us the points against the Yams his mistake today. He's made more mistakes than Maybury. Take it he can get tae **** as well ?

Better still why don't we put Lewis at RB that'll give you a chance to have a right ****ing moan.

Forster made a shocking mistake today take it he can get tae **** as well??

hibee_girl
26-01-2014, 04:20 PM

:agree:

Also noticed him talking to Zoubir before and during the game, telling him where he wanted him etc, must have been a big help to Zoubir today.

Inch Hibs
26-01-2014, 04:21 PM
I agree - 1 out of 7 but he gets abuse from folk who know no better or probably don't go to games to see his overall game.

His overall game was misplaced pass after miss placed pass, putting it out of play needlessly and giving Celtic possession on numerous occasions.

That's not even taking into consideration his lack of pace and being caught out of position.

Maybury was everything a full back shouldn't be today. And just because the goals weren't directly his fault doesn't mean he should not get any blame.

Inch Hibs
26-01-2014, 04:22 PM
See this what I was on about earlier. They guy has made a few mistakes as he is only human. What about Williams in recent weeks. Just about caused us the points against the Yams his mistake today. He's made more mistakes than Maybury. Take it he can get tae **** as well ?

Better still why don't we put Lewis at RB that'll give you a chance to have a right ****ing moan.

Forster made a shocking mistake today take it he can get tae **** as well??

Have we got a replacement for Williams for him to be out out the side?

The point the poster made as it's good news Hanlon will be back as it gives us the added bonus of no Maybury.

Brooster
26-01-2014, 04:27 PM
His overall game was misplaced pass after miss placed pass, putting it out of play needlessly and giving Celtic possession on numerous occasions
That's not even taking into consideration his lack of pace and being caught out of position.

Maybury was everything a full back shouldn't be today. And just because the goals weren't directly his fault doesn't mean he should not get any blame.

That's your opinion and not one that everyone agrees with. How did you rate his overall performance from the time of the second goal until the final whistle?

EastCalderHibby
26-01-2014, 04:28 PM
Way over the top with remarks like that. Maybury has done nothing but his best for Hibs and most Hibs supporters appreciate his efforts.

ok maybe ott remark
was he not at fault 1st v st mirren and unnecessary nudge for todays pen ( that is 2 out of 2 )
we all have opinions and my one is that he is crap

Aldo
26-01-2014, 04:28 PM
Have we got a replacement for Williams for him to be out out the side? The point the poster made as it's good news Hanlon will be back as it gives us the added bonus of no Maybury.

Yes Murdoch. Simple as that. I know the point the poster made and I replied accordingly and I'm sure he can reply when he is ready.

I know it's good news Hanlon will be back and as I've said before he's been our best CH for years and doesn't get the credit he has deserved but instead he gets slated.

So it's between Lewis, Hanlon and Maybury every time we get beaten and they play at whose turn it is to get slated and slagged.

Inch Hibs
26-01-2014, 04:33 PM
Yes Murdoch. Simple as that. I know the point the poster made and I replied accordingly and I'm sure he can reply when he is ready.

I know it's good news Hanlon will be back and as I've said before he's been our best CH for years and doesn't get the credit he has deserved but instead he gets slated.

So it's between Lewis, Hanlon and Maybury every time we get beaten and they play at whose turn it is to get slated and slagged.

You would honestly drop Williams for Murdoch in our most important match of the season against Raith? Aye ok.

You must have missed the posts slagging off both Craig and Williams after today's defeat. Maybury was ***** today and should be nowhere near a side with top 4 asperations. He was emptied by St Johnstone 2 years ago.

Stevenson played very well today and I would keep him there even when McGivern is back and Hanlon has been our player of the year IMO.

I would turn it the other way and people just stick up for players like Maybury or Lewis when he has a shocker to be fashionable and go against the grain. I'll call it as I see it and when Lewis is good I'll say so like today and many other games barring last week, if I say he's had a shocker it's not to jump on the bandwagon either.

Brooster
26-01-2014, 04:33 PM
ok maybe ott remark
was he not at fault 1st v st mirren and unnecessary nudge for todays pen ( that is 2 out of 2 )
we all have opinions and my one is that he is crap

Surely that's 2 out of 7 no? The first v St Mirren came down his side but I wouldn't say it was his fault. Just my opinion though.

Inch Hibs
26-01-2014, 04:35 PM
That's your opinion and not one that everyone agrees with. How did you rate his overall performance from the time of the second goal until the final whistle?

Fair dos Broost all about opinions.

From the second until the third I don't think he touched the ball except for over hitting a pass out of play. I left after the third so my judgement isn't based on the peno at all.

Brightside
26-01-2014, 04:36 PM

Shocking stuff. Some people could do with an education in Hibs FC.

Aldo
26-01-2014, 04:40 PM
You would honestly drop Williams for Murdoch in our most important match of the season against Raith? Aye ok. You must have missed the posts slagging off both Craig and Williams after today's defeat. Maybury was ***** today and should be nowhere near a side with top 4 asperations. He was emptied by St Johnstone 2 years ago. Stevenson played very well today and I would keep him there even when McGivern is back and Hanlon has been our player of the year IMO. I would turn it the other way and people just stick up for players like Maybury or Lewis when he has a shocker to be fashionable and go against the grain. I'll call it as I see it and when Lewis is good I'll say so like today and many other games barring last week, if I say he's had a shocker it's not to jump on the bandwagon either.

If a player is playing ***** then like you say ... He should be nowhere near the team if we have top 4 aspersions.

See when I mentioned about Hanlon being our best CH etc you said that it was only since TB came in. Your are now saying he's the player if the year... Now is that since Jan or since the season starts.

What I will agree with is that if we have any aspersions at all of being a top 4 side then we need to get rid of our under performing players.
Yes that might include Maybury, Lewis or whoever TB decides isn't good enough however if TB thinks a player is good enough and picks him to play then that's ok by me.

EastCalderHibby
26-01-2014, 04:40 PM
Surely that's 2 out of 7 no? The first v St Mirren came down his side but I wouldn't say it was his fault. Just my opinion though.

I did'nt say it was his fault just answered the what was asked And was meaning 2 games out of 2

Leith Green
26-01-2014, 04:44 PM

I agree, the reaction to one of Mayburys passes (which was poor) was ridiculously over the top in my opinion, he has always had it pretty tight and some of it quite unjust.

The guy has been pretty steady in a position which has been a massive problem since 2007, to have achieved that with some of the over the top abuse he gets says a lot about his attitude and profesionalism ..

Inch Hibs
26-01-2014, 04:47 PM
If a player is playing ***** then like you say ... He should be nowhere near the team if we have top 4 aspersions.

See when I mentioned about Hanlon being our best CH etc you said that it was only since TB came in. Your are now saying he's the player if the year... Now is that since Jan or since the season starts.

What I will agree with is that if we have any aspersions at all of being a top 4 side then we need to get rid of our under performing players.
Yes that might include Maybury, Lewis or whoever TB decides isn't good enough however if TB thinks a player is good enough and picks him to play then that's ok by me.

Hanlons went on to a different level under Butcher but has still been out best ch this season when you look at the alternatives.

And fair do's, it seems we are having arguement a on every thread Aldo. Peace.

Aldo
26-01-2014, 04:50 PM
Hanlons went on to a different level under Butcher but has still been out best ch this season when you look at the alternatives. And fair do's, it seems we are having arguement a on every thread Aldo. Peace.

Hanlon has always played steadily and along with Nelson has been even better.

He's a very important player for us and the sooner other folk realise this the better. He has been sorely missed these last few weeks and it shows.

Argylehibby
26-01-2014, 04:50 PM
Have we got a replacement for Williams for him to be out out the side?

The point the poster made as it's good news Hanlon will be back as it gives us the added bonus of no Maybury.

Maybury is the replacement though! He is not our first choice right back, Williams is our 1st choice keeper.

Inch Hibs
26-01-2014, 04:52 PM
Hanlon has always played steadily and along with Nelson has been even better.

He's a very important player for us and the sooner other folk realise this the better. He has been sorely missed these last few weeks and it shows.

Absolutely.

Inch Hibs
26-01-2014, 04:53 PM
Maybury is the replacement though! He is not our first choice right back, Williams is our 1st choice keeper.

I never said he wasn't???

SMAXXA
26-01-2014, 05:45 PM

:agree: And wanted to play last week aswell. It's the same with Thomson he's got a little groin or calf injury canny mind which one he said but will be back training next week. Wether or not he comes I not the reckoning that's another story.

Jonnyboy
26-01-2014, 06:36 PM
His overall game was misplaced pass after miss placed pass, putting it out of play needlessly and giving Celtic possession on numerous occasions.

Much like Liam Craig did but that's ok cos at least he didn't hide :rolleyes:

Diclonius
26-01-2014, 06:48 PM
7 goals conceded in 2 games since Hanlon has been out, yet some on here still claim he's the "weak link" in our defence. Lol.

Saorsa
26-01-2014, 07:52 PM
Does anyone know when he is expected to be fit?Cannae be soon enough unless you listen tae some of the experts on here, they've been very quiet recently though.

SMAXXA
26-01-2014, 07:58 PM
Cannae be soon enough unless you listen tae some of the experts on here, they've been very quiet recently though.

Ive no been very quiet recently and have gave him loads of praise which he fully deserves despite my criticism of him in the past which I also believed was justified. He's been brilliant this season and deserves plaudits from people, he's improved which is what I wanted personally so have no complaints :agree:

Saorsa
26-01-2014, 08:01 PM
Ive no been very quiet recently and have gave him loads of praise which he fully deserves despite my criticism of him in the past which I also believed was justified. He's been brilliant this season and deserves plaudits from people, he's improved which is what I wanted personally so have no complaints :agree:No really referring tae you, you've been reasonably fair :wink: I'll give you that, there's plenty others though that seem tae have run out of things tae post about.

SMAXXA
26-01-2014, 08:04 PM
No really referring tae you, you've been reasonably fair :wink: I'll give you that, there's plenty others though that seem tae have run out of things tae post about.

Good lad, I like to think I'm fair, most of the time :greengrin

Saorsa
26-01-2014, 08:06 PM
Good lad, I like to think I'm fair, most of the time :greengrinI like tae think I am too. :wink: :greengrin

SMAXXA
26-01-2014, 08:07 PM
I like tae think I am too. :wink: :greengrin

No sure everyone would agree re your Petrie comments on the ref thread :greengrin, dinny put me on ignore though :na na:

Saorsa
26-01-2014, 08:09 PM
No sure everyone would agree re your Petrie comments on the ref thread :greengrin, dinny put me on ignore though :na na:Too late :greengrin

SMAXXA
26-01-2014, 08:10 PM
Too late :greengrin

:wink:

snooky
26-01-2014, 08:18 PM

I thought Maybury played okay today but there were several times when the Soapies had a man on the left wing totally unmarked.
Re. their pen, I would check Maybury's jecket pockets for a 0-4 betting slip. What was he thinking about? No danger - then blatant shove.

BTW, how odd that ref Theartson (:jamboclow) didn't see the same kind of shove on Collins in the tic pen box in the 1st half.