PDA

View Full Version : Taiwo

marleyhib
26-01-2014, 04:27 PM
Thought he had a decent game today, has he not been told he can go?

Played ahead of Robertson today? who admittedly was honking against St Mirren.

Malthibby
26-01-2014, 04:30 PM
Robertson suspended....but TT did have a good game.

Pretty Boy
26-01-2014, 04:31 PM
I'd have TT in my team before Robertson.

Tin hat firmly on.

Billychaotic182
26-01-2014, 04:31 PM
Robertson has been our best midfielder this season and was suspended.

Craig needs a game on the bench as he was rotten

Taiwo came in and did very well. Would keep him

HH81
26-01-2014, 04:32 PM
He could have played today so other clubs could see him?

3pm
26-01-2014, 04:33 PM

Tin hat firmly on.

No arguments from me.

Jim44
26-01-2014, 04:33 PM
Thought he had a decent game today, has he not been told he can go?

Played ahead of Robertson today? who admittedly was honking against St Mirren.

Given Taiwo's been shown the door, can we assume TB was scraping the barrel for a team today. If Taiwo was as good as some are saying he was, will he be humble enough to maybe look at him in a different and hold on to him. :dunno:

WindyMiller
26-01-2014, 04:40 PM
Given Taiwo's been shown the door, can we assume TB was scraping the barrel for a team today. If Taiwo was as good as some are saying he was, will he be humble enough to maybe look at him in a different and hold on to him. :dunno:

Taiwo was excellent today, but AFAIK it's his choice to move back down South.

Zondervan
26-01-2014, 04:42 PM
Craig was abysmal today, as he has been most of the season.

Has Butcher got the balls to bench his captain?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-01-2014, 04:45 PM
Plays far too deep. A shadow of the player he was at St Johnstone!

hibee_girl
26-01-2014, 04:47 PM

Tin hat firmly on.

Absolutely :agree:

TT was my MOTM today

hibeemikey21
26-01-2014, 04:49 PM

Tin hat firmly on.

TT had a good game today, but I have to disagree. Robertson is a much more accomplished midfielder.

Twiglet
26-01-2014, 04:53 PM
Though TT played really well today. Don't know if he was subbed because of cramp, kind of hoping it was that as I couldn't see any other reason to hook him.
I would prefer to see him ahead of Robertson or Craig TBH (don't know which as recently I've not been overly impressed by either).

Smartie
26-01-2014, 05:03 PM
I thought TT was excellent. He's a good player, has never really let us down and I was disappointed to hear he was being let go but I accepted Butcher's reasoning. I thought he complimented Claros better than any other midfielder we had during his time at the club.

I'm suspicious though about how we can go, within a week, from naming 6 subs with nobody fit to fill the other space on the bench to Taiwo starting and Vine getting on the bench. I reckon Butcher's been told he has to get rid before he can bring anyone else in and now he's had some unsuccessful experiences at bringing players in he's decided he may have to make do with what he has.

I've never been a Petrie fan and I'm suspicious as to how much influence he has over a lot of what we seem to criticise managers for. How badly prepared were we for the Malmo game? Did we seriously need to go into this season with so many central midfielders and so few wide men and forwards? Why did it take us until September until we had our squad in place? Did Yogi seriously think we could go into a season with only Nish, Riordan and Duffy (ok we got Trakys later)? Etc, etc.

I've been deeply suspicious about our recruitment policy for some time, managers have taken the flak for it but I smell old problems still being there. I've been hugely impressed with Butcher and Malpas so far, but they need to get some new blood in and have admitted it themselves. And if they don't get it, I can't see them hanging around to see their reputations be tarnished, a bit like JC did.

Vault Boy
26-01-2014, 05:11 PM
I like Tom, I think he has been really unlucky not to get more game time. The central midfielders are good on their day, but certainly have had some poor performances recently.

Tyler Durden
26-01-2014, 05:57 PM
Surprised people thought Taiwo played well today. Thought it was quite a typical performance from him, picked up a needless booking and made no meaningful contribution going forward.

Craig is correctly being criticised for his poor passing today but Taiwo doesn't have the ability or ambition to try a meaningful pass.

Best for him to move on IMO

Edit - also didn't consider his performance to be anything great defensively. I don't see a need for both him and OTJ in the squad. Not particularly bothered which one stays as they're very average SPFL players to me

Sir David Gray
26-01-2014, 06:00 PM
I quite like Taiwo.

I would keep him.

Hiber-nation
26-01-2014, 06:05 PM
I thought Taiwo was very good today and Craig was dire again, continually hoofing the ball into the air when he wasn't passing it out for a shy. But how many goals can Taiwo get us compared to Craig and who would you put your cash on to slot away a late pen against the likes of herts?

down-the-slope
26-01-2014, 06:12 PM
Though TT played really well today. Don't know if he was subbed because of cramp, kind of hoping it was that as I couldn't see any other reason to hook him.
I would prefer to see him ahead of Robertson or Craig TBH (don't know which as recently I've not been overly impressed by either).

Combination of him being on a yellow card when we needed to be sticking the foot in on Celtic Midfielders and the need to get Heff on and maintain Sammys goals threat

He was thoroughly professional today and I have never heard players or supporters having a bad word to say about him in training / off the pitch...if its true he wants closer to home then I hope he can get fixed up. But he would be a better option that Craig in the middle with Robertson on current form (hoping Craig finds where he left it)

Twiglet
26-01-2014, 06:34 PM
Combination of him being on a yellow card when we needed to be sticking the foot in on Celtic Midfielders and the need to get Heff on and maintain Sammys goals threat

He was thoroughly professional today and I have never heard players or supporters having a bad word to say about him in training / off the pitch...if its true he wants closer to home then I hope he can get fixed up. But he would be a better option that Craig in the middle with Robertson on current form (hoping Craig finds where he left it)

Suppose. If he hadn't been on a yellow then I'd have preferred Craig to come off. No idea what's happened to him.

The Harp
26-01-2014, 07:41 PM
Taiwo was man of the match for me today closely followed by young Sammy.
Maybe it was a shop window performance from him but I thought he was a stand out considering how little game time he's had lately.

Ronniekirk
26-01-2014, 07:59 PM

If he was scrapping the barrel playing him what does it say about OTJ that he couldn't get a game with injuries and suspension , yet he hasn't been told he can go .

Winston Ingram
26-01-2014, 08:00 PM
TT was excellent today:agree:

patch1875
26-01-2014, 08:03 PM
Never liked him as a player. Done ok today but hasn't offered much since he arrived hope he still leaves.

WeeWendy
26-01-2014, 08:06 PM
Liam hasn't been the same since he was given the captain's armband. IMO he started the season quite well and I think a read-back over this forum will show that people thought he was a good signing. I think he's been a pretty good captain, taken on the role of looking out for the team, interacting with officials etc pretty well - but it's had a negative impact on his playing role, and I don't think he's the first person to be promoted to captain that this has happened to. Not so sure what the future is - does he regain the playing impact whilst remaining captain, or does he need the armband removed?

leggeto
26-01-2014, 08:42 PM
He was good today never gave the Celtic midfield peace,well needed against them to just get stuck in and noise them up,its what he does when he gets the ball that is maybe going to see him out the door though

Saorsa
26-01-2014, 09:04 PM
Taiwo was excellent today, but AFAIK it's his choice to move back down South.That was what I heard today as well, nothing tae do with no being good enough. Thought he done well today and personally I would have hooked Craig before him.

ancient hibee
26-01-2014, 09:27 PM
Liam hasn't been the same since he was given the captain's armband. IMO he started the season quite well and I think a read-back over this forum will show that people thought he was a good signing. I think he's been a pretty good captain, taken on the role of looking out for the team, interacting with officials etc pretty well - but it's had a negative impact on his playing role, and I don't think he's the first person to be promoted to captain that this has happened to. Not so sure what the future is - does he regain the playing impact whilst remaining captain, or does he need the armband removed?

His interacting with officials seems to get him booked regularly.He should be trying to get the team calmed down over bad decisions not getting them worked up.

IWasThere2016
26-01-2014, 09:30 PM
Thought he played well today; but it would be KT > TT > OTJ for me.

NadeAteMyLunch!
26-01-2014, 11:37 PM
OTJ not even on the bench so can only imagine he's injured? Or on the move as well? Most disappointed I've been with a new midfielder since Edwin Giraffe