PDA

View Full Version : Liam Craig

Wotherspiniesta
26-01-2014, 04:23 PM
It has to be said, that was woeful from him today.

It could be argued he's being asked to play too deep, but his perfomaces have been awful the last two home matches.

Viva_Palmeiras
26-01-2014, 04:28 PM

It could be argued he's being asked to play too deep, but his perfomaces have been awful the last two home matches.

Regardless where he plays surely needs to be able to pick a pass? Dunno what's up with him recently. Not a good day at the office...

DC_Hibs
26-01-2014, 04:29 PM
but his perfomaces have been awful the last two home matches.

I've been surprised at how poor he is since he arrived. Chips in with a few goals, take the odd decent set piece and puts a shift in. That is as positive as I can be about Craig.

Footballing ability though is sadly lacking especially when he is a senior player in central midfield that we rely on a great deal.

He'll be in there until the end of the season though...........

Robertson has a bit more energy, less of a goal threat and equally mediocre on the ball.

Exciting times ahead!

Inch Hibs
26-01-2014, 04:34 PM
With Robertson back for Raith I would stick him wide right with Taiwo, Stanton and Robertson in the middle.

Brooster
26-01-2014, 04:47 PM
Craig struggled today. It wasn't his day but im happy with his overall contribution. He's scored more goals in this last month than TT will score in his career.....thats why talk of him dropping out or wide is way off the mark in my opinion. I know its not always easy but I would like to see him pick a pass on the grass more often.

SeanWilson
26-01-2014, 05:07 PM
My biggest issue with him is his inability to bring the ball to feet from air and think about what to do with it (when clearly has the time), when instead he opts for pointless hoofesk header to the opposition. Not sure if this is something that is being drilled in to him or he just doesn't possess the skill and composure to control the ball when not played to feet.

Still think he will play a big part for us but for me a captain should be assured on the ball and have thr ability to stamp authority on a game and I can't see this in Craig.

Vault Boy
26-01-2014, 05:17 PM
I think he could do with a rest, Taiwo, Stanton, Robertson and Horribine are fine by me, presuming that Thomson is not an option.

gaz1875
26-01-2014, 05:33 PM
He frustrates me with these aimless lob passes to know one, and his inability to run forward with the ball at his feet. Was he like that at the Saints?? :confused:

truehibernian
26-01-2014, 05:46 PM
Craig struggled today. It wasn't his day but im happy with his overall contribution. He's scored more goals in this last month than TT will score in his career.....thats why talk of him dropping out or wide is way off the mark in my opinion. I know its not always easy but I would like to see him pick a pass on the grass more often.

He was so off the pace today brooster I thought he was carrying a bug or a knock - his lack of tracking runners was shocking and him dropping deep and not staying close to his man led to a gulf between Collins and the midfield. His 'pitch and put' type passing annoyed me today, he lacked drive.

If we are intent at times to play a long ball then he needs to be higher up the pitch to anticipate a knock down or possession being lost in that central area - too often he was deep and almost on top of Nelson and Jordon. It surprises me because he has some left peg on him and he has a tremendous shot on him.

Needs to be more switched on for me. Also thought Alex Harris had a bit of a mare today if I'm being honest - not as confident as he normally is taking on a man. That said both 'Tic full backs are lightening and they didn't get forward much.

Vault Boy
26-01-2014, 05:52 PM
He frustrates me with these aimless lob passes to know one, and his inability to run forward with the ball at his feet. Was he like that at the Saints?? :confused:

He hasn't been like that in a number of games for us so I wouldn't have thought so

Sir David Gray
26-01-2014, 06:07 PM
I was delighted to hear that we were signing him as he's a player I've admired for some time.

However he's certainly not playing for us like he was with St Johnstone.

I do think he is playing too deep, which isn't helping.

Heisenberg
26-01-2014, 06:08 PM
He's simply not a playmaker. He also struggles to match runs from the midfield. Stick him further forward and let him attack.

Inch Hibs
26-01-2014, 06:10 PM
He's simply not a playmaker. He also struggles to match runs from the midfield. Stick him further forward and let him attack.

Stick him wide right next week with Robbo, Stanton and TT in the middle and Harris on the other flank. :agree:

J-C
26-01-2014, 06:20 PM

:top marks:agree:

greenlex
26-01-2014, 06:33 PM
His poorest game for Hibs today

SMAXXA
26-01-2014, 06:36 PM
Woeful today but still rate him and like him as a player. Move on and get it out his mind and not the next game is my view.

DaveF
26-01-2014, 06:37 PM

Agree, with this.

He was very effective for Saints as an attacking option and he will be for us once TB and co get the right players around him.

Bishop Hibee
26-01-2014, 06:40 PM

Spot on. He was poor today but never hid and kept on trying.

Bobby's Cinema
26-01-2014, 06:41 PM
Poor today in pretty much all departments. soft in the tackle.

He is guilty too often offloading square or backward instead of driving the team on and forcing it himself, which is more the type of player I thought he was.

You would expect some of the onus to be taken of him with more creative players Harris Stanton and Zoubir on the park, and the defensive job is obviously the one he's been asked to do today with us likely to become exposed. He done it poorly though.

He is capable though and you would expect him to improve.

mcfly
26-01-2014, 06:52 PM
He's a massive disappointment, not a leader and spends too much time moaning at the refs.

I don't rate him at all... Stanton is the future

Heisenberg
26-01-2014, 06:56 PM
He's a massive disappointment, not a leader and spends too much time moaning at the refs.

I don't rate him at all... Stanton is the future

That's the problem. Stanton came in today and played very well behind Collins, which is where I'd have liked to see Craig play. Craig makes good forward runs into the box and can hit a decent strike. He's wasted playing so deep.

Bobo
26-01-2014, 06:57 PM
Craig had no influence on the game at all, he was sadly posted missing today and not for the first time! As club captain and one of our more experienced players he should be leading by example instead of leaving it to others to pick up the gauntlet. He's a better player than he's shown so far in a Hibs shirt, he needs to start performing and making a more telling contribution to the team.

Jonnyboy
26-01-2014, 07:04 PM
Craig had no influence on the game at all, he was sadly posted missing today and not for the first time! As club captain and one of our more experienced players he should be leading by example instead of leaving it to others to pick up the gauntlet. He's a better player than he's shown so far in a Hibs shirt, he needs to start performing and making a more telling contribution to the team.

Other than continually noising up Craig Thomson which is surely a plus point? :wink:

Bobo
26-01-2014, 07:17 PM
Other than continually noising up Craig Thomson which is surely a plus point? :wink:

John there was enough of us in the stands trying to noise up that B*****d today! he just thrives on it because he's got more neck than a Giraffe! Liam should have taken one for the team and booted Thomson in the plums :wink:

It's a good point you make though, I think Craig was letting Thomson's poor performance influence his own one too much today.

Jonnyboy
26-01-2014, 07:19 PM
John there was enough of us in the stands trying to noise up that B*****d today! he just thrives on it because he's got more neck than a Giraffe! Liam should have taken one for the team and booted Thomson in the plums :wink:

It's a good point you make though, I think Craig was letting Thomson's poor performance influence his own one too much today.

Agree Bobo. Craig expended more effort in bollocking Thomson than he did on anything else (except his wonderful slide tackle that cleaned Nelson out in the first half!)

Bobo
26-01-2014, 07:26 PM
Agree Bobo. Craig expended more effort in bollocking Thomson than he did on anything else (except his wonderful slide tackle that cleaned Nelson out in the first half!)

:greengrin that was about the only tackle he made.

Borderhibbie76
26-01-2014, 07:26 PM
Sadly im not sure I rate liam not impressed me much at all this season and dont understand why he was made captain. He was pretty poor under wee pat and been no better under TB, other than 1 decent game up at Tannadice. I do agree that he is playing too deep tho...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Jonnyboy
26-01-2014, 07:27 PM
:greengrin that was about the only tackle he made.

:greengrin

I find it intriguing that when Pat was boss there was a huge outcry on here to have Craig moved from wide left to a central position and now he's there we've got some folk saying he should be played out wide :greengrin

Inch Hibs
26-01-2014, 07:29 PM

Craig hates Thompson that was evident. Had a shocker today but still gives it his all and never hides - the same kind of comments attributed to Lewis when he gets criticised but it's glaringly silent when it's not Lewis that's getting it in the neck.

Jonnyboy
26-01-2014, 07:32 PM
Craig hates Thompson that was evident. Had a shocker today but still gives it his all and never hides - the same kind of comments attributed to Lewis when he gets criticised but it's glaringly silent when it's not Lewis that's getting it in the neck.

You've got the wrong man if you're implying I slate Lewis :wink:

Andy74
26-01-2014, 07:32 PM
:greengrin

I find it intriguing that when Pat was boss there was a huge outcry on here to have Craig moved from wide left to a central position and now he's there we've got some folk saying he should be played out wide :greengrin

Central wouldn't be too bad if it was an advanced position. Kind of where Stanton was.

I find it more intriguing that quite a few are seeing a 4-0 defeat as further sign of the supposed progress!

Nice that folk are going out their way to see some positives though!!

Jonnyboy
26-01-2014, 07:34 PM
Central wouldn't be too bad if it was an advanced position. Kind of where Stanton was.

I find it more intriguing that quite a few are seeing a 4-0 defeat as further sign of the supposed progress!

I must have missed those posts Andy. There were positives today though, maybe you missed them? :wink:

LioNeilMessi
26-01-2014, 07:36 PM
Poor game today but he has won us a fair amount of points this season with his goals. To say he's a disappointing signing is a bit OTT.

hibsbollah
26-01-2014, 07:39 PM

Even Lennon admitted the scoreline flattered Celtc. If you can't see the obvious positives that we can take from today's performance then you're letting your Pat-love influence your judgement.

Its over, Andy. Move on.

malagahibby
26-01-2014, 07:39 PM
Poor game today but he has won us a fair amount of points this season with his goals. To say he's a disappointing signing is a bit OTT.

He has been one of our better players all season.
He struggles against Brown Commons etc and all of a sudden he is rotten .
FFS

Andy74
26-01-2014, 07:40 PM
I must have missed those posts Andy. There were positives today though, maybe you missed them? :wink:

There were some. Two were Taiwo and Zoubir who probably should have had more game time recently.

Stanton was very good.

Craig out if position and woeful.

Defence and keeper pretty poor and some awful errors.

Some nice football from the attacking players but overall lacked the intensity and control we've had in the last couple if home games against them.

JimBHibees
26-01-2014, 07:40 PM

I think there were positives some of the attacking play was pretty good especially Stanton. Some comic book defending though and we certainly got no decisions from the cheat.Never a 4-0 game in a million years.

hibsbollah
26-01-2014, 07:41 PM

:agree: our leading scorer from midfield and a very good signing. Today was his worst performance in a Hibs shirt but everyone has bad days.

Ronniekirk
26-01-2014, 07:51 PM

Wasn't there ,but think in any game under butcher there will be positives to take of some description .Just because we have now lost three on trot there is tendency for some to feel we are slipping back the way..I think he will now know better the bigger changes he needs to make in the summer to have cover in defence . But he now has to get them back on an unbeaten run starting with the Raith game .Am confident he will do that and when we know at end of week who he has brought in we can better gauge where we may end up in the league

Eyrie
26-01-2014, 07:54 PM
I've consistently said that Craig has been poor since Butcher moved him to a deeper role.

With McGivern out and Stevenson playing LB, now is the ideal time to move Craig back to the left of midfield and give him an attacking brief.

Keith_M
26-01-2014, 07:57 PM

Are people REALLY saying that or does it just fit some warped agenda you have?

I imagine you as being like some sad old git that sits next to people in the park talking to uninterested passers by about the glory days of pop music and how the Beatles should never have split up... only, in your case, it's how much better things were under Fenlon.

Inch Hibs
26-01-2014, 08:00 PM
You've got the wrong man if you're implying I slate Lewis :wink:

Not at all mate I was just talking in general. People are quick to stick up for Lewis as he tries hard and never hides yet when it comes to Craig the same rules don't apply. Don't understand why?

leggeto
26-01-2014, 08:02 PM

poor today but every good player hits a bad run at times,he is important to us because when he plays well the team plays well and if he doesn't we would probably lose

Inch Hibs

I imagine you as being like some sad old git that sits next to people in the park talking to uninterested passers by about the glory days of pop music and how the Beatles should never have split up... only, in your case, it's how much better things were under Fenlon.

Spot on. Although the Beatles where amazingly successful. Fenlon was a complete embarrassment.

Andy74

Perhaps it was the PM board but yes, posts saying it was better than the previous draw or win against them.

That's the sort if daft thing that keeps getting said in here recently so after everything I've been getting told consistently for the last few months I'm entitled to respond thanks.

I like Butcher but it's clear he needs his own team to manage. We are taking some positives here and there, quite right , but his management of the same players is illustrating that a lot the comments about the previous one were over the top.

Weir7
26-01-2014, 08:10 PM

He played no 10 role at fir park earlier in season. He was poor. I was speaking to the St Johnstone manager at that game and they wouldn't play him in a central role.

Craig needs dropped.

The Voice Of Reason
26-01-2014, 08:15 PM
FAO Andy 74 :-

Butcher is managing FENLON'S team. We were a bottom 6 team under Fenlon and results/performances were dire.

Fenlon failed at Hibs - a miracle worker would struggle with this lot.

You are a cracking judge of football though - you still insisting that Edwin De Graaf is a decent player?!?

Your Fenlon love in has reached the embarrassing stage and frankly you are now making a fool of yourself.

Please change the record - there's a good lad.

mutley
26-01-2014, 09:21 PM
Just putting this out there, MK 7 Kevlar helmet on, BUT anyone think that Liam has progressively gone south since he took over as Captain? Maybe the extra pressure is getting to him?
Maybe it was just a bad day, but when he first came to us he seemed more attack minded

Saorsa
26-01-2014, 09:28 PM

Nice that folk are going out their way to see some positives though!!Fenlon is gone, Hughes is long gone, get over it.

Diclonius
26-01-2014, 09:43 PM
Funny how Craig has come in for absolutely no criticism since he was moved to the middle, yet one bad game and he should be dropped.

Depressing.

Tricla
26-01-2014, 09:50 PM
Stick him wide right next week with Robbo, Stanton and TT in the middle and Harris on the other flank. :agree:

Stick Craig wide right?

And Williams left back with Collins centre half?

Saorsa
26-01-2014, 09:50 PM
Funny how Craig has come in for absolutely no criticism since he was moved to the middle, yet one bad game and he should be dropped.

Depressing.Did you watch him against St.Mirren?

The Harp Awakes
26-01-2014, 09:58 PM
He played no 10 role at fir park earlier in season. He was poor. I was speaking to the St Johnstone manager at that game and they wouldn't play him in a central role.

Craig needs dropped.

Never a central midfielder. At his best on the left midfield and playing in the oppositions half. He was a good player at St Johnstone in that role. Also don't think having the responsibility of the captains role has helped him. Other than the derby when I thought he was decent, he hasn't kicked a ball since he was made captain.

Eyrie
26-01-2014, 10:44 PM
Just putting this out there, MK 7 Kevlar helmet on, BUT anyone think that Liam has progressively gone south since he took over as Captain? Maybe the extra pressure is getting to him?
Maybe it was just a bad day, but when he first came to us he seemed more attack minded

I think his overall play has suffered more from being moved to a deeper and central role than from the captaincy, but both happened at the same time. With Taiwo's display today and McGivern being out, Craig can return to his best position of left midfield and we can have Harris on the right.

Kaiserclem
26-01-2014, 11:19 PM
I will be honest, I want Craig to be a good player and do a job for us. Yes he has scored a few goals for us this season but is he a midfielder who will pick a pass, split defences with precision or run a game from the middle of the park. IMO No! Hope I am wrong but he simply is not good enough. He is better than anyone else we have, except Robertson (different styles etc.) but he wasn't even the main man at the saints. I think. Butcher &. malpas jumped in with both feet making him captain as a cpl of times they have substituted Robertson ahead of him when he has been the Bette player on the day. Too slow ( thinking wise) and first touch is as bad as his passing. Hope I am wrong though and will continue to support him week in week out.

Kaiserclem
26-01-2014, 11:28 PM

Agreed, been poor for us, goals apart, mad not a leader. Nelson is a leader & seems to be bringing Hanlon along nicely. Think we need two new central midfielders with a bit of drive and pace. Want. Craig to be good but lack of footballing ability is standing out a mile.

Ronniekirk
26-01-2014, 11:34 PM
FAO Andy 74 :-

Butcher is managing FENLON'S team. We were a bottom 6 team under Fenlon and results/performances were dire.

Fenlon failed at Hibs - a miracle worker would struggle with this lot.

You are a cracking judge of football though - you still insisting that Edwin De Graaf is a decent player?!?

Your Fenlon love in has reached the embarrassing stage and frankly you are now making a fool of yourself.

Please change the record - there's a good lad.

Now I understand why you are The Voice Of Reason:top marks

J-C
27-01-2014, 12:01 AM
Perhaps it was the PM board but yes, posts saying it was better than the previous draw or win against them.

That's the sort if daft thing that keeps getting said in here recently so after everything I've been getting told consistently for the last few months I'm entitled to respond thanks.

I like Butcher but it's clear he needs his own team to manage. We are taking some positives here and there, quite right , but his management of the same players is illustrating that a lot the comments about the previous one were over the top.

We may not have got beat 0-4 by Celtic under Fenlon but I'm damned sure we would not have had a single shot on goal either, this is the difference between the two managers. At least TB will try to play decent football and go for goals, Fenlon was a bottle merchant who was happy to scrape draws week in week out. :confused:

Big90inOz
27-01-2014, 03:40 AM
Liam Craig is just another run of the mill midfielder with no pace, how have we managed to gather so many slow players in one side?
We very rarely ever win a header in midfield especially from our own kick outs, we make space but then have no pace to make use of it and invariably get caught/ taken over by the opposition. The amount of times we were out muscled in midfield yesterday is also a worry, too easy to push us off the ball.

It was never a 4-0 game.

Potty78
27-01-2014, 08:00 AM
Without Craig's goals we would be 7-10 points worse off. Don't think he is being used properly.He has had his poor games but we have no other goal threat from midfield and his delivery is decent. All about opinions though!

Beefster
27-01-2014, 08:30 AM

You may be talking about my post that pointed out that we had more shots, more shots on goal, more corners and no less possession yesterday then we did in the 1-1 draw at ER earlier in the season. Had Butcher decided to subject us to turgid pish with everyone behind the ball and taking very little chances, he might have scraped a draw yesterday too.

The post wasn't to claim the defeat as a sign of 'supposed progress' though. It was to counter your inevitable digs about how Fenlon was no worse, and possibly even better, than Butcher. You didn't let me down.

I find it pretty sad that someone who defended piss-poor managers to the bitter end on a couple of occasions (it may be more - I have a feeling you were defending Calderwood to the end too) is at the forefront of not giving the new manager time or a bit of leeway. You might dress it up as being behind Butcher but you're not as subtle as you think you are. You're going out of your way to criticise IMHO. As I've said before, I suspect that you love the attention though.

Bare stats might make the case that Butcher isn't getting much more out of Fenlon's team than Fenlon was. The way that I feel when a game approaches tells me something else completely.

Unseen work
27-01-2014, 08:33 AM
To be honest iv not seen any game this season where I thought he was brilliant.
At left wing he was scoring quite a bit but not involved to much in the game,
Centre mid he runs about like a mad man with no real positional awareness. He dives in an awful lot too making it easy for the opposition. Prime example yesterday when the Celtic player faked a shot from 30 yards and Craig slid past him. Also his passing isn't good enough for the role he's been asked.

I'm waiting to see with how butcher deals with his form but to me he wouldn't be starting going on recent showing

Weir7
27-01-2014, 08:34 AM
We may not have got beat 0-4 by Celtic under Fenlon but I'm damned sure we would not have had a single shot on goal either, this is the difference between the two managers. At least TB will try to play decent football and go for goals, Fenlon was a bottle merchant who was happy to scrape draws week in week out. :confused:
Decent football????

Watching nelson, craig, ryand and others smash it long. Nobody taking a touch. Not my view of decent fitba.

Iceman1875
27-01-2014, 08:41 AM
Decent player but needs to learn how to pass the damn ball accurately! So frustrating yesterday, could see Mauris going wild on the touch line after a few wayward passes and rightly so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Sea-gull
27-01-2014, 08:46 AM

I think the key part is the first bit of the last paragraph here. Butcher is struggling to get results and consistency with Fenlon's team. Fenlon struggled to get results and consistency with Fenlons' team.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-01-2014, 10:01 AM
Needs to stop playing too deep! But I do recall him saying that TB likes one of the CM's (usually Robbo) to push up and one of them to sit back (Craig?) Hopefully this isn't a permanent thing because he is good attacking player who needs to be further up. When hes sitting deep like he is now he is IMO, anonymous.

J-C
27-01-2014, 10:09 AM
Needs to stop playing too deep! But I do recall him saying that TB likes one of the CM's (usually Robbo) to push up and one of them to sit back (Craig?) Hopefully this isn't a permanent thing because he is good attacking player who needs to be further up. When hes sitting deep like he is now he is IMO, anonymous.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, TB played 4-2-3-1 at ICT, so I don't understand why he's not playing this way at ER, we have the players to play that system.

Back four is as we have it until new players come in.

Holding midfielder(Taiwo,Thomson,OTJ)
Box2box mid (Robertson, Stanton, Horribine)

Winger right (Harris, Zoubir, Cairney)

Attacking playmaker (Craig, Stanton, Cairney)

Winger left(Stevenson, Harris, Cairney)

Striker(Collins, Heffernan, Handling, Cummings)

These players all fit in easily to that system, it gives the team balance and will push them higher up the pitch.

allmodcons
27-01-2014, 03:26 PM
He has been one of our better players all season.
He struggles against Brown Commons etc and all of a sudden he is rotten .
FFS

:agree: our leading scorer from midfield and a very good signing. Today was his worst performance in a Hibs shirt but everyone has bad days.

Glad to see some common sense on another wise depressing thread.

Liam Craig is one our better players. He's also our top scorer (from midfield) ffs. He has a poor game against the best side the SPL (by a country mile) and there are some on here suggesting he should be dropped.

I have nothing against Tom Taiwo, he had a good game yesterday, but he isn't half the player Craig is.

I can see the argument for playing him further forward but if we are simply going to drop Liam Craig, who will replace him? It's not as is we have an abundance of goal scoring midfielders ffs.

For the record, can someone confirm who is the next best goal scoring midfielder at the club and how many times he has scored this season.

Scouse Hibee
27-01-2014, 03:54 PM

Liam Craig is one our better players. He's also our top scorer (from midfield) ffs. He has a poor game against the best side the SPL (by a country mile) and there are some on here suggesting he should be dropped.

I have nothing against Tom Taiwo, he had a good game yesterday, but he isn't half the player Craig is.

I can see the argument for playing him further forward but if we are simply going to drop Liam Craig, who will replace him? It's not as is we have an abundance of goal scoring midfielders ffs.

For the record, can someone confirm who is the next best goal scoring midfielder at the club and how many times he has scored this season.

:confused: People watch yesterdays game and recent games, people comment on games and performance of player in games and give an opinion that is shared by most who watched the games, what is depressing about that? He's playing ****** at the moment get over it.

allmodcons
27-01-2014, 03:56 PM
:confused: People watch yesterdays game and recent games, people comment on games and performance of player in games and give an opinion that is shared by most who watched the games, what is depressing about that?

Fine, but 'people' need to say who's going to replace him if he 'needs dropping'.

jacomo
27-01-2014, 03:57 PM

Give us a chance - we haven't been ground down by the new management team yet. :wink:

jacomo
27-01-2014, 04:01 PM

I agree ffs.

Liam Craig has scored a significant proportion of our goals this season but is struggling in his new role.

Personally I think he is more like a cut price No.10, he should play nearer the front man.

Tyler Durden
27-01-2014, 07:35 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again, TB played 4-2-3-1 at ICT, so I don't understand why he's not playing this way at ER, we have the players to play that system.

I'm interested as to what formation you thought Hibs played yesterday?

J-C
27-01-2014, 09:11 PM
It was 4 2 3 1 and we looked half decent and comfortable but he played an attacking midfielder in Craig as a holding player, this us the 1st game he's played this system and if it wasn't for poor defending we'd have got something out of it.

Tyler Durden
27-01-2014, 10:14 PM
It was 4 2 3 1 and we looked half decent and comfortable but he played an attacking midfielder in Craig as a holding player, this us the 1st game he's played this system and if it wasn't for poor defending we'd have got something out of it.

Glad we're agreed - wondered what game I'd watched!

Craig is definitely going through a poor spell but talk of dropping him is premature to me. Just need to adjust the balance so he can push forward more often. He'll not have many games where his passing is as bad as yesterday. Hopefully this break does him good

J-C
27-01-2014, 10:51 PM
Glad we're agreed - wondered what game I'd watched!

Craig is definitely going through a poor spell but talk of dropping him is premature to me. Just need to adjust the balance so he can push forward more often. He'll not have many games where his passing is as bad as yesterday. Hopefully this break does him good

That's the thing he's not a DLP who can thread passes all over the field, it's never been his forte, Thomson is the player at the club who can do that but he seems to have had a wee bit of a tiff with MM. Craig played in the hole at St Johnstone, had tons of assists and scored 8 goals.