PDA

View Full Version : Stanton

ColintonHibs
26-01-2014, 02:13 PM
Played well. Looks like he will be a big player for us in the future

Heisenberg
26-01-2014, 02:15 PM
Very good first start from the young man. Hope he gets a good chance over the next few weeks.

B.H.F.C
26-01-2014, 02:23 PM
Best player by a mile today. If only others were as comfortable on the ball.

I'm_cabbaged
26-01-2014, 02:24 PM
Take a bow young man.

Hermit Crab
26-01-2014, 03:04 PM
Showed up a few of his more experienced team mates today, well done young man others please take note.

Nevi_SOL
26-01-2014, 03:05 PM
Major positive today. Looked happy to attack and track back

Brightside
26-01-2014, 03:06 PM
Super player - just needs to work on final ball. Harris needs to learn a few more tricks!

DaveF
26-01-2014, 03:07 PM
Very impressive performance from him today. Good work rate, passing and showed an eye for goal with that excellent turn and shot.

Surely worth a few game run to see if he can continue in that vein.

gaz1875
26-01-2014, 03:08 PM
At last a player that looks to go forward when receiving the ball, Liam Craig take note!!!

Inch Hibs
26-01-2014, 03:08 PM
2 fantastic performances in a row. Like a young Scott Brown :agree:

Pray4Marc
26-01-2014, 03:11 PM
Anyone confirm when his contract expires?. He is definitely the type of player we will make a profit on.

Frogga
26-01-2014, 03:14 PM
He's really surprised me as I thought he would be another Kurtis Byrne-type player who fades away into obscurity. Great effort for the shot which Forster produced a top-drawer save from!

down-the-slope
26-01-2014, 03:15 PM
had high hopes for him when I first saw him in u19's when he was a skinny wee winger..but with pace and ability to dribble

Now he has grown and has more upper body strength I think he has the potential to become very important player for us and another real product of EM which is also pleasing.

It was a very good first start and full 90 which he looked above a good number..only faded last 10/15 which is to be expected...took his chance well and should be one of first names down for next game

Dibben
26-01-2014, 03:16 PM
Played very well. Definitely deserves a start next week.

Hermit Crab
26-01-2014, 03:19 PM
Played very well. Definitely deserves a start next week.

Pedant alert! No game next week :greengrin

Up The Bracket
26-01-2014, 03:24 PM
Anyone confirm when his contract expires?. He is definitely the type of player we will make a profit on.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11792/8050601/hibernian-teenager-sam-stanton-has-signed-a-new-three-year-contract

Jack Hackett
26-01-2014, 03:28 PM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11792/8050601/hibernian-teenager-sam-stanton-has-signed-a-new-three-year-contract

Good stuff :aok:

JollyGreenGiant
26-01-2014, 03:34 PM
Have to agree, thought he had a great game today, definitely one for the future :agree:

jodjam
26-01-2014, 03:36 PM
Really enjoyed watching him today. Always looking to go forward and his head never went down when things didn't come off.

Inch Hibs
26-01-2014, 03:36 PM
Good stuff :aok:

Runs out the end of next season. Get him on a long term contract pronto. :agree:

Wotherspiniesta
26-01-2014, 03:38 PM
Fantastic display by young Sam today. Deserves to keep his place next week.

Purehibee_MYB
26-01-2014, 03:41 PM
Very intelligent play at times and is aware of what is going on around him. Great game today and great to see he's grown a bit and been in the gym. Very promising!

Sent from my C1505 using Tapatalk

Pray4Marc
26-01-2014, 03:53 PM
Runs out the end of next season. Get him on a long term contract pronto. :agree:

Teams could be sniffing around him next season if he continues this form. I would give him a 5 year contract today. Can only see him improving.

Pretty Boy
26-01-2014, 03:56 PM
Didn't seen today but thought he's looked lively last couple of times I've seen him.

Deserved a start today and if he's played as well as most suggest then deserves to keep his place.

eggbamyasi
26-01-2014, 04:44 PM
Thoughy he was excellent today , tb gotta keep him in team . Also though harris is getting back to full fitness and better each week .

banchoryhibs
26-01-2014, 04:48 PM
Hopefully Terry will nurture his talent and won't demand too much of him this season. He looks excellent and I've high hopes that he will be one that stars later this season and much more next.
:agree:

Bishop Hibee
26-01-2014, 04:49 PM
He was excellent today. On that performance he looks like a great asset for us.

JimBHibees
26-01-2014, 04:50 PM
Excellent performance. Well done Sam.

Unseen work
26-01-2014, 05:00 PM
What I like about him is his instant control of the ball and his awareness. Also when he passes he fires it in confidently with pace.

The bit of skill he done edge of the box against izaguirre was fantastic

Inch Hibs
26-01-2014, 05:03 PM
Teams could be sniffing around him next season if he continues this form. I would give him a 5 year contract today. Can only see him improving.

Totally. :agree:

AlbertK86
26-01-2014, 05:23 PM
Yep absolutely excellent today.

Not only very skilful but worked his socks off to close opposition down .... Zoubir ... Take note re closing down

The_Horde
26-01-2014, 05:24 PM
Reminded me of dean shiels.

J-C
26-01-2014, 05:29 PM
The lads got class written all over him, strolled the game, great vision and loves to attack, get him player regularly Terry.

Seveno
26-01-2014, 05:31 PM
His performance was the best part of the day. Seems to have real talent and added that bit of creativity that has been lacking for too long.

Billy Whizz
26-01-2014, 05:51 PM
Been banging on about getting him in the team for weeks. Just need to find out what his best position is.

Jonnyboy
26-01-2014, 05:54 PM
Excellent from Sammy who definitely has the ability to go on in the game.

nribs
26-01-2014, 05:59 PM
Probably the best full debut I have seen from one off our youngsters since John Collins?? Can anyone else think off a better full debut from a youngster?

number9dream
26-01-2014, 05:59 PM
Looks like a clever, confident player. He could be the answer at no.10 if he keeps developing.

Pretty Boy
26-01-2014, 06:04 PM
Should give him the number 4 shirt next season.

Imagine the sales revenue from shirts with 4 Stanton on the back.

Eyrie
26-01-2014, 06:37 PM
Very impressed by Stanton's performance today, and looking forward to him building on it.

Billy Whizz
26-01-2014, 06:41 PM

Great idea commercially, but not sure we want to put too much pressure on the young mans shoulders

Diclonius
26-01-2014, 07:05 PM

I imagine Hanlon wouldn't be too happy with that.

EVENTUALLY
26-01-2014, 07:22 PM
Been banging on about getting him in the team for weeks. Just need to find out what his best position is.

As have I. He's the most naturally talented player in the squad. He should now be in every week with Harris Forster and Handling. They are the future.

NorthNorfolkHFC
26-01-2014, 07:38 PM
As have I. He's the most naturally talented player in the squad. He should now be in every week with Harris Forster and Handling. They are the future.

Don't think I'd include Handling but I think Harris, Stanton, Cummings & Forster could be real stars for Hibs. We need to build a team around them.

Keep these guys together and who knows where we could go, could make a tidy profit if we are sensible as well.

Dumfrieshibs
26-01-2014, 09:58 PM
I think young Stanton has a swagger and confidence about his play . Not afraid to try something different and doesn't let his head go down or hide if it doesn't come off . A very refreshing change....

McKenzie
26-01-2014, 10:21 PM
Handling Stanton Harris should be an attacking 3 in behind Collins. Thought Sammy was the most creative player on the park.

Ronniekirk
26-01-2014, 10:21 PM
I think young Stanton has a swagger and confidence about his play . Not afraid to try something different and doesn't let his head go down or hide if it doesn't come off . A very refreshing change....

thats why he was given three year contract a year or so ago and handling and Caldwell only got one year extensions .Mind you Callum Booth got a great contract for a young player and it seemed to go to his head Agree Stanton looks to have potential to be a good un .but needs to find consistent performance level once he does get regular game time.

snooky
26-01-2014, 10:23 PM
thats why he was given three year contract a year or so ago and handling and Caldwell only got one year extensions .Mind you Callum Booth got a great contract for a young player and it seemed to go to his head Agree Stanton looks to have potential to be a good un .but needs to find consistent performance level once he does get regular game time.

Please explain :confused:

gorgie greens
26-01-2014, 10:26 PM
Don't think I'd include Handling but I think Harris, Stanton, Cummings & Forster could be real stars for Hibs. We need to build a team around them.

Keep these guys together and who knows where we could go, could make a tidy profit if we are sensible as well.

All i can say is the Hearts must have some world class youngsters if they have the best kids in Scotland,everyone of the above have the ability to go places in the game,hopefully we can have the enjoyment of having them for a good few years yet.

Ronniekirk
26-01-2014, 10:29 PM
Please explain :confused:

Rumour was his attitude wasn't as good in training and outside his lifestyle was hampering him .Allegedly so hence put out on loan and never given second bite at cherry but even this summer he will still have a year of contract to go .

Northern Hibby
26-01-2014, 10:31 PM
Is there not a young Rb we can bring through Too?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-01-2014, 10:34 PM
I know Sam well as he was at my high school and we are pals, it is fantastic to see him doing well for his boyhood club and long may it continue. Can only get better!

snooky
26-01-2014, 10:45 PM
Rumour was his attitude wasn't as good in training and outside his lifestyle was hampering him .Allegedly so hence put out on loan and never given second bite at cherry but even this summer he will still have a year of contract to go .

Okay. Just for the record, those rumours re his 'lifestyle' are untrue.

SMAXXA
26-01-2014, 10:57 PM
;3884838']Reminded me of dean shiels.

Thats quite a good comparison, can see that aswell.

Greencore
27-01-2014, 12:35 AM
Him and Harris on the wings, brilliant.

Nevi_SOL
27-01-2014, 12:57 AM
Is there not a young Rb we can bring through Too?

Andy Black promising youngster

Inch Hibs
27-01-2014, 01:11 AM

Rumour is absolute ***** then Ronald. And for what it's worth he's know as the hardest trainer at Raith.

He was brought into the side far too soon and he will still make it pro wise, maybe not with us.

spike220
27-01-2014, 06:52 AM
2 fantastic performances in a row. Like a young Scott Brown :agree:

He looked a better player than Brown yesterday.

matty_f
27-01-2014, 07:19 AM
I posted after the Aberdeen match that for me, Stanton hadn't really shown he was up to it at this level yet.

Yesterday he showed he is good enough and then some. I thought he was the best player on the park and looked a fantastic prospect against by far and away the best side in the league.

Unseen work
27-01-2014, 07:30 AM
Agree with Stanton Harris and handling being the attacking 3. All have good touch, composure and vision as well as having a real understanding with each other.

MB62
27-01-2014, 07:37 AM
TBH, I've not been as impressed in the past as others have been about Sam. However yesterday's performance has converted me as I thought he was excellent. Totally deserves to keep his place in the team and Robertson should find his backside gathering splinters on the bench for a while, unless he replaces the out of form Craig.

Well done young Sam though.

Iceman1875
27-01-2014, 07:45 AM
Not sure who else but I'd start to build a team around Williams, Forster, hanlon, Stevenson, Harris, Stanton and handling. If I had one doubt it would be over the physical build of out new crop. Out with Forster they all could benefit from a few protein shakes and sessions in the gym. IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unseen work
27-01-2014, 07:52 AM
Not sure who else but I'd start to build a team around Williams, Forster, hanlon, Stevenson, Harris, Stanton and handling. If I had one doubt it would be over the physical build of out new crop. Out with Forster they all could benefit from a few protein shakes and sessions in the gym. IMO.

I think for how slim Stanton is he copes very well physically and doesn't get pushed about.
The one I want in the gym is zoubir, he looks painfully weak

Iceman1875
27-01-2014, 07:54 AM
I think for how slim Stanton is he copes very well physically and doesn't get pushed about.
The one I want in the gym is zoubir, he looks painfully weak

Agreed. Stanton glides like a young KT did but offers far more IMO going forward.

MB62
27-01-2014, 08:17 AM

I said this after the cup final last season. The 'dodgers' bullied us physically and there was a big difference in upper body strength. Didn't think it was maybe quite as obvious yesterday but a bit of weight training to bulk up would not go amiss for a lot of our lads.

The_Horde
27-01-2014, 08:21 AM
I agree that some of our players could put more muscle mass on but when it comes to playing teams like Celtic in don't think this matters. Celtic can afford to sign your typical big quick athletic players that can also play a fair bit and will probably move onto the English premiership.

A prime example of this is the centre back van dijk, I think one of his legs were about the size of Stevenson but boy can he play as well. Sadly until there are restrictions on wages/spending power this league will always be the same.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-01-2014, 08:40 AM
Zoubir Stanton & Harris - take a bow.

J-C
27-01-2014, 08:51 AM
;3885612']I agree that some of our players could put more muscle mass on but when it comes to playing teams like Celtic in don't think this matters. Celtic can afford to sign your typical big quick athletic players that can also play a fair bit and will probably move onto the English premiership.

A prime example of this is the centre back van dijk, I think one of his legs were about the size of Stevenson but boy can he play as well. Sadly until there are restrictions on wages/spending power this league will always be the same.

Would also make a difference if the thousands of glory hunters supported their local team instead of heading west every fortnight, imagine adding 5-7 thousand fans to ER regularly, Aberdeen have had a big increase in fans and look at the players they're bringing in.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-01-2014, 09:04 AM
Would also make a difference if the thousands of glory hunters supported their local team instead of heading west every fortnight, imagine adding 5-7 thousand fans to ER regularly, Aberdeen have had a big increase in fans and look at the players they're bringing in.

Sure Sheeps crowds are up by 28%:agree:

Boyle89
27-01-2014, 12:19 PM
Stanton hasn't impressed me until recently. Granted before then there wasn't much time to impress but after that performance I want him starting and us giving him the ball at often as possible. Thought Harris, Stanton and zoubir all played well.

Greenworld
28-01-2014, 10:47 AM

A profit he has done nothing yet and can we enjoy having
him for a while first

Ronniekirk
28-01-2014, 11:00 AM
Sure Sheeps crowds are up by 28%:agree:

I made a similar point on anther thread , but was provided with info,so will leave it to others to provide you with stats etc Seemingly it's a short term thing and won't last . I am not so sure but am concentrating on my own team from now on .

Ronniekirk
28-01-2014, 11:05 AM
A profit he has done nothing yet and can we enjoy having
him for a while first

profit and loss that's why Petrie is an accountant will be music to his ears Thankfully he is tied into a longer contract so he won't be going anywhere this summer.Injury has hampered his progress so good to see him making an impact but as with all young players there will be inconsistency so let's not do a Harris on him and burden him with the pressure we seem to put on young players to deliver too quickly.

Borderhibbie76
28-01-2014, 11:14 AM
When is sammy contracted until? Anyone know??

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Pray4Marc
28-01-2014, 12:18 PM
When is sammy contracted until? Anyone know??

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Contract expires next summer.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-01-2014, 02:28 PM
When we played in the same Hutchie team a Man United scout asked him to go down for trials but he rejected it.