PDA

View Full Version : Player ratings

Humo
26-01-2014, 02:06 PM
Williams 6 - couldn't really do much and I don't think that he was at fault for the goals.

Stevenson - 6 played alright but would prefer an actual LB.
Nelson - 5 showing delivery as usual but his tackling was ok. Think he was at fault for the first goal.
Forster - 6 played alright but personally I think he plays better at RB
Maybury - 5 Can't cross and offers nothing in attack. Did a lot better in defense than I thought he would. Wasn't at fault for the penalty as it wasn't a foul IMO.

Harris 6 - looked lazy in the first half but I think that is due to fitness and returning from injury. Second half was a lot better.
Stanton -7 glad he started and hope he does in the future.
Craig - 4 If he doesn't start acting like a layer LET ALONE OUR CAPTAIN then he better leave. Worst performance from him yet and have liked him so far this season.
Tawio - 8 MOM workes his socks off. Don't thimk I saw him walk or even jog once. Was up and in their faces from start to finish but looked exhausted when he was subbed.
Zoubir - 7 needs to work on his corssing to be better utilised out wide but always tried to take a man on and wanted to attack.

Collins 6 tries really hard but should have done better in the few chances he had. Should have had a penalty.

Ref - (-10) how is he allowed to ref our matches? Hibs need to do something about him!

Overall we didnt deserve to win but we sure as hell didn't deserve to lose by 4. Thought a draw or celtic winning by 1 wouls have been fair

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Amit
26-01-2014, 02:15 PM
Agree with Taiwo. Thought he was excellent today.

Liam Craig was murder. He should not be playing that deep.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PeterboroHibee
26-01-2014, 02:18 PM
Williams - 5 - Didnt really have too much to do other than pick the ball out of the net.

Maybury - 4 - He reads the game well enough imo but hes far too slow now, just doesnt have the legs to get forward.
Nelson - 4 - Alright dealing with long balls through the air, but hes a bit reckless at times and his distribution is awful.
Forster - 4 - As above.
Stevenson - 5 - I like Stevenson but I dont think hes really suited to LB, does better covering his LB from a midfield position and picking the ball up further up the pitch.

Zoubir - 6 - A lot of promise in that display, but we need to see more of him.
Craig - 3 - Dreadful.
Taiwo - 6 - He looked good today, works hard and prepared to get stuck in.
Stanton - 8 - Im so impressed with Stanton, he has that quality and vision that only a couple of other players in the team have and hes very positive going forward. Unlucky not to score.
Harris - 6 - Not his best game but I still think he was a danger to Celtic. Plus he is just coming back from a long term injury so I think its fair enough to expect him to take some time to get back to where he was.

Collins - 5 - I really like Collins work ethic but I still dont think he works in the system we have, hes not quick enough and the fact hes limited to his time on the ball means he tends to make bad decisions. If we stopped punting it up the pitch and actually looked to the wingers/no 10 to get balls into the box (which admittedly we did more of today) I think he would improve.

duffers
26-01-2014, 02:19 PM
Taiwo was also my MOM. Outstanding. Think he was maybe subbed off before he got sent off though....

Spike Mandela
26-01-2014, 02:19 PM
Williams 6 - Could have done more with 3rd but ok.

Stevenson - 6 got forward some but still exposed defensively
Nelson - 4 a Frankenstein's monster of a defender. Hopeless if not heading or kicking way he's facing.
Forster - 6 has had better games at RB.
Maybury - 5 Stupid shove for penalty. No attacking threat. Sooner he is coach only the better.

Harris 7 - will be nice when back to match sharpness but still good to see midfielder control the ball and play.
Stanton -8 Tailed off towards the end but deserves more starts on this display.
Craig - 5 Our poorest midfielder today.
Tawio - 7 played ok, worked hard and wouldn't be first on my list to empty this window.
Zoubir - 6 Really think we could get more out of this guy if started more often. Unlucky not to score.

Collins 6 Usual tireless performance but needs more service in six yard box than outside 18 yard box.

hibee_girl
26-01-2014, 02:24 PM
Williams 5 - wasn't at his best today

Maybury 6 - was doing well until the penalty
Nelson 4 - awful today
Forster 4 - same as Nelson
Stevenson 6 - did well but he needs to be back in midfield.

Zoubir 6 - was pleasantly surprised by him, he's clearly worked on defensive aspects of his game and he could have had 2 goals
Craig 2 - shocking from him
Taiwo 8 - my MOM
Stanton 7 - really like him, he was unlucky not to score today
Harris 6 - good at going forward but he needs to work on taking corners

Collins 5 - should have had a penalty, worked hard but not a lot came off for him.

SouthamptonHibs
26-01-2014, 02:25 PM
Williams = 3 thought he was terrible today

Stevenson = 6 decent
Forster = 3 though he was terrible 1st and 3rd goal
Nelson = 5 part in first goal, unlucky with free kick award
Maybury = 5

Craig 5 = works hard distribution terrible at times
Harris = 6 nice to see some pace in the team
Stanton = 8 mom for me. Pace skill work rate and created chances
Zuiber = 6 decent going forward
Tawio = 7 good today tackled everything

Collins 5/6 = should of had a penalty, worked hard but has no pace

Ref = 10/10 consistent all game. Gave us **** all and missed the big decisions. I gave him ten/ten as he does the same every game. Consistency is all we can ask for

Brightside
26-01-2014, 02:37 PM
Williams 5 - wasn't at his best today

Maybury 6 - was doing well until the penalty
Nelson 4 - awful today
Forster 4 - same as Nelson
Stevenson 6 - did well but he needs to be back in midfield.

Zoubir 6 - was pleasantly surprised by him, he's clearly worked on defensive aspects of his game and he could have had 2 goals
Craig 2 - shocking from him
Taiwo 8 - my MOM
Stanton 7 - really like him, he was unlucky not to score today
Harris 6 - good at going forward but he needs to work on taking corners

Collins 5 - should have had a penalty, worked hard but not a lot came off for him.

Yep agree with that. I thought 4 of our midfield were very good today, Craig was just not in the game at all. He's a waste of a player as a holding midfielder. Stanton Harris and Zouby played well, some final balls letting them down slightly. Tom Taiwo was excellent and showed why we have been missing. WE NEED A HOLDING PLAYER. Every team has one.
I'd have had Collins off for Cummings at half time it was never the game to bring on Heff.

scotiaf
26-01-2014, 02:46 PM
Yep agree with that. I thought 4 of our midfield were very good today, Craig was just not in the game at all. He's a waste of a player as a holding midfielder. Stanton Harris and Zouby played well, some final balls letting them down slightly. Tom Taiwo was excellent and showed why we have been missing. WE NEED A HOLDING PLAYER. Every team has one.
I'd have had Collins off for Cummings at half time it was never the game to bring on Heff.

I think taking Collins off for Cummings at half time would have been a terrible move, Collins is good at hold up play and strong. Cummings is still a young man and learning the trade.

Pass marks for tom t, zubby,Collins. Id say Stanton was our best player today.

It was not a 4-0 game but losing the first goal was a disaster between both central defenders.

I also think it shows how much we miss Hanlon.

Harris was fairly poor, but a young guy just returning from a long term injury.

Craig's passing today was terrible, but a holding midfield position takes away his biggest attribute.. Scoring goals

GGTTH07
26-01-2014, 02:47 PM
Zoubir was nothing of great IMO. Same step over and cut inside lost it most times. Had a good hit, that's about it.

Up The Bracket
26-01-2014, 03:01 PM
Williams - 5 - Nothing to do apart from the goals, probably should have done better with the 3rd

Maybury - 3 - I'm sorry, but he's finished, too slow defensively, stupidity for the penalty and constantly wasted the ball

Nelson - 5 - Shocking for the first goal, he's not half as good without Hanlon alongside him

Forster - 5 - As with Nelson I have no idea what he was doing for the 1st goal, relatively solid apart from that

Stevenson - 6 - Excluding a few slack passes it was a decent performance from him

Craig - 3 - Worst performance in a Hibs jersey, couldn't even do the basics, I'd drop him for the next game

Taiwo - 7 - Alot of hard work and running, hope Butcher keeps him, don't see why he's been told to find a new club, especially given that he's only 23.

Zoubir - 7 - Best performance since signing for us, hopefully brings on some consistency and maybe he'll eventually turn into the player we thought we had after his first couple of games.

Stanton - 8 - Unlucky not to score, alot of creativity, nice touches and really looks like a fantastic young player, hope to see more of him in the first team.

Harris - 6 - Still not himself but he's improving, couple of decent runs.

Collins - 6 - Alot of running as usual and a few nice touches, 100% effort as usual. Was unlucky not to score.

Elephant Stone
26-01-2014, 03:13 PM
Williams 5

Maybury 5
Forster 4
Nelson 4
Stevenson 5

Taiwo 6. Much better suited to DM than Craig.
Craig. 1. Passing stray-pass number 9 out of play then shouting at Harris wasn't his finest 'captain' moment.

Zoubir 2
Stanton 6
Harris 5

Collins 5

Itsnoteasy
26-01-2014, 03:22 PM
Zoubir was nothing of great IMO. Same step over and cut inside lost it most times. Had a good hit, that's about it.

:top marks

Can you believe that Harris got sponsors Man Of The Match :shocked::shocked::shocked:

yerauldda
26-01-2014, 03:34 PM
Williams - 4 poor for pukkis goal

Maybury - 4 did okay until last half and hour
Nelson - 4 see above.
Forster - 5 slightly better than Nelson
Stevenson - 5 not great but played and absolutely sublime ball through to zoubir in the second half

Zoubir - 6 seems to enjoy playing Celtic.
Taiwo - 7 took his chance.
Stanton - 7 such a talent, everything we lack.
Craig - 3 woeful.
Harris - 4 really needs some confidence, should get better when RM is back as they were developing a very good relationship down the left hand side.

Collins - 6 just the usual from him.

For the middle 40 minutes we were very impressive.

Bronson
26-01-2014, 03:46 PM
Williams 5

Maybury 5
Forster 4
Nelson 4
Stevenson 5

Craig. 1. Passing stray-pass number 9 out of play then shouting at Harris wasn't his finest 'captain' moment.

Zoubir 2
Stanton 6
Harris 5

Collins 5

Zoubir 2, you for real? He was decent today, had 2 good efforts well saved and done pretty well in the 2nd half. Bit slow at times but certainly not a bad performance.

GreenOnions
26-01-2014, 04:19 PM
Like everyone I am gutted we were beaten 0-4 at home. That's a really sore one to take and should not happen.

I do feel a bit for the players though because the scoreline isn't really a reflection on the game and there were several things to be encouraged about - Stanton in particular but also Harris.

It's fair enough to suggest that Fraser Forster is one main reason we didn't score today but I think the reason we lost so heavily was just basic errors. Unfortunately - a team like Celtic will exploit these.

The first goal was just comedic and not the first time we've conceded to a ball over the top of our defence this season (Motherwell, Dundee United at home spring to mind). I don't know if Forster called for the ball or not but he and Nelson need to get their communication sorted ASAP.

The third goal was poor from Williams. However, I haven't seen anyone mention how Heffernan went to sleep and was ball watching to let a runner go past him early in their move and perhaps Forster could have been a bit tighter on Pukki.

I feel a bit for Maybury for the fourth goal. It was an amazing blunder but, due to injuries, he's doing his best for the team despite his best days being well behind him.

The second goal killed the game and was just a great strike. I did think it was a free-kick but it was a little unlucky so not much we could do about that.

I don't understand how it is possible to give anyone our MOM other than Stanton by the way.

Williams 5

Maybury 4
Forster 5
Nelson 4
Stevenson 5

Taiwo 6
Craig 4

Zoubir 6
Stanton 8
Harris 7

Collins 5

NAE NOOKIE
26-01-2014, 04:37 PM
Williams ...... 6 .. not sure what he could have done about the goals, didnt see enough of the 3rd to say he was at fault.

Maybury .... 6 .. solid enough, but no threat going forward.
Forster ... 5 .. had a mare at the first goal, did OK but not at his best
Nelson ... 5 .. did his best, but cant pass and culpable at first along with Forster.
Stevenson ... 6 .. tried and tried, probably sees more of the ball than any Hibs player.

Harris ... 6 .. I thought he was decent and looks on the way back to the promise he showed last season.
Taiwo ... 8 .. ran his heart out, if he could play that way every week there is no way TB would be looking to empty him.
Craig ... 4 .. WTF ... his worst game for Hibs I dont think he found a team mate with a single pass all day. Not a holding mid.
Stanton ... 7 .. didnt do his chances of starting every week any harm with a very good game, stopped from scoring by a brilliant save.

Zoubir ... 6 .. did his best, but just couldnt create enough.
Collins ... 7 .. a thankless task today agains a big physical back 2 and did very well. not fast but does a lot of good stuff. Should have done better with his shot in the first half though.

I thought today we didnt get close enough to celtic allowing them too much space at times ... when we did have the ball our passing let us down and too many promising positions were wasted by poor final balls or rushed passes.

Lets remember we were short of two regular defenders and our best performing midfield player today ... 0 - 4 was very, very flattering for celtic IMO. Of course they had a guy on the pitch we can never compete with.

JimBHibees
26-01-2014, 04:49 PM
Not sure I get this Craig shouldnt be playing deep thing. He should still be able to pass the ball to a Hibs player which he struggled to do today. Still like him as a player however was caught out a few times and gave the ball away loads.

Unseen work
26-01-2014, 05:18 PM

You mean a sitting player that reads the game well, can pass and tackle? Organises well....... Thomson. Got to be him, really frustrates me the wee fall out they had. Put it behind them and move on ffs

hibsbollah
26-01-2014, 05:31 PM
Without their keeper and Thomson we would have been close to a point today IMO. 0-4 wasnt a fair reflection and I was impressed with the youngsters especially. We'll play worse than that and win games.

Williams 6 a bit flappy but not much chance with the goals.

Lewis 6
Nelson 4 mistakes for the goals and generally poor.
Forster 6 I prefer him at right back
Maybury 5

Harris 7 Nice to see him running at people. Some good crosses but visibly tired second half.
Taiwo 7 Battling performance. Best hes played since Claros was here.
Craig 3 Awful. Gave possession away constantly and was rattled by Thomson.
Stanton 7 Excellent first half especially.
Zoubir 7 Two good efforts on goal. Played well.

Collins 6 put in a shift and deserved a penalty.

SMAXXA
26-01-2014, 05:42 PM
How anyone can give Forster a 6 is beyond me. He was terrible today as was Craig and maybury. Thought Nelson was better than Forster Taiwo and Stanton were the best from a bad bunch, Stevenson Harris and Collins did ok nowt to write home about.

i watched Forster at Dundee UTD at right back and he was terrible then aswell, Malpas wasn't best chuffed. I like him and he has a lot of potential but hasn't been good recently IMO.

thought Zoubir did better in the second half and can be relatively pleased with his first start since October.

Billy Whizz
26-01-2014, 05:47 PM
How anyone can give Forster a 6 is beyond me. He was terrible today as was Craig and maybury. Thought Nelson was better than Forster Taiwo and Stanton were the best from a bad bunch, Stevenson Harris and Collins did ok nowt to write home about.

i watched Forster at Dundee UTD at right back and he was terrible then aswell, Malpas wasn't best chuffed. I like him and he has a lot of potential but hasn't been good recently IMO.

thought Zoubir did better in the second half and can be relatively pleased with his first start since October.

Agree with that, think we're needing 3 new players in our back line. All the good stuff today came from Harris, Stanton and Zoubir. With a bit of luck in the 2nd half we would have equalised

Inch Hibs
26-01-2014, 05:52 PM
Williams - 5 - Nothing to do apart from the goals, probably should have done better with the 3rd

Maybury - 3 - I'm sorry, but he's finished, too slow defensively, stupidity for the penalty and constantly wasted the ball

Nelson - 5 - Shocking for the first goal, he's not half as good without Hanlon alongside him

Forster - 5 - As with Nelson I have no idea what he was doing for the 1st goal, relatively solid apart from that

Stevenson - 6 - Excluding a few slack passes it was a decent performance from him

Craig - 3 - Worst performance in a Hibs jersey, couldn't even do the basics, I'd drop him for the next game

Taiwo - 7 - Alot of hard work and running, hope Butcher keeps him, don't see why he's been told to find a new club, especially given that he's only 23.

Zoubir - 7 - Best performance since signing for us, hopefully brings on some consistency and maybe he'll eventually turn into the player we thought we had after his first couple of games.

Stanton - 8 - Unlucky not to score, alot of creativity, nice touches and really looks like a fantastic young player, hope to see more of him in the first team.

Collins - 6 - Alot of running as usual and a few nice touches, 100% effort as usual. Was unlucky not to score.

Agree with all of the above.

skipster7
26-01-2014, 06:08 PM
Liam Craig had a poor game going forward and his passing was way off at times but never hid and done a lot of good defensive work. To score him 1 or 2 is ott imo. Thought we were good for a draw until 2nd goal.

Williams-6 should have got more on 3rd,no chance with the others.

Maybury-5 fine defensively until pen, passing not great.

Stevenson-6 solid enough, tried to overlap Harris.

Nelson-7 really like this guy, no nonsense.

Forster-6 bit shaky at start, looked to blame for the 1st.got better.

Zoubir- 5 until our good spell 2nd half thought he was a cert for the hook.couple of good flashes but doesn't work hard enough imo

Tiawo-7 plenty graft.

Craig-5 loads of hard work and tackles.passing woeful.

Harris-6 good to see him back,still a bit short. class pass for Stanton 1st half.

Stanton-8 great close control and confidence, could have got a couple of goals.

Collins- 7 trojan up front. works his socks off with a lot of poor service.

ref-0 total jambo welt:brickwall

number9dream
26-01-2014, 07:11 PM
Williams - had quite a few shaky moments and really should have saved the third goal. 5

Maybury - dead slow and gave away a crazy penalty. 5

Forster - all over the place for first 10 minutes and beaten far too easily for third goal. 4

Nelson - the big man was poor and had little understanding with Forster. 4

Stevenson - not much to do really since Celtic played very narrow. Worked hard, as ever. 6

Zoubir - two good efforts on goal, although first might have been a cross. Quiet first half but improved. 6

Taiwo. Snapped away and put in a good shift in difficult circumstances. 7

Craig. Lots of misplaced passes. Guilty of hiding at times. Not suited to that deep role. 4

Harris - seldom got past a full-back about the same age and when he did his delivery let him down. 5

Stanton - clever, confident and composed. Very unlucky not to score, don't think any other keeper in this league would have saved that shot. 8

Collins - should have had a penalty but wasn't involved enough. We had two wide players so he should have been spending more time in the box sniffing out half chances. 5

Davy Mac
26-01-2014, 09:19 PM
Williams 5 - Too quiet for me and should be commanding his box more

Maybury 6 - Best game for a while but penalty was soft
Forster 4 - Communication, communication etc etc
Nelson 4 - Communication, communication etc etc
Stevenson 6 - Good performance

Taiwo 8 - Looked much more like the player we bought, keep it up
Craig 3 - Captain should never be subbed but boy he deserved it today

Zoubir 6 - Did well today actually, some of his close control was superb but needs a final delivery
Stanton 8 - Great vision. touch and energy. Quality footballer but wish he shot with his lung bursting run in the 2nd
Harris 6 - Flashes of brilliance and sometimes looks disinterested. Fitness getting better and really enjoy watching him

Collins 4 - Not for me, too slow and squandered 2 opportunities in the first half due to his lack of fitness IMO

Ref 1 - Looked bribed today to me, seriously, he couldn't wait to give Celtic something out of nothing. Idiot
Butcher - Well sonny Jim, your defence is shipping goals for fun, show us what you are made of cos it's a worry - big time

Winston Ingram
26-01-2014, 09:48 PM
Williams 6 - At fault for the 3rd
Stevenson - 7 I thought Lewis was very good again
Nelson - 5 Other than the goal, i thought some of the passes he attempted were school boy.
Forster - 6 Other than the goal i thought he was ok. He's better with Hanlon
Maybury - 5 What was he up to with the pen?

Harris 6 - Not his best game and i thought he cut inside too much
Stanton -8 What a player this guys going to be
Craig - 4 Very poor. He doesn't seem to suit him playing deeper
Taiwo - 8 Excellent performance and great to see him back. We really missed him when he went off
Zoubir - 5 couple of decent moments. I'd be stunned if he's still here next season
Collins - 7 worked his socks off and caused the Celtic defence alot of problems

Ritchie
27-01-2014, 09:52 AM

Pretty much how I saw it. :top marks

Williams 5

Maybury 5
Forster 4
Nelson 4
Stevenson 5

Zoubir 2
Stanton 6
Harris 5

Collins 5

eh?!?!?!?!?!? :confused:

Elephant Stone
27-01-2014, 10:28 AM
eh?!?!?!?!?!? :confused:

Comes after 1 but before 3. :wink:

Gustavo Fring
27-01-2014, 10:34 AM
williams - 6 picked the ball out his net 4 times and dropped the ball lucky he was not to be punished for

maybury - 4 gave away the ball far too much
forster - 4 what the hell was he upto at the 1st goal
nelson - 5 probably our best defender on the day
stevenson - 5 he's never a left back

harris - 6 still need a few games but showed little glimpses of the player he was last season
taiwo - 6 worked hard and was ok on the ball
craig - 1 he was absolutely murder
stanton - 8 our best player and his performance took the sting off the result for me
zoubir - 7 along with stanton he was our only player that troubled forster , how anyone could rate collins better is beyond me

collins - 3 does alot of running and maybe should have had a penalty but his finishing is just not good enough

yerauldda
27-01-2014, 10:40 AM

Zoubir 6 - Did well today actually, some of his close control was superb but needs a final delivery
Stanton 8 - Great vision. touch and energy. Quality footballer but wish he shot with his lung bursting run in the 2nd
Harris 6 - Flashes of brilliance and sometimes looks disinterested. Fitness getting better and really enjoy watching him

Collins 4 - Not for me, too slow and squandered 2 opportunities in the first half due to his lack of fitness IMO

Ref 1 - Looked bribed today to me, seriously, he couldn't wait to give Celtic something out of nothing. Idiot
Butcher - Well sonny Jim, your defence is shipping goals for fun, show us what you are made of cos it's a worry - big time

Collins lack of fitness?! He has to be one of the fittest players in the league. Never stops running.

Davy Mac
27-01-2014, 07:20 PM
Collins lack of fitness?! He has to be one of the fittest players in the league. Never stops running.

Yes, never stops running by the time he gets the ball he's goosed.

Maybe he's been asked to do to much but I tell you what he was oot of puff when he was through on goal - twice!

Got to learn to let other players to their job and he needs to do his and that's take his chances IMO.

Elephant Stone
27-01-2014, 07:30 PM

Maybe he's been asked to do to much but I tell you what he was oot of puff when he was through on goal - twice!

Got to learn to let other players to their job and he needs to do his and that's take his chances IMO.

He's goosed cause there's usually not another Hibs player within 40 yards to pass to, he was even chasing his own flick downs yesterday. He needs much more support, hopefully he can form a decent partnership with Heffernan.

WeeCraigy
27-01-2014, 10:24 PM

This is the most ridiculous post I've read in a long time

shetlandhibee
28-01-2014, 12:05 AM
Williams-7 didn't have much to do but could have done better with pukki is goal.
Stevenson-7 offers a lot going forward and pings in hard passes but can only use one foot.
Nelson-6 was pretty solid as usual but lack of communication cost us the opening goal, was unlucky with handball
Foster-6 same as above but think he's better playing at rb alongside Nelson hanlon and givern so will shine when theyre back.
Maybury-4 better than I though he was going to be but has every poor delivery and is very slow

Craig-7 seemed pretty good
Tawio-8 got they're faces broke up play and spread the ball very well!
Stanton-9 full of idea great little dummy between his legs and very good shot making foster pull off a world class save
zoubir-8 was very suprised at how good he was. two good shots only one tiny thing is he shouldn't try skills cause he just runs into people.
Harris-8 was very direct and worked well with stanton and zoubir lost the ball sometimes but was very good.
collins-4 can use his head that about it. got the touch of a elephant and keeps on falling over when ever he gets touched but he should have had a pen.

Jones28
28-01-2014, 06:53 AM
Williams 5 - at fault for their second but did everything else well. You can't give a keeper who concedes for goals more than that IMO

Maybury 5 - why the shove? Was always going to be a penalty
Forster 5 - first goal was comedic defending, no communication so both equally at fault.
Nelson 5 - see Forster
Stevenson 6 - our best defender and a brilliant through ball for Zoubir in the second half

Craig 5 - really poor from a team captain. Really annoyed me that he got booked for dissent as well, so needless and you'd expect better from your captain. See Scott Brown for advice on captaincy.
Taiwo 8 - my MOM, tireless, tough tackling and composed on the ball, doesn't deserve to be punted.

Zoubir 7 - massively exceeded my expectations today. Some Nice touches and the shot he had was world class. Great technique.
Stanton 7 - really impressed, hope to see more.
Harris 6 - as much as you'd expect from someone recovering from a long lay off. Will be back to his best soon.

Collins 6 - tireless performance, always works hard and gives his all. IMO there's too much pressure on him by playing the ball to him 40 yards from goal. He's not griffiths and can't turn and shoot from anywhere. When he gets service in the box he will score. See St Mirren, hearts etc

Davy Mac
28-01-2014, 07:01 AM
This is the most ridiculous post I've read in a long time

The most ridiculous thing about your response is there is none.

Do you go to the games?

If you did you will have seen the 2 lame attempts on goal when he was through on goal, I praised for his 2 goals against St Mirren but he is never a target man in a month of Sundays and although this might not be his preferred role, when the chances did arrive he squandered it.

So give your opinion rather than critize others

yerauldda
28-01-2014, 07:51 AM
The most ridiculous thing about your response is there is none.

Do you go to the games?

If you did you will have seen the 2 lame attempts on goal when he was through on goal, I praised for his 2 goals against St Mirren but he is never a target man in a month of Sundays and although this might not be his preferred role, when the chances did arrive he squandered it.

So give your opinion rather than critize others

Collins has said himself that this is not his preferred position. IMO he has adapted his game very well and works as hard as anybody else in the team. He prefers to play in a front two and when he starts to get more service I think his stint as the lone striker will have done him th world of good.

He didn't really have any clear cut chances on Sunday, he had one from a difficult angle that went narrowly wide but that was about it. He had a lot do with how well Stanton and the other two played behind him because of the shift he put in. JC is a very underrated player.

Ritchie
28-01-2014, 09:06 AM
Comes after 1 but before 3. :wink:

:na na:

shetlandhibee
28-01-2014, 08:00 PM

:agree:

eggbamyasi
28-01-2014, 11:01 PM
Williams 6 - At fault for the 3rd
Stevenson - 7 I thought Lewis was very good again
Nelson - 5 Other than the goal, i thought some of the passes he attempted were school boy.
Forster - 6 Other than the goal i thought he was ok. He's better with Hanlon
Maybury - 5 What was he up to with the pen?

Harris 6 - Not his best game and i thought he cut inside too much
Stanton -8 What a player this guys going to be
Craig - 4 Very poor. He doesn't seem to suit him playing deeper
Taiwo - 8 Excellent performance and great to see him back. We really missed him when he went off
Zoubir - 5 couple of decent moments. I'd be stunned if he's still here next season
Collins - 7 worked his socks off and caused the Celtic defence alot of problems

Pretty much agree with this .
only change mabury to a 3 , though he was really poor on sun . His passing was poor and his crossing was sooo bad really frustrating . Defo think hes past it now just wasnt up to pace of game .