PDA

View Full Version : Craig Thomson

Hedlund12
26-01-2014, 01:25 PM
Take back what I said about liking him poor excuse for a ref....my blood is boiling!

Green&White
26-01-2014, 01:31 PM
It's a absolute disgrace that he is allowed to referee a Hibs game. It's just clearly blatant bias against us. No such thing as a level playing field in Scottish football.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Fergus52
26-01-2014, 01:31 PM
Take back what I said about liking him poor excuse for a ref....my blood is boiling!

!!!!???

LTYF :greengrin

Jones28
26-01-2014, 01:34 PM

The fact you have to retract something like tht is shocking in itself :greengrin:

SaulGoodman
26-01-2014, 01:36 PM
Hearts ****.

BH Hibs
26-01-2014, 01:37 PM
Hope Butcher goes right thru the ****

Northernhibee
26-01-2014, 01:37 PM
Thomson is a disgrace.

I mind an ex referee being slated for saying that in his opinion the way you get to the top of refereeing in Scotland was politics and who you know rather than ability. You wonder just how much of that is true. I'd guess all of it.

Diclonius
26-01-2014, 01:38 PM
That isn't incompetence. That's bias.

OsloHibs
26-01-2014, 01:39 PM
Absolute disgrace.

Billychaotic182
26-01-2014, 01:41 PM
Disgusted that this man is aloud to ref our games

Hibbyradge
26-01-2014, 01:42 PM
It was a definite free kick.

Nelson's arm is miles away from his body. He was angry about the booking not the foul.

Leishy1995
26-01-2014, 01:44 PM

Nelson's arm is miles away from his body. He was angry about the booking not the foul.

The offence isn't hand ball it's deliberate handball. Nelson's arm was naturally moving towards his body not away so it's not a free kick

hibee_girl
He's a cheat, pure and simple.

Baader
Hibs need to do something about this cheat

Hibbyradge
26-01-2014, 01:46 PM
The offence isn't hand ball it's deliberate handball. Nelson's arm was naturally moving towards his body not away so it's not a free kick

Ok.

zlatan
26-01-2014, 01:47 PM
It was a free kick and it was a penalty. However, that was a penalty for us in the first half.

We imploded after the second, simple as that.

Allant1981
26-01-2014, 01:48 PM
Didnt think it was a free kick, nelson was only a few yards away, soft penalty for them but it was a penalty, our claim was also soft but should have been a foul

Pretty Boy
26-01-2014, 01:49 PM
Whether he is a cheat or not is open for discussion.

What isn't is the fact he is an absolutely woeful referee. Truly shocking. Not just against Hibs either, consistent high profile errors especially in big games.

And he's the best we've got as well apparently.

Stevie Reid
26-01-2014, 01:56 PM
We need to put in official complaint about him. Cheating ******* should never be allowed to referee another Hibs game.

AK86
26-01-2014, 01:56 PM
I steer clear of claiming refs have it in for us. Every club believes they get a hard time from certain refs.
but enough is enough.This man has too much previous for nothing to be done about about this cheat.
someone with the PC tech know how must be able to put together a large collection of his dubious decisions against us.
Hibernian as a club need to stand up against it. They must make their mouth go about it, and even take the inevitable punishment which would come, but it would get it out there.
look at the fuss the smellies kicked up a couple of years ago when they were the victims of one , THATS ONE, dodgy decision against them.
even as fans we should consider a boycott of games involving him. I know we would probably be hurting the club doing that, but our options are limited if the club are not prepared to stand up against this sham. I mean really, what's the point in attending games involving him? It's not an even playing field is it? It's either sheer utter incompetence or it's cheating. Take your pick, both are wrong.

Pray4Marc
26-01-2014, 01:57 PM
Breathtaking performance today.

andy1875
Foul on Collins was a definite penalty.

Also like to see the shove on Nelson from corner as well which wasnt given.

Izzaguire tried to snap Zoubir, played advantage and conveniently forgot to go back and book him.

It was a freekick imo with the hand ball but one of they ones you award a freekick but never a booking.

Left at 0-3 so I can't comment on penalty.

He's a cheating, horrible bass and he can't be allowed to ref our games again.

God Petrie

Nelson was about 3 yards away when he kicked the ball unless he's some sort of ninja he couldn't have deliberately handballed it even if he wanted to.

To book him shows CT wasn't even contemplating that basic fact. The penalty in the first half was the more important decision though and would have changed the game. Glad he saw the septic penalty so definitively though.

Aldo
26-01-2014, 01:58 PM
As someone already mentioned on another thread Smellics MOTM.

Frazerbob
26-01-2014, 01:58 PM
Great point from Terry in the Sky interview. Last week we were refused a penalty for a very similar offence. The one difference was that was deliberate.

DarrenSQH
26-01-2014, 02:03 PM
Something has to be done.

Thomson destroys every game he gets us in.

The club need to make it clear he is not welcome to referee our games.

Thecat23
26-01-2014, 02:03 PM
He got the Celtic pen right but that's about all. Ours was clear as day. It's about time Hibs wrote to the SFA demanding he be removed from any future fixtures regarding us.

If not the same will keep happening.

Aldo
26-01-2014, 02:05 PM
I'm sure the decisions he makes are as bad for other teams ..... Nelson's handball v sheep but I don't give a **** bout other teams.

Heff against the sheep, Collins today just cannot help himself against us can he.

Heisenberg
26-01-2014, 02:08 PM
We definitely should've had a pen in the first half. Was totally clear and he just didnt give it. Baffling.

SouthamptonHibs
26-01-2014, 02:09 PM
He is a cheating ****! Nothing will chance. If he was this biased to the rangers or Celtic he would never get to ref there games. As it's Hibs nothing happens.

Callum_62
26-01-2014, 02:11 PM
He got the Celtic pen right but that's about all. Ours was clear as day. It's about time Hibs wrote to the SFA demanding he be removed from any future fixtures regarding us.

I believe we already did when he was announced as the cup final ref against Hearts

I really do think we need to start kicking up a bit more of a stink, be it 'Celtic esque' through the press or however

I actually cant believe he still refs our games

Future17
26-01-2014, 02:11 PM
The Nelson handball was actually offside so should have been free kick to Hibs. I blame the assistant more than Thompson for that.

The penalties were simply incompetence.

I've said on here before, I've seen Thompson referee in European competitions and he's always been poor.

At least he can't embarrass Scotland at the World Cup.

Amit
26-01-2014, 02:14 PM
Thomson said to Butcher that it was not deliberate handball but because Nelson stopped the ball going to an opposing player that's why he gave them the free kick. Baffling!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

truehibernian
26-01-2014, 02:17 PM
We need to put in official complaint about him. Cheating ******* should never be allowed to referee another Hibs game.

He got their decisions correct in my view, our one very wrong - our one gives the opportunity to equalise and gain momentum from a quietish crowd right enough, so he was definitely not going to give us that.

As predicted though it's as ever the Craig Thomson show - many times stopping the game flowing so the camera trains on him.

Saying that if Liam had shown as much effort and passion in his football, as he did his moaning, he'd have been Yaya Toure - horrendous show from our captain today, terrible !

Ray_
26-01-2014, 02:17 PM
I think it is the Hibs defence that let us down today, Harris got away with doing similar against Aberdeen, his arms were well away from his body, definite free kick for me. Two wrongs don't make a right [last weeks decision] and I think TB should be more concerned that by far the two most experienced players on the pitch made shocking decisions that cost us goals. The most inexperienced player in our defence was culpable for the remaining two goals, aided by the keeper for one of them.

The Celtic keeper made some great saves, which, to be fair, he is there to do and we never created a clear cut chance. On the positive side, Sam Stanton was a massive plus and we looked far better in the wide positions. We do need to get far better defensively, this includes cover and we need somebody to create and score chances in and about the box.

The pen, maybe should have been given and seen it going both ways more than enough, however, James Collins theatrics didn't help.

All in all, the defeat was much more to do with Hibs than Thompson, IMHO.

Westie1875
26-01-2014, 02:18 PM
Thomson said to Butcher that it was not deliberate handball but because Nelson stopped the ball going to an opposing player that's why he gave them the free kick. Baffling!

An opposing player who was apparently offside, makes no sense to me.

Gerard
26-01-2014, 02:18 PM
I was not expecting anything out of Celtic today. The ref's performance needs to be examined by the powers that be. We should have had a penalty at a critical time. The players gave it their best shot and against other teams we would have got something out of the game.

Humo
26-01-2014, 02:21 PM
I was not expecting anything out of Celtic today. The ref's performance needs to be examined by the powers that be. We should have had a penalty at a critical time. The players gave it their best shot and against other teams we would have got something out of the game.

And the he goes and gives them a penalty for eve less!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Golden Bear
26-01-2014, 02:24 PM
I think it is the Hibs defence that let us down today, Harris got away with doing similar against Aberdeen, his arms were well away from his body, definite free kick for me. Two wrongs don't make a right [last weeks decision] and I think TB should be more concerned that by far the two most experienced players on the pitch made shocking decisions that cost us goals. The most inexperienced player in our defence was culpable for the remaining two goals, aided by the keeper for one of them.

The Celtic keeper made some great saves, which, to be fair, he is there to do and we never created a clear cut chance. On the positive side, Sam Stanton was a massive plus and we looked far better in the wide positions. We do need to get far better defensively, this includes cover and we need somebody to create and score chances in and about the box.

The pen, maybe should have been given and seen it going both ways more than enough, however, James Collins theatrics didn't help.

Can't argue with anything about that.

duffers
26-01-2014, 02:26 PM
The mans an arse. Collins peno was a stone Waller and I'd also like to see the shove on Nelson (I think) again. I do think it was a free kick but it should never have been a booking. Truly awful referee who gives us the square root of f all.

Viva_Palmeiras
26-01-2014, 02:31 PM
I'd like an independent adjudication on Thomson. We can't go around dictating who refs us otherwise we're no better than The OF but sheesh does that boy seem to have it in for us. Thing is how do you prove ineptitude versus bias?

Berwickhibby
26-01-2014, 02:33 PM

Agreed, but watch again Celtic were off side, therefore it should have been a Hibs free kick before the ball handling

Mr White
26-01-2014, 02:40 PM
Has he ever given us a penalty? Can't think of one but can think of at least 5 soft or non penalties that he's given against us gleefully without a moments hesitation.

green.and.white
26-01-2014, 02:41 PM
I actually hate him

Viva_Palmeiras
26-01-2014, 02:41 PM
Any academics out there able to access this and make it available?

http://www.questia.com/library/journal/1G1-298057252/favoritism-and-referee-bias-in-european-soccer-evidence

Hedlund12
26-01-2014, 02:43 PM
I can cope with a defeat against celtic...I didn't honestly think we'd get anything from them today even more so when I saw the changes to the team...a 4-0 win flattered Celtic. There were aspects of hibs performance today I was pleased with. I left ER in a foul foul mood ... I couldn't agree more with what TB just said to Chick Young..."if I honestly said what I thought about todays referee I'd be in a lot of trouble..." Apols Admins for the ₩@^ker ref in the title thread... glad someone amended it but I was a tad angry with the poor excuse for a man!!!! (And breath!!)

madsen5
26-01-2014, 02:47 PM
I believe we already did when he was announced as the cup final ref against Hearts

I really do think we need to start kicking up a bit more of a stink, be it 'Celtic esque' through the press or however

I actually cant believe he still refs our games
Agreed , time the club made a formal complaint.

silverhibee
26-01-2014, 02:51 PM
Agreed, but watch again Celtic were off side, therefore it should have been a Hibs free kick before the ball handling

The linesman never signalled for offside, Thomson does look to see if the flag has went up and it hadn't so he gave a foul.

HIBERNIAN-0762
26-01-2014, 02:52 PM
We were on top at that point and Foster had made several excellent saves to keep them in it, Thomson made sure that wouldn't happen.

hibbymick
26-01-2014, 02:54 PM

Ive mentioned it on here before..........I asked Petrie what he thought of Craig Thomsons performances concerning Hibs games and he thinks he does a decent job. :confused:

hibbymick
26-01-2014, 02:57 PM
The linesman never signalled for offside, Thomson does look to see if the flag has went up and it hadn't so he gave a foul.

With todays rules your only offside when you touch the ball.

gaz1875
26-01-2014, 03:05 PM
I could stand corrected here, the handball was at least 10 yards closer to the touch line, than where it was taken? Couldn't believe the players never pointed that out to the feeble excuse for a referee (who I think is terrible in the majority of matches he takes charge off, not just ours).

Alfred E Newman
26-01-2014, 03:15 PM
With todays rules your only offside when you touch the ball.

And that is where the whole thing falls down. Linesman can't raise his flag till the player moves for the ball . He is in contact with the ref though and could have told him the guy was miles off at the free kick. Knowing Thomson , he probably would have over ruled him.

EastCalderHibby
26-01-2014, 03:16 PM
He is a cheating ****! Nothing will chance. If he was this biased to the rangers or Celtic he would never get to ref there games. As it's Hibs nothing happens.

Just like the team he follows CHEATING B......D
IZYQUERY should have been seen red for lifting hands to collins,
pen and red as would have got a shot in , we should have had an offside but instead gave them handball which the manks score from and kills the game

JimBHibees
26-01-2014, 03:33 PM

Dont undertsand that at all. Nelson header at back post, Stanton clear shot in the first half, Stanton shot in the second half, Zoubrir shot edge of box all clear cut chances.

JimBHibees
26-01-2014, 03:34 PM
Ive mentioned it on here before..........I asked Petrie what he thought of Craig Thomsons performances concerning Hibs games and he thinks he does a decent job. :confused:

Is he really going to say anything else?

JimBHibees
26-01-2014, 03:39 PM
Thomson quite simply a cheat. His decision not to give a stonewall penalty was quite simply cheating.

His string of decisions over his career that bizarrely never go our way is absolutely scandalous. A cheat simple.

Kato
26-01-2014, 03:41 PM

You can concede a free kick for carelessness but only deliberate hand-ball calls for a booking. If that was deliberate then he'd be a cracking shot stopper.

CT is simply a twat who does not like us one bit.

Enough Hibs, get into this guy in the press We're soft enough when it comes to things like this, get into him.

Phil D. Rolls
26-01-2014, 03:42 PM
I steer clear of claiming refs have it in for us. Every club believes they get a hard time from certain refs.
but enough is enough.This man has too much previous for nothing to be done about about this cheat.
someone with the PC tech know how must be able to put together a large collection of his dubious decisions against us.
Hibernian as a club need to stand up against it. They must make their mouth go about it, and even take the inevitable punishment which would come, but it would get it out there.
look at the fuss the smellies kicked up a couple of years ago when they were the victims of one , THATS ONE, dodgy decision against them.
even as fans we should consider a boycott of games involving him. I know we would probably be hurting the club doing that, but our options are limited if the club are not prepared to stand up against this sham. I mean really, what's the point in attending games involving him? It's not an even playing field is it? It's either sheer utter incompetence or it's cheating. Take your pick, both are wrong.

I'd go further and suggest we hire a private detective to find out if there is any proof that he is consistently biased against us.

Aldo
26-01-2014, 03:43 PM
Thomson quite simply a cheat. His decision not to give a stonewall penalty was quite simply cheating. His string of decisions over his career that bizarrely never go our way is absolutely scandalous. A cheat simple.

It's fair to say Jim that the refs is human and is prone to a mistake..... Which I can accept.

What I cannot accept is the shocking and outrageous decisions in games we play when he refs.

The final with the black assault, suso penalty (5 yards outside the box)

Penalty at Aberdeen.

Penalty today.

Cairney sending off at RC

There always seems to be something against us when he refs. Not just a small thing but something that could change the way the game goes.

JollyGreenGiant
26-01-2014, 03:47 PM
Thomson quite simply a cheat. His decision not to give a stonewall penalty was quite simply cheating.

His string of decisions over his career that bizarrely never go our way is absolutely scandalous. A cheat simple.

Agreed, can someone not put a collection of all the bad decisions he has made against us and send it to the SFA!

And maybe stick a video of all the other non-hibs shocking decisions he has made, because I know there are others - shocking referee IMO!

JimBHibees
26-01-2014, 03:49 PM
It's fair to say Jim that the refs is human and is prone to a mistake..... Which I can accept.

What I cannot accept is the shocking and outrageous decisions in games we play when he refs.

The final with the black assault, suso penalty (5 yards outside the box)

Penalty at Aberdeen.

Penalty today.

Cairney sending off at RC

There always seems to be something against us when he refs. Not just a small thing but something that could change the way the game goes.

Here's another few.

Semi final v Dunfermline - first game Hammill two foot tackle on Lewis a red card every day of the week. Dont think he even got booked. Replay gives them a soft pen when aforementioned Hammil dives in box, 2 mins after Shiels had been fouled in theirs.

Fletcher red card in game v Hearts. Booking at most.

SC v Rangers they have McGregor sent off, Hibs have a free kick and he decides to let David Weir ref the game and tell him where wall should be e.g 6 yards.

Has he ever given Hibs a penalty.

Gettin' Auld
26-01-2014, 03:50 PM
Disgusted that this man is aloud to ref our games

What if he was quieter next time? :wink:

Ray_
26-01-2014, 03:53 PM
Dont undertsand that at all. Nelson header at back post, Stanton clear shot in the first half, Stanton shot in the second half, Zoubrir shot edge of box all clear cut chances.

Sorry, Nelson's header I forgot about, the rest I disagree, they were good efforts rather than chances.

Aldo
26-01-2014, 03:54 PM
Here's another few. Semi final v Dunfermline - first game Hammill two foot tackle on Lewis a red card every day of the week. Dont think he even got booked. Replay gives them a soft pen when aforementioned Hammil dives in box, 2 mins after Shiels had been fouled in theirs. Fletcher red card in game v Hearts. Booking at most. SC v Rangers they have McGregor sent off, Hibs have a free kick and he decides to let David Weir ref the game and tell him where wall should be e.g 6 yards. Has he ever given Hibs a penalty.

Just as more fuel to our fire.

Cheating Bassa simple as that.

Argylehibby
26-01-2014, 03:56 PM
The Nelson handball was actually offside so should have been free kick to Hibs. I blame the assistant more than Thompson for that.

The penalties were simply incompetence.

I've said on here before, I've seen Thompson referee in European competitions and he's always been poor.

At least he can't embarrass Scotland at the World Cup.

If a ref is poor it affects both teams but CT's performances in EVERY game with us involved, one side, us, get poor decisions and the other doesn't. That is, I'm afraid, not accidental.

Simple question but can anyone remember a single decision CT has made in our favour where it was completely, blatantly and obviously wrong? Not small ones like giving a throw in at the half way line but a dodgy penalty for us or turning down a stone wall one for the opposition?

God Petrie
26-01-2014, 04:07 PM
Remember that CT was despised by Hibs fans even before the final. He has a long and illustrious career of horrific performances in our games.

Cool_Hand_Luke
26-01-2014, 04:10 PM
Just seen the highlights on sky sports news...defo penalty for Collins, and Samaras looked offside for the Nelson handball incident.

Craig Thomson is a cheat :agree:

Slim Shady
26-01-2014, 04:17 PM

Being in an offside postion is not a foul / against the laws of the game. Player who is in an offside postion need to touch the ball or interfere with an opponent nowadays.

Slim Shady
26-01-2014, 04:19 PM

If that was the case why did he not award a penalty to Aberdeen the other friday when Nelse did not deliberately handle the ball but he did stop it going to a player ( who probably would've scored).

I don't think he's a cheat - just incompetent.

Onion
26-01-2014, 04:30 PM
Didn't think CT was any better or worse today than any other ref in an OF game. Yes, he could have given us a pen but didn't. IMHO 9/10 refs would not have given us that pen against Celtic. Collins would have to be sliced in half to a get a pen.

Everyone says that decisions even themselves out over time, but this does not seem to apply when Thompson referees a Hibs match. He owes us numerous of decisions from the past, but still no sign of payback. Incompetence suggests we would get our fair share of iffy calls going our way and that just does not happen with CT & Hibs. The only remaining conclusion is that his actions and decisions are deliberately screwed i.e. he is a cheat.

Sir David Gray
26-01-2014, 04:33 PM
I've said it before and I will say it again. Hibs, as a club, should be writing to the SFA demanding, not asking, that Craig Thomson is never put in charge of another Hibs game for the rest of his career.

The man has given awful decisions against us on multiple occasions and it's becoming a complete joke now.

If it was Celtic who were getting this sort of treatment, you can bet your bottom dollar that Peter Lawwell and Neil Lennon would be shouting from the rooftops about this and demanding investigations are held and that the referee is banned from refereeing any of their games again.

I think it's got beyond the stage now where we need to be doing likewise with Thomson.

Boyle89
26-01-2014, 04:52 PM
I actually hate him
This!!:agree:

Sir David Gray
26-01-2014, 04:54 PM
Here's another few.

Semi final v Dunfermline - first game Hammill two foot tackle on Lewis a red card every day of the week. Dont think he even got booked. Replay gives them a soft pen when aforementioned Hammil dives in box, 2 mins after Shiels had been fouled in theirs.

Fletcher red card in game v Hearts. Booking at most.

SC v Rangers they have McGregor sent off, Hibs have a free kick and he decides to let David Weir ref the game and tell him where wall should be e.g 6 yards.

Has he ever given Hibs a penalty.

He gave us a penalty in the last minute of a game against Partick Thistle back in 2002, which was scored by John O'Neil.

It was 10 minutes after he had sent off our goalkeeper, Nick Colgan, though!

He also gave us a penalty in 2009 against Kilmarnock, which was scored by Benji.

We've only scored two penalties with him as the referee. It's a bit harder to find any records of games where we've been given a penalty but missed it so don't know if that's the case or not.

After today, he's been in charge of 47 Hibs games in his career and we've possibly only been given 2 penalties.

hfcok
26-01-2014, 05:02 PM
Defo a cheat of a man,and Hibs hater.
Bottled it to give pen and send player off that early,incase the Ginger winger moaned at him.............................

basehibby
26-01-2014, 05:02 PM
IIRC there was a second penalty claim for Hibs in the 1st half where it hit a Celtic player in the wall's arm from a free kick - no penalty given as the player's arms were by his sides and ball played man. Second half and a similar thing happens with Nelson 5 yrds outside the box - freekick given from which they score!

That on top of a stonewall penalty for a clear foul on Collins denied while Celtic get awarded a pen for what could have been argued to be a shoulder to shoulder challenge - there's a pattern emerging here which strongly resonates with events at Hampden Park a couple of years back. The evidence seems to suggest that Thomson has a subconcious pathalogical hatred for all things Hibs and can't bring himself to give us a decision under any circumstances - even the full glare of national television coverage has no impact - the man has no shame!

He is a bitter Yam fud and poor excuse for a referee - as morally bankrupt as the team he so ardently supports.

Don Giovanni
26-01-2014, 05:10 PM
Wow! Can't believe the number of CT apologists on this thread.
Incompetent? Most referees in Scotland are incompetent. CT is without doubt a cheat.

Rod won't do anything about this lack of sporting integrity though, he has his eyes on the SFA presidency and won't want to rock the boat.

So maybe its up to the fans to apply the pressure for that ***** removal.

Bishop Hibee
26-01-2014, 05:10 PM
Desperate to humiliate Hibs at every opportunity. Didn't give the pen for the foul on Heff v the Dons. Didn't give the pen for the foul on Collins. Soft pen against Maybury which he couldn't wait to give. Right in our players' faces when we committed any foul whereas Celtc players fouled with impunity.

This adds up to bias against us never mind all the other decisions against us. Hibs should act, any other SPFL club would.

Viva_Palmeiras
26-01-2014, 05:20 PM
Didn't think CT was any better or worse today than any other ref in an OF game. Yes, he could have given us a pen but didn't. IMHO 9/10 refs would not have given us that pen against Celtic. Collins would have to be sliced in half to a get a pen.

Everyone says that decisions even themselves out over time, but this does not seem to apply when Thompson referees a Hibs match. He owes us numerous of decisions from the past, but still no sign of payback. Incompetence suggests we would get our fair share of iffy calls going our way and that just does not happen with CT & Hibs. The only remaining conclusion is that his actions and decisions are deliberately screwed i.e. he is a cheat.

The problem is no football association worth their salt will allow a club (certainly in the Scotland context a "provincial" club - whatever that means) to dictate who refs their games (although I think I have heard some instances - Italy? - where that's been the case.

Therefore it is up to the governjng body to assess competency (which can always be used to mask bias IMO).

Mon Dieu4
26-01-2014, 05:22 PM
To be honest, out of all his decisions today the one that wound me up the most was when Collins won the ball over at the west touchline in the last 10, he got bullied the whole game, played that one well, won the ball and quell surprise free kick to them, I've seen him worse but he didn't help

frazeHFC
26-01-2014, 05:26 PM
He couldn't wait to give them a penalty. Stone waller for us turned down, but no hesitation in giving them one.

The guys a bias ****er.

h1bs4life
26-01-2014, 05:33 PM
Definitely a cheat , despise the ####. Heard Terry's interview with Chick Dung on the radio on the way home from the match , ( its on BBC website now )1st time i can really remember a Hibs official having a go at him. Time to keep the pressure up.

Craig_in_Prague
26-01-2014, 05:39 PM
I honestly can't sit down to a game if he is ref,
I had the game on tv but was doing other things and just can't stand a cheat, game after game, for far too long now. Was planning pub for sheep game but gave it a miss when heard he's ref.
I know we don't always lose if he's ref, but he does his best.

The final was last straw.

Jonnyboy
26-01-2014, 06:14 PM
Afraid I don't subscribe to the cheat argument. He's just totally incompetent

Borderhibbie76
26-01-2014, 06:22 PM
Cheat pure and simple...if he was incompetent we would get our share from him but its ALWAYS against us....he is a cheating yam fud pure n simple

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Paisley Hibby
26-01-2014, 06:38 PM

Spot on Ray. Too much paranoia here. Thomson is a cock though 😊

hibbymick
26-01-2014, 06:39 PM
Is he really going to say anything else?

Well I thought he couldve been a bit less generous to Thomson.

muzzhfc
26-01-2014, 06:44 PM
Cheat, cheat, glorious cheat,
It's the team from tynecastle he loves,
The boy in the black should be getting the sack.....

Eyrie
26-01-2014, 06:46 PM
Today was further evidence of his bias against us.

Collins was clearly tripped, yet Thomson chose not to give us the penalty. But when there was the slightest contact in our box and the Septic player threw himself to the floor, he couldn't wait to give them the penalty.

And to prove I'm not biased in my opinion of him, I think he was right to award the free kick against Nelson. Of course, being Thomson he couldn't wait to get the yellow card out. Credit to the Septic player for an excellent strike.

Good to see Butcher highlighting Thomson's decisions.

JimBHibees
26-01-2014, 06:46 PM
Did anyone see the way that he spoke to Liam Craig when he booked him? Screaming at him and aggressively pointing. Personally thought it was disgusting and there is no way on god's earth he would speak to either of the OF captains in that manner.

Onion
26-01-2014, 06:48 PM

So, you would have us believe that the defendant, Craig Thomson, is completely incompetent but at the same time regarded by the authorities as our top referee ?

I put it to you that if incompetent, you would certainly expect decisions to even out over a match, matches or over time . No such evidence exists - quite the opposite. The defendant's proud, growing and virtually unblemished record of key decisions against Hibernian FC suggests a high level of competence (consistent with the SFA's own view)

Thomson stands before us GUILTY of premeditated, manipulation of the game and application of rules for his own self-gratification and prejudicial ends.

Jonnyboy
26-01-2014, 06:51 PM
So, you would have us believe that the defendant, Craig Thomson, is completely incompetent but at the same time regarded by the authorities as our top referee ?

I put it to you that if incompetent, you would certainly expect decisions to even out over a match, matches or over time . No such evidence exists - quite the opposite. The defendant's proud, growing and virtually unblemished record of key decisions against Hibernian FC suggests a high level of competence (consistent with the SFA's own view)

Thomson stands before us GUILTY of premeditated, manipulation of the game and application of rules for his own self-gratification and prejudicial ends.

Ah, the case for the prosecution and very well put may I say :aok:

Let's just agree the guy's a fud :greengrin

Craig_in_Prague
26-01-2014, 06:54 PM
Did anyone see the way that he spoke to Liam Craig when he booked him? Screaming at him and aggressively pointing. Personally thought it was disgusting and there is no way on god's earth he would speak to either of the OF captains in that manner.

Yep,
I've noticed Craig moaning at him at points during different games, it's no wonder players are raging when the cheats the ref.
He cant give hibs players a card quick enough.

leggeto
26-01-2014, 06:55 PM
He really is a Muppet hope I never see him again reffing us

LaMotta
26-01-2014, 07:02 PM

It was a ***** joke the way Thomson carried on there.

He had pulled the yellow out his pocket so Craig jogged off knowing he was about to get it but Thomson HAD to be the centre of attention and INSIST that Craig came back over to him so he could flash it in his pus.

Egomaniac.

SMAXXA
26-01-2014, 07:06 PM
Watching that ******* again today, I turned and said to my mate that I recon it won't be long before someone does him some harm. Not that I'm in any way advocating violence to be clear, I just feel the Hatred towards him is getting dangerously out of hand.

We as a club really need to do something about this with the SFA as it's beyond a joke and there are no signs of it changing.

hibbymick
26-01-2014, 07:10 PM
Watching that ******* again today, I turned and said to my mate that I recon it won't be long before someone does him some harm. Not that I'm in any way advocating violence to be clear, I just feel the Hatred towards him is getting dangerously out of hand.

We as a club really need to do something about this with the SFA as it's beyond a joke and there are no signs of it changing.

I said the same thing to my mate.

Aldo
26-01-2014, 07:14 PM
Watching that ******* again today, I turned and said to my mate that I recon it won't be long before someone does him some harm. Not that I'm in any way advocating violence to be clear, I just feel the Hatred towards him is getting dangerously out of hand. We as a club really need to do something about this with the SFA as it's beyond a joke and there are no signs of it changing.

I'm actually surprised something didn't happen after the cup final. I've seen the penalty incident a few times and the more I see it the more it was a penalty. As I say if that had happened in our box he would of blown for it before the Smellic player hit the ground.

That's 2 stonewall penalties in my book that he has failed to give us this season, in the last few weeks, and that along with numerous others incidents in the past few seasons is leaving a very bitter taste in my mouth.

I really do hope the club say or do something.

Nomeancity
26-01-2014, 07:30 PM
I think he is just really bad. Not sure about biased. He did today what I hate in refs. Made a point of pulling Craig back for a talking to - for fecks sake they are adults not school children. Give them the booking and get on with it.

Saorsa
26-01-2014, 07:35 PM
Take back what I said about liking him poor excuse for a ref....my blood is boiling!He's just incompetent don't you know? Tb is just the latest amongst the paranoid at hibs including Petrie an the boad, the refereeing experts on here said so. I cannae believe there's still a hibs supporter that thinks that **** isnae at it, they're either at the wind up or their ****in' eyes are painted on

Ray_
26-01-2014, 07:38 PM
Spot on Ray. Too much paranoia here. Thomson is a cock though 

I certainly agree with that, we have far too many crap REFs in this Country.

Saorsa
26-01-2014, 07:41 PM
We need to put in official complaint about him. Cheating ******* should never be allowed to referee another Hibs game.Lot of good that did before that final eh? despite having mr SFA running the club, but he'll say **** all in case it jeopardises his position.

Lucius Apuleius
26-01-2014, 07:44 PM
The man is a dirty &%$#"'* hertz cheatng $#@&*%$.

Saorsa
26-01-2014, 07:49 PM
I'm just waiting on Two Carpets tae come along and explain today's performance by the cheat purely as incompetence and how TB is just paranoid about the cheat like me and the majority of other fans on this thread

Oscar T Grouch
26-01-2014, 07:51 PM
It's this simple for me, i won't be going to another game he referees. For my own health, I almost burst something in ma heid today. Came home went to bed for two hours and I still feel terrible. Felt okay before the match.

Personally I'd be happy if he was hit by a bus tomorrow. He is incompetent, but he's also a cheat.

stantonhibby
26-01-2014, 07:52 PM
Lot of good that did before that final eh? despite having mr SFA running the club, but he'll say **** all in case it jeopardises his position.

Even on a thread about a ref you still shoehorn in a dig at RP. Yawn

Saorsa
26-01-2014, 07:53 PM
It's this simple for me, i won't be going to another game he referees. For my own health, I almost burst something in ma heid today. Came home went to bed for two hours and I still feel terrible. Felt okay before the match.

Personally I'd be happy if he was hit by a bus tomorrow. He is incompetent, but he's also a cheat.Probaly be nae shortage of volunteers tae be driving it

Saorsa
26-01-2014, 07:54 PM
Even on a thread about a ref you still shoehorn in a dig at RP. YawnIf yer tired go tae yer bed. Away and bile yer heid.

p.s. If my posts bore you as much as you bore me feel free tae use the ignore list :bye:

SMAXXA
26-01-2014, 07:55 PM
Probaly be nae shortage of volunteers tae be driving it

Double decker just to make sure.........

stantonhibby
26-01-2014, 07:56 PM
If yer tired go tae yer bed. Away and bile yer heid.

No thanks. Just bored with your chat.

Oscar T Grouch
26-01-2014, 07:57 PM
Probaly be nae shortage of volunteers tae be driving it

It wouldn't have to kill the barstewrd just cripple him ;)

Saorsa
26-01-2014, 07:58 PM
No thanks. Just bored with your chat.dinnae read it then :aok:

staunchhibby
26-01-2014, 08:07 PM
Wish there was somewhere where we can bombard the SFA to let them know our feelings about Thomson who is masquerading as a referee.FIFA got it spot in when they did not award a spot in the World Cup.:clown:

Nomeancity
26-01-2014, 08:14 PM
What an apt thread this is. Some people just want to be the center of attention.

ehf
26-01-2014, 08:14 PM

Don't know how you can say that; he has been systematically cheating us for over a decade, now.

He detests us so much, he can't stop himself, even on live TV. Thankfully, his all-consuming hatred of Hibs has cost him a place at the World Cup Finals.

mutley
26-01-2014, 08:24 PM
If players can get looked at in retrospect from the compliance officer, why can't officials be looked at by an independent body too?

staunchhibby
26-01-2014, 08:25 PM
The SFA and Vince Lunnie are quick to punish players for misdeamenours on the park.Is there no system for punishing so called referees for there constant sub standard displays.

Saorsa
26-01-2014, 08:26 PM
Afraid I don't subscribe to the cheat argument. He's just totally incompetentSorry John, I really cannae agree with that. Cannae belive anybody still watches his performances in our games and thinks it's purely incompetence. Is it really just a coincidence that the vast majority of his 'incompetent' decisions just happen tae be against us? When he makes these incompetent' decisions it always seem tae favour the team playing against us, can you list the many 'incompetent' decisions he's made that have favoured us and affected results in our favour?

snooky
26-01-2014, 08:28 PM

I think it is perfectly within the capability of mankind to be both incompetent and a cheat at the same time, JB.

Par exemple, Craig Thomson

Albanian Hibs
26-01-2014, 08:32 PM
I hate the cheating hertz *******

Carheenlea
26-01-2014, 08:33 PM
Craig Thomson wasn't emptied from FIFA's list of referees for this years World Cup just because of his dislike of Hibs. His incompetence is well known far and beyond these shores.

snooky
26-01-2014, 08:36 PM
Craig Thomson wasn't emptied from FIFA's list of referees for this years World Cup just because of his dislike of Hibs. His incompetence is well known far and beyond these shores.

Septic Bladder & Platini are closet Hibbies - fact!

Viva_Palmeiras
26-01-2014, 08:41 PM
If players can get looked at in retrospect from the compliance officer, why can't officials be looked at by an independent body too?

Apparently that newly created whistleblowing hotline was off the book after this afternoons latest installment ...

The Harp Awakes
26-01-2014, 08:50 PM
Although it's time for Hibs to make a complaint to the SFA about CT's performance, Rod Petrie's position on the SFA Board means that this is unlikely to happen. So CT will continue to ref Hibs games and continue to make decisions in favour of the opposition.

I remember a couple of years back someone on here posted the stats for all Hibs games where Thomson had been ref (results/pens/yellow and red cards, etc). They were pretty revealing then and must be stacked even more against us now.

Are there any stattos out there who can post the up to date figures?

Saorsa
26-01-2014, 08:51 PM
Although it's time for Hibs to make a complaint to the SFA about CT's performance, Rod Petrie's position on the SFA Board means that this is unlikely to happen. So CT will continue to ref Hibs games and continue to make decisions in favour of the opposition.

I remember a couple of years back someone on here posted the stats for all Hibs games where Thomson had been ref (results/pens/yellow and red cards, etc). They were pretty revealing then and must be stacked even more against us now.

Are there any stattos out there who can post the up to date figures?You cannae say that! :agree:

Jonnyboy
26-01-2014, 08:55 PM
Don't know how you can say that; he has been systematically cheating us for over a decade, now.

He detests us so much, he can't stop himself, even on live TV. Thankfully, his all-consuming hatred of Hibs has cost him a place at the World Cup Finals.

Sorry John, I really cannae agree with that. Cannae belive anybody still watches his performances in our games and thinks it's purely incompetence. Is it really just a coincidence that the vast majority of his 'incompetent' decisions just happen tae be against us? When he makes these incompetent' decisions it always seem tae favour the team playing against us, can you list the many 'incompetent' decisions he's made that have favoured us and affected results in our favour?

Took a while to get a bite :greengrin

He's a cheat and incompetent :aok:

Makaveli
26-01-2014, 08:58 PM
Definitely a cheat , despise the ####. Heard Terry's interview with Chick Dung on the radio on the way home from the match , ( its on BBC website now )1st time i can really remember a Hibs official having a go at him. Time to keep the pressure up.

Fenlon was pretty straightforward about Thomson a month before the final:

“It’s not a booking. I’ve just watched it and it’s a foul on Leigh. He’s clearly through on goal and he’s hardly going to go down. That’s the problem, it’s the same as we had with Ivan up in Aberdeen. Funnily enough it was the same referee. There’s nothing we can do about a player getting booked when he shouldn’t be booked.”

Sproule himself spoke out, more than two years ago: “You get into trouble for speaking out but I am giving my honest opinion on what was a shocking decision. Players get punished for other actions and maybe it will take putting a referee down to the First Division for a week or two because that was nothing short of a shambles."

And the decisions he'd been giving against us went back well beyond that game. Even without the ludicrous non-booking of Black and the phantom penalty for Suso, there's been a consistent narrative of Thomson wrongly giving decisions against us.

The guy is a cheat, plain and simple. Being incompetent in non-Hibs games doesn't invalidate that.

Saorsa
26-01-2014, 08:59 PM

He's a cheat and incompetent :aok::grr:

silverhibee
26-01-2014, 09:02 PM

:agree:

silverhibee
26-01-2014, 09:05 PM
:wink:

Leithenhibby
26-01-2014, 09:09 PM

This, pretty much covers it for me!

Incompetent tw^t :agree:

snooky
26-01-2014, 09:10 PM

He's a cheat and incompetent :aok:

Caught a few dozen cran wi' that shot o' nets, JB :greengrin
(Me being one!)

Jonnyboy
26-01-2014, 09:12 PM
Caught a few dozen cran wi' that shot o' nets, JB :greengrin
(Me being one!)

:greengrin

Don't try that often but enjoy it when it works :greengrin

Jack Hackett
26-01-2014, 09:15 PM
Fenlon was pretty straightforward about Thomson a month before the final:

“It’s not a booking. I’ve just watched it and it’s a foul on Leigh. He’s clearly through on goal and he’s hardly going to go down. That’s the problem, it’s the same as we had with Ivan up in Aberdeen. Funnily enough it was the same referee. There’s nothing we can do about a player getting booked when he shouldn’t be booked.”

Sproule himself spoke out, more than two years ago: “You get into trouble for speaking out but I am giving my honest opinion on what was a shocking decision. Players get punished for other actions and maybe it will take putting a referee down to the First Division for a week or two because that was nothing short of a shambles."

And the decisions he'd been giving against us went back well beyond that game. Even without the ludicrous non-booking of Black and the phantom penalty for Suso, there's been a consistent narrative of Thomson wrongly giving decisions against us.

The guy is a cheat, plain and simple. Being incompetent in non-Hibs games doesn't invalidate that.

What really gets to me is the fact that he gets away with it time after time. As a consequence of this the fud will continue to shaft us, safe in the knowledge that the people who could do something, won't. He probably believes he is untouchable.

I wouldn't put it past him to actually be looking in on this thread knowing we'll be raging, and having a good s****** to himself

Saorsa
26-01-2014, 09:18 PM
What really gets to me is the fact that he gets away with it time after time. As a consequence of this the fud will continue to shaft us, safe in the knowledge that the people who could do something, won't. He probably believes he is untouchable.

I wouldn't put it past him to actually be looking in on this thread knowing we'll be raging, and having a good s****** to himselfDinnae be so paranoid, it's just (one sided) incompetence. :agree:

Twa Cairpets
26-01-2014, 09:22 PM
I'm just waiting on Two Carpets tae come along and explain today's performance by the cheat purely as incompetence and how TB is just paranoid about the cheat like me and the majority of other fans on this thread

From where I was at the time I thought it was a penalty

From where watched it at HT under the East I know it was penalty, and I am utterly, totally astounded at his incompetence. I discussed it with my son and his idea is one that I think has some credibility - his theory is that Thomson doesn't like Hibs, for whatever reason, and that in that moment when he makes a decision there is a balance of subconscious processing that comes down against us. I honestly - yes, even after that horror show of a refereeing performance today - don't think he goes out to cheat deliberately. He didn't give the very easy decision up in the Sheepdome against Nelson when he handled it - much more of a handball than today in my opinion, and that tends to provide evidence that he is just monstrously keech.

I said on the last thread on Thomson that I think he is hugely over-rated as a result of making the wrong calls on the big decisions and his posturing, pompous centre-of-attention way of conducting himself does my nut. I don't know if its ego that overcomes his decision making, or whatever, but today was a classic example of all the things that make him a very, very poor referee - I still don't buy the active cheat theory, but equally confess that it is harder not to come to that conclusion, and wouldn't have a pop at anyone who thinks he is.

Finally, if the comments made to the players and Butcher have been accurately relayed, then that is what Hibs should complain about as if this is what he said then frankly, he is just making laws up, and that is something that the SFA should hanmer him on, if only because of the effect it'll have on grassroots games. Its bad enough when pundits give wrong information about what decisions were given. When grade one referees do it you just want to find a wall to bang your head against.

Jack Hackett
26-01-2014, 09:23 PM
Dinnae be so paranoid, it's just (one sided) incompetence. :agree:

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean he isn't out to screw us :grr:

F***in' Yam welt :yw:

Carheenlea
26-01-2014, 09:37 PM
Like any professional I'd imagine Craig Thomson will watch re-runs of games in which he officiates in and assesses his performance. Today's error strewn display, and one to add to his ever increasing list of incompetence, will maybe see him question his ability to officiate in Scotland's top flight, and might well hasten his departure from this level of refereeing.

SaulGoodman
26-01-2014, 09:38 PM
Did I hear Sportscene right?

We should have had 3 penalties?

Seemed to be getting stuck into Thomson

Saorsa
26-01-2014, 09:39 PM
Like any professional I'd imagine Craig Thomson will watch re-runs of games in which he officiates in and assesses his performance. Today's error strewn display, and one to add to his ever increasing list of incompetence, will maybe see him question his ability to officiate in Scotland's top flight, and might well hasten his departure from this level.I think you give him too much credit, his overwhelming arrogance will overcome all of that. He'll stop when he's put out tae grass, unless he receives an 'unfortunate' injury before then.

Eyrie
26-01-2014, 09:53 PM
Like any professional I'd imagine Craig Thomson will watch re-runs of games in which he officiates in and assesses his performance. Today's error strewn display, and one to add to his ever increasing list of incompetence, will maybe see him question his ability to officiate in Scotland's top flight, and might well hasten his departure from this level of refereeing.

Thomson will be watching the penalty incidents with a large glass of champagne and a big grin because he knows he will get away with shafting us yet again whilst Butcher will end up in trouble for highlighting it.

LaMotta
26-01-2014, 09:54 PM

I discussed it with my son and his idea is one that I think has some credibility - his theory is that Thomson doesn't like Hibs, for whatever reason, and that in that moment when he makes a decision there is a balance of subconscious processing that comes down against us.

Sproules comments after the Aberdeen game mentioned by Makeveli above really riled Thomson, as he admits in this Telegraph article (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/scotland/8968697/Craig-Thomson-endures-day-of-mixed-fortunes.html) shortly after the game. Quote below:

Thomson confessed that his spirits had plunged after the events at Pittodrie – not only because of his own misjudgments but also because of Sproule’s scalding words.
“I was low at the weekend because I made a mistake but it was almost a double kick at you – it was a cheap shot,” said Thomson.

ehf
26-01-2014, 09:55 PM

He'll be watching a re-run of today's game and indulging in an act of auto-eroticism right now.

Jonnyboy
26-01-2014, 09:56 PM

Sproules comments after the Aberdeen game mentioned by Makeveli above really riled Thomson, as he admits in this Telegraph article (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/scotland/8968697/Craig-Thomson-endures-day-of-mixed-fortunes.html) shortly after the game. Quote below:

Thomson confessed that his spirits had plunged after the events at Pittodrie – not only because of his own misjudgments but also because of Sproule’s scalding words.
“I was low at the weekend because I made a mistake but it was almost a double kick at you – it was a cheap shot,” said Thomson.

Since when is telling the truth a cheap shot?

Northernhibee
26-01-2014, 10:06 PM
He really is a classless arrogant twat.

LaMotta
26-01-2014, 10:09 PM
[/B]

Ivan hurt his feelings that day and it seems that Thomson has been punishing us ever since.

Saorsa
26-01-2014, 10:14 PM
Ivan hurt his feelings that day and it seems that Thomson has been punishing us ever since.:violin:

Who did it before Ivan? He was at it before that.

snooky
26-01-2014, 10:18 PM
[/B]

Shirley Ivan was just having 'a shot at a cheat'

Hermit Crab
26-01-2014, 10:19 PM
Have to say I didn't think it was a penalty for us and having only seen it again once I'm still not convinced.

His failure to book izza what's his name for persistent fouling was bad. Most 50/50s involving Scott brown went his way.

I also think this thread has gone the way of hearts and OF class with the abuse dished out. Non of which will change the result or stop him reffing us again.

Sir David Gray
26-01-2014, 10:32 PM
Have to say I didn't think it was a penalty for us and having only seen it again once I'm still not convinced.

His failure to book izza what's his name for persistent fouling was bad. Most 50/50s involving Scott brown went his way.

I also think this thread has gone the way of hearts and OF class with the abuse dished out. Non of which will change the result or stop him reffing us again.

It was a definite penalty. Van Dijk made contact with Collins' ankle. He tried to stay up for a split second, which is why it maybe looked to a few people like it was a bit soft, but I would expect to get a penalty for that every day of the week.

It beggars belief actually.

BurstBaw
26-01-2014, 10:35 PM

👍

Deansy
26-01-2014, 10:41 PM
At least BBC Scot Radio know about Thomson's history with us - 'not popular at Hibs as he's been involved in several/numerous highly-controversial incidents involving them' was one of the lines in a discussion over the ******'s performance.

ehf
26-01-2014, 10:52 PM

Have another look; as clear-cut a penalty as you'll ever see, and a red card for the defender.

There's "Not Hibs Class" and there's not taking a stand in the face of institutionalised corruption which has systematically disadvantaged us for over a decade.

Today was the same as the 2012 Cup Final; it's unlikely we would have won, but we'll never know because the proceedings were never a level playing field. They were hijacked and converted into a perverted ego- and hate-fest by Thomson.

There's a thread on fans who left early today. I stayed to the end because I felt our players deserved support and appreciation for their efforts to win this skewed contest. In retrospect, I wish I had walked out as soon as the cheat refused to award the penalty. Maybe next time he gets to "officiate" one of our matches, we should orchestrate a mass walk-out at his first corrupt decision. That would surely bring his malfeasance the attention it deserves.

matty_f
27-01-2014, 01:09 AM
There is no doubt in my mind that he's a cheat, and specifically he's a chat against us.

Sunny1875
27-01-2014, 05:43 AM
When he's next awarded one of our home games anyone not willing to go and watch his performance should inform the club via email as to why they are staying away. If it is a televised game then some sort of visual and vocal protest should be made by the fans, if an Incompetent decision is made.then walk, Out. Whichever way it's done the media coverage would leave no option but to investigate further. Also with 3 sides of the ground shouting cheat as he makes his way to the park and at every decision from the tossing of the coin, and anything else he's involved in.

Aldo
27-01-2014, 05:54 AM
Have to say I didn't think it was a penalty for us and having only seen it again once I'm still not convinced. His failure to book izza what's his name for persistent fouling was bad. Most 50/50s involving Scott brown went his way. I also think this thread has gone the way of hearts and OF class with the abuse dished out. Non of which will change the result or stop him reffing us again.

HC if that had been any of our defenders making a tackle like that yesterday Thompson would of blown and pointed to the spot before the Smellic player had hit the ground....simple as that.

It was a Stonewaller.

Thompson should never get to ref our games and I would like to think the powers that be will act (but know they won't)

Weststandwanab
27-01-2014, 06:32 AM
When he's next awarded one of our home games anyone not willing to go and watch his performance should inform the club via email as to why they are staying away. If it is a televised game then some sort of visual and vocal protest should be made by the fans, if an Incompetent decision is made.then walk, Out. Whichever way it's done the media coverage would leave no option but to investigate further. Also with 3 sides of the ground shouting cheat as he makes his way to the park and at every decision from the tossing of the coin, and anything else he's involved in. A great idea.

Viva_Palmeiras
27-01-2014, 06:38 AM
When he's next awarded one of our home games anyone not willing to go and watch his performance should inform the club via email as to why they are staying away. If it is a televised game then some sort of visual and vocal protest should be made by the fans, if an Incompetent decision is made.then walk, Out. Whichever way it's done the media coverage would leave no option but to investigate further. Also with 3 sides of the ground shouting cheat as he makes his way to the park and at every decision from the tossing of the coin, and anything else he's involved in.

I get your sentiment and I guess the question is what else is there for Hibs to do but that's not helping the club or the players (who are already up against it with Thomson).

If we can't have or we aspire to having independent referees and officials then they should be scrutinised independently. Or get the Maltesers back...

delbert
27-01-2014, 07:25 AM
At least BBC Scot Radio know about Thomson's history with us - 'not popular at Hibs as he's been involved in several/numerous highly-controversial incidents involving them' was one of the lines in a discussion over the ******'s performance.

Fans give referees stick, its what we do and it will always be so. What gets to me is the fact that this guy is actually rated currently as our No 1 referee, that just beggars belief, I doubt if he is the best referee in his own house, let alone the country. When we think back to guys who used to occupy the No 1 accolade who we still gave stick to such as George Smith, Brian McGinlay, Bob Valentine, Jim McCluskey, there is absolutely no comparison, its like comparing a bottle of Dom Perignon with a bottle of Buckfast, these guys were genuinely good referees and you only have to mention those names to ex-players to know they were respected by them. And at no time did i ever think that anything these guys did was down to a lack of integrity, not even the penalty not given by McGinlay in the 1979 Cup Final, it was a mistake pure and simple and the same guy had no hesitation in giving us a penalty in the 1991 Skol Cup Final. I would like to think the catalogue of high profile errors made by Thomson in matches all over Europe is down to nothing but utter incompetence, but with so many against Hibs in particular and on a regular basis, questions can only be asked as to how it is possible to make glaring mistakes on a regular basis against one club in particular, it just does not add up.

Onion
27-01-2014, 07:56 AM
Lot of good that did before that final eh? despite having mr SFA running the club, but he'll say **** all in case it jeopardises his position.

Waiting for the club to do something is a waste of time. They'll not complain to the SFA or say anything through the media - we're just far too "nice" for that. Also no point in fans writing to the SFA, they must get hundreds of letters every week and will just ignore them.

Nope, this all comes down to Hibs fans and whether or not the time has come to really ramp the pressure on this guy. I'm not talking about booing CT during a match (he just gets off on that) but a concerted campaign to raise the issue at every opportunity in the media :

banners at his Hibs matches,
raising it on phone-ins at every opportunity,
boycotting his matches (home or away) - radical, but also high profile !
mocking EVERY decision he makes at a Hibs match - whether its right, wrong for Hibs or against us.

Only be doing something out of the ordinary will we get his and more importantly the media's attention to the issue. The SFA will hate it, but it will really put a spotlight on EVERY decision this cheat makes in the match.

truehibernian
27-01-2014, 08:11 AM

I've found that since Kenny McIntyre took over the weekly Sportsound show it's been really really good and actually talks about things that fans discuss - Kenny appears quite happy to mix it and the debate is always good. Also unafraid to take folk on that aren't happy with anyone challenging the status quo.

Perhaps those that use social media could tweet him, or e-mail him, and outline all the decisions that this incompetent has made against Hibs - and in Europe - and challenge whether he is a 'top whistler'.

I'd hazard a guess that seeing as he has been totally overlooked for the World Cup he has been spotted as being very poor in the Euro games - I wonder if he has been reported by clubs ? Was it not Malaga's owner that was going to report him to UEFA ? Maybe I am wrong on that one.

Off the top of my head I can think of the Fletch sending off, Pawlett dive, Ivan sending off, Pa Kujabi 'penalty', yesterday's penalty not given, Black's elbow on Leigh unpunished. In his high profile Euro games he has incorrectly given penaties, some outside the area.

I can't think of a ref, who has come in for so much consistent criticism from managers, players and those abroad, who has got so many top games and appointments - staggering really.

Callum Murray and Steven McLean are Scotland's top refs for me. Thomson doesn't even come close to their performances.

dangermouse
27-01-2014, 08:22 AM
It was clear to me from very early on we would be playing against 12 players yesterday. Just prior to the opening goal Izzy-what-his-name shoves Zouby with both hands on his back near their corner flag but Celtic get a goal kick, run up the park and score

Saorsa
27-01-2014, 08:23 AM
I've found that since Kenny McIntyre took over the weekly Sportsound show it's been really really good and actually talks about things that fans discuss - Kenny appears quite happy to mix it and the debate is always good. Also unafraid to take folk on that aren't happy with anyone challenging the status quo.

Perhaps those that use social media could tweet him, or e-mail him, and outline all the decisions that this incompetent has made against Hibs - and in Europe - and challenge whether he is a 'top whistler'.

I'd hazard a guess that seeing as he has been totally overlooked for the World Cup he has been spotted as being very poor in the Euro games - I wonder if he has been reported by clubs ? Was it not Malaga's owner that was going to report him to UEFA ? Maybe I am wrong on that one.

Off the top of my head I can think of the Fletch sending off, Pawlett dive, Ivan sending off, Pa Kujabi 'penalty', yesterday's penalty not given, Black's elbow on Leigh unpunished. In his high profile Euro games he has incorrectly given penaties, some outside the area.

I can't think of a ref, who has come in for so much consistent criticism from managers, players and those abroad, who has got so many top games and appointments - staggering really.

Callum Murray and Steven McLean are Scotland's top refs for me. Thomson doesn't even come close to their performances.but his face (**** knows why) obviously fits at the SFA and that is much mair important than being any good.

s.a.m
27-01-2014, 08:37 AM

Callum Murray and Steven McLean are Scotland's top refs for me. Thomson doesn't even come close to their performances.

:agree: It's certainly a big improvement on the boorish and boring Traynor phone-in.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-01-2014, 08:38 AM
Hes a cheating hearts ****bag !

J-C
27-01-2014, 09:01 AM
It's astonishing that this guy is still refereeing at the top level considering the amount of gaff's(cheating or not) he's made over the past few years, do the powers that be ever look at these guys regularly and consider their performances, it looks like they don't as he's still reffing our games.

Sergio sledge
27-01-2014, 09:23 AM
There are three mistakes in the handball incident IMHO and Thomson compounds his first mistake, giving the free kick in the first place by making two further mistakes, the third of which directly results in the goal which snuffed out our momentum and allowed Celtic to coast to victory. Here's the handball rule:

Handling the ball
Handling the ball involves a deliberate act of a player making contact with the ball with his hand or arm. The referee must take the following into consideration:
• the movement of the hand towards the ball (not the ball towards the hand)
• the distance between the opponent and the ball (unexpected ball)
• the position of the hand does not necessarily mean that there is an infringement
• touching the ball with an object held in the hand (clothing, shinguard, etc.) counts as an infringement
• hitting the ball with a thrown object (boot, shinguard, etc.) counts as an infringement.

Disciplinary sanctions
There are circumstances when a caution for unsporting behaviour is required when a player deliberately handles the ball, e.g. when a player:
• deliberately and blatantly handles the ball to prevent an opponent gaining possession
• attempts to score a goal by deliberately handling the ball

A player is sent off, however, if he prevents a goal or an obvious goalscoring opportunity by deliberately handling the ball. This punishment arises not from the act of the player deliberately handling the ball but from the unacceptable
and unfair intervention that prevented a goal being scored.

The foul - Butcher says that Thomson admitted it was not deliberate, therefore it is not a the rules are pretty clear that it has to be deliberate handball, there is no allowance for stopping the ball getting to an opponent which is what Thomson has claimed is the reason for giving the foul.

The booking - The rules state that "There are circumstances when a caution for unsporting behaviour is required ...when a player:
• deliberately and blatantly handles the ball to prevent an opponent gaining possession" again, Thomson said to Butcher that the handball wasn't deliberate, so he cannot book Nelson for it.

Restart of play - Thomson gives a direct free kick which Celtic score from but if, as Butcher says Thomson admitted, he thought that the handball wasn't deliberate but is wanting to give the free kick then it should have been an indirect free kick.

A direct free kick is also awarded to the opposing team if a player commits any
of the following three offences:
• holds an opponent
• spits at an opponent
• handles the ball deliberately (except for the goalkeeper within his own
penalty area)

and...

An indirect free kick is also awarded to the opposing team if, in the opinion of
the referee, a player:
• plays in a dangerous manner
• impedes the progress of an opponent
• prevents the goalkeeper from releasing the ball from his hands
• commits any other offence, not previously mentioned in Law 12, for which
play is stopped to caution or send off a player

So:
• according to Thomson it wasn't deliberate therefore it shouldn't have been a free kick. He gave a free kick.
• according to Thomson it wasn't deliberate therefore it shouldn't have been a booking. He booked Nelson.
• according to Thomson it wasn't deliberate therefore it shouldn't have been a direct free kick. He gave a direct free kick.

The Collins penalty decision is so blatant it is ridiculous.

matty_f
27-01-2014, 09:33 AM
There are three mistakes in the handball incident IMHO and Thomson compounds his first mistake, giving the free kick in the first place by making two further mistakes, the third of which directly results in the goal which snuffed out our momentum and allowed Celtic to coast to victory. Here's the handball rule:

The foul - Butcher says that Thomson admitted it was not deliberate, therefore it is not a the rules are pretty clear that it has to be deliberate handball, there is no allowance for stopping the ball getting to an opponent which is what Thomson has claimed is the reason for giving the foul.

The booking - The rules state that "There are circumstances when a caution for unsporting behaviour is required ...when a player:
• deliberately and blatantly handles the ball to prevent an opponent gaining possession" again, Thomson said to Butcher that the handball wasn't deliberate, so he cannot book Nelson for it.

Restart of play - Thomson gives a direct free kick which Celtic score from but if, as Butcher says Thomson admitted, he thought that the handball wasn't deliberate but is wanting to give the free kick then it should have been an indirect free kick.

So:
• according to Thomson it wasn't deliberate therefore it shouldn't have been a free kick. He gave a free kick.
• according to Thomson it wasn't deliberate therefore it shouldn't have been a booking. He booked Nelson.
• according to Thomson it wasn't deliberate therefore it shouldn't have been a direct free kick. He gave a direct free kick.

The Collins penalty decision is so blatant it is ridiculous.

Get that emailed to Vince Lunny. Also point out that the other mistake that the Celtc player was offside before Nelson's hand hit the ball, so the free kickshould have gone Hibs' way.

Twa Cairpets
27-01-2014, 09:55 AM
Good points, but not quite right. The error is compounded by Thomson's apparent explanation, which is where he is just plain wrong as far as I can see and has made stuff up.

Correct, except that consideration and instruction is also given by/to refs about unnatural position of the hand - i.e. a handball can also be given if it is not deliberate but the hand is in an "unnatural position". Nelsons clearly wasn't

I agree. What I don't understand is why Thomson would make this statement knowing, surely, it would be cast up. If its accurately reported, then you're right, Thomson is making up rules. To me the action of an incompetent rather than a cheat

This is wrong, but I see where you're coming from. The sanction for a handball is always a direct free-kick. If he;s given a handball - regardless of how he's explained it - the only correct result is a direct free kick. So he's right in outcome but wrong in the reason why he came to that outcome if what he said is accurate.

So:

The Collins penalty decision is so blatant it is ridiculous. Dang tootin
Thomson is a muppet.

delbert
27-01-2014, 10:34 AM
Get that emailed to Vince Lunny. Also point out that the other mistake that the Celtc player was offside before Nelson's hand hit the ball, so the free kickshould have gone Hibs' way.

Sorry but the earlier explanation has a few errors, firstly handball does NOt need to be deliberate, a foul can also be awarded if the arm is deemed to be in an unnatural position, think we have this now understood. The referee does not just take into account the deliberate aspect when deciding on a caution, there are other factors, such as position on field of play, the other factors have been discussed, but I would imagine the caution was given because the referee felt the arm was in an unnatural position as opposed to deliberate, and that where it occurred had a real effect on the play, ie position on the field. Lastly for avoidance of doubt, if handball is penalised, it can NEVER be an indirect offence, it will always be a direct free kick, as its one of the 10 specified direct free kick offences.

I understand that people come on and quote from the Laws of the Game, but referees also receive other instructions from Uefa and particularly Fifa regarding the interpretation of various offences and how they should be administered which fans are not aware of, but which referees and the clubs are made aware of, not making excuses, its just a fact.

One final point, the Celtc player in the offside position never became active by receiving the ball, so the assistant referee correctly held his flag, there was no offside to give, just being in an offside position is not an offence.

Kato
27-01-2014, 10:36 AM
Putting aside the finer points of the laws for me a lot of what he does is about the body langauge. If there is a decision to be made which may turn out in Hibs favour he pauses, looks around, hesitates then makes his mind up. If it's a decision which could be going against us there is no hesitation, cards out straight away/emphatically pointing to the spot - he just can't wait, surprised he doesn't do a lap of honour after every pen decision.

After watching him the last 5-6 years no-one is going to convince me that he hasn't got something against us and he shows it in the decisions he gives against us.

Still, what I expect to hear is "these things even themselves up" - so hopefully from now on he'll give us a succesion of penalties and yellow/red cards against our opponents, which isn't going to happen.

degenerated
27-01-2014, 11:45 AM
If we all chipped in a couple of quid each we could put a significant wager on him awarding a penalty against us or a sending off in each game. The size of the wager would be enough to set alarm bells ringing in terms of potential match fixing, even better if it was one of our posters in the Middle East or Asia who placed the bet :hilarious

The resultant winnings could be donated to the youth set up at the club. Win/win

Ronniekirk
27-01-2014, 11:56 AM
Sorry but the earlier explanation has a few errors, firstly handball does NOt need to be deliberate, a foul can also be awarded if the arm is deemed to be in an unnatural position, think we have this now understood. The referee does not just take into account the deliberate aspect when deciding on a caution, there are other factors, such as position on field of play, the other factors have been discussed, but I would imagine the caution was given because the referee felt the arm was in an unnatural position as opposed to deliberate, and that where it occurred had a real effect on the play, ie position on the field. Lastly for avoidance of doubt, if handball is penalised, it can NEVER be an indirect offence, it will always be a direct free kick, as its one of the 10 specified direct free kick offences.

I understand that people come on and quote from the Laws of the Game, but referees also receive other instructions from Uefa and particularly Fifa regarding the interpretation of various offences and how they should be administered which fans are not aware of, but which referees and the clubs are made aware of, not making excuses, its just a fact.

One final point, the Celtc player in the offside position never became active by receiving the ball, so the assistant referee correctly held his flag, there was no offside to give, just being in an offside position is not an offence.

Have they done away with the offence Loitering with intent in scots law Always wondered how you prove that someone has intent before they actually do anything in the area they are Loitering in .

matty_f
27-01-2014, 12:09 PM

He was the player that Nelson's hand prevented the ball going through to, if that's being taken into consideration in giving the foul then I fail to see how he can be anything other than active and therefore offside.

carnoustiehibee
27-01-2014, 12:13 PM
If we all chipped in a couple of quid each we could put a significant wager on him awarding a penalty against us or a sending off in each game. The size of the wager would be enough to set alarm bells ringing in terms of potential match fixing, even better if it was one of our posters in the Middle East or Asia who placed the bet :hilarious

The resultant winnings could be donated to the youth set up at the club. Win/win

I like the sound of this. Hibs need to do something to attract the media and SFA attention.

Bring back those Maltese refs

tomf
27-01-2014, 12:32 PM

I have to commend Sergio on the post. It gives impartial clarity to yet another disgraceful act of cheating from Thomson. I agree with Matty's point to include a mention of the player being offside. I appreciate that some people have argued that he isn't offside until he touches the ball, which, if correct, would nulify this point but my belief is that the rule also relates to interfering with play. If (by Thomson's interpretation) the Hibs player handled the ball and prevented it reaching that very same payer, then I would suggest that he interfered with play and should have been deemed offside. The offside offence would precede the hand ball. Would the Celtic fans have cried cheat if Thomson had given offside? As for the fact that Hibs didn't get a stonewall penalty I would advise Hermit (or is it Hermistone?) Crab to go to Specsavers and help pay Thomson's sponsors.Good to hear the Celtic fans taunting Terry Butcher by chanting Maradona's name...another fine example of fair play. I am sick of the individual and institutionalised cheating that is ruining a great sport; be it diving, financial doping, match fixing or the most biased referee...and the idiot fans who gloat because the cheating favours their teams. What goes around comes around.

Hibdan12
27-01-2014, 12:35 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Be_OmKOIUAA5PIu.jpg:large

Hibdan12
27-01-2014, 12:37 PM

i would also like to add how ugly all these little mutants are! lets get Thompson sacked!

Hibs7
27-01-2014, 12:40 PM
From someone who is friends of his ...... He is a nice man and not a Jambo !!!!i nearly choked on my tea !!! He is just a very poor referee !!!

delbert
27-01-2014, 12:44 PM
He was the player that Nelson's hand prevented the ball going through to, if that's being taken into consideration in giving the foul then I fail to see how he can be anything other than active and therefore offside.

The whole point is that the ball did not get to the player in the offside position, therefore as far as the law is concerned, he did not become active and correctly the flag stayed down - the first line in the offside law, a very short law I might add, states in bold letters that merely being in an offside position is not in itself the offence. As far as interfering with play goes, just because Nelson is aware that there is a Celtc player behind him, that does not mean the Celtc player is either interfering with play or interfering with an opponent, indeed if Nelson did'nt know there was an opponent behind him, then he should be doing another job. Thats how the law is written and more importantly, how officials the world over are told to interpret it, for many years the offside law was loaded heavily in favour of defenders, but over the last 15 or so years, the way it has been rewritten and more importantly interpreted is to load the law much more in favour of the attacking side so that more goals are scored

Paisley Hibby
27-01-2014, 01:38 PM

Good post mate. I'd also add that what's been posted about Thomson's "explanation" is all based on what Terry Butcher said - ie second hand. I'm not saying that Terry made it up but I'd reserve judgement. We really need to calm down about this guy. He's not a cheat, he's just not very good. And the same could be said of our defending at times yesterday and that's the real reason we lost.

Saorsa
27-01-2014, 01:55 PM
Good post mate. I'd also add that what's been posted about Thomson's "explanation" is all based on what Terry Butcher said - ie second hand. I'm not saying that Terry made it up but I'd reserve judgement. We really need to calm down about this guy. He's not a cheat, he's just not very good. And the same could be said of our defending at times yesterday and that's the real reason we lost.How many 'mistakes' did he make that favoured us? Just pure coincidence that all his 'mistakes' in our games benefit the opposing team, ok then :aok:

Twa Cairpets
27-01-2014, 02:17 PM
How many 'mistakes' did he make that favoured us? Just pure coincidence that all his 'mistakes' in our games benefit the opposing team, ok then :aok:

Apart from of course the not given penalty in Aberdeen a couple of weeks ago, eh? Confirmation bias (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias) is a great theory...

I had a quick look at the stats http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/hibernian-fc/schiedsrichterdetail/verein_903_149.html

In league games the record is W12, D3, L16 - I'd guess probably if anything a slightly better return than our average (this is a guess) over his active career. We've had one penalty, opponents 2. He's sent 6 of ours off, 2 opponents.

If he is a deliberate cheat and out to get us, then it's yet another thing he's not very good at.

Sergio sledge
27-01-2014, 02:28 PM
Good points, but not quite right. The error is compounded by Thomson's apparent explanation, which is where he is just plain wrong as far as I can see and has made stuff up.

Thomson is a muppet.

Fair enough, I'm not a ref, so I don't know what extra instructions they've received. Why are these extra instructions not written into the rules anyway so that us mere mortals have a point of reference to try to understand refereeing decisions? :greengrin Something needs to be written into the handball rule to explain the "unnatural position" catch all as there is nothing in the rules about that.

I stand by the general gist of my post though, if what Butcher has claimed is correct then it's the clearest indication yet that Thomson doesn't know the rules and is incompetent.

Cropley10
27-01-2014, 02:44 PM
The whole point is that the ball did not get to the player in the offside position, therefore as far as the law is concerned, he did not become active and correctly the flag stayed down - the first line in the offside law, a very short law I might add, states in bold letters that merely being in an offside position is not in itself the offence. As far as interfering with play goes, just because Nelson is aware that there is a Celtc player behind him, that does not mean the Celtc player is either interfering with play or interfering with an opponent, indeed if Nelson did'nt know there was an opponent behind him, then he should be doing another job. Thats how the law is written and more importantly, how officials the world over are told to interpret it, for many years the offside law was loaded heavily in favour of defenders, but over the last 15 or so years, the way it has been rewritten and more importantly interpreted is to load the law much more in favour of the attacking side so that more goals are scored

The player was standing in an offside position, therefore had the ball gone through to him he would have been offside.

The linesman was correct, but the ref seems to have used the fact the ball was prevented from going to a player, who was essentially 'inelligble' to receive it.

allmodcons
27-01-2014, 02:54 PM
The player was standing in an offside position, therefore had the ball gone through to him he would have been offside.

The linesman was correct, but the ref seems to have used the fact the ball was prevented from going to a player, who was essentially 'inelligble' to receive it.

This is what is bothering me aswell. When the ball was kicked by Pukki (?) Samaras was offside. Surely this precedes the hand ball?

That said, it won't matter to CT. He comes across as an extremely arrogant individual, who I'm sure doesn't give a toss that he's made another shocking decision against Hibs. If he's not a cheat, he in one seriously incompetent referee.

Onion
27-01-2014, 02:56 PM

Hmm... and what about interfering with play ? If the pass was meant for that player, which Thomson's comment suggests, then he was active the moment the ball was played by the Celtic player = offside.

Hibiza
27-01-2014, 02:56 PM
BIGOT, cant be anything else. :flag:

ahibby
27-01-2014, 03:05 PM
Apart from the SC Final, I have seen little to convince me that he is against us. He was probably more for Hearts than against us in that game, highlighted by him leading them out for the second half.

Anyways he denied us a stonewall penalty yesterday for the second week running, he let Celtic away with pushing with hands and yet penalized Collins for what looked to me like a shoulder challenge, physical yes but perfectly legal from where I sat. Those factors contributed to me throwing a hissy fit at the game. Sometimes it is so frustrating being a fan. Talking about frustration I wonder whether I would have thrown the fit if we had put away a couple of our chances/half chances. I don't have a problem with the free kick against Nelson as I think that he was due that for what some call cute play.

eastterrace
27-01-2014, 03:34 PM
Apart from the SC Final, I have seen little to convince me that he is against us. He was probably more for Hearts than against us in that game, highlighted by him leading them out for the second half.

Anyways he denied us a stonewall penalty yesterday for the second week running, he let Celtic away with pushing with hands and yet penalized Collins for what looked to me like a shoulder challenge, physical yes but perfectly legal from where I sat. Those factors contributed to me throwing a hissy fit at the game. Sometimes it is so frustrating being a fan. Talking about frustration I wonder whether I would have thrown the fit if we had put away a couple of our chances/half chances. I don't have a problem with the free kick against Nelson as I think that he was due that for what some call cute play.
was he not the ref in semi final dunfermline gave pen against chris hogg he couldnae wait to point to the spot also refused us one just moments earlier, he just hates us for some reason.

Saorsa
27-01-2014, 03:41 PM
was he not the ref in semi final dunfermline gave pen against chris hogg he couldnae wait to point to the spot also refused us one just moments earlier, he just hates us for some reason.Yes it was him, ours (Shiels fouled by Bamba) was as much or mair of a penalty than theirs but we got **** all.

That was just another mistake though, that we never got that penalty and they got one shortly efter. :agree:

JimBHibees
27-01-2014, 03:57 PM
Yes it was him, ours (Shiels fouled by Bamba) was as much or mair of a penalty than theirs but we got **** all. That was just another mistake though, that we never got that penalty and they got one shortly efter.

A worse decision was in the first game when Adam Hammell did an outrageous two foot challenge on Lewis in full view of the cheat which was conveniently ignored, not even a yellow from what I remember. We should have been playing against 10 for an hour of the first match. Given this was the same guy that won :rolleyes: the pen in extra time of the second game it is a little galling. Compare and contrast with the straight red for Fletch which completely changed the SC tie v Hearts at ER.

Saorsa
27-01-2014, 04:02 PM
A worse decision was in the first game when Adam Hammell did an outrageous two foot challenge on Lewis in full view of the cheat which was conveniently ignored, not even a yellow from what I remember. We should have been playing against 10 for an hour of the first match. Given this was the same guy that won :rolleyes: the pen in extra time of the second game it is a little galling. Compare and contrast with the straight red for Fletch which completely changed the SC tie v Hearts at ER.Just another in a series of amazing coincidences, all just pure chance that his 'mistakes' happen against us. :agree:

hibbybrian
27-01-2014, 04:07 PM
From someone who is friends of his ...... He is a nice man and not a Jambo !!!!i nearly choked on my tea !!! He is just a very poor referee !!!

If you are indeed a friend of the man, I would suggest that you have let down that friendship by not having a word in his shell like :greengrin

hibbill2002
27-01-2014, 04:14 PM
Is he related to eilidh child?

Saorsa
27-01-2014, 04:16 PM
Is he related to eilidh child?Her father and her brother. :agree:

hibbill2002
27-01-2014, 04:22 PM
Her father and her brother. :agree:
Poor lassie, nae grandad .

delbert
27-01-2014, 04:31 PM
Hmm... and what about interfering with play ? If the pass was meant for that player, which Thomson's comment suggests, then he was active the moment the ball was played by the Celtic player = offside.

OK I will try and once and for all nail this down. Offside is a two phase operation 1) When the offside is judged and 2) when the offside is penalised

1) When the ball is played by a player to team mate who happens to be in an offside position, the judgement call is made when the ball leaves the players foot

BUT the assistant does not flag at this point because merely being in an offside position is not an offence

The assisitant waits to see if the player in the offside position becomes active by receiving the ball and then at that point 2) the flag is raised and the offside is penalised.

This makes sense because it means if a player in the other team intercepts the pass and starts an attack in the opposite direction, play is allowed to continue, or if the forward pass ran through to the keeper why stop the game, just play on. Basically officials are told to operate a 'wait and see' policy, to wait and see if the player in the offside position actually becomes active and if he does not, the game is allowed to continue, and until he becomes active, the game will not be stopped. This is a huge improvement on 20 years ago and those who want to go back to the way it was have somewhat short memories, ie if a guy is just standing offside then stop the game, there are far fewer silly and needless stoppages now and the game flows far better.

The_Sauz
27-01-2014, 04:49 PM

Sorry to tell you, but your facts are wrong!
FIFA are the only one's who can make/change the rules in regards to officiating a football game. If they do decide to make any changes, then they must be changed in the official rule book. FIFA would also pass on the information to bodies like UEFA, who then would pass them on to the other organizations that are members of UEFA (FA/SPFL).
So if someone comes on here with direct quotes from the FIFA web site, then they are the official rules! There are no hidden agendas in regards to changes to the rules that only some know about! All rules and changes must be made public :agree:

Remember the rules are only a guideline to the game, as most officials are told to use their own discretion on how to apply a rule!

The_Sauz
27-01-2014, 05:00 PM
Good post mate. I'd also add that what's been posted about Thomson's "explanation" is all based on what Terry Butcher said - ie second hand. I'm not saying that Terry made it up but I'd reserve judgement. We really need to calm down about this guy. He's not a cheat, he's just not very good. And the same could be said of our defending at times yesterday and that's the real reason we lost.

So you reckon we would have still lost if and we had got and scored the penalty and Forster did not pull off 3 great saves when it was still 1-0 and we were in control?

The_Sauz
27-01-2014, 05:11 PM
Waiting for the club to do something is a waste of time. They'll not complain to the SFA or say anything through the media - we're just far too "nice" for that. Also no point in fans writing to the SFA, they must get hundreds of letters every week and will just ignore them.

Nope, this all comes down to Hibs fans and whether or not the time has come to really ramp the pressure on this guy. I'm not talking about booing CT during a match (he just gets off on that) but a concerted campaign to raise the issue at every opportunity in the media :

banners at his Hibs matches,
raising it on phone-ins at every opportunity,
boycotting his matches (home or away) - radical, but also high profile !
mocking EVERY decision he makes at a Hibs match - whether its right, wrong for Hibs or against us.

Only be doing something out of the ordinary will we get his and more importantly the media's attention to the issue. The SFA will hate it, but it will really put a spotlight on EVERY decision this cheat makes in the match.

How do you know that they don't write a letter of complaint to the SPFL about the match officials :confused: Are you waiting on big headlines in the papers or on the TV about Hibs complaining about a match official! If you are, then you are in for a long wait!!

Paisley Hibby
27-01-2014, 05:14 PM
So you reckon we would have still lost if and we had got and scored the penalty and Forster did not pull off 3 great saves when it was still 1-0 and we were in control?

Yes but the score might have been a better reflection of the real difference between us and them, that's all. 0-4 was harsh and even Nelly admitted that.

The_Sauz
27-01-2014, 05:37 PM
I have to commend Sergio on the post. It gives impartial clarity to yet another disgraceful act of cheating from Thomson. I agree with Matty's point to include a mention of the player being offside. I appreciate that some people have argued that he isn't offside until he touches the ball, which, if correct, would nulify this point but my belief is that the rule also relates to interfering with play. If (by Thomson's interpretation) the Hibs player handled the ball and prevented it reaching that very same payer, then I would suggest that he interfered with play and should have been deemed offside. The offside offence would precede the hand ball. Would the Celtic fans have cried cheat if Thomson had given offside? As for the fact that Hibs didn't get a stonewall penalty I would advise Hermit (or is it Hermistone?) Crab to go to Specsavers and help pay Thomson's sponsors.Good to hear the Celtic fans taunting Terry Butcher by chanting Maradona's name...another fine example of fair play. I am sick of the individual and institutionalised cheating that is ruining a great sport; be it diving, financial doping, match fixing or the most biased referee...and the idiot fans who gloat because the cheating favours their teams. What goes around comes around.

It's not correct :wink:
A player is offside the minute the ball is played in his direction and he makes any movement towards the ball!
Remember the millennium derby and our 3rd goal.....Mixu was yards offsides and the ball was played through the middle! Mixu kept walking back to the halfway line and made no attempt to move or get the ball, leaving KM to run through from an onside position to score :greengrin

Twa Cairpets
27-01-2014, 06:38 PM
It's not correct :wink:
A player is offside the minute the ball is played in his direction and he makes any movement towards the ball!
Remember the millennium derby and our 3rd goal.....Mixu was yards offsides and the ball was played through the middle! Mixu kept walking back to the halfway line and made no attempt to move or get the ball, leaving KM to run through from an onside position to score :greengrin

Sorry, but the laws have changed since then. From "Interpretation of the Laws of the Game and Guidelines for Referees" from FIFA.

In the context of Law 11 – Offside, the following definitions apply:
• “nearer to his opponents’ goal line” means that any part of a player’s head,
body or feet is nearer to his opponents’ goal line than both the ball and the
second-last opponent. The arms are not included in this defi nition
• “interfering with play” means playing or touching the ball passed or
touched by a team-mate
• “interfering with an opponent” means preventing an opponent from
playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s
line of vision or movements or making a gesture or movement which, in
the opinion of the referee, deceives or distracts an opponent
• “gaining an advantage by being in that position” means playing a ball that
rebounds to him off a goalpost or the crossbar having been in an offside
position or playing a ball that rebounds to him off an opponent having
been in an offside position

mca
27-01-2014, 06:56 PM
ADMIN.. iv just had a thought - can we merge all the Referee Posts on all the forums and join them with This Craig Thomson Thread.. ??

Would it turn it into some big super Thread with over a hundred pages ??? - Maybe then the powers that Are - Might Notice ??? :rolleyes:

cabbageandribs1875
27-01-2014, 07:11 PM
This is what is bothering me aswell. When the ball was kicked by Pukki (?) Samaras was offside. Surely this precedes the hand ball?

That said, it won't matter to CT. He comes across as an extremely arrogant individual, who I'm sure doesn't give a toss that he's made another shocking decision against Hibs. If he's not a cheat, he in one seriously incompetent referee.

the BBC guys explained that samaras would have actually had to touch the ball to be offside, and they also thought it was a stonewall penalty the cheat denied us

lapsedhibee
27-01-2014, 07:18 PM
the BBC guys explained that samaras would have actually had to touch the ball to be offside, and they also thought it was a stonewall penalty the cheat denied us

Even some women know that you don't have to touch the ball to be offside. Did they really say that? If so, they're getting worse.

Squealing pig
27-01-2014, 07:20 PM
Canny really blame him for cheating, its in there nature to cheat sporting integrity

cabbageandribs1875
27-01-2014, 07:23 PM
Even some women know that you don't have to touch the ball to be offside. Did they really say that? If so, they're getting worse.

oh yes, Richard Gordon iirc

Hibs7
27-01-2014, 07:59 PM
If you are indeed a friend of the man, I would suggest that you have let down that friendship by not having a word in his shell like :greengrin

I am not his friend, that came from someone who is a friend of his .. I wouldn't p1ss on the man if he was on fire ...

NadeAteMyLunch!
27-01-2014, 08:26 PM
Compare and contrast how long he stood deliberating over whether he could get away with not giving Collins that penalty yesterday, with how ridiculously quickly he had the red card out his pocket to send Cairney off up at RC.
If there's a chance to NOT give us something then he'll take it. In equal measure, if there is an opportunity to totally **** us over, he'll be there in a heartbeat.
Has anyone EVER seen Sparky dive? He must be one of the most honest players I've watched. Plenty times I've seen him be fouled yet he's stayed on his feet. Thomson somehow conspires to book him for diving. No other ref, Thomson. 46 bookings in the past couple of seasons is not normal. The fact it's double what any other ref has given proves that.

ehf
31-01-2014, 09:09 PM
Compare and contrast how long he stood deliberating over whether he could get away with not giving Collins that penalty yesterday, with how ridiculously quickly he had the red card out his pocket to send Cairney off up at RC.
If there's a chance to NOT give us something then he'll take it. In equal measure, if there is an opportunity to totally **** us over, he'll be there in a heartbeat.
Has anyone EVER seen Sparky dive? He must be one of the most honest players I've watched. Plenty times I've seen him be fouled yet he's stayed on his feet. Thomson somehow conspires to book him for diving. No other ref, Thomson. 46 bookings in the past couple of seasons is not normal. The fact it's double what any other ref has given proves that.

Lest anyone has forgotten in the midst of TDD excitement, this execrable excuse for a human being is a disgusting cheat who detests our club, damages us at every opportunity he gets and is given licence to do so by the authorities.

pontius pilate
31-01-2014, 09:20 PM
I wonder how many penalties free kicks he will give to sparky now?.