I'm sure Nelson can arrange that today :wink:

Haha

Inch Hibs
26-01-2014, 09:58 AM
£150k next January. Nap.

oconnors_strip
26-01-2014, 09:59 AM

Just spat my breakfast out reading this! Brilliant!

weonlywon6-2
26-01-2014, 10:05 AM
Sky sports interview

would have him in a second,great player and good to hear he would rather finish with hibs than anyone else,lets hope hes no 48 when he decides to join us

Billychaotic182
26-01-2014, 10:12 AM
Link?

Greenworld
26-01-2014, 10:13 AM
I cant from my phone sky sports interview

Cabbage East
26-01-2014, 10:14 AM
This thread is missing something...

zlatan
26-01-2014, 10:30 AM
http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/scottish-football/9134526/brown:-i'd-like-to-give-back-to-hibs

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-01-2014, 10:33 AM
http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/scottish-football/9134526/brown:-i'd-like-to-give-back-to-hibs

:top marks

Wotherspiniesta
26-01-2014, 10:40 AM
Legend

Just_Jimmy
26-01-2014, 10:43 AM
Legend

No.

Just_Jimmy
26-01-2014, 10:46 AM
Patronising BS. We're not a charity.

jdships
26-01-2014, 10:49 AM
No.

:agree::thumbsup:
How patronising can you get ?
In other words when Celtic don't want/need me anymore I will come back .:rolleyes:
We have seen this so many times recently
Riorden ,OConnor, Thomson have all been a waste of wages

Lets move on from yesterdays men ..
FWIW I was Brown's biggest fan as a young player making his way :top marks

SaulGoodman
26-01-2014, 10:52 AM
So if Griffiths piped up in however many years saying he wanted to finish his career here we would be getting the same responses yes?

EK_Hibs
26-01-2014, 10:52 AM

This.

rainman
26-01-2014, 10:53 AM

Could be seen as that. In reality, probably not.

Fair play for wanting to give something back. At the top of his game, he'd never be back at Hibs.

Watch the Sproule hat trick game at Ibrox, the boy was unreal.

jdships
26-01-2014, 10:55 AM
Legend

SCOTT BROWN LEGEND

" a person whose fame or notoriety makes him a source of exaggerated or romanticized tales or exploits

frazeHFC
26-01-2014, 10:58 AM

:hilarious

1van Sprou7e
26-01-2014, 11:01 AM
In other words when Celtic don't want/need me anymore I will come back .:rolleyes:

O'connor was hardly a waste of wages...

jdships
26-01-2014, 11:03 AM
So if Griffiths piped up in however many years saying he wanted to finish his career here we would be getting the same responses yes?

For that to happen he is going to be 30+ .
Lost most of his pace , playing for a pension !!
let's be a bit more ambitious PLEASE!!!!
Same scenario as Riordon, O'Connor, Thomson and even Sproule.

:flag:

Eternal Hibbie
26-01-2014, 11:04 AM
In less than a heartbeat - can we play him today please !!!

Inch Hibs
26-01-2014, 11:04 AM

How's it patronising? He wants to move back to hibs when he's no longer first choice at celtics. What's the problem with that? Would you rather have Scott Robertson?

Inch Hibs
26-01-2014, 11:05 AM

More ambitious that the captain of the champions?

He would bring experience, leadership and maturity.

More ambition? Such as who? Owain Tudor Jones or similar?

leither17
26-01-2014, 11:06 AM
How's it patronising? He wants to move back to hibs when he's no longer first choice at celtics. What's the problem with that? Would you rather have Scott Robertson?

34 year old Scott Browm remember

Inch Hibs
26-01-2014, 11:07 AM
34 year old Scott Browm remember

Controlling the game like he does at Celtic?

zlatan
26-01-2014, 11:12 AM
Brown, Fletcher & Whittaker are the three I'd happily welcome back. Always done their best on the pitch for us, left after giving us a a good period of service and still always talk us up. Even after the tiff with JC, Brown still played his arse off for us, helped us win a cup and dragged us through those horrendous Dunfermline cup games on his own. Even on his last game against his future employers he was a one man show for us.

Still feel he could have become a better player down south but he's Scotland captain and playing the top names in Europe on a near annual basis so I'd say he'd be quite content with that.

HIBERNIAN-0762
26-01-2014, 11:13 AM
Yes please....:not worth

Matty_Jack04
26-01-2014, 11:19 AM
Brown, Fletcher & Whittaker are the three I'd happily welcome back. Always done their best on the pitch for us, left after giving us a a good period of service and still always talk us up. Even after the tiff with JC, Brown still played his arse of for us, helped us win a cup and dragged us through those horrendous Dunfermline cup games on his own. Even on his last game against his future employers he was a one man show for us.

Still feel he could have become a better player down south but he's Scotland captain and playing the top names in Europe on a near annual basis so I'd say he'd be quite content with that.

This. Can't believe how some folk have taken this not often a former player speaks well of us in public, hope he has a stinker today but would love to see him back at ER

Matty_Jack04
26-01-2014, 11:25 AM
:agree: Yeah seems like a bit of double standards. Scott Brown has never done anything wrong and if he would genuinely improve our squad at the end of his career I would welcome him back. I don't think he intended to be patronising in his comments, though I understand why some people are taking it like that.

He sounded patronising because he is celtics captain, no matter what his feelings are for hibs he has to be loyal and positive towards them, it's patronising if your looking to pick holes, he loves hibs he's enjoying being at Celtic enough not to want to try the EPL happy winning trophies playing in Europe and being scotland captain and would like to repay hibs IF HE CAN nothing wrong with it at all

Fergus52
26-01-2014, 11:26 AM
Scott Brown's current game at celtic doesn't utilize his pace much, he seems to look after himself well so having him here in his thirties would be pretty good IMO.

The comparisons to O'Connor Thomson and even Riordan are silly. None of them had been captaining a league winning side and playing in the champions league.

OsloHibs
26-01-2014, 11:30 AM
This. Can't believe how some folk have taken this not often a former player speaks well of us in public, hope he has a stinker today but would love to see him back at ER

Agree.

blackpoolhibs
26-01-2014, 11:31 AM
We have signed plenty players over the years whose best days have been well behind them, and some have had a few very good years at Hibs.

Who's to say Scott Brown couldn't do the same?

easty
26-01-2014, 11:33 AM

Pace? When did anyone last refer to Scott's game being about pace?

Anyone saying they wouldn't want the Scotland captain, and one of the best players to have played for Hibs in the last decade, is an numpty. Don't agree? Well I literally couldn't care less, cos you're wrong.

Inch Hibs
26-01-2014, 11:33 AM

Anyone saying they wouldn't want the Scotland captain, and one of the best players to have played for Hibs in the last decade, is an numpty. Don't agree? Well I literally couldn't care less, cos you're wrong.

Haha class.

Jim44
26-01-2014, 11:34 AM
:yawn:

bandylegs_jLeighton
26-01-2014, 11:34 AM
Favourite player from the golden generation. I bet even in his mid 30's he would be good enough to return and probably captain this club.

It would be completely different from Riordan or O'Connor walking through the door out of shape, on route to the lower divisions. I think Brown will continue to be a good player, and play to a good level until he hangs up his boots because he seems naturally fit and has a big desire to win.

Still want him to have a mare today tho!

SouthamptonHibs
26-01-2014, 11:57 AM
Wrong thread haha hurry home Scottie Broooon

One Day Soon
26-01-2014, 12:16 PM
Broonie is a machine and has genuine love for Hibs. I knew he had been saying this privately a few months back.

If he was still fit enough and good enough we should take him in a heartbeat. Trust me, it isn't patronising from him it is heartfelt. And it has nothing to do with a payday or pension at the end of his career, he is well sorted on that score already.

weecounty hibby
26-01-2014, 12:41 PM
So ex player with genuine affection for the club says he wants to play for us again in the future is patronising???? I took it as "I'll have made enough cash by then so money wont be an issue and i'd like to give something back to Hibs". We would never be able to afford his wages even at 34 so if he wants to and is still playing well I'd have him in a minute

NadeAteMyLunch!
26-01-2014, 12:43 PM
Whitty has said the same. Off record though

Beefster
26-01-2014, 12:53 PM
Brown doesn't want to end his career at Hibs. He wants to end his career at Celtic.

jdships
26-01-2014, 12:58 PM

Suggest youi read my post AGAIN !! Are you a "Scotsman " Journo by anychance - they make mistakes like this regularly :greengrin ?
I was answering this post
" So if Griffiths piped up in however many years saying he wanted to finish his career here we would be getting the same responses yes? "
and expressed my opinion
Never mentioned SB - OK ?

Oh dear just because someone doesn't agree with you they are first " A NUMPTY" and secondly " WRONG"
Posting on here is all about PERSONAL OPINIONS which makes it interesting and at times fun . Please just accept that rather than set yourself up as an expert .

I respect your right to your opinion and now move on

One Day Soon
26-01-2014, 01:05 PM
Brown doesn't want to end his career at Hibs. He wants to end his career at Celtic.

That is incorrect Beefster unless you know something we don't?

Jack
26-01-2014, 01:09 PM
Broonie is a machine and has genuine love for Hibs. I knew he had been saying this privately a few months back.

If he was still fit enough and good enough we should take him in a heartbeat. Trust me, it isn't patronising from him it is heartfelt. And it has nothing to do with a payday or pension at the end of his career, he is well sorted on that score already.

I thought he'd been saying it for a lot longer than a few months!

paul_hfc3
26-01-2014, 01:17 PM
Scott Brown is my favourite ever player I've seen play in a Hibs shirt. (I'm 22) He's a Hibs hero and was a fantastic footballer. Don't understand why he gets stick on this forum by some. I'd Gladly take him back at Hibs

Beefster
26-01-2014, 01:29 PM
That is incorrect Beefster unless you know something we don't?

I think folk are ignoring what he actually said. He basically said that he wants to stay at Celtic but, if he leaves (ie they don't offer a contract), he'd like to come back to Hibs.

Chump
26-01-2014, 01:38 PM

You can't compare Scott Brown with Riordan or GO'C.....the latter two are idiots who were unprofessional and never fulfilled their potential. The former is a professional, captained the league champions on several occasions and has played at the highest level in the Champions league.

Any such deal would have to be beneficial for Hibs first and foremost but to compare it just now with these two plums is simply wrong.

I agree with your statement about yesterdays men but would have to rethink that with a guy like Scott Brown if he was in a position to really help out at hibs from a leadership and performance point of view

jdships
26-01-2014, 01:47 PM
You can't compare Scott Brown with Riordan or GO'C.....the latter two are idiots who were unprofessional and never fulfilled their potential. The former is a professional, captained the league champions on several occasions and has played at the highest level in the Champions league.

Any such deal would have to be beneficial for Hibs first and foremost but to compare it just now with these two plums is simply wrong.

I agree with your statement about yesterdays men but would have to rethink that with a guy like Scott Brown if he was in a position to really help out at hibs from a leadership and performance point of view

My point was we have gone down this route a number of times over the years - "bringing back ex Hibs players now in their 30's" and in the majority of cases it hasn't really worked .
Often been an emotive return which once the " honeymoon " was over they didn't really justify their wages .
IF Brown has ideas of a return he will be another who is 30+ - how much will he have to offer :confused:

The Green Goblin
26-01-2014, 02:24 PM

Why the needless dig at a player currently playing for us?

Gerard
26-01-2014, 02:27 PM
I see no problem with a former player who wants to give something back to the club that helped him in his career as a football player. I hope that when he does leave Celtic that he can still give something back to Hibs.

cabbageandribs1875
26-01-2014, 02:30 PM

seriously :rolleyes: i imagine he has a very good accountant that's already taken care of his pension using his rather considerable salary

Famous Fiver
26-01-2014, 02:37 PM
Two who came back 'finished' - Bobby Johnstone and Joe Baker. Need I say more? Must be loads of others. Scottie, you can play for Hibs in your pipe and slippers, I'll pay to watch you.

.Sean.
26-01-2014, 02:57 PM
Patronising little rat. Well suited to Celtic. I won't welcome him back should he ever return.

DaveF
26-01-2014, 03:01 PM
I think folk are ignoring what he actually said. He basically said that he wants to stay at Celtic but, if he leaves (ie they don't offer a contract), he'd like to come back to Hibs.

I'd be happy enough with that even though its unlikely to happen while he's still got some fitba left in him.

If he's 35 and finished then he can **** off to Cowdenbeath :greengrin

Frogga
26-01-2014, 03:11 PM
We really do have some touchy fans. It's like an episode of Eastenders on here sometimes. The guy said he likes us. In the words of Mr Timberlake: cry me a river!

EskbankHibee
26-01-2014, 03:13 PM
Come home Scott

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-01-2014, 03:44 PM
I'd take him back.

.Sean.
26-01-2014, 03:48 PM
We really do have some touchy fans. It's like an episode of Eastenders on here sometimes. The guy said he likes us. In the words of Mr Timberlake: cry me a river!Touchy?

Are we talking about the same Scott Brown who was the ringleader of the revolt against Collins, the same Scott Brown who went greeting to Petrie when he couldnae hack it under Collins? That 'I dunno' interview after the semi v Dunfermline still makes me absolutely furious. We could've won the Scottish Cup that year.

That ugly little ******* can **** right off, one player I most certainly do not want to see back at Hibs.

'Legend' :faf:

Mikey09
26-01-2014, 04:05 PM
Touchy?

Are we talking about the same Scott Brown who was the ringleader of the revolt against Collins, the same Scott Brown who went greeting to Petrie when he couldnae hack it under Collins? That 'I dunno' interview after the semi v Dunfermline still makes me absolutely furious. We could've won the Scottish Cup that year.

That ugly little ******* can **** right off, one player I most certainly do not want to see back at Hibs.

I am actually speechless.......... :lips seal

Gettin' Auld
26-01-2014, 04:12 PM

What's the problem?

We're not a residential home for has-beens and it isn't Scott Brown's decision to arrogantly select which club he will honour with his presence a few years down the line.

#FromTheCapital
26-01-2014, 04:43 PM
Take him back in a second.

Frogga
26-01-2014, 05:08 PM
If this was Steven Fletcher or Whitty then it wouldn't be an a issue.

Sir David Gray
26-01-2014, 05:14 PM

Agreed.

Not sure that's how he intended it to come across but that's how I took his comments as well.

Basically, he's said there that he wants to end his career with Celtic but if there ever comes a day when he's no longer good enough for them and they don't want him, he would be happy to come back to us for a year or two to see out the remainder of his career.

No thanks.

Frogga
26-01-2014, 05:15 PM
Touchy?

The same Scott Brown who put Pressley in his place as a fresh-faced 18 year old. The same Scott Brown who played a major part in one of the greatest periods of Hibs' modern history. The same Scott Brown who was one of the stars of the 2007 CIS Cup run and win. The same Scott Brown who generated a record transfer fee for the club.

:)

greenlex
26-01-2014, 05:39 PM
The same Scott Brown who put Pressley in his place as a fresh-faced 18 year old. The same Scott Brown who played a major part in one of the greatest periods of Hibs' modern history. The same Scott Brown who was one of the stars of the 2007 CIS Cup run and win. The same Scott Brown who generated a record transfer fee for the club.

Aye he's a right ****.

Greenworld
26-01-2014, 05:41 PM
the same scott brown who put pressley in his place as a fresh-faced 18 year old. The same scott brown who played a major part in one of the greatest periods of hibs' modern history. The same scott brown who was one of the stars of the 2007 cis cup run and win. The same scott brown who generated a record transfer fee for the club.

amen

Billy Whizz
26-01-2014, 05:42 PM
When is he out of contract at Celtic?

Inch Hibs
26-01-2014, 05:48 PM
Mental. Absolutely mental some of the comments on here.

Heisenberg
26-01-2014, 05:53 PM

Just about to say something similar. I've seen legend posted in the thread which I think is a bit strong.

Cameron1875
26-01-2014, 05:58 PM
If you leave Hibs to go along the M8 to chase £££ then that should be you finished with this club. Obviously others will disagree but just my views.

He was a great player for Hibs but I don't think you can call anyone who left Hibs to join Celtic for cash, a 'legend'.

Jonnyboy
26-01-2014, 06:01 PM
The guy answers a question honestly and gets ripped for it. Jeeezus

I'd take him back even if he's 34 when he arrives. Sad that some folk would rather we had the likes of Jim Goodwin

judas
26-01-2014, 06:02 PM
Sky sports interview

Oh god. How utterly tiresome these claims are.

So, when no one else is particularly interested in him and he is well past his best he will come to Hibs.

I am more interested in who wants to play for Hibs now.

Broken Gnome
26-01-2014, 06:04 PM
Does everyone not want Kenny Miller back under similar circumstances?

Gustavo Fring
26-01-2014, 06:06 PM
If you leave Hibs to go along the M8 to chase £££ then that should be you finished with this club. Obviously others will disagree but just my views.

He was a great player for Hibs but I don't think you can call anyone who left Hibs to join Celtic for cash, a 'legend'.

the guy was offered 20 odd grand a week , you canny seriously of expected him to knock that back and stay at hibs for 2 or 3 grand a week

pat stanton went to celtic , does that omit him from legendary status in your eyes ?

Inch Hibs
26-01-2014, 06:07 PM
Oh god. How utterly tiresome these claims are.

So, when no one else is particularly interested in him and he is well past his best he will come to Hibs.

I am more interested in who wants to play for Hibs now.

Is that what he said like? He said if he needs to leave Celtic he will want to join us again.

It's not as if he, as Celtic captain would say "aye I want to go back to hibs before I retire even if Celtic still want me". Which he personally does.

Boy loves hibs, wants to come back an play for us before he has to call it a day and gets criticised. Absolutely mental.

I love the fact that a boy from Fife came to our club, loved it, supports us I'm semis and finals when Celtic isn't involved, went on to captain the best side in the country and his country and wants to come back to us.

All of the golden generation are the same by the way, as was Ian Murray and as is Kenny Miller now. We should be happy they all view our club in this way, using it as an opportunity to rip into a player is outrageous.

Jonnyboy
26-01-2014, 06:08 PM
Is that what he said like? He said if he needs to leave Celtic he will want to join us again.

It's not as if he, as Celtic captain would say "aye I want to go back to hibs before I retire even if Celtic still want me". Which he personally does.

Boy loves hibs, wants to come back an play for us before he has to call it a day and gets criticised. Absolutely mental.

I love the fact that a boy from Fife came to our club, loved it, supports us I'm semis and finals when Celtic isn't involved, went on to captain the best side in the country and his country and wants to come back to us.

All of the golden generation are the same by the way, as was Ian Murray and as is Kenny Miller now. We should be happy they all view our club in this way, using it as an opportunity to rip into a player is outrageous.

Well said :aok:

Sir David Gray
26-01-2014, 06:10 PM

18 months but they do have the option of extending by another 12 months, which I'm assuming they will do.

weonlywon6-2
26-01-2014, 06:19 PM
Touchy?

judging by how good a manager John Collins has become, maybe Scott Brown and some others were correct and he was an @sshole???

Paisley Hibby
26-01-2014, 06:22 PM

Well said. Brown chose his words carefully. He was basically saying that Hibs mean a huge amount to him but he had to do that in a way that won't upset the manky mob that currently pay his wages.

I'd love to see him back at ER one day.

weonlywon6-2
26-01-2014, 06:24 PM

:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks

Ronniekirk
26-01-2014, 06:33 PM
He isn't coming back that quick unless big tell has had a word in his ear and told him he wants him to be his captain when Hibs lift the Scottish cup in two years time . so maybe he is just keeping his options open :rolleyes: On a serious note if he was what we needed at the time and was better than what we had why wouldn't we welcome him back , it's a no brainer .

Andy74
26-01-2014, 06:35 PM

Would get the same from me yes.

Greenworld
26-01-2014, 06:37 PM

Left hibs for a scottish record fee which built the training complex.
also gave his signing on fee to hibs youths ...
got 30k a week wages...Celtic captain...Scotland first pick..
loves hibs and wants to give something back..
You need a reality check son

Hibernia Na Eir
26-01-2014, 06:41 PM
Yes please.

mjhibby
26-01-2014, 06:49 PM
I really don't see what the problem is here. He goes to hibs games and supports us when we are in semis and finals which shows we are still his team at heart. I bet the Celtic fans don't moan about that as long as he is doing the biz for them. I can see him playing for us in a deeper role and would love to have his experience to help young players at the club. Gave us some great times playing for us. My mate knows his dad and believe me there is no more bigger hibby then him.

Hibbyradge
26-01-2014, 06:50 PM
I really don't see what the problem is here. He goes to hibs games and supports us when we are in semis and finals which shows we are still his team at heart. I bet the Celtic fans don't moan about that as long as he is doing the biz for them. I can see him playing for us in a deeper role and would love to have his experience to help young players at the club. Gave us some great times playing for us. My mate knows his dad and believe me there is no more bigger hibby then him.

I'm a bigger Hibby than him.

On any number of levels.

Steve-O
26-01-2014, 06:52 PM
No thanks Broon. Away and join your pals in the lower leagues.

Jonnyboy
26-01-2014, 06:53 PM

Oh dear it's the 'he supported Rangers as a laddie ye ken.'

Sheeesh

Steve-O
26-01-2014, 06:54 PM
Oh dear it's the 'he supported Rangers as a laddie ye ken.'

Sheeesh

No it's not, I have no idea who he supported as a kid.

edinburghhibee
Broonie been saying this since he left old news ;)

EastCalderHibby
Touchy?

is that the same scott brown that gave hibs money for youth development when going to the tramps
cant remember if it was signing on fee or what but do recall him giving something
maybe someone else could help how much it was ?

Jonnyboy
26-01-2014, 06:55 PM
No it's not, I have no idea who he supported as a kid.

Why the lower leagues comment? Are you saying that will be his level and if so what do you base that on?

PS I'm away to watch Barca so may not react to your response for a while :greengrin

mjhibby
26-01-2014, 06:56 PM
I'm a bigger Hibby than him.

On any number of levels.

I think you know what I mean. A no bigger hibby for someone who earns his living playing for another club. I think we should cut him some slack here. Would you turn down 30 grand a week.!

Jonnyboy
26-01-2014, 06:57 PM
I think you know what I mean. A no bigger hibby for someone who earns his living playing for another club. I think we should cut him some slack here. Would you turn down 30 grand a week.!

Of course Radge would. I mean why take a drop in pay? :greengrin

Hibbyradge
26-01-2014, 07:00 PM

I wouldn't get out of bed for any less than £40k.

I was just messing with you. If Scott Brown has anything to offer Hibs when he's finished with the smellies, I'd be happy to recruit him again.

Diclonius
26-01-2014, 07:02 PM
If he's good enough and wants to come, I don't see any problems.

The only player I'd really be averse toward coming back would be Matt Doherty.

silverhibee
26-01-2014, 07:17 PM

Pat Stanton John Collins Derek Riordan all three are Hibs legends.

Aldo
26-01-2014, 07:26 PM
You can't compare Scott Brown with Riordan or GO'C.....the latter two are idiots who were unprofessional and never fulfilled their potential. The former is a professional, captained the league champions on several occasions and has played at the highest level in the Champions league. Any such deal would have to be beneficial for Hibs first and foremost but to compare it just now with these two plums is simply wrong. I agree with your statement about yesterdays men but would have to rethink that with a guy like Scott Brown if he was in a position to really help out at hibs from a leadership and performance point of view

You really think Riordan was/is an idiot. Dear dear. In my eyes the guys a legend. 100 plus goals for us.

Probably one of the most natural and talented finishers I have seen at ER.

What he's done with his life is his business.

judas
26-01-2014, 07:27 PM

Sorry. Heard it all before.

Strachan wants to hang up his boots at hibs, miller wants to hang up his boots at hibs, brown wants to hang up his boots at hibs. Boring, cliched and worthless to hibs at the present time.

silverhibee
26-01-2014, 07:28 PM
Why the lower leagues comment? Are you saying that will be his level and if so what do you base that on?

PS I'm away to watch Barca so may not react to your response for a while :greengrin

Bitter, he never made it as a football player so just slates them. :wink:

judas
26-01-2014, 07:31 PM
Me I'm touchy
Touchy you
Me I'm touchy
And you know what to do
Me I'm touchy
Touchy, touchy

Aldo
26-01-2014, 07:33 PM
If you leave Hibs to go along the M8 to chase £££ then that should be you finished with this club. Obviously others will disagree but just my views. He was a great player for Hibs but I don't think you can call anyone who left Hibs to join Celtic for cash, a 'legend'.

Are you so shallow to think a very good young player is going to stay with us his whole career.

I would gladly welcome back Scott Brown to the club... As I did with Derek Riordan .... Who btw is a club legend... In my eyes anyway.

Alfred E Newman
26-01-2014, 07:33 PM
Sorry. Heard it all before.

Strachan wants to hang up his boots at hibs, miller wants to hang up his boots at hibs, brown wants to hang up his boots at hibs. Boring, cliched and worthless to hibs at the present time.

I know what you are saying, and what we really want to hear is quality players wanting to play for Hibs Now!

Aldo
26-01-2014, 07:35 PM

Exactly. What he said

Cabbage East
26-01-2014, 07:41 PM

This makes no sense at all. What are you slavering about?

One Day Soon
26-01-2014, 08:02 PM

Absolutely spot on.

Gives his all in every game he plays for Celtc as he did for us but somehow also manages to convey the extra joy he gets from beating Hearts - like he did in the 0-7 game. Why's that I wonder?

If even 10% of the journeymen we've had disgracing Hibs jerseys since Scott left had been able to show 10% of his passion when playing for Hibs I'd be pretty b100dy surprised.

If at any stage he is fit enough, better than what we've got and is willing to come back it would be a no-brainer on every level.

Imagine just for a start the example he would be to the kids: trains like a bear, plays with 100% commitment, stayed long enough to mature as a player before getting his money move and then got the club a fat transfer fee and handed over his signing on fee. If we had three players a year doing that we'd be in a much better place.

As someone else has posted, aim your bile at the Matt Dohertys of this world not the ones who have actually won us something.

The Green Goblin
26-01-2014, 08:50 PM

Pat McGinlay....

:greengrin

Inch Hibs
26-01-2014, 08:51 PM
Absolutely spot on.

Gives his all in every game he plays for Celtc as he did for us but somehow also manages to convey the extra joy he gets from beating Hearts - like he did in the 0-7 game. Why's that I wonder?

If even 10% of the journeymen we've had disgracing Hibs jerseys since Scott left had been able to show 10% of his passion when playing for Hibs I'd be pretty b100dy surprised.

If at any stage he is fit enough, better than what we've got and is willing to come back it would be a no-brainer on every level.

Imagine just for a start the example he would be to the kids: trains like a bear, plays with 100% commitment, stayed long enough to mature as a player before getting his money move and then got the club a fat transfer fee and handed over his signing on fee. If we had three players a year doing that we'd be in a much better place.

As someone else has posted, aim your bile at the Matt Dohertys of this world not the ones who have actually won us something.

:top marks:top marks :not worth:not worth

Capt Mainwaring
26-01-2014, 09:16 PM
Absolutely spot on.

We'll said that man. Take Brown back any time so long as he's fit and able

sadtom
26-01-2014, 09:52 PM
A number of crazy comments on here. Some from folk who's opinion of SB appears to be coloured more by which club he left for than anything else.
Broon was immense for us, a joy to watch and I was always convinced he would be a success where ever he went. I would rather he had gone south but he seems to be a bit of a 'home bird' and he has been able to make himself and his family secure for life. He is winning trophies, playing for a huge club, getting handsomely rewarded for it an getting to play regularly in the champions league.
Others have rightly pointed out that he got us our largest ever fee for a player, voluntarily handed over a substantial chunk of cash to the youth development, helped us win our 1st trophy in more than a decade, never gave anything less than 100% and perhaps more importantly, has never been disrespectful about Hibs since he left.
All he has done on this occasion is show that he still retains affection for the club and suggest that if his time passes at celtc and we were interested that he would be happy to return. Where is the problem? Its always good to hear former players talk highly of the club after they have left (imho).
If Broony was still fit and able at say 32/33, he would be a fantastic signing. When have we ever had the luxury of turning down a regular international class player with that sort of ability and experience?

If it did happen, then we would have a wee debt of gratitude to G Strachan and a lesser extent N Lennon.
The Broony that left us was exciting and all action. Those sort of players start to lose their effectiveness once they hit their 30's. The fact that in the last 5 or so years, he has learnt the more disciplined holding role has possibly extended the effectiveness of his career by 4-5 years.
Would love to see him back. Any time you are ready Scott.

Diclonius
26-01-2014, 10:01 PM
A number of crazy comments on here. Some from folk that seem to display 'anti fenian/irish' sentiments on a regular basis and their opinion of SB appears to be coloured more by which club he left for than anything else.

What?

Kaiserclem
26-01-2014, 10:09 PM
Let's be honest here, we would all take him in a second. Compared to what we have at the moment, would still be streaks ahead in the last couple of years of his career. Would use his experience on any young player and do a great job for us.

gorgie greens
26-01-2014, 10:17 PM
it would be a no brainer for me and i would welcome him back to Easter Road,as was said before he gave Hibs his signing on fee which im sure was about £100000,

jacomo
26-01-2014, 10:21 PM
Absolutely spot on.

:agree:

A very fine post indeed.

sadtom
26-01-2014, 10:30 PM
What?

You never read any? I have.

mca
26-01-2014, 11:02 PM
what's his value ?? if it was free then a load of wages !! cant see him coming home anytime soon.. :agree:

Zazu62
26-01-2014, 11:04 PM
Legend

Hardly.

easty
26-01-2014, 11:11 PM
A number of crazy comments on here. Some from folk that seem to display 'anti fenian/irish' sentiments on a regular basis and their opinion of SB appears to be coloured more by which club he left for than anything else.

If it did happen, then we would have a wee debt of gratitude to G Strachan and a lesser extent N Lennon.

The first part - what you on about? :confused:

The second.....naw we wouldnae. They've got nowt to do with his affection for our club.

Bishop Hibee
26-01-2014, 11:39 PM
I like Broony. He'd be in my post Tornadoes best Hibs XI. Imagine him alongside Latapy :drool::boo hoo: He makes no attempt to hide his genuine affection for Hibs and had we been able to afford him he would have stayed. Celtc offered him better wages, regular trophies and titles and CL football which no player would refuse.

If he were to return though, he'd have to have something to offer rather than an affectionate last hurrah ala Roy Keane at Celtc.

sadtom
27-01-2014, 03:01 AM
The first part - what you on about? :confused:

The second.....naw we wouldnae. They've got nowt to do with his affection for our club.

1st - perhaps I didn't word it so well.
Quite often its not overt so my choice of words is wrong but I do think that sometimes some posts betray anti irish, particularly irish republican, (hence the glib use of the word 'fenian') sentiments.
We are a broad church and will probably cover the range from being fervently republican to staunchly loyal. The ones closer to the later associate celtc with irish republicanism and their dislike of both means that their comments can come across as questionable. I've read 'tattie munchers' or 'potato bowl' etc on here before and I think its inappropriate given our history.
In this instance I reckon they are letting their hostility to celtc colour their opinion of SB.
However I didnt explain myself vey well, and to stop any further confusion/offense I i'll remove the line from the post.

2nd- I thought it was obvious given the topic. Nowt to do with his affection for Hibs but if SB was to return to us in his early 30's then i think will be grateful if we got a few years more out of him. He has learnt a role under those 2 managers that may increase the length of his effectiveness on the park if ever did. return

Pete
27-01-2014, 05:07 AM
1st - perhaps I didn't word it so well.
Quite often its not overt so my choice of words is wrong but I do think that sometimes some posts betray anti irish, particularly irish republican, (hence the glib use of the word 'fenian') sentiments.
We are a broad church and will probably cover the range from being fervently republican to staunchly loyal. The ones closer to the later associate celtc with irish republicanism and their dislike of both means that their comments can come across as questionable. I've read 'tattie munchers' or 'potato bowl' etc on here before and I think its inappropriate given our history.
In this instance I reckon they are letting their hostility to celtc colour their opinion of SB.
However I didnt explain myself vey well, and to stop any further confusion/offense I i'll remove the line from the post.

2nd- I thought it was obvious given the topic. Nowt to do with his affection for Hibs but if SB was to return to us in his early 30's then i think will be grateful if we got a few years more out of him. He has learnt a role under those 2 managers that may increase the length of his effectiveness on the park if ever did. return

You didn't have to reword or edit your post at all. I know exactly what you meant.

It's actually a sad reflection on our country that so many youngsters choose this simple route when trying to forge a strong identity for themselves.

Steve-O
27-01-2014, 09:01 AM

I was referring to his mates GOC and Deek, and possibly soon to be KT :wink:

John_the_angus_hibby
27-01-2014, 10:37 AM

Spot. On.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Sea-gull
27-01-2014, 10:51 AM
Since Brown left Hibs (nearly 7 years ago now, unbelievable!) some of the hero worshipping and legend comments on here have been a bit much.

He doesn't deserve criticism though and I have never seen any evidence of him patronising us since he left. Far from it. From what I understand, he is very much a Hibs fan and cares a lot for the club. That's fine by me and don't think he should get any flack from us.

If there is ever a time in the future when suits both parties for him to return i.e. he wants to come back and still has something to offer us at the right price, then I'd be delighted to seem him back at ER. He shouldn't be criticised for saying he wants to do this. I think it is good that the likes of him, Thomson, Riordan, Murray, Whittaker, G O'C, Fletcher and Miller have all held us in high regard after going elsewhere.

I do think he'll come back to Hibs. He doesn't seem interested in England thought that could change but even then, I don't seem him going down there to a big club and being a big star. He might have a season or so at a lower end Prem or a Championship team after he's done at Celtic and then come up to Hibs. I reckon he might just come to us direct from Celtic though.

Diclonius
27-01-2014, 07:26 PM

I only recall one explicitly anti-Celtic/Catholic poster on here, and I'm pretty sure we banned him. The rest of the "anti-Irish" sentiment you're on about is directed exclusively toward Celtic's exploitation of their Irish roots for profit rather than hatred of the Irish people themselves. We have a number of Irish/of Irish descent posters on here (myself included) and I don't think they've ever been made to feel unwelcome.

Greenworld
27-01-2014, 07:34 PM
what's his value ?? if it was free then a load of wages !! cant see him coming home anytime soon.. :agree:

Dear god no value he will have earned around 10 mill in wages
in a year or so at celtic....he is saying thank tou very much
I will play for nowt ....hence giving something back..not that he
owes us anything...already gave us 4.4 mill and his signing
fee what more do people want..

cabbageandribs1875
27-01-2014, 07:44 PM

just the one usual blether earlier :agree: and i pmsl at the thought of his veins enlarging on his neck whilst typing :faf:

come on home Broonaldo(in 3 years)...and bring sparky with you

TRC
27-01-2014, 08:03 PM
I remember working in a snooker hall when I was younger. Just when broony KT and the rest where coming through, there was a couple of billy big baws among them, nothing you wouldn't see from some **** that goes to George street on a Friday, but remember Scott Brown standing at the back of the group quiet as a church mouse head down. once they had finished playing they came to pay for the table and Scott Brown coming to the desk and ever so politely saying thanks very much, not much I know but after that I always thought of the guy as gent. he would come in to the club from time to time and always chat and have time for anyone who wanted to talk him. then after the first time I met him went to the game at the weekend and saw the snarling aggressive Broony we all know. Nice guy and IMHO is welcome back at ER anytime.

147lothian
27-01-2014, 08:20 PM
It's a no brainer! He has never hidden his affection for Hibs, going to games even when he's on the high wages at celtic, on the football side, he can drive the team on like no one we are likely to get, look at how celtic missed their captain when he got the 3 game ban in the champions league, from a football point of view, anyone who thinks we don't need a player like that in the middle of the park needs a reality check

silverhibee
27-01-2014, 08:54 PM
Has he handed in a transfer request to Lennon yet. :wink:

ahibby
28-01-2014, 02:39 PM
We really need to get over Celtic. They are the biggest club in Scotland, get over it.

Judas Iscariot
28-01-2014, 02:43 PM
Has he handed in a transfer request to Lennon yet. :wink:

Can get him in this window for 150k

FACT

MrRobot
28-01-2014, 04:48 PM
the guy was offered 20 odd grand a week , you canny seriously of expected him to knock that back and stay at hibs for 2 or 3 grand a week

pat stanton went to celtic , does that omit him from legendary status in your eyes ?

If he was even getting 2-3 grand a week at Hibs.