PDA

View Full Version : (NHC) Today's SPFL total attendance

jdships
25-01-2014, 08:02 PM
Checked the BBC Scotland figures for the four games today and the attendance totalled

Considerably less than we had V the " Slum Dwellers "

Begs the question how these clubs can continue to attract players who they will , presumably , pay decent wages ?

Carheenlea
25-01-2014, 08:14 PM
I was listening to Sportsound in car this afternoon, and Alan Preston predicted that the crowds in the 1st division would be greater than those in the top flight next season.
I doubt they will be, but will be interesting to compare when time comes.

lord bunberry
25-01-2014, 08:15 PM
Checked the BBC Scotland figures for the four games today and the attendance totalled

Considerably less than we had V the " Slum Dwellers "

Begs the question how these clubs can continue to attract players who they will , presumably , pay decent wages ?

I was listening to the radio today and that clown Preston said that the championship next season will be the best supported league in Scotland, I assume he was looking at today's figures to come that conclusion. I don't normally listen to the BBC and if that's the sort of pish they talk every week I won't be listening again.

Famous Fiver
25-01-2014, 08:22 PM
You ask a great question jdships

Just refer to our mutant cousins from across the city for your answer.

jdships
25-01-2014, 08:40 PM
[QUOTE=Famous Fiver;3883271]You ask a great question jdships

Just refer to our mutant cousins from across the city for your answer.[/QUOTE

:hibees:top marks

green&left
26-01-2014, 09:55 AM
Say 12/13k today and your talking 30k for 6 games. Probably about the same as Leicester had at home yesterday.

Piss piss poor. Not surprising though.

Hibbyradge
26-01-2014, 10:10 AM
If Preston wants to use yesterday's attendance as a comparison, he'd do well to remember that 33% of the league's teams, Celtic, Hibs, St J and the Arabs weren't playing.

PeterboroHibee
26-01-2014, 10:16 AM
Its not a great figure for the SPFL, but then both Hearts and Aberdeen were away, and then we are playing Celtic today. Im sure I also saw a stat suggesting that based on population size, the top flight of Scottish football is actually one of the best attended leagues in Europe so its not that bad!

I do think clubs could be doing more to try and attract fans though. I mean what they charge based on the general quality of players and the match day experience is obscene.