PDA

View Full Version : HTV Training Session footage - a clue to our starting XI?

TheFamous1875
25-01-2014, 04:12 PM
Footage from yesterday's training: http://youtu.be/4Yo9VPGiB6w

It looks like they're playing some sort of game where you have an extra man on the flank or something, but I think you might be able to gauge from the teams what the starting line up for this week is likely to be.

In the white bibs you have Harris, Handling, Maybury, Tudor Jones, Stevenson (wearing a hat) and Heffernan. Most are likely starters for this weekend.

In the yellow you have unlikely starters for Sunday such as Vine (publicly telt tae bolt), Cairney (subbed half time) cummings (second to Heff) and perhaps surprisingly Craig (capt but played terrible last match) and some youngsters who are supposedly not good enough to make the bench.

Without bibs you have Roberston (suspended), Collins, Forster, Stanton and Zoubir - a mix of starters and likely on the bench, but in Robertson's case definitely not.

Butcher publicly stated that we're planning to give Celtic 'a go' and I also remember a previous interview where he said their training matches before the match were always the starting XI against the others.

It's great to see the boys attacking and seeming to have fun at training, hopefully they can bring that attacking prowess to Easter Road on Sunday.

(Also, 30 secs in, I think Paul Cairney tries his trademark in the box nutmeg, fumbles it, and it leads to the opposition scoring ( a tidy flick over the keeper by Collins). You can hear Malpas shouting along the lines of "dinnae try and nutmeg everybody! *goal conceded* See, there ya go!")

AllyF
25-01-2014, 04:17 PM

It looks like they're playing some sort of game where you have an extra man on the flank or something, but I think you might be able to gauge from the teams what the starting line up for this week is likely to be.

In the white bibs you have Harris, Handling, Maybury, Tudor Jones, Stevenson (wearing a hat) and Heffernan. Most are likely starters for this weekend.

In the yellow you have unlikely starters for Sunday such as Vine (publicly telt tae bolt), Cairney (subbed half time) cummings (second to Heff) and perhaps surprisingly Craig (capt but played terrible last match) and some youngsters who are supposedly not good enough to make the bench.

Without bibs you have Roberston (suspended), Collins, Forster, Stanton and Zoubir - likely starters or on the bench, but in Robertson's case definitely not.

Butcher publicly stated that we're planning to give Celtic 'a go' and I also remember a previous interview where he said their training matches before the match were always the starting XI against the others.

It's great to see the boys attacking and seeming to have fun at training, hopefully they can bring that attacking prowess to Easter Road on Sunday.

(Also, 30 secs in, I think Paul Cairney tries his trademark in the box nutmeg, fumbles it, and it leads to the opposition scoring ( a tidy flick over the keeper by Collins). You can hear Malpas shouting along the lines of "dinnae try and nutmeg everybody! *goal conceded* See, there ya go!")

Why on Earth would Collins and Forster be likely to start on the bench? I think we'll see them both, along with Craig, in the starting line-up tomorrow.

Unseen work
25-01-2014, 04:20 PM
I think it's just evenly split tbh with a couple of attackers midfielders and defenders mixed in amongst them. Where was Nelson??

Some good finished especially from handling and Collins.

Really hope to see the 3 going guys Stanton Harris and handling start

Billy Whizz
25-01-2014, 04:24 PM
Noticed Jordon Forster knocking the ball in from the right back position

TheFamous1875
25-01-2014, 04:26 PM
Why on Earth would Collins and Forster be likely to start on the bench? I think we'll see them both, along with Craig, in the starting line-up tomorrow.

I meant that Stanton and Zoubir (more Zoubir) were likely to be on the bench, that's what I meant by 'starters or on the bench', starters meaning Collins, Forster and Robertson (if he was available). Sorry mate, I should've clarified more thoroughly!

Wotherspiniesta
25-01-2014, 04:46 PM
So, whats our starting XI?

Haymaker
25-01-2014, 04:56 PM
I did this last night with my U16s.

SMAXXA
25-01-2014, 05:37 PM
Looks like just a normal possession game with wall men and goals. Nothing I'm this regarding formation or line up imo. We give our boys this drill too

IFONLY
25-01-2014, 06:26 PM

Without bibs you have Roberston (suspended), Collins, Forster, Stanton and Zoubir - a mix of starters and likely on the bench, but in Robertson's case definitely not.

What a waste of the English language, no sense to your explanation whatsover

TheFamous1875
25-01-2014, 08:43 PM
What a waste of the English language, no sense to your explanation whatsover

Oh, I do apologise for not being able to reach your unattainable standards of perfect English grammar and sentence structure. How dare I write a daft, silly theory which is in no way meant to be taken very seriously at all on a public football forum. How dare I eschew all standards required for this magnitude of a football forum! I better go and get an education before I exhibit such a flawed grasp of the English language in public again!

Bit much, mate. You can see what I'm trying to say about bibs, etc. I wrote it in a hurry and it's flawed, but I didn't regard it as that important.

The_Horde
25-01-2014, 08:46 PM
Go to college, study English and come back when you can live up to the high standards of the grammar geeks of hibs.net!

Notice on the video as well there's a min of footage with no sound. Wonder why that is?

silverhibee
25-01-2014, 08:56 PM
;3883287']Go to college, study English and come back when you can live up to the high standards of the grammar geeks of hibs.net!

Notice on the video as well there's a min of footage with no sound. Wonder why that is?

Bleep bleep bleeping bleepers bleep bleep off.

dp00
25-01-2014, 10:42 PM
I notice we are seeing more from the training ground.

Is this cause terry is comfortable allowing the cameras In compared to pat

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2