PDA

View Full Version : Life after Tom Farmer

HIBERNIAN-0762
23-01-2014, 05:11 PM
I am curious to find find out what you guys think what will happen when STF finally ends his tenure at ER.

Be interested to hear what you think.

greenlex
23-01-2014, 05:14 PM
Supporters Trust

Pretty Boy
23-01-2014, 05:17 PM
I think a Supporters Trust is the most likely route we will go down.

STF has always had the long term interests of Hibs at Heart and effectively giving the club back to the fans seems the way he would go imo.

Waxy
23-01-2014, 05:19 PM
Foundation of Hibs?

Inch Hibs
23-01-2014, 05:22 PM
Arab Sheik please.

Seveno
23-01-2014, 05:23 PM
I'm certain that he will leave it in the care of some sort of trust. He might not be interested in football but he does care about the club and the community. He'll want to make sure that the club never falls into the wrong hands.

Andy74
23-01-2014, 05:23 PM
I am curious to find find out what you guys think what will happen when STF finally ends his tenure at ER.

The important thing is it doesn't really matter in terms of the day to day running or funding if the club.

I doubt very much we will be handed on or sold to anyone who would deviate from the model that Hibs are run self sufficiently.

Not really a buyer of fans owning or running clubs. Can't see any benefits really.

jacomo
23-01-2014, 05:44 PM
Foundation of Hibs?

Only if it has a fancy crest with Fleur-de-lys on it.

GreenCastle
23-01-2014, 05:55 PM

His son will be in charge - more of a football guy than Farmer.

lapsedhibee
23-01-2014, 06:00 PM

He'll probably just potter about in his garden, like other old folk.

snooky
23-01-2014, 06:02 PM

Good call :top marks

Bronson
23-01-2014, 06:15 PM
A billionaire philanthropist who feels like throwing his own money at hibs for a hobby:greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
23-01-2014, 06:22 PM
The club will be taken over by people who think we should play in all Green and the badge should be a Leprechaun sitting over two crossed Shillelaghs surrounded by a circle of Shamrocks ................... just kiddin' :greengrin

Seriously I can see there being some sort of fan ownership of perhaps 30% or so, which would prevent any one person having the total power to run the club into the ground. Perhaps some sort of foundation gifted the shares with no power ever to sell them.

Mind you, if you check out some of the threads on this and related subjects in the past ...... There is no life after Tom Farmer.

SouthMoroccoStu
23-01-2014, 06:27 PM

:greengrin

My grandad used to go to the bowling club

weonlywon6-2
23-01-2014, 06:32 PM
I'm certain that he will leave it in the care of some sort of trust. He might not be interested in football but he does care about the club and the community. He'll want to make sure that the club never falls into the wrong hands.

This is probably what he will do

greenginger
23-01-2014, 07:20 PM
His son will be in charge - more of a football guy than Farmer.

I heard his son is a very laid back type of guy who would hate the hastle and responsibility of a football club.

Kato
23-01-2014, 07:23 PM
I heard his son is a very laid back type of guy who would hate the hastle and responsibility of a football club.

Does Rod have a son to take up the slack?

Viva_Palmeiras
23-01-2014, 07:28 PM
I've asked before but don't recall many responses....

is it an advantage to become a supporters trust ahead of others (get a hike up the learning curve) or not? That is, if we were to go for it as one of the latter entrants would we lose ground whilst others picked up speed?

Certainly it'd be an advantage to have a club be in healthy position at the time of handover...

stoneyburn hibs
23-01-2014, 08:24 PM

Not unless he was paid by a woman or has a stepson, cant imagine Rodders would give his juices away without cutting a deal.

God Petrie
23-01-2014, 08:26 PM

He has two sons and I doubt they'd get involved.

Weststandwanab
23-01-2014, 08:41 PM
He has two sons and I doubt they'd get involved. . His son and daughter in law are both bean counters. They graduated as c.a.'s the same day as my daughter.

Kato
23-01-2014, 08:44 PM
I've asked before but don't recall many responses....

is it an advantage to become a supporters trust ahead of others (get a hike up the learning curve) or not? That is, if we were to go for it as one of the latter entrants would we lose ground whilst others picked up speed?

Certainly it'd be an advantage to have a club be in healthy position at the time of handover...

Agreed. Sperm banks keep records though don't they?

#clonethetache

Viva_Palmeiras
23-01-2014, 08:47 PM
Agreed. Sperm banks keep records though don't they?

#clonethetache

Ché Tache doesn't waste anything tho... ;)

silverhibee
23-01-2014, 09:00 PM
Seen Mr & Mrs Farmer out for a stroll in Barnton the other night there, just walking past the entrance of Bruntsfield golf club, well wrapped up so they were.

Baldy Foghorn
23-01-2014, 09:21 PM
I had a half an hour phone call with Sir Tom recently, and I asked what the future without him would be.

He understood my concern, and said whilst he couldn't tell me the ins and outs for personal and confidential reasons, that the future of the Club would be secure going forward.....

My guess looking at the structure of how Hibs are made up, is that the Club would possibly be passed down to his family?

Jonnyboy
23-01-2014, 09:23 PM
I had a half an hour phone call with Sir Tom recently, and I asked what the future without him would be.

He understood my concern, and said whilst he couldn't tell me the ins and outs for personal and confidential reasons, that the future of the Club would be secure going forward.....

My guess looking at the structure of how Hibs are made up, is that the Club would possibly be passed down to his family?

Did you reverse the charges? :greengrin

Bit in bold is all we really need to know I guess :agree:

Baldy Foghorn
23-01-2014, 09:29 PM

He called me JC, I'm no daft:greengrin

Jonnyboy
23-01-2014, 09:29 PM
He called me JC, I'm no daft:greengrin

Why did he call you JC? You been impersonating John Collins again? :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
23-01-2014, 09:36 PM
Why did he call you JC? You been impersonating John Collins again? :greengrin

:aok: Aye, me and JC have the same 6-pack

Framie
23-01-2014, 10:40 PM
he is close to 25 years of ownership is he the longest serving in scotland?

1875godsgift
23-01-2014, 11:49 PM

Are you very small?

VivaHiberña
23-01-2014, 11:52 PM

While I respect STF's right to privacy and don't expect him to be making all those sorts of arrangements public, I can't agree that 'need to know' is necessarily good when it comes to the club. You only need to look over the road to see what happens when supporters don't ask questions.

That said I, slightly hypocritically, have full faith in STF to do the best thing for Hibs and don't see a desperate need to start nosing around. I think I can justify this on the basis that STF has a proven record in doing the best for the club and the community at large and see no reason for this to change.

My point is that as supporters we arguably have a right to know our club's future and a duty to ask questions but at the same time probably needn't bother. I realise that these points are totally irreconcilable. :doh:

Billy McKirdy
24-01-2014, 12:21 AM
In Sir Tom I trust.
I believe he will leave us in good hands, forget him selling up to any outside investor, his concern will be the long-term stability of Hibernian FC and the preservation of this fine institution.
He will leave the people who can continue his good work.
GGTTH

Wilson
24-01-2014, 01:00 AM

Would hate the hassle and responsibiliy of sporting a mouser.

Speedway
24-01-2014, 08:51 AM

Like your avatar.

ahibby
24-01-2014, 09:10 AM
His son will take over, and Hibs will be kept in the Farmer family for the foreseeable future.

GreenCastle
24-01-2014, 10:05 AM
His son will take over, and Hibs will be kept in the Farmer family for the foreseeable future.

:agree:

He has a son and grandchildren.

Petrie has 2 sons and they are also massive Hibs fans so I can see ownership being passed down.

The good news is that we are in safe hands and there will be life after STF - do people think that Farmer would want to leave behind a mess to his family and the community and tarnish his name his built up over the years ?

Alex Trager
24-01-2014, 10:40 AM
Some sort of billionaire for me

Keith_M
24-01-2014, 10:52 AM
If his offspring aren't interested, I'd happily inherit his shareholding.

I wouldnt make too many changes at the club, just introduce new Hibs cheerleaders, in whom I'd take a close interest

SunshineOnLeith
24-01-2014, 11:45 AM
We'll go bust.

Kickback told me.

Framie
24-01-2014, 02:19 PM
Like your avatar.
Ta shamelessly stolen tho homesoffootball.co.uk image no longer there unfortunately

Framie
24-01-2014, 02:21 PM
Are you very small?

You must be very big I guess if size is based on what font you use......big man!

linlithgowhibbie
24-01-2014, 02:27 PM
Are you very small?

No, he is just vey far away!!!!!

Thanks to Father Ted

Jonnyboy
24-01-2014, 07:19 PM
While I respect STF's right to privacy and don't expect him to be making all those sorts of arrangements public, I can't agree that 'need to know' is necessarily good when it comes to the club. You only need to look over the road to see what happens when supporters don't ask questions.

That said I, slightly hypocritically, have full faith in STF to do the best thing for Hibs and don't see a desperate need to start nosing around. I think I can justify this on the basis that STF has a proven record in doing the best for the club and the community at large and see no reason for this to change.

My point is that as supporters we arguably have a right to know our club's future and a duty to ask questions but at the same time probably needn't bother. I realise that these points are totally irreconcilable. :doh:

STF has been asked questions many times over the years by supporters, myself included and while I might not always like his reticence to respond I trust him to do right by Hibernian.

Borderhibbie76
24-01-2014, 10:45 PM
Why are we concerned??? According to the tramps over on Icannaerememberhowmanypointsback we will be in administration soon enough..we r on the brink dont u know???

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Caversham Green
25-01-2014, 08:48 AM
To some extent I think a succession plan is already in place. The club's ultimate parent company is Maidencraig Investments (No 1) Ltd, owning 66% of the club through various intermediate companies. Maidencraig is 100% owned by a Tom Farmer Settlement Trust, not by STF himself.

Very broadly, that means that STF has effectively already left a majority shareholding in the club to the beneficiaries of the Trust - probably one or more of his descendants. The club could still be sold because of the intermediate companies' ownership, but there would be some legal complications and it couldn't really be sold at under-value. It strikes me as unlikely to happen in any case in these circumstances.

The club is a self-sufficient, profit-making company (and that's the truth not Southernesque spin, we made £10m profit during the 7 year period ending in 2011-12, while our neighbours made £53m losses) that is slowly but steadily increasing its value, so ownership is not particularly important unless you want the owner to take a more hands-on approach (personally, I'm in two minds about that). The succession is a Farmer family matter and deserves to stay that way (IMO), but one thing that is sure is that Hibernian FC will not go bust when Sir Tom Farmer passes away.

greenginger
25-01-2014, 09:49 AM
I tried to do this excersise a little while back.

HFC Holdings Ltd ( the football club's parent ) is owned through .....

90 % Infucus Investments Ltd

Infocus Investments Ltd owned 100% by Maidencraig Inv. No 3 ltd

Maidencraig Inv. No 3 owned 100% by Maidencraig Inv No2 ltd

Maidencraig Inv. No 2 Owned 75 % by Maidencraig No 1 Ltd and 25 % by STF personally

Maidencraig Inv No 1 owned 100 % by STF Settlement Trust.

I think that works out that the Trust owns 67.5 % of the Club, but have no idea why it has to be so complicated :confused: Edit. I am looking at the parent rather than the club . Cav's 66% is correct