PDA

View Full Version : NHC So who was watching the match on Sky?

--------
22-01-2014, 09:31 PM
Quite an exciting last few minutes there. Nice day out for Gus and his boys. :clapper:

Jonnyboy
22-01-2014, 09:32 PM
Quite an exciting last few minutes there. Nice day out for Gus and his boys. :clapper:

Indeed but terrible penalties from these so called Premiership superstars :agree:

--------
22-01-2014, 09:35 PM
Indeed but terrible penalties from these so called Premiership superstars :agree:

I've seen the wee guys do much better at Half-time at ER.

Joe Davis could have taught them all a thing or two.

Still, I'd rather the Cats were there than Manure. Sharing things out a wee bit, like.

So do we reckon Juan Mata'll be an improvement on Tom Cleverley, then? :greengrin

Jonnyboy
22-01-2014, 09:36 PM
I've seen the wee guys do much better at Half-time at ER.

Joe Davis could have taught them all a thing or two.

Still, I'd rather the Cats were there than Manure. Sharing things out a wee bit, like.

So do we reckon Juan Mata'll be an improvement on Tom Cleverley, then? :greengrin

Only if the rebel was on their left wing Doddie :greengrin

Hibs Class
22-01-2014, 09:41 PM

:agree: Utterly atrocious. Don't think I've ever seen a shoot-out as bad as that.

PatHead
22-01-2014, 09:44 PM
Bet you the Sunderland supporters felt like we did after beating Rangers on penalties at Hampden.

Poor quality game from the world's top league sides though.

Jonnyboy
22-01-2014, 09:46 PM
Apparently the United players were coached on penalty taking by this superstar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAKsGT9-XB0&app=desktop

--------
22-01-2014, 09:48 PM
Only if the rebel was on their left wing Doddie :greengrin

Well, yeah - he needed a wee bit of help from Stevie right enough.

Mind, there was enough diving going on in the united side tonight to give Joe a season's pens in one night.

Hardly a one can stay on his feet for more than a few seconds.

erin go bragh
23-01-2014, 04:51 PM

Only watched the extra time and penalties .
On that showing ,Man u got what they deserved .
7 pen missed ! Unbelievable Jeff !

Ggtth

--------
23-01-2014, 06:28 PM
Only watched the extra time and penalties .
On that showing ,Man u got what they deserved .
7 pen missed ! Unbelievable Jeff !

Ggtth

They're fragile, pretty much devoid of ideas from midfield, and increasingly prone to fall over as soon as they're challenged.

Players who two years ago would have been OK on the bench to back up much better first-choice players are now first choices, and they're really not good enough. Smalling, Cleverley, Buttner, Jones, Evans, Fabio, Rafael, Nani, Kagawa, Young, Valencia, Zaha, Hernandez, Welbeck and Macheda simply aren't good enough for United - at least, not in those numbers. Fair enough some of them as squad players, but not that number and not making up the bulk of the team. Fellaini's unproven - not looking good, though - and Evra, Ferdinand and Vidic are looking a bit long in the tooth. Giggs can't go on forever, Fletcher's just back from a long lay-off, and Carrick's injured.

That leaves the goalie (NOT impressive last night, Van Persie (injured, and increasingly peed-off) and Rooney (also injured and increasingly peed-off).

Only Fletcher of United and Ki and Alonso of Sunderland took respectable penalties - the rest were truly awful. Not one of Jones, Welbeck, Januzaj and Rafael looked anything like scoring as they went up to take their turns.

Gettin' Auld
23-01-2014, 06:40 PM
Even the silky Brazilians can have problems from the penalty spot. :greengrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwTZNGVeDlI