haha

Jonnyboy
22-01-2014, 10:30 PM
haha

:faf:

C'mon the Cats

hibbymick
22-01-2014, 10:30 PM
Ive seen better penalties doon Leith Links.

Steven_Hibs
22-01-2014, 10:31 PM
Moyes in now massively under pressure, he needs signings, right now, as billy broon would say, they are strugglin

HIBERNIAN-0762
22-01-2014, 10:32 PM
Shocking stuff by the Reds, knives out for Moyes now, penalties were a disgrace from players of that standard.

Well done The Black Clats

--------
22-01-2014, 10:32 PM
haha

Har-har-de-har-har, even. :devil:

down-the-slope
22-01-2014, 10:33 PM
EPL best league in world.... 3 pens scored :greengrin...... way too funny

How good to be a Black Cat in OT tonight

Ronniekirk

C'mon the Cats
Only saw Man U equaling on aggregate earlier so assume it's gone to penalties .are they out ?

Craig_in_Prague
Crazy end, I forgot about the "away goals" and didnt realize Sunderland needed to score in ET,which thanks to the mistake by DeGea they did so at the end, only to lose a goal and send it to Pens. Mental, Quite shocking penalties!

TheFamous1875
Shame Fletcher couldnae contribute to the win :/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

hibbymick
22-01-2014, 10:35 PM
Only saw Man U equaling on aggregate earlier so assume it's gone to penalties .are they out ?

They are oot wi the black cat tails between their legs.

blaikie
22-01-2014, 10:35 PM
Toothless upfront and no confidence at the back, Mata isn't the answer!

How long til Fergies back lol!!

--------
22-01-2014, 10:36 PM

Oh yes. They're out. Indeed they are.

OUT. :greengrin

TheFamous1875
22-01-2014, 10:38 PM
Thiago Silva in the summer would be a damn fine signing. Him and Mata.

Man Utd just don't seem world class anymore.

davieh
22-01-2014, 10:39 PM
fifa manager of the year between moyes and locke...:greengrin

Ronniekirk
22-01-2014, 10:39 PM
They are oot wi the black cat tails between their legs.

Thanks wonder how hard Fergie is having to work behind scenes to keep moyes in job .maybe he got it wrong and someone else needs to take decision he can be stubborn but think fans won't accept more defeats

KingFranck
22-01-2014, 10:42 PM
Well I'm a Newcastle fan but that was very very funny. Our 11 year old goalkeeperat our boys team could have saved Bardsleys shot and most of the penalties!

Ronniekirk
22-01-2014, 10:47 PM

They are not that's why Fergie got out ,he knew it was going to get harder

HH81
22-01-2014, 10:49 PM
Moyes must stay that was class.

Good to see the glory hunters can no longer say they don't go as they can't get a ticket. Class ending.

Breaking news Juan Mata has been arrested for speeding court doing 165mph down m6

--------
22-01-2014, 10:51 PM
Thanks wonder how hard Fergie is having to work behind scenes to keep moyes in job .maybe he got it wrong and someone else needs to take decision he can be stubborn but think fans won't accept more defeats

He's getting the look of a dead man walking. :agree:

heretoday
22-01-2014, 10:53 PM
You'd think professional footballers could take better pens than that. Pathetic.

Thecat23
22-01-2014, 10:54 PM
Man U players bottled playing City and threw the pens. No way can a bunch of pros be that bad from 12 yards surely?!!

MWHIBBIES
22-01-2014, 11:00 PM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HDSo would Messi but it aint happening.

Inch Hibs
22-01-2014, 11:02 PM
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/25849959

TheFamous1875
22-01-2014, 11:03 PM
So would Messi but it aint happening.

Maybe Ferguson pulled a fast one and knew this would be the end of their dynasty. Maybe he is that egotistical he had to have them collapse without his self at the helm to highlight his own importance? Mowbray's team were left better!

erin go bragh
22-01-2014, 11:06 PM
Crazy end, I forgot about the "away goals" and didnt realize Sunderland needed to score in ET,which thanks to the mistake by DeGea they did so at the end, only to lose a goal and send it to Pens. Mental, Quite shocking penalties!

You would think if away goals counted it wouldnt have went to extra time ?
Well deserved for Sunderland .

Ggtth

Craig_in_Prague
22-01-2014, 11:10 PM
You would think if away goals counted it wouldnt have went to extra time ?
Well deserved for Sunderland .

Ggtth

Away goals come into play after the 90 (well, 180) mins yes. Saying otherwise?

Haymaker
22-01-2014, 11:18 PM
Away goals come into play after the 90 (well, 180) mins yes. Saying otherwise?

In the ELC they count after extra time for some rather weird reason.

3pm
22-01-2014, 11:24 PM
I am no Man U fan, far from it. But I hope Moyes turns it round.

Iggy Pope
22-01-2014, 11:34 PM
Maybe Ferguson pulled a fast one and knew this would be the end of their dynasty. Maybe he is that egotistical he had to have them collapse without his self at the helm to highlight his own importance? Mowbray's team were left better!

The only time I have been fortunate to listen to the 5live 606 phone in this season was on the way back from Tannadice after Swansea had pumped them out of the FA Cup.
The Manurians (exiled) were queuing up to have a dig at Taggart for his failure to invest properly while re-signing liabilities like Scholes and Giggs and somehow, inexplicably, failing to spot a goalkeeper with £8 zillion of a budget.

His conk illuminates that stand though.

Hibercelona
22-01-2014, 11:49 PM
Rafael tried to do a Liam Craig from the spot and just wasn't skillful enough.

scoopyboy
22-01-2014, 11:55 PM

I agree with that.

Last season IMO Man Utd were the third best team in the League behind Man City and Chelsea but because these teams pressed the self destruct button Man Utd got it easy.

Man Utd are playing players (as they were last season) that would get nowhere near the Chelsea or Man City teams.

Fergie bailed out at the right time and he knew it.

They are my favoured English team but I was quite happy to see Sunderland go through.

Man City would have destroyed Man Utd in the final just as they will do to Sunderland. A day trip to Wembley for the Black Cats.

Moon unit
23-01-2014, 12:00 AM
haha
In deedie ha ha ha!.......great to hear droves of Utd fans on the phone -in bleating and wailing!!!..grow a pair, now u know how it feels :)

IWasThere2016
23-01-2014, 12:05 AM

Breaking news - Juan Mata has handed in a transfer request at Man U! :greengrin

silverhibee
23-01-2014, 12:21 AM
Sky Breaking News. Juan Mata arrested for doing a u-turn on the M6

hfc rd
23-01-2014, 01:49 AM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cMKfV4TU1kI&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DcMKfV4TU1kI

Skip to 19 secs.

CB_NO3
23-01-2014, 03:24 AM
Woeful stuff from Man Utd. Worst I have ever seen them. Massive clearout needed in the summer. Anderson, Cleverly, Nani, Fabio, Welbeck (is this the best England have), Hernandez are not good enough for a first team place. You could add Rio and Giggs to that list too who are finished and the jury is still out if Smalling and Phil Jones can make it at that level on a weekly basis.

In saying that of they sign Mata along with Rooney and RVP, there is not many better attacks than that if they can get fit.

leggeto
23-01-2014, 07:34 AM
Well I have liked Liverpool since childhood so giruthem from me

johnrebus
23-01-2014, 08:59 AM
The fall from grace of Manchester United is a great thing for the UK and the world in general.

Now that they are getting beat all the time, there won't be so much much of that nasty carbon stuff from automobile exhausts breaking up the ozone layer every other week with all these people driving up from Berkshire and Surrey to Old Trafford.

:rolleyes:

s.a.m
23-01-2014, 09:07 AM
http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/juan-mata-joins-rat-infested-ghost-ship-2014012382829

Onion
23-01-2014, 09:16 AM
He's getting the look of a dead man walking. :agree:

Been like that from the day he took the job. Like a rabbit caught on headlights.

Weststandwanab
23-01-2014, 09:32 AM
Thanks wonder how hard Fergie is having to work behind scenes to keep moyes in job .maybe he got it wrong and someone else needs to take decision he can be stubborn but think fans won't accept more defeats The won't a dead man walking

Well I'm a Newcastle fan but that was very very funny. Our 11 year old goalkeeperat our boys team could have saved Bardsleys shot and most of the penalties! Do Man U know about your goalkeeper ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD A good point but he should have let others name his successor.

Been like that from the day he took the job. Like a rabbit caught on headlights. A bit harsh on rabbits there.

heretoday
23-01-2014, 09:37 AM
It's healthy for the fans of Man Utd to realise that no team has a divine right to win all the time. If they can bring themselves to back the club through this period they'll be better people for it in the end.

Pretty Boy
23-01-2014, 09:47 AM
It's healthy for the fans of Man Utd to realise that no team has a divine right to win all the time. If they can bring themselves to back the club through this period they'll be better people for it in the end.

Man United will hold on to their support through a tough period. They may lose a few of the Asian, African and SE English fans who move on to the new 'fashionable' team but they still have a huge core support. When they were relegated in the 70s they still regularly posted the best crowd in Britain of a weekend. I've spent a fair bit of time in Manchester with work over the years and in my experience the 'no one in Manchester supports United' line is a bit of a myth, I've always encountered far more United fans than I have City.

The sad thing is that in modern football the club will probably be far more worried about losing the foreign market fans than they will be about losing a few closer to home.

Craig_in_Prague
23-01-2014, 09:48 AM
Man United will hold on to their support through a tough period. They may lose a few of the Asian, African and SE English fans who move on to the new 'fashionable' team but they still have a huge core support. When they were relegated in the 70s they still regularly posted the best crowd in Britain of a weekend. I've spent a fair bit of time in Manchester with work over the years and in my experience the 'no one in Manchester supports United' line is a bit of a myth, I've always encountered far more United fans than I have City.

The sad thing is that in modern football the club will probably be far more worried about losing the foreign market fans than they will be about losing a few closer to home.

Yep
I think for the 1st time ever, they've just dropped out of the top 3 'rich' list (real, barca and bayern now)

yeezus.
23-01-2014, 11:54 AM

:agree: good point PB.

When I was at Aberdeen back in 2012, quite a few of the foreign students had just bought that season's Manchester City top. To be fair, City got 40,000 fans when they were in the third division.

Pretty Boy
23-01-2014, 11:57 AM

When I was at Aberdeen back in 2012, quite a few of the foreign students had just bought that season's Manchester City top. To be fair, City got 40,000 fans when they were in the third division.

There's no doubt City have a massive fan base as well.

The Greater Manchester area has a population of over 2.5M so both clubs have a huge population to draw support from.

yeezus.
23-01-2014, 11:58 AM
There's no doubt City have a massive fan base as well.

The Greater Manchester area has a population of over 2.5M so both clubs have a huge population to draw support from.

Did I tell you about my mate from Littleborough? He's a Rochdale die hard and is constantly asked "City or United"? He proudly says Rochdale!

Pretty Boy
23-01-2014, 12:01 PM
Did I tell you about my mate from Littleborough? He's a Rochdale die hard and is constantly asked "City or United"? He proudly says Rochdale!

Good on him too.

IWasThere2016
23-01-2014, 12:46 PM
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jan/23/fan-999-police-sir-alex-ferguson-manchester-united?CMP=fb_ot

--------
23-01-2014, 12:51 PM
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jan/23/fan-999-police-sir-alex-ferguson-manchester-united?CMP=fb_ot

I didn't think Davie Moyes was as desperate as that. :faf:

As Corporal Jones so often observed - "They don't like it ...."

norhfc
23-01-2014, 12:59 PM
I only began to shout for Man U as everyone and his dug support Liverpool over here.
No too bothered about a change of reign, at least it changes, no like certain Leagues :rolleyes:

Scouse Hibee
23-01-2014, 01:41 PM
If Manure fans can't deal with the slump they can always do what I did when the realism that Liverpool were no longer dominant hit home.....................................move to Scotland and support a decent SPL side :greengrin

Pretty Boy
23-01-2014, 01:43 PM
If Manure fans can't deal with the slump they can always do what I did when the realism that Liverpool were no longer dominant hit home.....................................move to Scotland and support a decent SPL side :greengrin

You support another SPL team as well?

Scouse Hibee
23-01-2014, 01:47 PM
You support another SPL team as well?

Aaaaaaaaaaah after all this time my cover is blown :greengrin

--------
23-01-2014, 01:57 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaah after all this time my cover is blown :greengrin

LTYF. :lolyam:

:wink:

hfc rd
23-01-2014, 02:59 PM

You can can listen to the phone call on the link below. Really funny, even reading the tweet about this made me laugh!

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/drunk-man-united-fan-rings-police-demanding-to-speak-to-sir-alex-ferguson-after-sunderland-defeat/

s.a.m
23-01-2014, 03:52 PM
You can can listen to the phone call on the link below. Really funny, even reading the tweet about this made me laugh!

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/drunk-man-united-fan-rings-police-demanding-to-speak-to-sir-alex-ferguson-after-sunderland-defeat/

In its own way, that's beautiful....:greengrin

TornadoHibby
23-01-2014, 04:01 PM
Oh yes. They're out. Indeed they are.

OUT. :greengrin

Fergie left at exactly the right time for Fergie! :agree:

He saw an ageing squad with a need to rebuild quickly if trophy winning momentum was required so rather than set to re-dress his neglectful attitude to the strategic management role he held (as part of the Club Manager role) in maintaining a high quality, competitive, trophy challenging squad he coasted to retirement with the existing squad put together (RVP apart) several years ago. :agree:

He should have been getting in high quality replacements for the like of Ferdinand, Scholes, Giggs, Vidic all at , or nearing the end of their careers and the same for some of the duds that he had signed like Ashley Young, Buttner and Fabio Da Silva (perhaps even his brother). :agree:

Rather than that he waited until David Gill (CEO) was retiring and suddenly announced that he too would retire virtually the next day leaving David Moyes to do that rebuilding of such a huge club with massive fan base performance expectations from the team! :agree:

Moyes is a tough character and he will get through the current mess which is not helped by injuries and suspensions to key top players but what is happening at Old Trafford right now has not just happened because David Moyes has taken over as first team coach IMO! :confused:

Fergie let himself down badly IMO with the manner of his departure and the two or three years up to that when he had effectively decided to ignore a most significant part of his role in his job as Club Manager of Man Utd!

Juan Mata will help as will RVP and Rooney returning from injury but several more top class players are still required for key positions in the first team most notably in central defence and centre (creative) offensive midfield! :wink:

jgl07
23-01-2014, 04:11 PM

It was 28,000 actually. That was the capacity of the home end at Maine Road at the time.

WindyMiller
23-01-2014, 05:46 PM
It was 28,000 actually. That was the capacity of the home end at Maine Road at the time.

Strangely enough, for a team that filled stadia when in the lower leagues, the place looked pretty empty when they played the home tie versus the Hammers.

weonlywon6-2
23-01-2014, 07:51 PM

Thats football i suppose,no team can continually dominate year after year

weonlywon6-2
23-01-2014, 08:05 PM
Man utd need to spend very big in the summer but not sure if they will truat david moyes to do it.

Look at the improvement in Everton since he left them

weonlywon6-2
23-01-2014, 08:22 PM
Man utd need to spend very big in the summer but not sure if they will truat david moyes to do it.

Inch Hibs
23-01-2014, 10:16 PM

Evertons improvement comes with 2 players who Matrinez brought to the club and a youngster who Moyes brought through. I don't actually think they have improved that much either, they just play better football.

Let's see if they finish in the top 4 and make a cup final. Something Moyes managed at Everton.

Man united will let him spend what he wants. Now and in the summer.

Wotherspiniesta
23-01-2014, 10:42 PM
Seem to remember getting slaughtered on the PM board for stating that Moyes' style of football is pish. I'm aware United have missed Rooney and Van Persie but I've never seen a United team so unimagintive in my life. Slow build up play, lack of ideas*, and very few efforts on goal and the way they sat back against Sunderland (and a few other poor teams at home this season) was very worrying.

* I'll exclude young Januzaj from that as he looks a cracking player.

Dashing Bob S
24-01-2014, 12:11 AM
Ferguson's greatest ever managerial achievement might just be winning the EPL last year that team. The pishest champions I can remember.

Moyes had a big rebuild on his hands.

Is he up to it? Still early days but a real test of character for him.

Craig_in_Prague
24-01-2014, 11:05 AM
Ferguson's greatest ever managerial achievement might just be winning the EPL last year that team. The pishest champions I can remember.

Moyes had a big rebuild on his hands.

Is he up to it? Still early days but a real test of character for him.

Yup, remarkable he won the league with that squad.
though, Rooney and in particular, Van Persie were playing most weeks and having those 2 in the side, changes things quite dramatically,
however still some achievement and he has retired at the right time, the team needs serious investment and better players all through the team.

exHIBition
24-01-2014, 04:06 PM

Is this the same year that the club set a new record for their lowest attendance ever at a competitive match of 3007?

hibbydog
24-01-2014, 05:41 PM
I think it would do everyone at Man U good if Fergie buggered off for a year or so. He's always giving his opinion in the media, being name checked in press conferences, picked out by cameras at games etc. Probably the worst ex-manager ever and, like an overbearing father in law, it's as if he can't let Moyes get on with it.

blackpoolhibs
24-01-2014, 07:11 PM
While i do think Fergie knew he was getting out at the right time as age has finally caught up, he did build so many teams over his years at old trafford, nobody would have bet against him doing it again had he stayed on.

He's had teams that never won the league before, but made them better again. Moyes will get the backing Fergie did, and we will see just how good he is over the next couple of years.

Fergie will go down as our best manager ever, some of the comments about him are ridiculous in my opinion.

Whether you love him or hate him, the man always delivered.

weonlywon6-2
24-01-2014, 07:23 PM
Evertons improvement comes with 2 players who Matrinez brought to the club and a youngster who Moyes brought through. I don't actually think they have improved that much either, they just play better football.

Let's see if they finish in the top 4 and make a cup final. Something Moyes managed at Everton.

Man united will let him spend what he wants. Now and in the summer.

just ask everton fans who they feel is a better manager,they are better placed than we are

worcesterhibby
27-01-2014, 09:27 AM
Woeful stuff from Man Utd. Worst I have ever seen them. Massive clearout needed in the summer. Anderson, Cleverly, Nani, Fabio, Welbeck (is this the best England have), Hernandez are not good enough for a first team place. You could add Rio and Giggs to that list too who are finished and the jury is still out if Smalling and Phil Jones can make it at that level on a weekly basis.

In saying that of they sign Mata along with Rooney and RVP, there is not many better attacks than that if they can get fit.

I'm not about to suggest that Man Utd Currently have the best squad in the EPL. However, before everyone blames a lack of quality players at Old Trafford for their current plight can I suggest you watch the following Youtube highlights of Man Utd beating Arsenal 8-2 and absolutely brilliant display of stunning attacking football with the following team

De Gea
Smalling
Jones
Evans
Evra
Nani
Cleverley
Anderson
Young
Rooney
Welbeck (who was subbed for Hernandez)

The current squad is pretty much the same except you can delete the underwhelming Anderson and replace him with Van Persie !!!!

Arsenal goals came from Van Persie and Walcott (not a bad attaching pair !)

http://youtu.be/JMIJs3nGddI

maybe it's just that Moyes doesn't know how to set up a team to attack.

LancsHibs
27-01-2014, 09:36 AM
Enjoying seeing Manchester United struggling, good times:thumbsup: The expression on the faces of some of the plastic manc armchair 'supporters' down here, and there are sooo many is priceless "I just don't understand!!!!!" Ha ha

Ronniekirk
27-01-2014, 10:33 AM
I'm not about to suggest that Man Utd Currently have the best squad in the EPL. However, before everyone blames a lack of quality players at Old Trafford for their current plight can I suggest you watch the following Youtube highlights of Man Utd beating Arsenal 8-2 and absolutely brilliant display of stunning attacking football with the following team

De Gea
Smalling
Jones
Evans
Evra
Nani
Cleverley
Anderson
Young
Rooney

The current squad is pretty much the same except you can delete the underwhelming Anderson and replace him with Van Persie !!!!

mayb

e it's just that Moyes doesn't know how to set up a team to attack.

It could also be that players are not adjusting to the loss of ferguson and they expected a big name manager and don't have same respect for Moyes and he isn't motivating them same way..He will stay till summer but if they dropped a few more places in league the owners would start to get twitchy and especially if crowds go down .They won't want things to spiral

MWHIBBIES
27-01-2014, 10:36 AM

De Gea
Smalling
Jones
Evans
Evra
Nani
Cleverley
Anderson
Young
Rooney

maybe it's just that Moyes doesn't know how to set up a team to attack.Worse teams than United would have crushed that Arsenal team, they were injury ravaged and badly needed new players, that game was as much Arsenal bad as United good.

Hibbyradge
27-01-2014, 10:38 AM
Fascinating insights into the world of football transfers.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/jan/26/chelsea-manchester-united-juan-mata-transfer?CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2